Start by marking “Dirty Eden” as Want to Read:

The Devil's Advocate meets Alice in Wonderland
Wicked. Dark. Humorous. Twisted.

---

While on his way to the office one morning, Norman Reeves' daily commute derails when a run-in with a stranger makes him question not only the whereabouts of his wallet, but also his sanity. In hopes of retrieving his property--and to satisfy his curiosity--Norman agrees to meet a hooker in an
Paperback, Second Edition, 347 pages
Published February 12th 2015 (first published March 10th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Dirty Eden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dirty Eden

Sam
Mar 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Devilishly Awesome... Redmerski's Best!
I love all of her novels, but this book for me, is her finest work ever; I absolutely Love it!. She is such an amazing writer and OMgosh she is an incredibly versatile author as well! Dirty Eden had me on the edge of my seat; keep me guessing and wondering what's next?!. I found this book to be very enthralling, bewitching, twisted, and unique! OMgosh...what an ending! I HOPE there will be a book two! *fingers crossed*

I rate this book:UNFORGETTABLE MASTE
Bob Milne
Mar 16, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a book I likely would not have otherwise stumbled upon, had Jessica not sent me a message via Goodreads, and one I likely would have declined to review, had it not been for the previous reviews calling it intelligent, dark-minded, vulgar, and blasphemous. As much as I tend to shy away from books with religious themes, that blasphemous tag really did catch my interest, and the reviewers' talk of interwoven mythologies intrigued me enough to take a chance.

I'm glad I did, because this was o
Fernanda Aragão
I thought I had seen, or read, J. A. Redmerski in her best performance…

I thought I had seen J. A. Redmerski’s creativity in action…

I was COMPLETELY wrong!

When I finished this book I didn’t have, and probably still don’t have, words able to describe how wonderfully creative and exquisite this work is. This book was on my TBR list since the day I was presented to this author’s writing. Author who earned my respect, my admiration and my trust these past years. Unfortunately, I will always regret no
Kristen Dome
Mar 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another wonderful entry from J.A. Redmerski, that DEFINITELY appeals to a more mature, dark minded audience!

From the opening line of this book, you immediately have that page-turning feel that accompanies a well written story. There were times I couldn't wait to read the next part, I felt like I wanted to skip ahead and cheat to see what happens to the characters. When I had to stop at the end of the night, I felt the need to get back to finish it. This was not a good thing when you have to work
C.L. Stegall
Apr 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First things first… I love reading something different. If it is just a twist on a familiar theme, it better be a damned good twist. But, if it is a take on a theme I am unfamiliar with, it just makes my day. Admittedly, I feel into this story of a man’s deal with the devil wholeheartedly. I absolutely love it when I have not a clue as to what might happen next, and this story has those moments in spades.

Norman, our protagonist, is a complex, well-written character that has his own hang-ups that
Tiana Dalichov
May 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who like weirdness
This book was crazy. Like....messed up, horrifically detailed, scandalous...yeah, that sort of crazy.

Starting with Norman, loved him as a character. He was so crass, not afraid to speak his mind to the reader at all. He was my favorite by far out of all the characters, but Tsaeb kind of grew on me a little. Don't really understand why...

Anyways! Great plot in this one, too. It's true what the blurb says: this is NOTHING like Redmerski's other books. If you think it is and that's what you expect,
Karen Attaway
Feb 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Whatever "IT" is,J. A. Redmerski definitely has it! Dirty Eden is a wonderfully epic dark fantasy. It's a very Gaiman/Bulgakov-esk type novel & I loved every second of it.
Jessica~loves to hate a cliffy~
3.5 Stars.
Skorpius
Mar 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If Neil Gaiman were a woman...

Dirty Eden is a complete breath of fresh air on a virtual shelf overcrowded with formulaic dreck that seems to have taken over the industry. This is intelligent contemporary fantasy done right, and exceptionally well.

In our protagonist Norman Reeves, we have a somewhat affable fellow who hates his job and trends toward self-deprecation. But he soon finds himself staring into an alley where his fate changes with the help of the Devil, portrayed throughout as not so b
Heidi R.
Nov 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dirty Eden, by J.A. Redmerski was nothing like I thought it would be...and I WAS forewarned in the Goodreads Synopsis that it would be different. It was interesting enough to make me read it to the end, because I needed to know what was going to happen next.

And here's the Goodreads Synopsis:

(This is not a YA book and is nothing like J.A. Redmerski's Darkwoods Trilogy or THE EDGE OF NEVER - you have been warned.)

The Devil gives Norman Reeves an ill-fated mission he has no choice but to accept: F
Lisa Markson
Sep 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lisa's review if
By J.A. Redmerski

I was given a copy of Dirty Eden by  J.A. Redmerski in exchange for an honest review.  This was not what I was expecting to read when I looked at the cover.  This was a very dark and twisted book like me just kidding.  I really enjoyed the imagery the author used to give you a very visual experience in order for the reader to connect with the storyline and characters.  I was unable to put the book down because I was afraid that I would miss something pi
Ursula

I don't know what to say! It's crazy. I liked it well enough as a very crude and obnoxious piece of work, but then that is what Satan is all about (also very offensive when it comes to speaking of the Lord). If you let him suck you into his ugliness, then your life becomes chaos, rude, ugly, sad, pitiful, desperate, and tired! That's what a dude named Norman let Satan do here. Be careful. Beware. Don't let him sneak up on you!

Katie-marie
Sep 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was a little slow moving till about 50%, but once it got moving it was fantastic. The author created this amazing world and characters you can't help but love. It was unlike any book I have ever read and I highly recommend it.
Salina Stelly
Jul 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There was never a dull moment in this book and it demands your full attention. I was sorry to see it end.
Vampiremama
Feb 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting and unique. Hope there is a sequel!
Kristin
Jan 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Oh, the review... okay, here we go. 25% - the story isn't bad. I realize, though, the only way to finish this book is with audio, which was great, by the way. Major props to the narrator! He held my interest. 50% - I'm starting to lose interest. It is funny; Norman had me rolling a few times. The story itself is losing me. 75% - I'm ready for it to be over. I made it this far, though, I need to finish. 100% - I wanted to love this book, but I found it just was not for me. I highly recommend the ...more
Nikki
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A journey that can't be missed

I came across this story after reading the "In the company of killers". By the same author. This book is not a romance but the story is so unique it locks you in at the very beginning. The writing was excellent! The descriptions by the author created a very clear image of the characters and scenes, and I was immersed in the story the entire time. It is a short read so even if fantasy is not your genre you should give it a try because the writing is excellent and the
Kayla
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting story! Definitely different than anything else I've read from J. A. Redmerski, but I rather enjoyed it.
Eliese
Dec 08, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was ok. The end felt unsatisfactory and the whole book felt a little pointless, but overall and interesting if confusing concept.
Beth Evant
Jan 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you are looking for something different. This is your book. I am amazed at how well written this book is. It is a complicated story but so easy to read and understand. The only reason that I purchased this book was because I had read some others from this author and I think J.A. Redmerski is a wonderful author. This book did not disappoint. Just beware, it is fiction. It is thoroughly entertaining and even funny at times. Redmerski draws you in and paints such vivid pictures of the surroundin ...more
Edee Fallon
In all honesty, I have no effing clue how I feel about this one, hence the three-star rating. I've read several books by this author and just LOVE the fact that she stepped so far out of her usual genre(s) to create something wholly different from her most popular titles.

It was well-written for the most part, but fell short in areas I believe could have been developed further. The plot, although not completely new and unique, was still very interesting in its own way.

I would really like to lea
Janet
Mar 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Whoa! Like pretty much everyone has said, this was really a crazy, odd book. It set my mind reeling and I'm not sure I can say exactly why but I really did like it. It is really like nothing I have read before. So bizarre. If you are in the mood for something mind bending, some irreverent and out there go for it. It really was a fun read. I always wonder where the authors head is at when I read something like this.
Anjuli
Dec 14, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not what I was expecting. This book had me confused for a while, but I was intrigued enough to want to finish the book. Tsaeb, Sophia, Norman, and Taurus were a crazy bunch of characters. The ending was kind of lack luster for me, but I definitely recommend this book. Exciting and nerve wracking at the same time.
ISL
Feb 01, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I listened to the audiobook and STILL had trouble following this convoluted storyline. The confusion of what was going on and why was never cleared up for me. The ending was abrupt and fell flat for me. The whole book felt like a very clumsy version of Dante's Inferno.
Mickey
Jul 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved the trickery

I was definitely entertained while enthralled by this strange adventure. Every little moment can be so utterly important. I would suggest to all that if you want to be surprised and on the edge of your seat in quite a few moments, this book is where to find it.
Denise
Dec 04, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow...and not necessarily a good wow. I gave this 3 stars because even though one of the strangest books I have ever read it was written well. The characters were well developed and entertaining to say the least. But after reading it I feel like I have been on a drug induced train ride.
Carissa
Jul 26, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy
This is one of those books where you have to follow every detail. In the end it just wasn't for me.
Lindsay
Dec 02, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult-fantasy
Liked the story and the very imagitive details that laid out the book.
VJ
Dec 06, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting, different well written story. Liked it very much
Ashley Soliday
not my cup or tea but I love the author so give it a try to decide for yourself!
  • Hounacier (Valducan, #2)
  • Only Human
  • Precisely Terminated (Cantral Chronicles, #1)
  • Braineater Jones
  • A Crown of Dragons (Unicorne Files, #3)
  • Death, the Devil, and the Goldfish
  • Witches for Hire (Odds Jobs,  #1)
  • Dustrunner (The Coilhunter Chronicles, #3)
  • Accession of the Stone Born: Nine Realms Saga (Vigiles Urbani Chronicles Book 1)
  • Phoenix
  • Scattered, Smothered and Chunked (Bubba the Monster Hunter #1)
  • Transfer Student
  • Grunt Life (Task Force Ombra #1)
  • Dead Mann Running (Hessius Mann, #2)
  • Raw Power (Demon-Hearted, #1)
  • Midnight (Jack Nightingale, #2)
  • The Beast Within (The Hounds of Hell, #1)
  • Hell Inc.
J.A. (Jessica) Redmerski is a New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling author, international bestseller, and award winner, who juggles several different genres. She began self-publishing in 2012, and later with the success of THE EDGE OF NEVER, signed on with Grand Central Publishing/Forever Romance. Her works have been translated into more than twenty languages.

Jessica is a
“I felt the human disease that is ignorance suddenly leave my body. Just like that. Like a hot, desperate piss after a long car ride.” 9 likes
“The longer you look the more you see," said the twins at the same time, "the more you see, the less you are.” 7 likes