Start by marking “A Trip Down Reality Lane” as Want to Read:
A Trip Down Reality Lane

A Trip Down Reality Lane

College life can be tough…

For a junior pursuing a degree in English with no plans for his future, living in the present is far better than the alternative.

One morning he wakes up and embarks on an acid trip to the Boston Museum of Fine Arts with two of his friends.

A step outside reality might be the best way to come back down to earth…

Along the way, the three friends disco
Published February 24th 2015 by Limitless Publishing (first published February 18th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about A Trip Down Reality Lane, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Trip Down Reality Lane

Coco.V
Nov 24, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (11/24/2017)! 💝
Shelby Prothero
Feb 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ah another book from Ian Thomas Malone. The cover and title prove that we are joining the main character on a psychedelic adventure.
I, for one, have never taken any sort of drug, so I wasn’t sure what to expect when the book said we would be taking a trip down the rabbit hole. In my mind, I imagined the adventure would be like Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill’s high adventure from 21 Jump Street, but it wasn’t. It was calmer, with very philosophical outlooks on life and the things the characters en
Lo
Feb 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is truly a great, hilarious read. It ended on a seriously good note, and this book is full of meaningful life lessons.

FULL REVIEW - http://foxglovesandferns.blogspot.co....
Vanessa Kay
Feb 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Being a junior college student can be a bit daunting. Why? For this is the time where you’ve got to think about the future, about the career you’ll land into and a lot more about your life. I’ve shared the same sentiments before, though it was different, for I’ve got to feel that anxiety earlier, which was on my last year of High School. (yeah, that early eh)

And this book will make you realize a lot of things. Will provide awesome realization with a great addition of humor which makes this book
Monnie
Feb 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Right up front, I'll say thanks to the author Ian Thomas Malone for inviting me to take a day trip with him by way of a very enjoyable book - which he provided at no cost to me in exchange for a review. But first, a bit of explanation is in order here; coming of age in the late 1950s and early 1960s, I know from experience that sharing a joint wasn't all that unusual. And I admit - now that I'm pretty sure the statute of limitations has expired - that I did just that. Twice. The second time, tho ...more
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Mar 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I usually just randomly pick books to read and rarely read the synopsis first. With A Trip Down Reality Lane I did read the synopsis. After reading the synopsis I knew I had to read it. How can you resist reading a story about three friends tripping while visiting the Museum of Fine Art.

It's a great read. We follow three friends through their trippy day. They starts off with a visit to the Museum. I loved reading about their trip to Museum, there were some really funny parts. There is apart abo
Carissa Lynch
Aug 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
First of all, this book is hilarious. It's been a while since I read a book that made me literally laugh out loud. So, the whole story is about three guys on one really long, crazy acid trip. It brought back so many memories of being a crazy teenager, wild and free. Malone's writing style is impeccable. The story is well-crafted, perfectly paced, and clever. I could see this book as a blockbuster comedy film! Nice job, sir. I'm officially a fan.
Jancee Wright
Mar 11, 2015 rated it liked it
Actual Rating: 3.5/5

The Story: College can be hard. What's even harder is realizing that you have absolutely no plans for the future and no idea what you want to do with your life. One easy, short-term solution for this is to just ignore it for a couple of days, which is what our protagonist does. This is the story of a weekend spent taking drugs, going to the museum, and seeing a movie with friends, while trying not to get kicked out of said places.

The Opening Line: Misery. Pure misery. Mixed i
Stephanie Jane (Literary Flits)
Indie author Ian Thomas Malone befriended me on Goodreads and was kind enough to let me know of a limited time opportunity to download his book, A Trip Down Reality Lane, for free from Amazon (sorry, the promo has finished now). Its synopsis of a trio of college students visiting a major art museum whilst tripping on LSD struck me as potentially funny and certainly a lot lighter than much of my To Be Read list right now!

There is a lot of humour in A Trip Down Reality Lane, both intentionally wit
Rebecca Morales
Feb 16, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
I can't sugar coat it, this was a strange read.

I really liked the writing. I thought the book had a good flow. The narrator was an interesting character. We learned his physical description, his fears, and his drug of choice . . . yet somehow we never learned his name. I thought that was such a unique choice, it made me feel like the character was a lot more distant. I felt like I was an outsider looking in. It seems like such a minor detail but I felt like it took me out of the story.

Besides
Elisha Neubauer
Feb 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
For a junior in college, what lies ahead can be daunting. With no concrete plans for his rapidly approaching future, an English major embarks upon the trip of a lifetime – an acid trip through the Boston Museum of Fine Arts. Joined by two friends, he begins a journey through the different facets of reality, searching for answers to the questions that plague anyone who stands on the precipice of growing up.

Does the solution to his uncertain future lie within the walls of the museum?

A Trip Down R
Justine
Jun 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
If you have previously suffered from addiction, approach this book with caution, as you may find it triggering.

The book touched my heart as a college student confused about my own future. The worries of the narrator mirror my own, and probably those of many other college students.

The drug use adds an interesting twist to the idea of self-discovery. The change in perception the narrator experiences while under the influence adds an element of surprise to his experiences as he tries to address hi
Teresa Kander
Feb 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
While this book isn't really "in my wheelhouse," and never really grabbed me like a lot of books, I'm still going to give it four stars. It is very well written, and I'm sure there are a lot of readers out there who will enjoy it (perhaps those who are a bit younger than I am).

The three characters are all very well-defined, and the descriptions of their day full of adventures are great as well. I especially enjoyed their time at the museum, where they had several close calls that could have gott
Brigitte
Sep 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult, college, drugs, fiction
This is about three college students experimenting with hallucinogenic drugs before going on a day out.

Their visit at the museum was really interesting with some funny moments as was the 3D movie experience. They got themselves into some sticky situations but had "divine interventions" to keep them out of trouble. After these experiences, the narrator actually became more confident and positive about where he wanted to be in life.

Although this is not something that I would have picked without
Jessica Baumgartner
Apr 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book pulls you in right away, and has a pretty good overarching story. It's about a guy who's having trouble growing up. I imagine a lot of people will relate to him. I myself didn't get the joys of avoiding the magical transition into the "real world" it was always knocking me down. But that's how you know a story is good. It makes you examine your experiences and reach out to understand others'. If you've had a rough upbringing and struggled to pull yourself up, there's still something yo ...more
Priscilla Robinson
Mar 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
My full review can be found at http://priscillasbookshelf.weebly.com...

This was an interesting read. When I first started reading it I was concerned because of the premise of the story. This is a book about drugs and as a person who is not an advocate for them I wasn't sure how the story line would play out for me. I was surprised that I enjoyed the authors way of providing meaning to the story.
Jairam Mohan
Mar 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Although this book is quite competently written, it didn't work for me due to multiple reasons. One, the setting is a little too different from my own reality back here in India where there is not so much uncertainty when one is in college. And two, since I don't use recreational drugs at all, nor do I intend to, while I have a superficial understanding of what is happening, I probably don't quite appreciate the necessity of the same.
Leah
Jul 05, 2016 rated it liked it
The writing was good but I did not understand why the author choose this particular subject for a whole book. It confused me and it was too long. A few chapters maybe, it was painful to read most of the book.
Holly Storrow
Mar 01, 2015 rated it liked it
While A Trip Down Reality Lane wasn't my particular cup of tea, there are definitely qualities to the book that others might enjoy. Check out my full review here!
Jenn Adams
Apr 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this, would even likely reread in the future
Linda Banana
Kristy
Mar 28, 2015
Amanda
Feb 26, 2015
Ian Thomas Malone is an author, transgender activist, and yogi from Greenwich, CT. She is a graduate of Boston College, where she founded The Rock at Boston College. Ian has published thousands of articles on a variety of subjects. Her favorite things to share on social media are pictures of her golden retriever Georgie and her collection of stuffed animals.

Ian believes firmly that “there’s more t