Start by marking “Orphan's Blade (Chronicles of Ebonvale, #2)” as Want to Read:
Orphan's Blade (Chronicles of Ebonvale, #2)

Orphan's Blade

(Chronicles of Ebonvale #2)

In the battle for a kingdom, every alliance counts…

Princess Valoria only cares about her music and her destiny: to unite the Kingdom of Ebonvale with the House of Song and succeed where her father has failed. As if that weren’t challenge enough, she must contend with her marriage to a battle hungry brute of a prince… until she falls for his adopted brother, the orphaned
Published November 10th 2015 by Lyrical Press

To ask other readers questions about Orphan's Blade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Orphan's Blade

Start your review of Orphan's Blade (Chronicles of Ebonvale, #2)
Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
*****4 STARS*****

I really enjoyed reading Orphan's Blade. It's not just a regular historical romance. The story takes place in a magical world where minstrels have the power to manipulate people and creatures through music. There are also zombies!

If you're looking for romance, this might not satisfy your cravings. I myself usually prefer stories with lots of heat. Here, the kissing was extremely minimal, but the adventure really won me over.

description description description

description
WhiskeyintheJar/Kyraryker
****Full Review****

Valoria is the princess of the House of Song and is betrothed to Brax the prince of Ebonvale. These two factions have been mistrustful of each other for years but with the army of the undead growing and getting closer and closer under the command of a necromancer, the two houses need to band together to fight. When Valoria and Nathaniel,
cola_bear
Sep 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, fantasy-romance
*ARC given through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review*

This is actually 3.5 stars.

LIGHT SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!

The Good: I really enjoyed the characters in this book. Each had their own distinct voice, even the secondary characters (I just love Echo!). And that's important in a book with two POVs.

Valoria, a Princess from the House of Song, is a minstrel--her instrument is the harp. To unite her kingdom with the kingdom of Ebonvale, she must marry the Prince--whom she's never met. As a
Elysium
3,5 stars

This is the second book in a series but I haven’t read the first one and I thought it stands well as a stand alone.

I really liked the idea of minstrels who can take part on a battle with their harps. The music affects people and like a dream spells and stuff. I thought it was so cool.

I liked Valoria and she was a great heroine. She stood up to Brax, who is a battle hungry prince and only thinks about war, and cared for the common people. I liked Nathaniel and his relationship with
Megan
Sep 17, 2015 rated it liked it
*ARC given through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review*

I though I was going to love this one a lot more than I did. I think I could have liked it a lot more than I did if it hadn't ended so quickly. I felt like the story was just getting good and then all of a sudden Brax is saying "you're free" and then she's making out with Nathaniel on the ground. I was like um.. What the hell just happened?

Besides that I loved the story. I loved Valoria, She was a fantastic heroine. She knew how to
David Cooke
Jan 13, 2016
Jaime
Jul 14, 2018 rated it liked it
A fast (novella length) fun read with great world building and likable characters. I will be reading the next book in this series.
Sweetpea
Nicole Land
Aug 24, 2015
Kendra
Sep 30, 2015
Lynsey   (A Bookish Life)
Oct 05, 2015
S
May 27, 2018
Missy
Aug 27, 2018
Aubrie grew up watching the original Star Wars movies over and over again until she could recite and reenact every single scene in her backyard. She also loved The Goonies, Star Trek the Next Generation-favorite character was Data by far-, and Indiana Jones. But, her all time favorite movie was The Last Unicorn. She still wonders why the unicorn decided to change back to a unicorn in the end.

Chronicles of Ebonvale (2 books)
  • Minstrel's Serenade (Chronicles of Ebonvale, #1)