Jump to ratings and reviews

Midget Bones' Diary

The Year I Went From Shelter Oldie to my Forever Home.

My diary follows the trials and tribulations as I adjust to life outside the shelter that had been my home for many satisfying years. Being fostered and playing happy pet families was not something ‘The Bones’ had planned on. While you can indeed teach old dogs new tricks we don’t take kindly to change. If this fostering business was not difficult enough for an aged terrier, I was far from pleased when a large and unwanted kennel companion from the shelter was soon to join me at my new abode.

Life with my new humans was fraught with difficulties. Having been top dog at the shelter for many years, I was not accustomed to such close human interactions. It was going to be a year full of surprises and unexpected discoveries, for 'The Bones'.

158 pages, Paperback

First published November 8, 2014

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Robyn Osborne

8 books5 followers
Robyn Osborne is an award winning Australian author and teacher, with seven books trade published. Her most recent picture book is BRUNO, THE BOISTEROUS BLUE DOG FROM THE BUSH (2018). Bruno is a timeless Aussie tale celebrating the friendship between Bob the Bushie and his best buddy, Bruno the blue dog. The book uses extensive alliteration and is filled with the quintessential language of the Australian bush. Picture book MY DOG SOCKS is a 2018 CBCA Notable Book, was shortlisted in the Speech Pathology Book of the Year and is on the Premier's Reading Challenge for Qld, NSW and SA. MIDGET BONES' DIARY is the quirky memoir of her feisty terrier, Snowy. Having talented canines is not unusual for Robyn, as her other dog, Sox, co-authored DOG LOGIC: A POOCH'S GUIDE TO DOGS BEHAVING BADLY. Both books make ideal reading for anyone over 12 who is also dog obsessed. Picture books GOING FISHING & GOING CAMPING are all about the foibles of family life. The canine theme started back in 2005 with her first junior novel, aptly titled D.O.G. As Sox ‘The Philosophical Pooch’, Robyn also writes a regular column in the ‘Kids Club’ section of Dogs Life magazine. Not surprisingly, her two main interests are dogs and writing.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
1 star
Displaying 1 - 2 of 2 reviews
1 review
February 6, 2015
A very amusing book with some great quotable quotes from the feisty little heroine. My dog-loving teenagers enjoyed it as well and our house currently rings with Midget quotes. It also manages some pathos and is a great way to promote the 'adopt, don't shop' message with humour.
Profile Image for Jessica.
32 reviews1 follower
April 8, 2015
Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from Goodreads First Reads Program in exchange for an honest review.

This book is hilarious! There was never a time I stopped grinning from ear to ear while reading it. It was very entertaining and enjoyable. You would even love all the characters in the book. Seriously, this book helps you to destress. I loved it!
Displaying 1 - 2 of 2 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.