Start by marking “Angel of Darkness (Third Throne, #1)” as Want to Read:
Angel of Darkness (Third Throne, #1)

Read Book* *Different edition

Angel of Darkness

(The Third Throne #1)

What if loving someone brought you pure joy, but put you and the world in danger? Would you choose love and take the risk, or suffer to keep the world safe?

Michelle Black wishes for a normal life, but deep down she knows she is different. Plagued with nightmares of the Realms of Torture and the ability to see the sins of men, she finds herself in Hell, unable to escape.

L
Published February 14th 2015 by Tabitha Barret

To ask other readers questions about Angel of Darkness, please sign up.
Tabitha Barret The series is a Paranormal Romance that follows a strong female lead across the series. The RH aspect starts in book 3 since this is considered a slow…moreThe series is a Paranormal Romance that follows a strong female lead across the series. The RH aspect starts in book 3 since this is considered a slow burn where a new love interest is introduced in each book.(less)

Start your review of Angel of Darkness (Third Throne, #1)
Marguerite (M)
Rating : 4 stars

The story
For as long as she can remember, Michelle has been having nightmares of Hell for all her life. Every kind of torture it has to offer, she knows it all and she knows how it feels. And outside of her very vivid dreams, she doesn't belong.
Until a few weeks before graduation, when a voice compels her to kill herself and she wakes up in the Hell she's been dreaming of all her life, only to find it is very real. Lucifer wants her as his mistress and has been waiting a/>The
Dianne
Mar 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Get ready to see angels through an entirely new light! Discover an ancient promise made to the archangel Gabriel and how one teen’s mortal life ends as she begins to fulfill her destiny with the dark angels in Hell. Tabitha Barret’s The Third Throne: Angel of Darkness is a wicked journey through the levels of Hell as Lucifer meets his match in the seduction game in the arms of a young suicide victim destined to be his mate and so much more.

Michelle was a beautiful teen, her heart belonged to her best friend and conf
Runningrabbit
I'd make this novel a 3.5. This novel has great creativity and world building, and this new author certainly holds some good landmarks for increasing finesse in future works. This book includes sex, so would really be for a NA to mature audience.

The work is contemporary, and for the younger characters I would have liked the use of dialogue contractions, whereas with the traditional characters you expect a level of formality.

The main character, Michelle, is mostly likable. She has some annoying moments, but considering h
Jeanny
Apr 13, 2017 rated it did not like it
Trite DNF 70%
AZ Book Club
Mar 31, 2015 rated it liked it
The Third Throne: Angel of Darkness is a good example of the “New Adult” category. This is a sort of coming-of-age adventure tale aimed primarily at those from 16-20. There is some graphic sex which puts it beyond the classic “Young Adult” grouping.

The main character is a soon-to-be 18 year old high school girl who is aware that there is something different about her. In a fairly classic pattern, the outcast high-schooler wakes up to a world where there’s something unique and special
Samantha Britt
Aug 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Very good story. Interesting and entertaining take on Angels/Fallen Angels/etc. Michelle is a very likable character, love her inner strength despite all the hell (pun intended) she is forced to go through. Her story is definitely one I am glad to know.
To be honest, I would give the book a 4.5, only because there were times where the plot seemed to lull. It did always manage to pick back up, which made me glad that I did not move on from the book to pick up at a later date. If I was caught
Alex F
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Are you a fan of dark romance? If yes, this is the book for you. This world is fascinating, and Tabitha's imagination is top notch. I loved the relationship between Lucifer and Michelle, but the other characters intrigued me as well. I'm looking forward to reading more. This author is definitely going on my TBR list!!

Just a note - This isn't the kind of book you can read in one sitting, unless you read really fast. It's longer than the typical read, but there is so much going on in t
Sandra Wolfe
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great take on heaven and hell.

This is not my usual sort of RH I would go for but it had a really good storyline. I still feel bad for poor CJ I wish he got some kind of closure. Hopefully we will see him happy in latter books. I liked the take on Lucifer also but found him to be a little whinny at times. The apocalypse storyline is really great though and am interested to see where the angels she will collect will take the story.
Kristin Shambaugh
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A new world of angels

I love the different take on Lucifer and the apocalypse. I’m anxious to see how Lady Black’s relationship with all of her angels will unfold. The drama and mystery surrounding her past and future keep the book entertaining and her romance with Lucifer keeps you wanting to see more passion! I am disheartened by CJ not being around and hope that we’ll get to see him in the coming books.
Kelly
Jul 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Love this concept

This is probably my favorite story concept I have read in a long time. I was drawn in to the world and could not put the book down. I like the MC and am intrigued by the secondary characters. I took off a star bc I skimmed this book at times bc the explanations were long and at times boring. I will definitely continue this series.
Yvonne Graham
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow what a great story. Fell in love with this book now can't wait to read book two. Well written and easy to read. Different from any other paranormal story I have ever read. Keep up the good work Tabitha ❤📚 ...more
SJ
Sep 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reverse-harem

This book was recommended to me so I thought I would give it a try. The writing is excellent, the characters are great and the setting/theme also good. I started struggling a little midway through but not enough to give up.

I am glad I carried on as it really picked up and I now need to read book 2, I do recommend this story as it has captured me, I am hoping to be able to give the next book a 5 star rating, I would recommend perseverance if like me you struggle a little as it is wort
Lina  lu
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
perfect ...
E.A. DeBoest
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it! I couldn't put it down!
Is it wrong to be swooning and excited by the devil? I don't care! Lucifer is dark and sexy, hot and powerful, and another book boyfriend for me!
The mystery as to who Michelle Black is great! I enjoyed finding out her real identity and her connection to Lucifer.
This book is intriguing, engaging, hot, passionate and fierce!
This book starts the series and I can't wait to read the rest!
A new favorite author of mine!
Must read!
❤︎ Princess
Spoilers Ahead. Spoilers Ahead. Spoilers Ahead.

Once upon a time there was a girl who could see people's sins and Hell's realms and its tortures.

Michelle is in love with her best friend CJ. He's goodlooking, he's been there for her and he's goodlooking. Her mom's like, Michelle he's too goodlooking for you, forget about it. (What a nice mom! This is where I thought she must be adopted (she's not btw))

But then we get CJ's pov and we find out Michelle is like an ice-cold beauty. The
Steph
Aug 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Angel of Darkness is the first book in the Third Throne series, a set of books that go beyond the traditional ideas about Heaven and Hell and present us with a totally new side of them. The heroine of this book is Michelle Black, a “normal teen” that harbors some feelings for her best friend even when she hasn’t realize it yet. Every night she is haunted by these horrible nightmares that take place in Hell but the truth is that those dreams are nothing but a tiny bit of what is yet to come. Intr
Ann Ellis
Mar 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"The Third Throne: Angel of Darkness"
by Tabitha Barrett
5 Fangs

I am an independent reviewer for 'Paranormal Romance and Authors That Rock'. I received this book from the author and from 'Paranormal Romance and Authors That Rock'. This is my honest review.

The is a first book that Tabitha Barrett has published and she has plans to make it a series. This supernatural/fantasy novel that grabs the reader at the very beginning. It is very intense and be mindful
Star
May 06, 2015 added it
ANGEL OF DARKNESS is the first book in a new series, called The Third Throne. Michelle Black has lived with dreams of those suffering in Hell for years and can only confide in her best friend, CJ, about her dreams. When the voices become overwhelming, Michelle takes drastic action and ends up in Hell. The Angel of Darkness impresses upon Michelle she is his new servant, but things seem suspicious to Michelle and she starts to figure out she is more than just Lucifer’s servant. THE THIRD THRONE: ...more
Scarlett Rue
I really wanted to like this book, and I really tried to push past the hang-ups I faced pretty much after the first few pages.

I cant' get into what it was because I don't want to poison anyone else from trying this book. what bothered me might not bother others. However I didn't like the fact that it felt like a teenager wrote this book. It was written very childishly. Yes, that is how I felt. I didn't understand some of the phrasings that came out of supposedly adult and sophisticat
M.B. Coit
Jul 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very good read.... it totally shines a new light on how one thinks of angels and life in Hell. The author has great skills on world building, you could actually picture Hell quite vividly in your mind. I loved the characters and their personalities, especially Lucifer. It actually made me smile when he gets angry with someone like his servants and instantly wants to kill them.... I know that sounds kinda weird but you have to read it to understand what I mean. The relationship between Michelle ...more
Erin Riley
Jun 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A spellbinding read!
I don’t typically read a lot of paranormal romance, but this book’s amazing cover and intriguing blurb convinced me to dive in. And I’m so glad I did! This book had me hooked from the first chapter, and kept me reading well into the night.
The author did an excellent job with world building, including a fascinating variation on hell, Lucifer, and the rest of the angels. I enjoyed the depth of character development, and how the layers are revealed bit by bit until the re
Alicia Huxtable
May 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So not what I expected

I opened this book expecting another Lucifer is bad, God is holy, Archangels control all sort of thing. But the way Tabitha wrote this book, I saw a whole other side of things........and I LOVED it!! Tabitha really wrote an amazingly addictive first book to this series
IndieImprint
Mar 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a very good book with incredibly detailed characters. The premise starts out fairly simple, then quickly evolves in a bit of an unexpected way.

The setting is super creative, and the theme is definitely young adult. Looking forward to her next work!
Anna
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nephilim-angels
Man, I hate to say this, but I'm glad it's over.
The story started out great. I liked the mystery behind Michelle's nightmares and her relationship with CJ. Everything was new and shiny and I was exited to read the book. But it all started to go downhill the moment Michelle "died".
First of all, was it just me, or was anyone else annoyed by how indifferent Michelle was to the matter of her own death? She woke up in a fucking HELL, realized that she somehow died and was like "oh, well. What can you do
Victoria
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: meh
We meet Michelle Black, a seemingly normal girl with boring parents, a doting uncle and a best friend that she has a crush on. Oh oh oh... and she can feel the sins people have committed and dreams of all the torture Hell has to offer on a nightly basis. Lately she's been hearing a voice whispering to her... Yeah... not so normal.
Lucifer, ruler of Hell wants the woman that he has been promised by Gabriel so so long ago. He feels the darkness taking over and he needs Michelle now!
Wren
Jun 09, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

Amazon / Goodreads

Michelle Black lives an average life as she looks to her future beyond high school, but she is not an average girl. Plagued by nightmares of Hell and the unusual ability to see the sins of men, she stands apart from those around her. Deceived by a voice controlling her mind, she finds herself trapped in the place of her nightmares, Hell.

The ruler of Hell, the Angel of Darkness, tells her that she must now serve him, and she is forced
Niki Livingston
Aug 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a tough one to rate, because I really loved how well the author gripped my attention from the beginning. However, it fell flat in several spots throughout the book and I had to skim through a lot of the conversations out of boredom.

My ratings:
5 stars for plot, storyline, and character development
3-1/2 stars for dialogue

There was too many long and drawn out conversations, and the characters repeated themselves over and over again. As well, they would t
Toma
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, demons
I struggled with this book. The dialogues were too long and there was too much information that distracted from the plot and the relationship building. Though there was very little relationship building as such...

I gave 2 stars only because I actually finished it. I kept expecting something more but it fell flat. Not planning to read the next one in the series.
Tresa
Jan 17, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was an odd one! I sort of liked it but then I kinda didn't. Michelle is basically forced to kill herself because Lucifer keeps tormenting her in her mind and once she is in Hell, he basically forces himself on her to perform oral sex...I don't know, it just wasn't my type of book and it was very hard to finish.
Stacia
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
The third throne was great. It sucked me in from the beginning and then took a turn I wasn’t expecting! It was really interesting to see the story told from Michelle/Anjali’s perspective from Hell and a major roller coaster! I’m dying to see what happens next! I can’t imagine what Lady Dark will have to do to find her 10 fallen Angels! Totally worth the read!

• Pack Ebon Red (The Seven Mates of Zara Wolf, #1)
  • Harem of Fangs (Stairway to Harem, #1)
  • A Demon's Blade (The Desdemona Chronicles, #1)
  • Runes of Black Magic (A Demon's Fall, #3)
  • A Girl Named Blue: The Adventure Begins (The Adventures of Blue Faust, #1)
  • Gypsy Truths (All The Pretty Monsters #6)
  • Runes of Mortality (A Demon's Fall #2)
  • Heir (The Royal Trials, #3)
  • The Tiger’s Ambush (Kit Davenport, #3)
  • Pack Violet Shadow (The Seven Mates of Zara Wolf, #2)
  • The Dragon's Wing (Kit Davenport, #2)
  • Black Spells and Twisted Souls (Grey Witch #1)
  • Pack Obsidian Gold (The Seven Mates of Zara Wolf #3)
  • Dark Glitter (The Wild Hunt Motorcycle Club #1)
  • Her Mates (Wolf Trials, #1)
  • The Crow’s Murder (Kit Davenport, #5)
  • The Viper's Nest (Kit Davenport, #4)
  • Eight Souls (The Caelum Academy Trilogy #2)
Tabitha Barret is an award winning paranormal romance writer from New Jersey. She graduated from Rutgers University, where she met her husband. She lives with her husband and two children. She is currently working on her "Third Throne" series.

Stay up to date on the progress of the series by checking out the following sites:

Website: http://www.thethirdthrone.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/thethirdthrone
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/tabithabarret
Blog: http://www.thethirdthrone.com/the-thr...

The Third Throne (5 books)
  • Angel of Death (The Third Throne, #2)
  • Angel of Vengeance (The Third Throne, #3)
  • Angel of Fear (The Third Throne, #4)
  • Angel of Distrust (The Third Throne #5)
“It's true; most souls come here in whatever clothing they died in, truly unfortunate for the people who died naked. Of course, it's really worse for us than them. Most people don't look good without their clothes,...” 1 likes