Start by marking “Secret” as Want to Read:
Secret

Secret

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  2,998 Ratings  ·  485 Reviews
Tristan Wilder, self-made millionaire and devastatingly handsome CEO of Wilder-Nation is on the verge of a very lucrative buyout. With tough negotiations ahead, he's armed with his acquisition pitch, ready to launch the deal of a lifetime. There’s just one glitch. The last thing he expects is to fall for the hot business owner he's trying to sway.

Dylan Reeves, computer sci
Published June 9th 2015 by Kindle Alexander LLC (first published June 6th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Secret, please sign up.

Kindle Alexander What? I can't answer that!!! But, if you've ever read us before, I think you know the answer. Shh... It's a Secret. (I love saying that) Thank you for…moreWhat? I can't answer that!!! But, if you've ever read us before, I think you know the answer. Shh... It's a Secret. (I love saying that) Thank you for the question! (less)
Kindle Alexander Thank you for the love! We have a March 17 release for a short story in an Anthology were the proceeds will be donated to charity. After that, we'll…moreThank you for the love! We have a March 17 release for a short story in an Anthology were the proceeds will be donated to charity. After that, we'll know more about Secret's release. I can keep you posted??

Thank you for the question! (less)

J *deep in the heart of Texas*
Re-Read:

Sometimes I find I just need some Kindle Alexander in my life. Her books are simply guilty pleasure reads for me. I just eat them up.

Enjoyed it almost as much the second time around!

First read:

4.5 Stars!

Oh man, I think this might be my favorite Kindle Alexander yet!!!!

That blurb, no lie….

….had me shaking in my boots. It screamed angst and drama. Which I HATE! I mean one of the MCs…married. This cannot end well.

Reading those first few chapters…..I was sucked right in. And damn if this
Bo
Jun 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Full Disclosure: I Owe Part of My Heart to Kindle Alexander

My use of the title of one of Kindle Alexander's best books (well, they are all "best books" in MY book) to lead off my headline of this review is done for two reasons: 1) It's the theme of the book, and 2) it's personal.

Let's get the personal out of the way. I have corresponded with Ms. Alexander for a couple of years because I just love what she does with men who have some serious issues about loving other men. A lot of authors do this
☆ Todd
Jun 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mine

Wow, color me impressed. I'm really glad that I overcame my initial misgivings while reading the book's blurb and took my friend Toni's review at face value.

(Or in this case, by the blurb sounding like there's cheating...)

I'd feared that with the wife and three kids, this book might contain cheating, a hard limit for me, but I'm pleased to report that the book contains zero adultery, is low drama and completely free of 'fuckery', as my gal pal Dani would probably say. ;- )

How? Well, Dylan may
Gigi
I hate when this happens and thankfully it doesn't happen often. This book is going on my Everyone Like it But Me shelf. I went back to read some reviews after I finished the book and the positive response for this book from my GoodRead friends is overwhelming. I'm glad for that, especially since I'm such a big fan of Kindle Alexander's books and have given all of them 4 and/or 5 stars. But this one did not work for me.

First off, since the blurb indicated that one of the main characters was marr
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Minority opinion: poorly edited, wordy, boring, too much business talk, nonsensical plot, cookie-cutter characters.

Dylan's "I must sacrifice for my children even though they're nearly grown and my pseudo-wife has been fucking around for years" shtick got old fast.

Tristan was too pushy and predatory.

One extra star for the sex scenes, which admittedly were hot. I do love me a butt-sex virgin.

I said it before, but this time I mean it: Kindle Alexander and I are through.

Mirjana ***Let's Sound It Out - - - Mary-On-A***

***4.25 Stars***

This one surprised me...in a good way! Based on the blurb, I thought there was going to be a hell of a lot more angst than I got....which was not much at all.

I've seen mixed reviews among my friends when it came to this book, so I was a little apprehensive when I jumped in, but overall I really ended up enjoying it....a lot.

Yes, there were some things that had me scratching my head (suggested threesome with a gay virgin?) and sure the ending was a little too easy and nicely wra
julio
Jan 19, 2016 marked it as no
...yeah, no.
DW
Jul 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My first Kindle Alexander read and I LOVED it.

Honestly, I was not sure how I would feel about Dylan being married with kids and being a closeted gay. No worries though, it worked perfectly.

Dylan's wife is super supportive through it all. She just wants Dylan to finally be happy. Dylan and his wife decided years ago that they would remain married until the kids graduated and went to college. She is ready to move on but stays because they had a deal and she worries that Dylan will never find som
~Mindy Lynn~
Kindle Alexander did it again!

photo boo_zps249c9b3c.gif

Two hot guys with some hot sexy times.

photo o_zps5fa57547.gif

I couldn't wait for this book to come out and I wasn't disappointed. I loved the relationship between Teri and Dylan. I loved the love they had for their children and the sacrifices they made for them. And what great kids they were! I was so relieved how they took their parents secret.

Tristan and Dylan were sweet together when Dylan would finally lay his walls down to rest and just be in the moment with Tristan. He frustrate
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★ 3 Stars ★★★

This was a sweet story about a man who sacrificed his life for his kids and was struggling to come to terms with the fact that he had to move on or spend his life alone. Dylan is married with three kids but his marriage is an unconventional one, his wife is his best friend and have decided to stay together until their children have all left for college.

Tristan is a self made millionaire who is openly gay and has always had casual flings and one night stands. Never in a million yea
Eva
Read with friends Monday 15 June here

Total coverlust

Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
4.5 Stars- Another Solid Kindle Alexander Read!

I like to change up the genres I read and every now and then will read a M/M book. Kindle is one of my favorite go-to M/M authors.

Ok so now for the story...
You have Dylan Reeves, founder of Secret

and Tristan Wilder, owner of Wilder Nation

Two guys who are coming together (<--haha you see what I did there)

on the sale of the social media site, Secret, to Tristan's company, Wilder Nation.

Tristan is a young pretty rich boy. Dylan is a family man. Two
Barbara
Apr 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lovely-romance, m-m, br, hot
Natasha is a Book Junkie
“Love’s hard to find, and when you do, you don’t throw it away.”

Ever since I finished this book, I haven’t stopped smiling. Smiling because stories like these fill me with an indescribable sense of hope and positivity. Smiling because some stories are just so wonderful in every single way—inspiring, brave, honest, relevant—that they fill my heart to bursting. Smiling because some love stories touch us so deeply that we never want them to end. And this is a book I wanted to grow old reading.

Elsbeth

BR, June 9th with Julie and Momo.

The blurb had me freaked out.. Wife, kids!!! Aaaagh..

Thankfully the Secret contained many issues and the “secret” wasn’t kept from his wife, Teri.

This is a sweet story about a man who sacrificed his life for his kids and in doing so he undermines who he really is and the life he really wants to live.

When he travels to California to meet with the Wilder-Nation to get his social media site, Secret sold, he meets Tristan Wilder.

Tristan

Tristan is openly gay and has
Beth
May 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 High Tech Stars

Hard Drives. Mega Bites. User Interface. Download. So many techie terms that I could use to describe Secrets.

Dylan has a wonderful life. A lovely wife who is his best friend. Great kids. Nice house in an upscale area of Dallas. A company that supports their lifestyle and is about to make him really rich. Only problem is the very large walk in closet he has been hiding in his entire life. Deep closet space here.

Tristan is a completely out businessman who has made a lot of money
Andrea Smith
Jun 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
********** FIVE MILLION STARS!! ***********

Okay, this was my first Kindle Alexander book, but dude? IT WILL NOT BE MY LAST!

From the first page, I was invested because I had no idea what to expect, and I'm not gonna lie, around 11% - it totally took me by surprise! I was so struck by Dylan's integrity and self-sacrifice. When he finally showed some vulnerability and introspection, I was jumping up and down, and screaming, "YES!! Go for it, dude!"

Now let's talk about Tristan--OMG!! I am Team Tr
Denise - Shh Mom's Reading ™

Ms. Alexander has masterfully crafted a story about adults; adults who are honest with each other, adults who are honest while pursuing something unconventional.

Secret tells the story of Tristan Wilder, self-made millionaire, a tech genius who owns Wilder-Nation and Dylan Reeves, computer science engineer and founder of the very successful social media site, Secret (oh just wait! the book name means so much more than just that.)

The opening of this book may have you unsure o
aksana  -  4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42 -
4.5 Stars
Alvin

This is my 3rd Kindle Alexander book that I've read. Like the first two, the book sucked me in and I haven't been able to put it down. I also loved how the issues were resolved and how the story ended.

But I felt that some of the writing were a little cliche. I felt something was off a little and I had a harder time to suspend belief. I just couldn't believe a love affair may come out from a business merger.

Nevertheless, I enjoyed it and I bet you'll too. ;)

3.5 STARS.

Isabel
Apr 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
I can't wait for this BR/Abs :D

Debra
Apr 23, 2015 rated it liked it

A sweet, sexy and surprisingly low drama coming out story. From the blurb I was expecting it to be rife with angst and tension, and admit to being a bit disappointed in that vein.

Tech entrepreneur Dylan and his lawyer wife Teri are expecting to send the last of their three kids off to college shortly and then move on with their lives in a BIG way. They two have an agreement as to exactly what they will do and Teri is moving forward while Dylan is still struggling with a promise he made
¸. • * ° *❧Gwendolyn❧•°**★❧ •°**★
4 Romancing Stars!

Dylan gets Romancing Sweetly, by Tristen!

I love this romancing in between these pages. It's a rare find. And I loved every bit of Tristen woo'ing Dylan.

Dylan, was simply supper sweet, and a whole lot of innocent. I loved that.

There. was one ridiculously wonderful MC ---> Tristan.

I loved that both ,MC's were wonderfully name which is a big plus. Their names were simple, normal and easy on the mind.

My favorite side character was Dylan's son. His voice flowed off the pag
Alona
Jun 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.
Well, I can honestly say I was surprised at how much I enjoyed and liked this book and the characters!
Not because I don't like Kindle Alexander's books and writing, I actually loved all the books of hers that I read, but it was quite a while ago, and I thought I sort of 'drifted' from "this kind" of contemporary romance!
Sooo...
For me, she did it again!
Rebecca
Apr 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Secrets - that word has both positive and negative connotations, depending on the situation and the reasons behind the concealment. But regardless of the motives behind the hidden information, when the truth comes out, which life shows that it usually does, the repercussions could go either way - bringing everyone close or tearing them apart.

For eighteen years, Dylan Reeves has been living a lie, keeping his true self and his needs a secret from those closest to him, specifically his children. H
Janett The Pleasure of Reading Today
We all have secrets. Some secrets protect us from danger or shame, some secrets protect the ones we love. In Dylan's case is the latter.
A successful computer science engineer and creator of a groundbreaking social media site, Dylan has a family he loves with all his being, who he's been protecting at all costs for years. It is because of the love he has for them that he has denied himself to be who he really is, to accept who he was meant to be. But in just a moment, the walls Dylan so carefully
Lelyana

Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Jun 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Secret by Kindle Alexander
4 stars!!

“…he was a gay man buried so deep in the closet he questioned if he would ever find his way out.”

As usual with Kindle Alexander she has delivered another sweet M/M story but not without a little angst. I couldn’t put this book down and from the first till last page I was swept away with Dylan’s story.

Dylan has to be the most selfless man I have ever read about. Having met his wife at college and obviously making the most of the college experience they soon
AliciaJ
3.5 stars really. I had a hard time liking Dylan, and not just because he's so far in the closet you'd need one of those tractor things to excavate him out of it. But because he's pretty much a bit of an asshole, and I didn't buy his sudden split second of insight into his "assholeishness" (is that a word?) near the end of the book. It was too little too late. But Tristan, yeah. *He* was awesome. And I want that dude's house man. That sounds gorgeous!

The rest of the family...eh, they were alrig
Eli Easton
Jun 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-lendable
I enjoy romances with family drama and this one is fun. I loved Dylan's family. There's definitely plenty of hot scenes in this for those who like it spicy. Recommended!
BR with friends Monday 15 June 68 46 Jun 17, 2015 06:49AM
  • Defined By Deceit
  • The Making of Matt (Souls of the Knight, #3)
  • A Restored Man (The Men of Halfway House, #3)
  • Finley (Sunset Cove, #1)
  • Kage (Kage Trilogy, #1)
  • Sidelined (Southern Scrimmage #2)
  • Professional Distance (Thorne and Dash #1)
  • Delivered Fast (Portland Heat, #3)
  • Imperfect Harmony
  • Perfect Imperfections
  • Starfish and Coffee
  • With or Without Him
  • Knight of Ocean Avenue (Love in Laguna, #1)
  • Chance of the Heart (Chance of the Heart  #1)
  • Crossroads (Crossroads, #1)
  • Mask (West End #2)
  • Beneath the Stain
  • Plan B
Best Selling and award winning Author Kindle Alexander is an innovative writer who writes classic fantasy, romance, suspense, and erotica in the gay fiction genre. It’s always a surprise to see what’s coming next!

Website: www.kindlealexander.com
Email: kindle@kindlealexander.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Author...

More about Kindle Alexander...

“Funny. What I’ll remember about that moment is that I was so turned on by you I lost sight of everything just to touch you.” 2 likes
“I’ll wait for you, however long it takes. I don’t care. I’ll wait. I’m in love with you,” 2 likes