Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read.
Start by marking “バガボンド: 原作吉川英治「宮本武蔵」より 1” as Want to Read:
バガボンド: 原作吉川英治「宮本武蔵」より 1
Enlarge cover
Rate this book
Clear rating
Open Preview

バガボンド: 原作吉川英治「宮本武蔵」より 1 (Vagabond #1)

4.3  ·  Rating details ·  4,436 Ratings  ·  149 Reviews
Shinmen Takezo is destined to become the legendary sword-saint, Miyamoto Musashi- perhaps the most renowned samurai of all time. For now, Takezo is cold-hearted killer, who will take anyone in mortal combat to make name for himself. This is the journey of a wild young brute who strives to reach enlightenment by way of the sword-fighting on the edge of the death.

This beauti
...more
246 pages
Published March 23rd 1999 by 講談社
More Details... edit details

Friend Reviews

To see what your friends thought of this book, please sign up.

Reader Q&A

Be the first to ask a question about バガボンド: 原作吉川英治「宮本武蔵」より 1

This book is not yet featured on Listopia. Add this book to your favorite list »

Community Reviews

(showing 1-30)
Rating details
Sort: Default
|
Filter
Pequete
Se não fossem as minhas miúdas, para quem comprei este livro, provavelmente nunca lhe teria pegado. Ao contrário delas, nunca gostei particularmente de manga. Mas como não tive tempo, na livraria, de ver o livro com atenção, acabei por o ler em modo-controlo-parental retardado, que isto com japoneses nunca se sabe... (antes deste, peguei num outro que tinha uns bonecos muito fofinhos na capa, mas quando o comecei a folhear, até fiquei verde...)

Depois de um período inicial a habituar-me a ler um
...more
Sam Quixote
Jan 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Vagabond” is Takehiko Inoue’s graphic novel adaptation of the 1930s historical novel “Musashi” by Eiji Yoshikawa, about a real life historical figure from 17th century Japan, Shinmen Takezo, who would go on to become the legendary sword saint Miyamoto Musashi. We meet Takezo awakening from unconsciousness after the Battle of Sekigahara, somehow still alive with his best friend Matahachi: they are both 17 years old. They set off on the path homewards but encounter enemy soldiers, scavengers and ...more
Nicolo Yu
Sep 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
I still remember the stories of the last few months that eventually led me here to Takehiko Inoue's Vagabond. It all started with the graphic novel adaptation of Miyamoto Musashi's The Book of Five Rings which brought into my awareness, the sword saint. Then I read the first three volumes of Stan Sakai's Usagi Yojimbo, a long time favorite. Along the way, I had a late night viewing of Tom Cruises's The Last Samurai on HBO. Recently. I've embarked on a reread of the 31-volume Slam Dunk (another I ...more
معتز
Nov 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-comics
في البداية دعني أقول ..اممم ..بالاحري..أصرخ عاااااااااه ..لماذا يجب أن أكتب هذا الريفيو مجددًا! إجابة سهلة لأنني لم أحفظ الريفيو XD
،
تنهيدة.
،،
اممم .. لنحاول الكتابة من جديد.
ندخل بالتعبيرات الأول المكررة

يا للهول " ثلاث مرات تتكرر" o.O
..
ينبغي أن أقول في البداية منذ عامين وهذه المانغا على قائمة الانتظار بفضل ترشيح أحد الأصدقاء ولكن ما كان يجعلني أتردد في متابعتها هو عدم انتظام صدور الشابترز لها في السنتين الماضيتين.
لكن أتعلم!
لقد آن الوقت لأخذ المخاطرة، ومن يعلم ماذا يمكن أن يحدث لاحقًا!
..
إن كنت من
...more
Samantha Tolleson
Oct 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Manga fans, Anime fans, Samurai fans
Recommended to Samantha by: anime-planet.com
Holy hell that was just gruesome...
 photo kids-show-lazytown-xmas_zps2730dc03.gif
Surprising in fact, I just wasn't expecting this level of violence when I read.
محمد سعيد
عاوز تقرا مانجا
تعالى ابدأ من هنا
رسم روعه
كلام قليل
قصه مشوقه(ممكن الفوليوم ده التشويق فيه قليل)بعد كده أظن اعلى
شكرا صديقى معتز للترشيح
فهد الفهد
Apr 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-manga
Vagabond

كنت أتجول قبل أيام قليلة في كنكونيا دبي، مثقل بالكتب التي أنتقيها بشغف، قبل أن أعيد بعضها للرفوف وأنا أتخيل كيف ستجعل كل تلك العناوين المثيرة محفظتي فارغة وحقيبتي ثقيلة، ثلاثة أيام متوالية أزور فيها المكتبة متوحداً، أقضي ساعات لا أشعر بمرورها، غارقاً وسط خيارات كثيرة وقرارات مرعبة.

في اليوم الثالث مررت وسط عالم الكوميكس والمانجا في كنكونيا، معارفي في هذا الشأن ضحلة، صحيح أني قرأت كتاب الأستاذ طارق الخواجي قبل سنوات حول المانجا والانمي كمقدمة جيدة، كما شاهدت بعض أشهر أفلام الانمي، ولكن ل
...more
Rachel
Oct 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Only the strongest survive in this award-winning manga about samurai in the Sengoku era. Shinmen Takezou is one such man. His descent into beasthood, and eventual redemption through the efforts of the monk Takeun and love-interest Otsuu captivates, setting the way for his rise to invincibility and undying legend.

Vagabond is the typical action-type story, where the primary character strives for ever greatest strength, fighting increasingly difficult opponents, with ever more unique fighting moves
...more
Tomás
Aug 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Una obra maestra, a nivel dibujo (no puede dibujar tan bien Inoue...es increíble) y también a nivel guión. Ya me veo leyendo tomo tras tomo con mucho entusiasmo.
Anirudh
Sep 13, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The plot is interesting but the narration is difficult to follow.
William Schram
Apr 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
With brilliant artwork and a masterful story, we get something that is truly special. This is the beginning of the story of Miyamoto Musashi, based off of the epic novel Musashi, which I have also read. Unfortunately, I don't know if Vagabond is completed or not. I don't think it is since it doesn't have his duel with Sasaki Kojiro yet, so here I sit waiting. Oh well. Maybe the artist died or something. Who really knows?
Милен Димитров
Interesting story and great art. I will definitely read the other volumes.
Tony
Apr 09, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book. Loved the story and drawings.

But. Typically too stretched. The story started so well, but then it leaves you hanging in so many areas. I will not be reading any more of these.
Sara
**EDIT: Read volume 2 before you decided whether or not this series is worth your time. Major changes occur and I believe you'll read further if, like me, you weren't really impressed with this volume.**

2.5 (Somewhere between being meh about it and liking it.)

Perhaps it's because I went in with high expectations, but...

I expected more.

As of this volume, the art is really nice. Detailed and fully flushed-out. That's more than I can say about many manga. However.... I generally want either the c
...more
Yvensong
I was looking for some Samurai Manga, and this one came up. I'm so glad I checked this out!

This graphic novel/manga is an adaptation of the historical novel Musashi by Yoshikawa, a historical novelization of the life of the great swordsman, Musashi.

The artwork is exquisite! Beautiful detailing and shadowing shows facial expressions and gives the reader a sense of being there with the characters. It's easy to sense the poor conditions that some of the villagers lived in and the brutality of the
...more
Ashley
Jan 08, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I picked this up because it was always staring at me in the library. Also I think goodreads recommended it to me? So the stars aligned. This is probably the most exquisitely drawn manga I've ever read and it brings a whole new perspective on the big eyes.

I was drawn into the story at first but it's hard to relate to Takezo's reasons for violence. At first it was self-defense but then it just seemed like he was really enjoying himself. It will be hard for me to relate to him and support him if t
...more
M. Ashraf
Jan 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vagabond
This looks good; I heard good things about the series before, but the fact it is from the same author as Slam Dunk made me a little hesitant. I like Slam Dunk anime but as a fun comedy genre not like this, but again with the new year and after I caught up with Bleach last year I decided to give it a go...
And it looks very good, till now... the artwork is great and unlike Bleach it is real!!! no shingami no paranormal activity just a man... and it is +18 :p with lots of blood...
A good start to th
...more
Derek
W0w! The artwork in this volume is absolutely amazing. The story too, is well-crafted. it's fast-paced and edgy and reads like a charm. There's not a lot of depth to the characters, but what would you expect of a couple of swordsmen searching for enlightenment through bloodletting? Not much, right? Which is cool. it's entertaining and it helps fill the time. Looking forward to the subsequent volumes. Love to see where the love interests and subsequent sub-plots lead us.
Feather Mista
Mar 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Todo el mundo.
Recommended to Feather by: Mi novia de entonces.
Obra maestra, poesía dibujada, cátedra de historia, hay mil formas de llamar a este comic y todas quedan cortas. Excelente comienzo para uno de los mangas más logrados de la historia. Culpable absoluto de que yo me volviera incondicional de Inoue. Lo debo haber leído más de cuatro veces, pero cuando lo pueda leer una quinta, seguro se gane una reseña mucho más elaborada que esta simple enumeración de virtudes.
Patrick Artazu
Nov 07, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A more sedate "Naruto" or "Dragon Ball Z" based on real historical factoids, wherein main character and genius swordsman Miyamoto Musashi defeats progressively more invincible enemies on his way to the top. Meanwhile, his best friend and fellow traveler on the warrior's path survives via cowardly deception, theft, and dunderheaded good fortune and is maybe the more interesting and relatable story. The art is lovingly detailed.
Joy
Sep 21, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The story is an adaptation of Musashi; the art is very strong. But I'm not feeling inspired to read more; the thought of plodding many more volumes of it makes me feel vaguely weary. In contrast, when I read Blade of the Immortal, the thought of reading many more volumes of it made me go, "Eeee!" Filing this one under "Not My Thing."
Concertina
Comencé a leer el manga sin saber que no había sido terminado y eso me causó mucha indignación. Terminen sus cosas nipones flojos.
A esta altura no creo continuarlo porque qué flojera estar esperando por otro tomo. Muchas gracias por participar.
Dhei
Sep 03, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
well, personally i dont like the drawing style. no ikemen lol. the cover looked nice and tricked me.
the story is pretty slow. cant blame. eiji (the original novel) was writing in too details so far as i read his other book. so i am not surprised this one is also slow.
Almu
May 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-estrellas, manga, seinen
¡Devorado!
Harry Roberts
Feb 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finally started this series. Currently own the first 3 vizbig editions and completely loving the story and even more so, the art style!
Ranim Al shakifi
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vagabond
the character looks similar to Hanamishi [ SLAM DUNK ] and i like it
great work
Heaven Yassine
Aug 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mangas
Une narration envoûtante et des dessins somptueux. Du très grand art!
Carol Mola
Jun 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, mangas, favorites
Esto mola y mucho.
KNIGHT
Jan 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
اعتقد أن هذه المانجا ستكون تجربة موفقة
:))
Soraia
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Não consigo acreditar que o autor de Vagabond é o mesmo de Slam Dunk! Não que um seja melhor que o outro, mas o que impressiona é que são duas obras completamente diferentes, não só no enredo como no traço.

Vagabond é sobre um menino de 17 anos, o Shinmen Takezo (que mais tarde viria a ser conhecido como Miyamoto Musashi), que junto com o seu amigo resolve participar da Batalha de Sekigahara. O mangá se inicia com ele caído após a batalha constatando que haviam perdido. Daí para frente a gente va
...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 next »
topics  posts  views  last activity   
Bibliophiles of L...: July - Vagabond, Volume 1 3 2 Jul 30, 2015 09:59AM  
Goodreads Librari...: Vagabond Vizbig editions 4 29 Jun 09, 2014 01:49AM  
Josei and Seinen ...: Vagabond Discussion 1 5 Mar 02, 2014 01:12PM  
  • Blade of the Immortal, Volume 1: Blood of a Thousand
  • Samurai Executioner, Vol. 1: When the Demon Knife Weeps
  • Vinland Saga, Tome 1
  • Naoki Urasawa's Monster, Volume 1: Herr Dr. Tenma (Naoki Urasawa's Monster, #1)
  • Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad, Volume 1 (Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad, #1)
  • Ōoku: The Inner Chambers, Vol. 1 (Ōoku: The Inner Chambers / 大奥, #1)
  • Berserk, Vol. 1 (Berserk, #1)
  • Eden: It's an Endless World, Volume 1 (Eden: It's an Endless World, #1)
  • Blame!, Vol. 1
  • Black Jack, Vol. 1
147221
Takehiko Inoue (井上雄彦) is a Japanese manga artist, best known for the basketball manga Slam Dunk, which has become a success both in Japan and overseas. Many of his works are about basketball, Inoue himself being a huge fan of the sport, and many Japanese children started to play basketball because they read the manga. This in turn helped make basketball popular in Japan and across East Asia.

Inoue
...more
More about Takehiko Inoue...

Other Books in the Series

Vagabond (1 - 10 of 37 books)
  • Vagabond, Volume 2
  • Vagabond, Volume 3 (Vagabond, #3)
  • Vagabond, Volume 4
  • Vagabond, Volume 5
  • Vagabond, Volume 6
  • Vagabond, Volume 7
  • Vagabond, Volume 8
  • Vagabond, Volume 9
  • Vagabond, Volume 10
  • Vagabond, Volume 11