Start by marking “Black Number Four” as Want to Read:
Black Number Four

Black Number Four

Known as one of the youngest and most ambitious poker players in the country, Skyler Thorne has a reputation to uphold in Vegas this year. Her sole focus for spring semester is to perfect her game and get tournament ready – and have some fun with her sorority sisters, of course. Meeting a care-free pledge with incredible arms adds a whole new element of fun to her semester ...more
Published April 4th 2015 by Kandi Steiner (first published March 6th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Black Number Four, please sign up.
Kandi Steiner Hi Book Junkie! Yes, this is a 1st person POV told from both Skyler's and Kip's POV. It switches back and forth each chapter. :)…moreHi Book Junkie! Yes, this is a 1st person POV told from both Skyler's and Kip's POV. It switches back and forth each chapter. :)(less)

Start your review of Black Number Four
Christy
Sep 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-audios
4 stars!

photo 4C6999F4-59E9-4538-8396-FCEC80086974_zpszlupld1p.png

Black Number Four is a NA/sports romance. If you consider poker a sport, that is. I say, if it’s on ESPN we can call it sports romance ;) Either way, I really enjoyed this story.

Skyler Thorne is a sorority girl who is also a professional poker player. She loves her sisters, has a fun time at school, and kicks ass at the poker tables. Her ultimate goal is to win the huge Vegas tournament at the end of the year, finish paying for college with the winnings and set her parents up. She h
Sabrina
Dec 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
NOW LIVE
Amazon US * Amazon UK

3.5 Stars

In the poker world, Skyler is famous for being one of the youngest players to have a great poker skill and also for being a player that can shield her emotions and has no tell. But in college she's just another sorority girl trying to fit in the best she can. Enter Kip, a new transfer to her school and Skyler's new conquest. But things get complicated between them when an ex of Kip's gets involved, the poker world starts to take over, and when both thei
Patrycja
Feb 14, 2015 added it
Shelves: 2015, on-hold
I am putting it on hold at 20%, as I am not quite in the mood for it. It's quite enjoyable read but I just seem to distracted with other things =) ...more
Michele
Mar 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
OMG I absolutely LOVED this book! This book has got to be one of my favorites of the year, and will be one I read over and over again! I love how Kandi uses porker as the main reference for the story, I mean, isn’t love kind of like a game poker?

Skyler and Kip have an amazing chemistry between them. It’s hard to deny it’s there when they are around each other; however they have many obstacles they have to try to get around if they’re ever going to be able to make it work.

Both have a game they a
Southern Belle Book Blog
Mar 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Excuse me for a second, while my racing heart slows and my tummy stops fluttering. Black Number Four is the epitome of a new adult novel. It’s got it all, plus some. While many focus on only the angst or shock factor in the new adult genre, Steiner has written a well-rounded novel that will cover all of the emotions, from heartbreak to frustration, romance to humor, and a whole lot of excitement.

Skyler and Kip couldn’t have been more perfect for each other. They’re both so witty, so sarcastic, a
Na
Jul 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Loved reading this beautiful story! I want more of Skyler and Kip! Gosh, those two are gorgeous!
Kelley Nance
Mar 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky to win a copy of Black Number Four before its release and it's EASILY a favorite of mine for 2015! It's a fabulous combination of smart, sexy and sassy but gives you all the feels that a romance should. Kandi gets you in the game with Skyler and Kip-their romance was a definite rollercoaster ride but most of all, I felt that their relationship was relatable. Throw them into the world of poker and you just have to go "all in" with this story! Kandi does an excellent job of weaving the ...more
Lala BooksandLala
Mar 18, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
DNF at 37%. I just can't. I tried, I really did. Maybe I'll come back to it some day, but the dialogue just feels so contrived. ...more
HANNAH (Books, Films, and Tea)
*warning, this is kind of a rant review
Black Number Four by Kandi Steiner is about Skylar and Kip, two characters from the Palm South University series, and follows the same timeline as Legacy, book 4 in the series. This can be read as a standalone, or you can read it with Legacy. I read it with Legacy (there're notes in Legacy on which chapters of BNF to read before each episode). This was possibly the most annoying and unrealistic college romance I have ever read. I love Skylar, however, and f
Cassie Graham
Feb 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love Kandi and everything she writes. The woman can do NO wrong. I know as soon as I sit down to read her books, I won't be disappointed. And Black Number Four was no exception.

I have been waiting for this book for a very long time. And let me tell you, I was insanely impatient. But, Kandi Steiner did not disappoint. Not only was she able to twine a story about poker (which, I'll be honest, I'm not a huge fan of) and love, and it was unforgettable. I adored Kip and Skylar's story.
* A review copy was provided by the author for the Blog Tour *

~ 4 Poker Face Stars ~

Black Number Four was an interesting story in the New Adult Genre. In some aspects it was very similar to other books out there, but Kandi was able to put a spin on the storyline which made it a story all of it's own.

This is the third book I have read by Kandi and I have to say that I truly enjoy each and every one of her books. I have enjoyed watching her writing improve with each book she writes. She has a g
Anna
Apr 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, goodies
Skyler is a young hot up and coming professional poker player. She is also a regular college student trying to decide on a major and actively participate in her sorority. She meets Kip Jackson, a sexy transfer student during pledge week and their attraction to one another is quick. Unfortunately, both have secrets and both have people in their lives who are complicating any chance of them having a normal relationship.

This book was a pleasant surprise for me. Once I started reading this, I becam
Coco.V
Apr 04, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (4/4/2020)! 🎁
gretareadsromance
Jun 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-read, 2020-audio
Black Number Four was a fun read about a group of college kids in Florida. Skyler and Kip, while holding huge secrets from each other, find themselves pulled together. This book finds these two college juniors reaching out to find themselves and what they really want to do with life and each other. I look forward to more from this crew!
Amie Morgado- We Stole Your Book Boyfriend
From the mouth of my 9 year old , a little joke she heard -
How do you wake up Lady Gaga ??
Poker Face...get it poke-her-face , IDK thought it went with the book !!

Ok so my hubby just got some candy skull designed cards tattooed on his hand , no lie , so obviously poker is a household thing for my family and I loved reading about it in a book. Reading as much as I do it is nice to have a different kind of SPORT/HOBBY !!

You had me with the cover
I was intrigued by the synop ( which explains a lot
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Nov 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
*** 4 Cranky Stars ***

I am not a big fan of college romance stories, but I actually enjoyed this one! I found it an unique read and a great step outside of a traditional female lead. Skyler is a female poker player and although I love poker, don't be fooled by the synopsis. This story is not centered around poker.

Skyler and Kip play games with one another from the very beginning and I loved it. They have such hot chemistry throughout the entire story.

Some of my favorite aspects of this book was
Tantalizing
Mar 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Can someone explain to me why it took me so long to read this book, or any book by Kandi Steiner?

Anyone?

Okay, that means I am just an idiot.

This book, these characters are fantastically amazing with a dash of HOT!

Kip... words fail me when it comes to Kip. He's smart, sexy (he knows it too, but it's not the stuck up sexy), funny... did I say hot? No, I didn't well he's BEYOND hot! Definitely on a list of my top book boyfriends.

Skyler, she's feisty, sassy and so oblivious to the fact that she's a
Amy Malek Concepcion
3.5 Stars

I am a big fan of Kandi Steiner’s and I love Poker so of course I had to give this a listen. It was cute. Skylar is a young poker pro and Kip is the transfer student with a hidden agenda. When they first meet at a Frat party there is an instant spark. But then things get complicated- on both ends since they both have secrets. (view spoiler)
Andrea Britton
Apr 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ahhh! This book is my favorite of all of Kandi' s books. These characters are written so well that you would swear you are in the book with them. The H and h are two people who you can relate too and you fall in love with them. This read has so many emotions in it. At one point I could of thrown my Kindle but in the end my heart is very Happy. Great characters, great flow! I would highly recommend this book for any fiction reader. ...more
Venus Windmiller
Mar 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Kandi Steiner, you are amazing! I loved this book so much. The chemistry between Kip and Skyler was more electrifying than John and Olivia...lol. Seriously though, if you are looking for a book that you will not want to put down then go ahead and grab it. :-)
Jamie
Apr 20, 2015 is currently reading it
loved it!!

I loved, loved, loved this book!! Starting out, I had not read the synopsis, so I had no clue as to what it was even about but I had heard that it was a great read and i Sam so glad that I took a chance and read it! I absolutely loved it!
Amanda Stewart lawrence
Apr 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Katie
Mar 31, 2015 rated it liked it
Kelly (Simply Kelina) C.
“But sometimes our scars are the most beautiful storytellers.”

I am a huge fan of the Palm South series, so when I heard that this follows Skyler and the other characters I knew I needed it! I will not say I was disappointed, but I did not like it as much as the Palm South Series.

This was a little too slow for me. I normally can finish books in a few days, but I found that this one took me a few months. I just had a hard time picking it up. I think this was due to loving the other series so much,
Becky Rendon
Jul 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Black Number Four has me singing...

"I'm so (caught up)
Got me feeling it (caught up)
I don't know what it is
But it seems she's got me twisted..."

Caught Up by Usher popped into my head as I finished Black Number Four. I am all twisted, turned, and rollercoastered. I did what I call the "Director's Cut" version of this book, I went with Kandi Steiner's suggestion and it was epic.

It all started with my desire to read her Palm South University series which is actually written after Black Number Four
Angela's Book Addiction
Black Number Four by Kandi Steiner is a contemporary, new adult romance told in first person, dual POV.

When college junior and poker star, Skyler Thorne, meets transfer student, Kip Jackson, at a rush party they instantly hit it off. They have a class together and Sky is looking forward to spending more time with him. But that's all before she finds out about Kip's past with Erin, her sorority Big Sister. Erin wants him back and has a scheme that involves Skyler playing a vital role and she'd do
Anne OK
Aug 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads
I think I'm reverting back to my college days -- otherwise surely I would not have one-clicked this little dilly. I love a good poker game and the blurb reeled me into sitting in on this round. And it didn't hurt any that there's a gorgeous blue-eyed blond male who wears black-rimmed glasses -- Oh yeah, I'm a goner.

Cute storyline and, of course, as you would imagine plenty of college drama with that extra layer of angst that only the Greek system can throw into the mix. By the way, I loved the
Monique
Mar 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I read this book pre-published as one of Kandi's Beta Readers. This is the second book I have had the ultimate privilege of being a beta for, but the third book for this author that I have been a crazy fan of!

To say I am a fan of romance novels would be an understatement. I believe being able to capture a raw feeling between two people and suck your readers in so deeply that they feel like it is now their own relationship is not an easy feat... well for most... but for Kandi its like a second n
Lisa
Jul 28, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020-books-read
Black Number Four by Kandi Steiner is a stand alone to be read concurrently with the Palm South University series book four, Legacy. I found this to be very distracting.

Black Number Four focuses on Skylar, a poker playing college student. Skylar is trying to support herself and her family. I've read the Palm South series and I don't fully understand why she feels this responsibility.

Kip is the transfer student. He and Skylar are immediately attracted to each other. They have no idea how entangl
Chloe (Always Booked)
I read this book concurrently with Legacy (PSU #4) and I liked seeing the deeper dive into Skyler and Kip's relationship but I think this book is better read alone. It's good, but hearing the storyline twice got redundant and made this story feel more ho-hum than special. ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• One Hot Italian Summer
  • The Romantic Pact (Kings of Football, #2)
  • Through the Lens
  • The Relationship Pact
  • The Setup
  • The One That Got Away
  • The Revenge Pact (Kings of Football, #1)
  • I Promise You
  • Unforgettable (Cloverleigh Farms, #5)
  • One Little Dare: a fake marriage romance
  • Not My Romeo (The Game Changers, #1)
  • Drive Me Wild (Bellamy Creek, #1)
  • The Strike Out
  • Six Nights in Paradise
  • Playing with Fire
  • What's Left of Me
  • A Bridge Between Us
Kandi Steiner is a bestselling author and whiskey connoisseur living in Tampa, FL. Best known for writing “emotional rollercoaster” stories, she loves bringing flawed characters to life and writing about real, raw romance — in all its forms. No two Kandi Steiner books are the same, and if you’re a lover of angsty, emotional, and inspirational reads, she’s your gal.

An alumna of the University of Ce