Start by marking “Love from Paris (Love Detective, #2)” as Want to Read:
Love from Paris (Love Detective, #2)

Love from Paris

(Love Detective #2)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  965 Ratings  ·  115 Reviews
Ruby, the Love Detective, goes to Paris! The second book in the series that started with THE LOVE DETECTIVE, this is a hugely fun, satisfying and gripping novel about love and secrets in the ultimate city of romance . . .
Published July 30th 2015 by Hodder Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Love from Paris, please sign up.
Alexandra I LOVE Paris and have spent a lot of time there. When I was researching my latest book, Love From Paris, I rented a small apartment and spent my days…moreI LOVE Paris and have spent a lot of time there. When I was researching my latest book, Love From Paris, I rented a small apartment and spent my days getting lost in the maze of streets, breathing in the atmosphere and trying to walk in the footsteps of my main characters, Ruby and Emmanuelle. Paris is just so romantic and there are so many famous sights to see, but I focused on the smaller moments you experience, the undiscovered parts of Paris, the unique discoveries.
(less)

Alexandra
Sep 24, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Well, it's a little difficult to review a novel that you actually wrote, but I will say that this is the book that I am most proudest. The story is set in Paris and whereas half the novel is written in the modern day, the other half is set in Paris before the outbreak of the Second World War. I did a lot of research on this time period and travelled to Paris several times where I rented an apartment and soaked up the city and its secrets. I wanted to really experience this City of Love so that I ...more
Oct 31, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: october-2017
SRB: Prošlo je dugo od moje poslednje recenzije. Prošlo je još duže od kada sam pisala rent, ali spremite s, jer što bi rekli stihovi BTS-a " I'm so firin' firin' " da napišem ovaj. Ako vma se dopala ova knjiga, molim vas da ne čitate jer vam se moje mišljenje neće dopasti. Kupila sam ovu knjigu kada mi je bilo jako teško i htela sam nešto što će mi odmoriti mozak a kako je bila jako jeftina nisam se mnogo premišljala, plus sinopsis je delovao dobro. Prvo sam mislila da će biti OK ali kako je kn ...more
.phoebe.
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
She has done it again.
Esra
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-a-copy
Nasıl güzeldi, nasıl beğendim anlatamam!!
Masal gibi... 💟H & Manu💟
Hele de sonu!!
Ivy
May 04, 2015 marked it as to-read
Shelves: need-to-read
OH MY GOD.

I AM SO EXCITED TO READ THIS.

I LOVED THE LOVE DETECTIVE.

WELL, I LOVE EVERYTHING ALEXANDRA POTTER WRITES. SO REALLY, I JUST KNOW THAT I AM GOING TO LIKE THIS BOOK AS WELL.

ALSO, LOOK AT THAT GORGEOUS COVER. :O

Jelena
Dec 05, 2017 rated it did not like it
Mislila sam da ce ovo biti plitko ali zabavno citanje. Da odmorim mozak. Ali iako sam spustila standarde bilo je ipak previse plitko...
Bilo je kao kad devojka ceka princa na belom konju a onda se zadovolji njegovim konjusarem.....
Just sayin'....
roll eyes
Thebooktrail
There’s nothing quite like a Potter around Paris!
Visit the locations here: a href="http://www.thebooktrail.com/book-trai... Paris booktrail

Ah Paris the city of love. A locked apartment where time has stood still and a bunch of letter unopened – well where else could they be part from the city of love?

Old Paris

Old Paris comes alive. Harriet, Ruby’s friend works for a major auction house and it’s her job to try and trace this lady’s ancestors and find out who the apartment and estate now belong to
Lejla
May 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2016
Sta reci o ovoj knjizi? Izazvala je toliko emocija kod mene. Ljubavna prica izmedju Emanuele i Henrija je prosto carobna. Obozavam knjige sa ljubavnim pricama iz proslosti pa me je tako i ova osvojila. Predivna prica o dvoje ljudi koje je rat i drustvo razdvojilo. Ono sto me je nerviralo u ovoj knjizi i zbog cega sam se premisljala kako da je ocjenim jeste Ruby. Ona je lik koji ima mnogo zajednickih stvari sa mnom i mnoga njena razmisljanja su i moja ali neki njeni postupci su me tako izludeli d ...more
Liliflaj
Mar 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vulkan
Lep nastavak i zavrsetak ljubavne price o Dzeku i Rubi, a tu je i jos jedna predivna, bezvremena ljubavna prica od pre sedamdeset godina izmedju Henrija i Emanueele.
Isabell
MEIN LESEERLEBNIS

Nachdem ich vom 1. Teil vollkommen überrascht und begeistert war, hatte ich große Lust, weiter über die Protagonistin Ruby Miller zu lesen. Jedoch schraubte ich schon vor Beginn meine Erwartungen herunter, da ich den 1. Teil auf Englisch gelesen hatte, diesen nun auf Deutsch. Und da deutsche Übersetzungen gerade bei Liebesgeschichten ja leider sehr leicht und gerne mal schnell ins Kitschige, Befremdliche abdriften, war mir schon vorher etwas bange.

Leider trafen dann auch tatsäch
Marija *Don't Even Try To Save Me Tonight*
My poor heart cannot survive this....
Milena
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
Ništa posebno. Raniji romani Aleksandre Poter su mi se mnogo više dopali.
The Writing Reader
Mar 21, 2016 rated it did not like it
My Rating: 1.5 stars (out of 5)

I had five minutes to pick out a book in a Dutch airport after leaving Paris. I needed something for my seven hour flight home, and my hands regrettably grabbed Love From Paris.

DNF at 48%.

First of all, the cover of this book looks like Lily Pulitzer had a mid-life crisis and decided to write literature. Unfortunately, the contents of this book reflect the cover.

You know what really sucks? Reading a book that stereotypes Parisian culture right after leaving Paris. W
Kat
Jun 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Silly me didn’t realize that this wasn’t a stand alone as I first thought, but the second book in a series! But this really wasn’t too bad, because everything important was explained again or was completely new. I also bought this booc without nowing what it is about. I just read the title and looked at the cover and I knew I needed it and I didn’t regret it. This is my first of Alexandra Potter’s books but I loved it and I want to read all the others.
To be honest, I liked everything about this
Nadia
Sep 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2015
This is the second Alexandra Potter book I've read & continues Ruby (& Jack's) story. Loved, loved, loved it! Again found Ruby to be such a great lead character. I really like it when I can relate to the main character, which is the case with Ruby - I also read the last few sentences of every book before starting. ;) I've been to Paris once before & can't wait to go again so that I can relive this wonderful book in the city of love & lights!
Bookevin
Oct 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Captures the beauty of Paris and its splendour.

Full review: https://bookevin.wordpress.com/2015/1...

An Alexandra Potter book is definitely a highlight of my year and an absolute treat to feed my hopelessly romantic soul. I read quite a number of them and I keep discovering how much of an amazing writer she is and how her stories are magical and wonderful.
HÜLYA
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yazarı ilk defa okuyorum. Paris'in büyülü atmosferinde geçen güzel bir romantik komedi.
FinneyJune
Oct 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
great novel again! I'm so lovin it. & of course I love all Alexandra Potter's novels! Yayyy
A.M.
Nov 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Plot : 4 stars
Characters : 4,75 stars
Writing : 4 stars
Plot twist : 3 stars
Ending : 5 stars
Everything : 4 stars

I did enjoy this second book in a Love Detective series a lot but I can't give it 5 stars like I did with the first book.I enjoyed the first book more but I will say that I like the story behind this second book a lot more.I feel like if I read this book during summer I'd give it maybe 5 stars but for now it's going to be 4 stars.Somehow I had trouble connecting with the characters,I did
Alexandra Nunney
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I didn't realise this was a sequel until about halfway through when I searched it on Goodreads and I didn't at any point feel like there was information I was missing out on that was important to the story so this can certainly be fully enjoyed without having read the prequel.
This was a charming story without some of the annoying aspects of other books of this genre and really brought back many happy memories of my visits to Paris. The descriptive writing was excellent and really brought the l
Beth
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love Alexandra Potter’s books, and Love From Paris did not disappoint! Ruby Miller was an awesome character, and it’s so fun that she takes her dog Heathcliffe along with her on this adventure to Paris.
The story starts with Ruby wanting an escape from a bitter disappointment, but quickly turns into a mystery involving an abandoned apartment, a bundle of love letters, and a case for the Love Detective herself! Alexandra Potters’ description of that apartment in Paris was so real I felt like I
Plum-crazy
Apr 29, 2018 added it
Shelves: given-up-on
To be fair I've been pretty much off chick-lit of late but have always enjoyed Alexandra Potter in the past. I was bit dubious throughout the first chapter, it just seemed to be trying too hard to be funny - & failing IMHO- & Ruby was just so damned annoying. The Love List finished me off, albeit temporarily. I put it down for a couple of hours & re-started it but found myself skimming so much of it I thought what is the point...

Packed in at page 36, end of chapter 3.
Jo
Mar 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
My first book by this author. It idls the second in a series but I hadn't read the first but it still worked well as a stand alone novel. It started put as your standard chick lit fare but soon the background love story emerges and the book takes on a more serious and heartfelt theme. Really enjoyed this book and I will be reading more by this author.
CinderellasTraumwelt
Jul 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Inhalt vom Klappentext:

Gerade noch im siebten Himmel schwebend fällt die Schriftstellerin Ruby Miller aus allen Wolken, als ihr Freund Jack sie völlig überraschend am Londoner Flughafen sitzen lässt. Doch statt Trübsal zu blasen, trocknet Ruby ihre Tränen und besteigt den erstbesten Zug Richtung Paris. Schließlich wusste schon Audrey Hepburn, dass die Metropole an der Seine immer eine gute Idee ist. Rubys Plan: eine alte Freundin besuchen, allen Herzschmerz vergessen und dem Thema Romantik völli
Karen Whittard
Sep 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A MUST READ
Once in a while in the middle of an ordinary day love gives you a fairytale. I feel honoured to have read this book. It is truly a special rare find of a book. I absolutely love romantic stories that are different from the rest, ones that speak softly to your heart and make you cry from beautiful happiness, ones that show you that true loves does exist if we only look hard enough. I believe this is one of those stories. A must read for every body out there who believes in fairy tales
Zammy2708
Nov 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Partly I liked it, partly it was too predictable.
Bookread2day
Oct 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Alexandra Potter excellent author

I thoroughly enjoyed reading every page. Alexandra Potter has the ability to write a touching love story. What I found is that the story so funny in places throughout this witty eternally romantic novel. The funny parts just seem to flow. Alexandra Potter doesn’t have to work hard to make Ruby her character funny it seems a gift that comes to Alexandra naturally to make her readers laugh.

Falling in love is a scary business. Ruby fell in love with Jack even thou
Andrea Kecskésová
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Alexandra Potter at her best!
Love from Paris is definitely Alexandra Potters best novel yet. The protagonist, Ruby Miller may be well-known for readers who have read The love detective. She is funny, smart and actually in love with Jack, the american man she has met in India.
At the beginning of the story I have laughed so hard so many times, because I have found myself in Rubys character and as the story continues in Paris, I felt quite curious about the mystery she wants to solve. I enjoyed the
Hannah T
Nov 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Love from Paris is the book I’ve been looking forward to read ever since it was announced to be published. I was so excited when I know the adventure of Ruby Miller will continue. Just like The Love Detective, this book is also amazing. Paris have always been one of the places I want to visit and this book make me fall in love with Paris even more.

Thoughts on the book, it’s just amazing and I really enjoy reading it. I wish it never end. The love story of Emmanuelle and Henry touch my heart.

On
Kimberley
Sep 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The perfect ending to a fantastic story. Hats off to Alexandra Potter! I smiled, cried, laughed and loved every part of this book. Having visited Paris myself this summer I could envision myself as Ruby wandering the streets of Paris and crossing the love lock bridges. Another fantastic read from Potter! Highly recommended for anyone who loves a good romantic story with some hilarity along the way.
  • The Saffron Trail
  • Amelia Grey's Fireside Dream
  • A Night in With Audrey Hepburn (Libby Lomax, #1)
  • Just Haven't Met You Yet
  • The (Im)Perfect Girlfriend (Sarah Sargeant, #2)
  • The Chocolate Lovers' Wedding
  • Christmas on Primrose Hill
  • The Perfect Retreat
  • The Parisian Christmas Bake Off
  • It Happened in Venice
  • What a Girl Wants (A Girl, #2)
  • The Flower Arrangement
  • A Week in Paris
  • 30 First Dates
  • The Dandelion Years
  • Crucible of Secrets (Alexander Seaton, #3)
  • The Great Silence 1918-1920: Living in the Shadow of the Great War
  • Undeniably Yours  (Lucy Valentine, #5)
Alexandra Potter is the best-selling author of ELEVEN novels that can be described as romantic comedies with a magical twist. Born in England, she has lived in London, Sydney, Australia and New York and LA, and can currently be found clocking up too many air miles travelling the globe researching ideas for her new book...
instagram: alexpotterbooks

Love Detective (2 books)
  • The Love Detective (Love Detective, #1)
“I always thought falling in love was hard, but now I realize that was the easy bit. It’s staying in love that‘s the hard part.” 2 likes
“Is that how you’re supposed to find your soulmate and fall in love these days? By flirting in 140 character tweets and stalking each other’s social media pages?” 0 likes