Start by marking “Red” as Want to Read:

Red

Emmy Sumner is sure she's met her match in William Scott, graduate doctor, when their paths cross during Edinburgh's Hogmanay celebrations. So much so that, when she returns to Australia and William returns to England, she trusts his promise that they'll be together again.

Contact is precious, and is kept up with the help of technology interspersed with the tradition of
Paperback, First, 345 pages
Published March 18th 2015 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Red, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Red

Start your review of Red
Yonaily
Oct 14, 2015 marked it as to-read
The cover reminds me of Ed Sheeran. Good, very good.
Jena
Feb 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love a good chick-lit book as much as anyone, but I was a bit worried about this one as it was not published through traditional means. Yet I was willing to trust the word-of-mouth that brought the book to my attention and I was not disappointed.

The dialogue and characters grabbed me from the start and I found myself racing to finish the book in just two days time. These characters felt real and alive. Yes there was the occasional grammar gaff, but they were so few and far between that I could
Jenine
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as a good reads giveaway & it arrived wrapped in brown paper & string with some book cards inside & was signed by Belinda. A thoroughly enjoyable read. I raced through it & couldn't wait to get back to it when I had to put it down. The characters are pretty believable even though their reunion seems a little too good to be true. Their banter is fun & easy. For Antipodeans who have lived & worked in the UK & traveled to Europe on weekends the plot ...more
Julie Dollery
Feb 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It's not often a character stays with me and outlives the book he inhabits, but Red has done so. A thoroughly entertaining debut novel. I look forward to the next.
Kathy Palmer
Apr 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
You had me at the first page, the first paragraph.

My father was a creative writer, and he always reminded me that when a reader opens a book, there is a contract struck between writer and reader. The writer promises a plot worth reading, believable characters and a story that takes you in, caresses your soul and takes you to another world. The reader promises to trust the writer and allows the writer leeway to show their wares, their world, their characters. The contract I entered into with Red
Jess
Mar 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
A lovely heartwarming read. At it's core it is a story about love at first site but I can guarantee that it is not as cheesy as it sounds. I love the relationship that the two main characters have and all the little jokes and banter that they have together because it made the flow of story seem very natural. That antagonist though, I wish that nobody was actually like her in real life but alas I know that those kinds of people do exist.

The one part that irked me was when Emmy went into a total
Cheryl
Feb 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
When it comes to books, I struggle to complete them if I can't picture what is going on within the first chapter. I get bored with it and put it away to come back to another day. I am also not normally into chick-lit or romance novels but I will always give them a go.

I picked up Red from my table and sat down with my drink, ready to get into it. I was drawn in so quickly, that my drink sat untouched for the first 26 chapters before I was interrupted and brought back to reality.

I found myself
Lou LaJeunesse
May 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
by Belinda Missen

I received a copy of this novel in exchange for an honest review.
This is a romance story filled with emotions. It finds love, loses it and finds it again. It has a load of twists. Each time you feel you know where it is going something else pops up. The story deals with many different aspets of life.
William aka Red and Emily aka Oz meet over a weekend in Scotland. It appears too be a meeting of soulmates. Place a return for Emily and add a couple of years.
The characters are
Allison Drury
Apr 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book and would have read it through in one sitting if I didn't have work the next day. (Poor excuse, I know).
Red was a very captivating character and I loved the banter. The pace was great and I just wanted to keep reading to see what happened next. A lovely easy to read, entertaining way to spend my evenings.
I only marked down a star because Emmy so readily believing a clearly vindictive cow didn't quite ring true to how I saw her character and I felt she would have
Liselott

I received this book in exchange of an honest review

'Red' has got a bit of everything you need if you looking for something uplifting and light.
If you ever have experienced love at first sight you will probably recognise yourself with all that it involves. If you haven't yet, there is still time. You can find all the symptoms in this great read; passion, jealousy, irrational behaviour and out of the blue crazy decisions and lots of laughter.
I highly recommend it to anyone that enjoys romance/
Dennis
Jan 30, 2016 added it
A couple of weeks ago I received this book through a giveaway, I had kinda been slacking this year with my new years resolution of reading new books and receiving this book was a nice way of kick starting that resolution again. It was a nice book to read, it was quite captivating and even though I am male I could emphasize with the female main character. The only downside was that the book had a predictable ending, still it was a very enjoyable read.
Ally
Jul 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love this book, I'm absolutely in love with Emmy and Red, I just want to be their best friend! It's wonderfully written and the dialogue is perfect, Missen has given them their own unique voice so I always knew who was talking. I'm actually in love with this book, I've been recommending it to all my friends.
Lowri Williams
Dec 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Belinda is an outstanding writer with real talent, so many books these days are written poorly but this book is written to a very high standard. She writes in a brilliant way that would allow anyone to be able to read Red with ease. Having read this I am now starting Say Yes by Belinda Missen which I am excited to read! Five star author and looking forward to any future books!
Anica
Feb 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
I loved it. Red is a charming character that has me hooked. Can't wait for the sequel Belinda :)
Helen Hammond
Apr 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It seriously was the best book I've read in a very very long time the only reason I didn't stay up all night to finish it was because I didn't want it to be over .highly recommend this amazing book.p
Jo Vraca
Aug 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Belinda's writing is easy and effortless. She tells a lovely story that is fun to read!
Kat
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Caution!

Before you start reading this book, you must be warned. Whatever you do, never drink while reading it. If you must drink, set the book down first! Before I reached to 50% mark, I had covered my phone three times before I learned my lesson.

Also, do not read at night if there are others sleeping in your house. I woke the SO up several times bursting into laughter. While I had a great time reading this, the same cannot be said for a very annoyed them.
Bookmaester
Jan 05, 2018 rated it did not like it
The usual run-of-the-mill cookie-cutter plot.
Devi Nair
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ebooks, romance
Check out the complete Review at Views She Writes - WordPress Reviews

A love story with a twist so different, it will take some time to wrap the concept around the head. The characters Emmy and William meet during a vacation where Emmy had gone to Edinburgh. It was love at first sight for them and they promised to keep in touch over the years till they unite again. However, very soon the contact reduces to none and the relationship becomes a thing of the past. Then Emmy gets a chance to go back
Nadine
Feb 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Red and Oz are my favourite characters of 2015. I would actually go as far as saying they are up there amongst some of my favourite literary characters of all time.

Australian author Belinda Missen has delivered a debut novel unlike any romance I've read in some time. The dialogue between leads Red and Oz is sassy, witty and spot on. Gone is the cliched "will they, won't they" tension, instead you will find a natural progression between two people who find each other again in a world full of
Nikki Linderholm
May 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dust-collectors
Red is one of those books where I had order a second copy. One to cherish forever and one to read over and over again until the cover falls off.

It's everything a modern romance should be. It's smart, it's riotously funny, it threatens to break your heart... It's just pitch perfect.

The dialogue is exquisite. I know who is speaking without being told because they all have their own unique voice. And I'm in love with Emmy and Red. I want to hang out with them, be their friend, hear the way they
Kat Cadman
May 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! It was hard to put the book down (and i have a 7 year old and 1 year old twins!), i just wanted to keep on reading it. I was that into it, i almost forgot to pick my son up from school!!! I enjoyed this book more than 50 shades. I can't wait for more books to come. Get yourself a copy and read it!
Ashlie Wilson
Jun 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am not much of a reader when it comes to books. As a matter of fact, I hate reading. This book is amazing. The character development and emotional development was something to be excited about. Once I started reading I couldn't put it down. I finished it within a 24hr period.
Jenny W
May 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great read. Couldn't put it down until I found out what happened to Red and Oz! Do yourself a favour....
Anni Barkla
Dec 21, 2015
Dee
Apr 15, 2015
Advanced Copies f...: Seeking Review Contemp Romance 7 32 Mar 25, 2015 03:21PM
Goodreads Librari...: Does Amazon automatically populate? 4 22 Mar 19, 2015 01:47AM
Goodreads Librari...: I'd like to claim a book please 4 22 Feb 14, 2015 04:29AM

• Rewrite the Stars
  • The Italian
  • Chicago Cooks: 25 Years of Chicago Culinary History and Great Recipes from Les Dames d'Escoffier
  • Heart2Heart: A Charity Anthology, Volume 3
  • The Lemon Cookbook
  • My Sister's Boyfriend
  • Like Water Catching Fire
  • Scarification (Irons and Works #6)
  • Reaper's Revenge (Death's Journal Book 1)
  • I Do (Not)
  • His Biggest Secret (Portville Omegaverse, #1)
  • The Wonderlick Twins: School is in Session (The Wonderlick Chronicles Book 1)
  • Bread Machine Cookbook: Easy and Delicious Bread Machine Recipes for No-Fuss Baking at Home
  • BREAD MACHINE COOKBOOK: 120 Most Delicious Bread Machine Recipes (bread, bread bible, bread makers, breakfast, bread machine cookbook, bread baking, bread making, healthy, healthy recipes)
  • Only For You (Only For You, #1)
  • Our Secret Wedding (Sky High Scaffolders, #1)
  • Infamous (Famous, #2)
  • The Mysterious and Amazing Blue Billings (Black and Blue #1)
Author and sometimes foodie, Belinda is a ridiculous romantic who met her husband after being set up by a friend two states away.

Residing in country Victoria, surrounded by books, cat-fur, and half-eaten cake, Belinda divides her days between writing rom-coms, baking, and indulging her love of comic books.