Start by marking “Sins of a Duke (Scandalous House of Calydon, #3)” as Want to Read:
Sins of a Duke (Scandalous House of Calydon, #3)

Sins of a Duke

(Scandalous House of Calydon #3)

All of the young ladies whispered about the Duke of Mondvale in hushed tones, their eyes following his tall, dark figure with barely disguised lust. For the newly-ostracized Lady Constance Thornton, he is magnetic and altogether desirable. Irresistibly so. Since her reputation is already ruined in London society, why shouldn't she be impudent and dance with the scandalous “Lord of Sin ...more
Published March 13th 2015 by Entangled Publishing, LLC (first published March 10th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Sins of a Duke, please sign up.
Stacy Reid It is not an erotic romance. It is an angsty historical read...but there is a detailed sex scene and a couple other encounters that may be blush…moreIt is not an erotic romance. It is an angsty historical read...but there is a detailed sex scene and a couple other encounters that may be blush worthy :) (less)

Pearl Angeli
Mar 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
(A digital copy generously provided by the author Stacy Reid in exchange for an honest review) Thank you so much, Ms. Stacy!

I love historical romance! And this book totally sealed the deal for me. It was soo good! Once again, I was reminded of my college days when I was so attached with the Dukes, Earls, Lords, and other historical romance characters. So nostalgic!

Anyways, this book is the third installment of the companion series Scandalous House of Calydon. I have been foll
Miriam
Feb 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
There's revenge, and there's revenge. This story was revenge, the kind that you know will only bring immense heartache and possible irreparable damage. The kind that many would label as unforgivable.

That was me. Even though I knew what Lucan was doing, even though I could see what was coming, my heart broke and I hated him. I hated his need for vengeance by using an innocent. I hated him for making himself approachable and loveable to a woman whose only crime was being related to the man Lucan belie
Amira
First I love the cover of this book. Second the name of the book is so apt!

Sins of a Duke was a wonderful romance of revenge and love, pain and forgiveness, with two characters that were absolutely perfect for each other. Lady Constance was strength and innocence in one beautiful package, and The Duke of Mondvale also known as the Lord of Sin was a dark hero, tortured, revenge driven, and utterly intriguing. I really loved his character…even when I wanted to slap him silly, I was mooning over h
Stacy Reid
I had a blast writing Connie and Lucan's story. I hope you enjoy reading it! HUGE thank you to everyone that messaged me, clamoring for Connie's story. Have a go at it! :)
WTF Are You Reading?
Sins Of A Duke, the third offering from the Scandalous House of Calydon series, introduces readers to one Lucan Lynwood, Duke of Mondvale. While all surface details show our dark duke to be yet another privileged child of the ton, come to dip an unearned silver spoon into the trough of it's bounty. One only has to look the slightest bit closer to see that he is so much more.

Joining Lucan in this dangerous dance of scandal, love, passion and lies is the exquisite, albeit socially exco
Gilgamesha
Sweet and simple despite the angsty story

There is just one paragraph where you get a real sense of Constance as a character...when she talks about meeting the little orphan boy on her walks in the countryside....that is all the character development Ms. Reid attempts....she focuses too much on telling the story instead of allowing the reader to experience it.....the only interesting book in the series is the first Novella-The Duke's shot gun wedding. The second book felt like more of a left
Kiltsandswords
Mar 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing

This book could have been the traditional revenge story line, however it sparkles with great characters and depth. While Lucan was intent on extracting revenge on the Duke of Calydon for the mistreatment of his sister, he falls victim to his own plans.
Watching a devilish Duke change is a concept well covered in historical romance novels. I had to think about what exactly made this book work so well. It’s not the typical trope trotted out. I think it was so good because Lucan had a consciou
Rin ♔
3.5 stars!

"I will take some of your darkness and give you my light."

The Duke of Mondvale isn't called the Lord of Sin for no reason. He is a notorious libertine, the kind of man that she, with her already tarnished reputation, shall avoid. Yet Lady Constance Calydon still finds herself drawn to him, his charisma, his mysteriousness.

Lady Constance is the perfect instrument for the Duke of Mondvale's revenge against the man who ruined her sister. Even more, Lady Constance has made things/>
Cristina
Mar 03, 2015 rated it it was ok
A little TOO SLOW for my taste which in return felt a little boring. Eh it could've been me, ya know?
Ane Margaux
Feb 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received this book through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

description

Ostracized Lady Constance Thornton is drawn to the Duke of Mondvale, the Lord of Sin. Delectably handsome and debauched he is secretly lusted after by every female member of the ton. What is the harm of paying him attention if she is already looked down upon? Little does she know that Mondvale has already noticed her and h
Kimberley
Mar 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Copy provided by Entangled Publishing, LLC, through Net Galley.

5 Grab-your-heart STARS!!

This is my first Stacy Reid novel, but it won't be my last. From the title, I was hoping for a naughty Duke pursuing delicious debauchery with a débutante and... I most certainly got what I wanted!!!

This is the 3rd book in the Scandalous House of Calydon series and could be read as a standalone, but don't pass up the chance to read about illicit passion and tormented Hero's/Heroine's in the first 2 books.<
Farrah
Feb 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
An emotional, sweet, and absolutely fantastic romance, Sins of a Duke was an excellent read. I really loved this book. It had likable characters, a great story, and a lovely romance.

Constance was great. She knew when to go after what she wanted but also refused to let herself be a doormat. She judged a person by merit rather than rumor and knew when it was time to forgive. She was lively, kind, and a really likable heroine.

Lucan was interesting. At first, I was worried that he would come off as unlikable because he was using
Naima Simone
Feb 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Confession time: I've been waiting for Sins of a Duke since The Irresistible Miss Peppiwell released last year. I love the Calydon series, and when I had the chance to receive and read an ARC of Sins of a Duke, I jumped at it. "Sins" is the story of Sebastian and Anthony's younger sister, Constance, as she deals with the fallout of being outed as a bastard. Society has turned on her and all her marriage prospects are nil to none. Enter Lucan, the Duke of Mondvale. And his plans for revenge that ...more
Esther
Revenge and Redemption.

This was an intense and emotional read.

The description above gives you an general overview of story between Lucan and Constance. A heroine who is has been shunned by society as rumor begins that she is a bastard. We have Lucan a powerful and rich Duke who is out for his sisters revenge. And it's Constance that is the target due to it being her brother that was part of Lucan's sisters death, he believes. A sister for a sister.

This is a romance that
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5/4 stars. I love an antihero and this one was not bad enough. I never wondered how the author would redeem the H because he was never close enough to irredeemable.
Lee
Sins of a Duke ticked all the boxes for me. I love a period piece, one that can plant me firmly in days gone by, surrounded by the haut monde and all of the social conventions of that time. A strong heroine, standing up for her beliefs, particularly where love is concerned, while maintaining her decorum and dignity in a world full of hypocrisy and fickle social loyalties. A hero who starts out with the worst intentions, who can be cold and calculating, whose heart thaws and shows his own charact ...more
Chu
Mar 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Rating: 4.5 Stars

SHORT REVIEW:
A story of love, loss, lies, deceit and betrayal.

LONGER:
After what Constance had been through these months – the friendship she lost, the cuts from the ton, and not to mention the humiliation she suffered after the truth about her birth came out. Her reputation was shred into pieces, there was nothing to salvage it. So why worry now?

She was drawn to him. He was the first one who didn’t care about what the ton thought of her. H
Edwina " I LoveBooks" "Deb"
Mar 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
PERFECT TUTORED HERO AND PERFECT INNOCENT HEROINE!!

I absolutely loved Sins of a Duke. What a big difference in the characters in this story and book 2. Lady Constance Thonton and her brother Anthony Thorton have been outed too the Ton by the Duke of Mondvale as being bastards and not the legitimate issue of the deceased Duke of Calydon.

Lucan Devlin Wynwood the newly minted Duke of Mondvale wants revenge on Lady Constance brother Sebastian the Duke of Calydon. Lucas believes that Seb
Noura
Feb 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
I read this in one day and finished it late at night. It was one of those "un-putdown-able" books. There are so many things i want to say so i'm just going to make a list instead:

1) I love me a dark and hunky bad boy who wears glasses. Yes, he wears glasses and pushes it up his nose when he's nervous - so kawaiiiii!!! (cue japanese fangirl shriek) Lucan Wynwood aka Duke of Mondvale is one of the 4 owners of a famous and successful high-class gambling den, a titled lord and a rags-to-
Lily Maxton
Feb 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is the story of the Duke of Mondvale (Lucan) and his quest for revenge against the Duke of Calydon (who was the main character in the Duke's Shotgun Wedding). To get his revenge, Lucan targets Lady Constance, the duke's sister, but he's almost immediately attracted to her and things don't go according to plan. This was a very engaging book...Stacy Reid again does a good job of writing a darkly atmospheric romance. I liked Lady Constance, though her personality didn't stand out quite as much ...more
Heather andrews
Feb 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I actually enjoyed this book more than I thought I would, Lucan he intrigued me, "he cleared his throat and pushed his glasses firmer on his nose. "I am at your disposal, my lady, what would you like to know?" He did give me whiplash at times one minute he was all for Constance and the next the boy was just rude, "a scowl settled on his face. "Why did you come out here, Constance?" He could be crude and blunt and those were the times I loved him the most, "his eyes narrowed. "Leave before I bend ...more
Sylvia
This is the third installment of the Scandalous House of Calydon series. Lucan Devlin Wynwood, Duke of Mondvale wants revenge and he is not above using Lady Constance Thornton as a tool. Lord Lucan hates Constance's brother, Sebastian Thornton who used and abandoned Lucan's sister. A sister for a sister. Lord Lucan set to destroy, but he ended up destroying a wonderful creature and a love he never knew he can have. I love this author. Mrs. Stacy Reid captivate your attention from the beginning w ...more
Bridgett Anderson Miller
Loved it!

I haven't read a historical romance in a long while and I use to devour them. I have to say I absolutely loved this book. I loved everything about the story of Lucan and Constance. My heart hurt for their pain but I rejoiced in their love. Thank you for such a wonderful story Stacy Reid.
romance.io
Mar 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Full review: 4 stars by www.romanceandsmut.com

Our novel opens with Lady Constance Thornton having just had her bastardy revealed to society at large by unseen nefarious forces. While she is devastated and bears the outward burden of her family’s shame, her beauty is such that she has a titled man offering for her hand in marriage despite the scandal. However, once she sets eyes on the gorgeous and dark Lucan Devlin Wynwood, Duke of Mondvale, she cannot accept the much hoped for match that could save her reputatio
Karen Darling
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: free, audible
Was not crazy about this book. I don't really like revenge stories. I also didn't like the way he took her virginity. The first time woman has sex it hurts, it's uncomfortable and you're swore, you don't just get flipped over and get it doggie style again.
Jessica
Nov 10, 2015 rated it it was ok
SPOILERS in review!!!!!
The book started out very well and promising but by the end it's on of those works right in the middle. I didn't hate it but I didn't love it either. I didn't dislike it but I didn't really like it. I guess you could say it was a good experience giving the book a try but I won't read it again. I discovered that this is actually the third book in the series early on but went ahead with this one anyway since I already started it. I'm not sure if I'll go back to read th
Liz F
Feb 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Review copy courtesy of the publisher via NetGalley.

Stacy Reid is a new-to-me author but when I read the description of the book, it sounded right up my alley! I was thrilled when I got it from NetGalley and couldn't wait to start it. I'm happy to say that this book didn't disappoint!

I liked Constance, the heroine, from the start. She's very young but also very confident. She'd been severely shunned by the ton after she was revealed to be a possible bastard (I think that'
Eva
Feb 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
„Sins of a Duke“ by Stacy Reid is the 3rd novel in a series called “Scandalous House of Calydon” and I haven’t read the 1st and the 2nd one which could have made the storyline easier in the beginning eventually.
Lady Constance Thornton, short Connie, is young, not even 20 years old but it seems like she has lost everything already and it wasn’t even her fault at all. Nope, it wasn’t. Somebody told society that her father wasn’t really her father but her mother’s late husband fathered her and her
Tricia Skinner
Mar 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My Thoughts:

I'd read Stacy Reid Nelson's work long before she joined us here at GIHS and became a friend. You see, my not-so-secret love for historical romance novels has been tested many times. I've switched from Regency to Medieval to Ancient to World War II to... you get the idea. I need a specific type of story and the right mood to enjoy it, especially in a genre I've read since my early teens.

Sins of a Duke hit during my renewed interest in Regency romances and she
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Apr 18, 2017 11:41AM

• Enchanting the Earl (The Townsends, #1)
  • How to Beguile a Duke  (How To, #1)
  • Seducing the Princess
  • His Saving Grace (Secrets & Seduction, #4)
  • A Spy Unmasked (In the Crown's Secret Service #1)
  • The Lady's Disgrace (Marriage Mart Mayhem #3)
  • Blind Allegiance (Blind, 1)
  • The Wyckham House
  • Lord of Regrets
  • The Scare
  • Highlander Undone
  • Taming Her Forbidden Earl (Lady Lancaster Garden Society, #1)
  • Blood Marriage
  • To Lure a Proper Lady (Duke-Defying Daughters #1)
  • The Last Heiress: A Novel of Tutankhamun's Queen
  • How to Train Your Baron
  • The Millionaire's Forever (Seduced by Love, #1; Men of the Zodiac, #3)
  • The Courtesan Duchess (Wicked Deceptions, #1)
I am an unapologetic romance lover. I read it. I write it. Enough said. Well..I also have a warrior way "Never give up on my dreams." I spend a copious amount of time drooling over Rick Grimes from Walking Dead, watching Japanese anime and playing video games with my love, Dusean.

Scandalous House of Calydon (4 books)
  • The Duke's Shotgun Wedding (Scandalous House of Calydon, #1)
  • The Irresistible Miss Peppiwell (Scandalous House of Calydon, #2)
  • The Royal Conquest (Scandalous House of Calydon, #4)