Start by marking “No Such Thing as Werewolves (Deathless, #1)” as Want to Read:
No Such Thing as Werewolves (Deathless, #1)

No Such Thing as Werewolves

(Deathless #1)

Librarian Note: This is an Alternative Cover Edition ASIN B00OX6IZ8G

WARNING: May Contain Werewolves.

A pyramid predating all known cultures appears without warning. Its discovery throws into question everything we know about the origins of mankind.

Inside lies incredible technology, proof of a culture far more advanced than our own. Something dark lurks within, eager to resu
Published February 2015 by Amazon Digital Services, Inc. (first published October 25th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about No Such Thing as Werewolves, please sign up.
Merle A Coleman Jr. Age range is over 14 I would say. There is a lot of killing but not in great detail. Its not disgusting at all. It sorta reminds me of Stargate.

BookLoversLife
When a pyramid suddenly appears a team of scientists thinks that it is the discovery of their life. This pyramid predates any other things every unearthed on earth and they have no idea where it came from. What they don't know is that with the pyramid comes something that they think is legend. But it also heralds the end of the world. They need to figure things out before things are too late.

While looking through Audible, I came across this book and had to add it to my list. I love werewolves a
11811 (Eleven)
I've been letting this one marinate for a while and I'm still not sure how to rate it. It kept bouncing between 2 and 5 stars. The concept is excellent. The writing isn't bad. I kept hitting dry spots that completely lost my interest. There were too many action scenes. They bore me. I think this was overall a noble attempt at blending more genres than were perhaps meant to be blended. It's one of the coolest ideas for a story I've come across in a while but the execution didn't match the concept ...more
Nichole ~Bookaholic~
This was an awesome mix of adventure (think Indiana Jones), Sci-Fi, Fantasy, and Mythology all in one action packed story. While this one did start out a bit slow for me , it did really start to pick up once Blair is in Peru at the site with the rest of the scientific team. From here I found the story very engaging and the story pulls you along on the wild ride that is “There are no Such Things as Werewolves”. There is so much I want to say about this story but so far everything I start out typi ...more
Blaine Moore
Feb 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed No Such Thing as Werewolves. The premise seemed a bit silly but I'm glad I gave the book a chance as once things get moving they don't let up a whole lot on the pace throughout the rest of the book. There is plenty of foreshadowing of things to come throughout the work, but you still never really knew exactly what would happen when. I like that main characters are regularly killed off so you never know exactly who will be safe and who in danger during the action sequences in the book. ...more
Sharon
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given an electronic copy of this book by the author for an honest review. First of all, I applaud the author for a unique take on a werewolf story. The greatest thing about this novel was the complete attention to detail for both the primary story and the back story. Tying together ancient civilizations, werewolves, zombies and the entire human race in a complete and concise manner, the author crafted a well conceived and thrilling novel. I cannot wait to read the second book, as the cliff ...more
Bill
Dec 22, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one read like a tv mini series. I can't decide if that's a bad thing or not. Maybe? The story was interesting, but perhaps tried to do too much. Definitely entertaining. Cliffhanger ending leading into the second part of the series was mildly disappointing after a big lead up to waking the Mother. Like my friend Eleven, I have no clue how to rate this one, so I'm going with 3 stars.
Lisa
Oct 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: modern-fantasy, scifi
Take notice of the warning, "May Contain Werewolves." No Such Thing As Werewolves is a fast paced adventure that I thoroughly enjoyed. What if ancient cultures were far more advanced than we realize? This book answers that question with a mixture of technology, science, mythology, and of course, werewolves. It's a page turner from beginning to end!
Paul Ataua
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
A mystery surrounding an ancient pyramid, werewolves, zombies, science fiction, romance, good guys and bad guys, and all rolled into a paramilitary action novel. Well I tried, but there was really nothing here for me. I never really got passed the cast of clichéd characters as they set about solving a mystery that was probably best left unsolved.
Debbie
Dec 16, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley
Received via NetGalley and Chris Fox in exchange for an unbiased review.

Blair is called to a mysterious pyramid of unknown origin or age to decipher strange glyphs that could possibly revolutionize our understanding of human history. It is there he uncovers the truth: werewolves exist and they aren't our true enemies. He and Liz must release an ancient being to possibly avoid catastrophe, but with the clock ticking can they come to grips with this strange new reality and fix the mistakes they’ve
P Bee
Nov 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Don't try to classify this book. It's really a mixed genre read with a dominant werewolf story but there's ancient history, scifi and so on. Just enjoy it, because it's good fiction.

It's an ensemble cast of characters so start paying attention to names to keep track of who is doing what. The action is pretty much nonstop in this book. At times I felt like I was reading scenes from an action video game with characters jumping from scene to scene.

There's a lot of mythology and backstory that the
Monica Ganz
Nov 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
No Such Thing as Werewolves is a rare kind of book that keeps my toes curled with intrigued until the very end! This story is very well written with just the right amount of suspense, thrills, action, and paranormal that kept me captivated with every page turn. The characters are very unique and well developed as you go through the story. This book has a little bit for everyone from werewolves, zombies, and tons of adventure. This was my first time reading anything from Chris Fox and needless to ...more
Dominic
Oct 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First of all, how can you go wrong with a story about Werewolves and Zombies? Well, you really can't. Especially in this new imagining of why they exist in the first place. Then weave in ancient legends and mythology creating a world at odds for millennia. What is at the heart this long lasting war? Of course, you are going to have to read it to find out.
Kaitlin favreau
Nov 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was a really good book
Cady Vance
Feb 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a book! An absolutely gripping roller coaster of a story. Can't wait for book 2 to come out!
Miriam
Feb 25, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, horror, audio
60% DNF. I was desperate for a good WW book but I just can't push through this one. It's all over the place with too many characters to keep up with. Damned shame because I really like the narrator. He is the only reason I lasted to 60%, before giving up.

Too bad I'm not into Zombie books since that seems to be the only thing people what to write about in the horror genre. *rmde*
Annie Slasher (Booked & Loaded)
This is an original review from http://bookedandloaded.com
I personally purchased this audiobook - Original rating 4.5/5

No Such Thing as Werewolves by Chris Fox is the first book in his Deathless series. This audiobook was a truly wonderful surprise. My brain was not quite ready to process the awesome it was receiving. Hey! I was caught off-guard!

It is true. I loved this book. I kind of suspected a bit of mediocreness all the way around, but that is what I get for assuming. In all fairness (so
Annie Slasher (Booked & Loaded)
This is an original review from http://bookedandloaded.com - all opinions are my own. I personally purchased this title.

Laura Thomas
Jul 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
The title alone would make me want to read this book. Then there’s that frightful cover art.

Knew this was going to be good. But it was chock full of surprising twists. I thought I knew what was inside the pyramid. Nope. Kind of wrong there. And I thought this would be kind of predictable. Way wrong there.

Great characters. Too many to talk about individually. Good guys. Bad guys. Important secondary characters that do their part to flesh out the story. And those from the pyramid. Well, I can’t te
chucklesthescot
Mar 27, 2017 rated it did not like it
A team are sent to Peru to explore a pyramid but when it opens a werewolf escapes and attacks them, killing two people. Now the dig site is protected by heavy security as scientists try to get into the inner chamber, while the werewolf watches and waits. I so wanted to love the book with the fantastic cover but I was very disappointed by it. The main story seemed to be relationship angst between the main characters. Bridget was with Blair but had an affair with his best friend Steve, breaking hi ...more
Samantha
Feb 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fan
No Such Things as Werewolves by Chris Fox was an absolutely fun read. I admit that when I first read the synopsis my eyebrows shot up and I gave the book a doubtful look. My fears were quickly soothed, as the author was able to take staple concepts of monsters and integrated new twists with drama and humor into the story. The characters are well developed and spread across a variety of archetypes. These characters are then put up against a backdrop of wild ideas blended such that the outlandish ...more
Angella
Mar 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
At first I didn't think I would like this book but after listening for awhile I began to get into it and enjoyed it a lot.“No Such Thing as Werewolves” is a science fiction novel that brings together ancient civilizations, an apocalyptic threat, and werewolves—the result is a story that’s tense and exciting.Great book & a great beginning to what I'm sure is going to be an amazing adventure! Fox does a great job of weaving folk lore and history together in his first book. I'm excited to see w ...more
kevin powell sr.
Awesome!!

This book was much more than I thought it would be going in. I pleasantly surprised how awesome a read it was. The description doesn't give justice to how much more this horror story covers.
You'll love it!! I was not pleased at all with the massive cliffhanger ending but the author immediately apologizes and explains why it was done. I liked this book so much I signed up to be informed when the sequel comes out.
Ann
Feb 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful story or werewolves and zombies. It appears to be the first in a series. It's quite long and you are very sorry it ends. Can't wait for the next book. When a giant pyramid appears in Peru mankind of course tries to profit from it. This ancient pyramid is from a race of werewolves, preserved for the purpose of saving the world. This story deals with the history of the werewolves and their survival, I'm guessing book two will give us a background of the zombies.
Rickey
Nov 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
jD
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Entertaining. I am listening to the whole trilogy on audio book. I haven't read anything recently that digs into the Egyptian pantheon at this level. Not the mythology but it's more all the names and attributes of the gods and goddesses. They're all here for the end of the world. Yes there is an apocalypse and the gods are being very naughty.
alice reuss
No such thing as werewolves Deathlesss book 1

There was something about this book that couldn't hold my interest.A lot of background talking and extra stuff put in for a follower I guess. But I thought this book was uninteresting.
Cat
Nov 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I won this book in one of Goodreads contest, and wow. This action packed story is a wonderful new twist on the werewolf, zombie story line. I really enjoyed reading it. I loved the characters, and their battle with what they had become.
Refreshing new viewpoint and a fun read.
Maria
Dec 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: horror
Son of a...It's a damn cliffhanger. Oh hell no! I didn't go through this drawn out, although well written, frustrating read to be smacked with a cliffhanger. Rude.
Dolores
Jan 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I want the next book to come out right now!! What a cliff hanger. I hadn't read such a good book about werewolves in a while. I'm glad I took a chance on this one.
Kama Haack
Jan 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Seriously my top 5 of all time best books.
  • Hounacier (Valducan, #2)
  • Curse of the Full Moon: A Werewolf Anthology
  • The Frenzy War (The Frenzy Wolves, #2)
  • Moonstruck (High Moor, #2)
  • Where The Dead Men Lie (Secret Apocalypse, #3)
  • Autobiography of a Werewolf Hunter (Autobiography of a Werewolf Hunter Book 1)
  • Vampire Apocalypse: A World Torn Asunder
  • Unus (Stone Mage Saga Book 1)
  • The Pack (Venator #1)
  • Valley Of Death, Zombie Trailer Park
  • The Book of Werewolves
  • The Mammoth Book of Wolf Men
  • Ancient Awakening
  • Lila the Werewolf
  • New Breed (Dragon's Fire, #1)
  • Werewolves: A Field Guide to Shapeshifters, Lycanthropes, and Man-Beasts
  • Survival of the Fattest (Fat Vampire, #6)
  • Real Wolfmen: True Encounters in Modern America
By day I am an iPhone developer architecting the app used to scope Stephen Colbert’s ear. By night I am Batman. Ok maybe not. One can dream though, right?

I’ve been writing since I was six years old and started inflicting my work on others at age 18. By age 24 people stopped running away when I approached them with a new story and shortly thereafter I published my first one in the Rifter.

Wait you’r

Deathless (4 books)
  • No Mere Zombie (Deathless, #2)
  • Vampires Don't Sparkle (Deathless, #3)
  • The Great Pack (Deathless #4)
“We didn’t even find Saturn until Galileo in the sixteen hundreds.” 1 likes
“They’d been dispatched here, given four old Boeing AH-64 Apache helicopters—the type that had been mothballed back in the 1980s after serving since the Vietnam War.” 0 likes