Start by marking “Miss Match (The Match Series, #2)” as Want to Read:
Miss Match (The Match Series, #2)

Miss Match

(The Match #2)

Back in high school, if someone had told Clare Fox she would write for a living someday, she would have laughed in their face — or just dumped her cafeteria lunch down their shirt.

Ten years later, she has overcome both dyslexia and her high-school-dropout status with her own, personal ace in the hole: Her extensive knowledge of the male species. Now, Clare is Miss Match,
Published February 12th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Miss Match, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Miss Match

Start your review of Miss Match (The Match Series, #2)
Beth
Feb 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 stars

Warning: Contains a tiny spoiler

So this book was really good, I haven't come across this author before but I'm glad I have now. I really liked the characters in this book. Clare was quite an angry character - most of her anger stemmed from not feeling good enough due to a learning disability - and I think the author did a great job of having an angry character but making her likeable. Then there was Javier who was really sweet and then you remember he is doing a job which annoyed me a
Helen Carey
Mar 12, 2016 rated it did not like it
I abandoned the book 25% of the way into it. The main character is whiny and just downright mean at times. At this point, I don't care if the male lead coaxes her into falling in love with him....I just don't like her.
Jane The Pale
Jan 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
The characters were very real to me. They seemed a bit foolish and awkward at times. Even the love scenes were very much about them. Their emotional development is entertaining and the way it fit the story arch made for a very nice happily ever after.

Clare is a bit of an anti hero, she's got some emotional hang ups and puts up a sort of macho front. Some of her behavior is immature, but her change in the book is very believable and she doesn't come off as silly just very realistic.
Michele
Mar 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Miss Match

Loved it!! Loved everything about the story!! Loved the characters....Not very descriptive, except for the loving part!! Worth 5 stars!! Couldn't put it down. Won't disappoint.
Quinn Fforde
Apr 20, 2016 rated it liked it
I admire what the author was trying to do here, but it seemed to me that there were about 3 separate conversations the H/h needed to have that they never really did. Points for a different kind of character development, though.
Kelly
Mar 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved reading this book

Can't wait to read more books by Catherine Avril Morris!! Really looking forward to reading Mismatched!! Just loved reading this book!!
Narcy
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was hooked from the moment I started reading. Ckare Fox is a brilliant, bitter and uses her pat experiences with men to write her column. Her pasts relationships clearly are of men who are not worthy, so her boss Adam sends her on a Cruise in the hopes that she will change her ways. Javier is a sweet, caring, and romantic hottie who wants to help all women find love again. I love these two and how they meet. This story is simply adorable. I loved it!!
Casey
Nov 24, 2018 rated it did not like it
I almost never DNF but I did on this one. I'm not usually much of one for "but what if the genders were reversed" but holy hell. Clare refuses to take no for an answer, repeatedly, to the point of getting violent when denied. That's not funny, charming, or cute. It's sexual harassment at the least, assault at worst. Clare doesn't need to be on a singles cruise, she needs to be in therapy and away from men until she can learn to keep her hands to herself.
Nov 19, 2018 rated it liked it
This is a book you either going to love or hate. Clare the main character has issues and hides them by being mean and nasty to everyone, more so men. Javier on the other hand has his issues too, but remains true to himself and his beliefs which drives Clare insane. That aside it was not a bad book, I found myself laughing at times which is a good writing ability and finished the book thinking I would not mind reading a little more if the other characters and what happens to them.
Kelley Marie
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
Didn’t love it

I almost put this book down several times, but went ahead and finished it. It had quite a bit of language and the heroine was pretty crass. I did like the meshing of the two main characters personalities, but there was just something about this book that left me wanting.
Tarsha Woods
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
We all have demons or family traits we run from or avoid to not be. Talking about or bringing life to past issues helps not speaking up or bottling up past hurts boils over.

To grow we have to trust those we love around us to be honest about our patterns or behavior vise versa.
Leigh
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
I’m not that impressed. The main girl is so incredibly mean to everyone - her friends, her boss/friend’s fiancé, men... who wants to be that person? Who wants to be WITH that person? I never liked the book because I never liked Clare.
Victoria
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It is a great book to read
Queen Talk Talk
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: modern-romance
Good ending.

I didn't read the first book but this one felt like a standalone. I liked the witty dialogue between the characters.
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
Storyline was cute, but he main character has a filthy mouth. All she did was swear and talk about sex to hide her insecurities. Hero was perfect!
Catherine
Nov 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I really love Clare Fox, the heroine of MISS MATCH (and the title character —she writes love advice columns for Mister-Match.com, samples of which are featured at the beginning of each chapter of the book).

She is a true anti-heroine: She's defiantly pro-sex, a bit bitter about men and relationships, and definitely somewhat crass and acerbic. She's also a girls' girl, an incredibly loyal friend, and a fighter-slash-lover at heart, meaning she would do anything for the people she loves, no matter
Ashley
Mar 23, 2016 rated it did not like it
This book just wasn't for me.

I didn't like the characters. At all.

I didn't even really like the plotline.

I couldn't wait to finish it and put it on my Kindle archive.

I owed it to the author and the book to finish. Which I did. But it was not easy for me.

Just not my cup of tea.

-Ashley
Cary
Jun 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Hmmm, let's see what can I say? A unique story line with interesting characters. A bit crass and lots of sexual innuendo throughout.
Brenda Green
May 19, 2016 rated it liked it
Romance

Good if you're looking for a quick romantic read. Modern story. Consistent character development. Good tension to keep the plot going.
Gillian
Mar 26, 2016 rated it liked it
It was a sweet story but I battled to connect with the main character Clare. She started to irritate me half way that the book.
Michelle
Feb 28, 2019
Vanessa
Feb 04, 2019
Jaye
rated it did not like it
Jun 07, 2019
Sheila Bolick
Apr 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Something Borrowed
  • Boring is the New Black (The Fashionista and The Geek #1)
  • Just One Kiss (Kissed by the Bay #3)
  • Faking It (Book Boyfriend, #2)
  • Settling Up
  • The Boyfriend Sessions (City Love, #1)
  • Blue Moon (Blue Mountain #2)
  • Made for Me
  • MultiDate
  • A Cotswold Christmas
  • All He Wants For Christmas (Yours for Christmas Book, #1)
  • Suddenly Susan (Susan Wade Saga, #1)
  • Waltz Of The Wallflower (Delicate Hearts, #1)
  • Mann Cakes (Beach Pointe, #1)
  • Holly Freakin' Hughes
  • Shopping for an Heir (Shopping for a Billionaire #10; Inheritance #9)
  • Fat Girl (Romance in Rehoboth #1)
  • Christmas Key: A Three Book Box Set of Holiday Romance
Catherine Avril Morris lives and writes in Austin, Texas, where she consumes as many breakfast tacos and double-Americanos as possible. When she isn’t eating, reading a novel, watching terrible TV shows with her husband, or chasing the two- and four-legged beasts—er, that is, children and dogs, who destroy—er, that is, live in her home, she is dreaming up sensual love stories with a pulse of humor ...more

The Match (4 books)
  • Mister Match (The Match Series, #1)
  • Mismatched (The Match Series, #3)
  • Her Sweetest Match (The Match Series, #4)