Start by marking “The pmarca blog Archives, Marc Andreessen” as Want to Read:
The pmarca blog Archives, Marc Andreessen

The pmarca blog Archives, Marc Andreessen

The Pmarca Blog Archive Is Back… as an Ebook

Somewhere along the way Marc Andreessen went from being pmarca to @pmarca. He took down his popular blog, and years later took up tweetstorming. But by popular request, you can now also download many of his older blog posts — The Pmarca Blog Archives — as an ebook.

That said, here are some of our edit notes*: We removed all links
Published January 9th 2015 by Pressbooks

To ask other readers questions about The pmarca blog Archives, Marc Andreessen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The pmarca blog Archives, Marc Andreessen

Alexander Boykov
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Много уникальных и неординарных мыслей на тему личной производительности, найма сотрудников, управления компанией, которую нужно развернуть и так далее. Очень ценно, что много своих мыслей.
Olga Shatokha
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really great explanations how startups work and great advice. Pity it was never issued as a separate book and is very little known about.
Not just for startup founders or CEOs but anyone who's interested about simple explanation of startup rules.
Aamna
May 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Very very insightful.
Ostap Andrusiv
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It feels like I'm reading "The Hard Thing About Hard Things" again. The most fascinating thing about this book is that it consists of blog posts from 2007-2009, but still feels valid in 2019. It was before iPads, Slack, Trello, iPhone and Uber were roughly 1-2 years old. Still you can find valid advice on defining a problem, hiring people, leading companies, and being personally productive.

It's like "start a startup" cookbook. I enjoyed each of the chapters.
Diana Pinchuk
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of the best readings about startups and business. Perfectly matches with Lean Startup and The hard thing about hard things.
Miroslav Tsibinog
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gems
Brilliant. The very first book that I would like to re-read right away.
Pavel Annenkov
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
О ЧЕМ КНИГА:
Книга состоит из постов личного блога одного из ведущих предпринимателей и инвесторов Кремниевой Долины Марка Андриссена. Жалко, что он уже давно перестал писать в свой блог, но хоть сделал для нас такой удобный сборник. Посты закрывают практически все вопросы создания новой компании от поиска рынка и продукта до привлечения денег и личной продуктивности предпринимателя.

ГЛАВНЫЕ ВЫВОДЫ:
- Никогда не создавай компанию успех которой зависит от партнерства с большой корпорацией или будущ
Denis Vasilev
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Редкая возможность почитать мысли Андриссена в комплекте. Сборник его постова из блога, который он к сожалению бросил вести.
Gonzalo Fernández-Victorio
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: it, 2017
Wonderful. A must read not only to every future entrepeneur, but to any young adult considering what to do with their life.
Matthias
"I’m a firm believer that most people who do great things are doing them for the first time. Returning to my theory of hiring, I’d rather have someone all fired up to do something for the first time than someone who’s done it before and isn’t that excited to do it again. You rarely go wrong giving someone who is high potential the shot."

Just one of the many great points you can find in this collection of some of Andreessen's best blog posts.

An absolute must-read if you're interested in hiring/re
Cy Winther-Tamaki
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent advice for people in any industry, not just tech, seeing that rapid change is happening in most industries these days. Thinking like a startup is an invaluable skill, and Marc nails it with his insight into what brings success. There are a few points I didn't agree with (that college students should avoid liberal arts degrees in favor of hard sciences and engineering, for example) but I can see his point. Enjoyable, easy read! The chapters on product/market fit, career planning, and pr ...more
Tathagat Varma
Aug 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Marc Andressen's blog archives from 2007-09 timeframe still has a mintfresh smell! I decided to read this to understand what were the startup issues back then (in the middle of 2008 financial meltdown), and also to analyse what all has changed since then, especially between Silicon Valley and India/Bangalore. Most of what Marc says is spot on, and this book should be a mandatory bedtime reading for all wannapreneurs and entrepreneurs. The book is fast and you can finish it within a day.
Märt
Nov 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed, biz
This is a free e-book of 2007-2009 select blog posts of Marc Andreessen, one of the most high-profile VCs and tech big picture guys, and one of my favourite guys to read and follow about where tech is and where it's going.

Not much has changed since 2009 about great advice for start-ups, hiring, career, psychology of entrepreneurs (he goes deep into key research on cognitive biases here), and as a bonus, on great science fiction writers of the 2000s. I enjoyed this a lot.
Gome Gomez
Aug 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Incredibly insightful - lots of good tips on how to distinguish a good company/organization/culture/employee from a bad one and how changes can me made to improve such an entity. Many of these tips center around extrapolating broader conclusions from relatively succinct behavior patterns, resumes, features of track records, etc. This book has the potential to improve your decision making by making you more objective.
Cristian Avram
Nov 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I can't rate it high enough as Marc was absolutely dropping knowledge like a boss! A gem.
Manas Saloi
May 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Good stuff.
Art
A treasure of wisdom from one of the most successful VC.
Sanketh
Nick
Jan 20, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Add new book cover 3 13 Feb 18, 2015 02:18PM
“I’m a firm believer that most people who do great things are doing them for the first time. Returning to my theory of hiring, I’d rather have someone all fired up to do something for the first time than someone who’s done it before and isn’t that excited to do it again. You rarely go wrong giving someone who is high potential the shot.” 1 likes
“The world is a very malleable place. If you know what you want, and you go for it with maximum energy and drive and passion, the world will often reconfigure itself around you much more quickly and easily than you would think.” 1 likes