Start by marking “Dances with Wolf” as Want to Read:
Dances with Wolf

Dances with Wolf

Some men can never be tamed…

Horse whisperer Abby Macready's love for animals runs as deep in her blood as her Native American heritage. If she were even half as good at reading men, she'd…well, she'd probably still be fantasizing about her best friend's big brother, Wolf Olsen. Playboy, cowboy, and breaker of Abby's teenage heart.

Staying on top of the rodeo circuit means t
Published March 10th 2015 by Entangled: Bliss

To ask other readers questions about Dances with Wolf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dances with Wolf

Allyson
Mar 08, 2015 Allyson marked it as to-read
Shelves: on-hold
ARC ON HOLD 4%

"But Abby was untouchable. She was Bridget's best friend, a second daughter to his mom and dad, and beloved by the entire community for her grit and generosity alike. As for Wolf, his reputation preceded him: he was a cowboy, a playboy, a rolling stone in an unstable profession."

So, you have a girl.. the definition of sweet and innocent.
You have the girl's best friend's older brother.
As if that wasn't enough of a cliche... he's a playboy.

I'm sure if I hadn't read 50,000 books with
Heather andrews
Feb 14, 2015 Heather andrews rated it it was amazing
Oh Wolf, that boy has no shame, "Wolf stepped out of bed, nude. "Oh my God, you're shameless," Abby said, covering her eyes. He spun her around and wrapped his arms around her." I loved the playfulness these two had, "you're crazy, you know that?" She slapped him lightly on the chest, looking up at him. "This is like a scene from some cheesy movie." This was a sweet read that I enjoyed reading.
Inspired Kathy
Feb 16, 2015 Inspired Kathy rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
Review to come

3.5 Stars

Content: Some language and one fade to black sex scene
Sheri (Tangled Up In Books)
Originally posted on my blog: Tangled Up In Books

I received a copy of this book, from the publisher, in exchange for an honest review. In no way did this sway either my review or my rating!

There were a few things that initially had me instantly wanting to read this book. For starters there's the best friend's older brother trope, which happens to be a personal favorite of mine. Then you add to that fact that said best friend's older brother is a cowboy, a rodeo cowboy in fact. I'm not exactly bi
Char (1RadReader59)
Mar 09, 2015 Char (1RadReader59) rated it it was amazing
This story is what every girl has nightmares about. Especially, when she falls in love with her BFF’s (best friend’s forever) big brother. You see Abby (Abadabun) Macready was an adopted from a Native American tribe when she was 3 years old. You see her adoptive father Doc worked at the clinic in Salish where her Aunt Osa took her. Doc & Marcie his wife live in the Flathead Valley of Montana.
Growing up Abby was an only child just the way her mom Pima and father would have wanted so told by
Eleanore
Mar 13, 2015 Eleanore rated it really liked it
Abby Macready works with horses. To be specific, she dropped out of vet school to take a more holistic approach to her work. Horses usually respond better to her than to other means, especially when physical, emotional, or psychological damage is suspected. The others in her close-knit hometown often call her the "horse whisperer," and not without derision.

Including, at first, Wolf Olsen, rodeo cowboy, known womanizer, older brother of Abby's best friend, and the first one who broke Abby's heart
Book Gannet
This is a sweet, undemanding read about not being able to move past teenage heartbreak, the pitfalls of manly pride and allowing both to make a mess of your future. I really liked Abby at first – she’s smart and determined, having had the courage to throw in her veterinary training because she preferred a non-medicated approach, so moved back home to start her own business. Sounds like my kind of character. Sure, she has some unresolved issues regarding Wolf and the prom-that-never-was, but she ...more
Alima Livzletlivz
Mar 08, 2015 Alima Livzletlivz rated it liked it
Another first read on the list for me is Farrah Taylor’s “Dances With The Wolf” (Big Sky Love Series #2). Rodeo career’s got a very short life span and staying on top of the game is no easy task. Wolf Olsen is back on a break from the rodeo circuit, back to family and back to Abby Macready, the girl he left waiting for him to take her to prom.

Leaving veterinarian college behind, Abby Macready is back home with her parents making a name for herself as a horse whisperer, her love of animals runni
Heidi
Mar 16, 2015 Heidi rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book of netgalley in exchange for my honest opinions and review.

There is a passion in Horse whisperer Abby Macready's life and thats her love for animals they run as deep in her blood as her Native American heritage. If she were even half as good at reading men, she'd…well, she'd probably still be fantasizing about her best friend's big brother, Wolf Olsen. He is a Playboy, cowboy, and he once Abby's young heart which has left an impression on her.

Wolf is focused on Sta
April Symes
Mar 09, 2015 April Symes rated it really liked it
***A gifted copy was provided by the publisher for an honest review***

A “Dance with Wolf” is a sweet romance that is about not being able to move past “the past” when the past comes back into your life again. Abby is in love with her best friend’s older brother, Wolf. He knew she was in love with him & Wolf knew he broke Abby’s heart many years ago. He had his reasons. Reasons he could not share even with his sister.

Abby threw herself into her vet training. She is a smart woman who is deter
Elaine
Abby’s best friend was Bridget. Their families were close, too, and had been throughout their childhood and school days. Most of them still are, six years after the prom to which Abby should have been taken by Bridget’s older brother, Wolf, but he’d not shown up and had gone off to become a rodeo star instead of her date. He’d hardly been home since - but he’s coming back to help celebrate Abby’s Dad’s birthday.

Abby went away to train to become a vet but left after a couple of years as she prefe
Jeannie
Mar 03, 2015 Jeannie rated it really liked it
Shelves: mantano
I always enjoy 2nd chances at love. Wolf and Abby practically grew up together since Abby was his sister's best friend. However, Wolf broke Abby's heart and it's been 6 years. Abby has since grown up and moved on choosing to be a horse whisperer. Despite it being 6 years, the Olsens and Abby's parents are still tiptoeing around her when it comes to Wolf. And it seems that Wolf is back in town.

An unexpected situation with Bullet, Wolf's horse came up resulted in Wolf seeking Abby's help. As they
Anita
Mar 06, 2015 Anita rated it really liked it
Broken hearted by her best friend’s brother, Abby Macready has supposedly moved on; until she comes face to face again. Wolf knew he broke Abby’s heart many years ago. He had his reasons. Reasons he couldn’t share even with his kid sister.

Dances With Wolf’s title is a clever wordplay on a big movie title. That made me smile. I felt the plot and story were mostly realistic. The supporting relationships were also nice. The interaction between the two main characters was the right kind of balance
Denise Van plew
Mar 08, 2015 Denise Van plew rated it really liked it
This is my first time reading this author and it was what was to be found inside that drew my attention. This is a second chance time for these two with neither expecting it I do believe. Having her heart crumbled by him in the past Abby now is asked by Wolf to help him with his horse who seems to have a problem that thanks to her ability with horses. Since she is also his sister's best friend this will keep him on his toes because also everyone remembers what happened in the past. Secrets thoug ...more
Angel Hatfield
Mar 11, 2015 Angel Hatfield rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, reviews
**I received an ARC for this story in exchange for an honest review**
Abby Macready was better at horse talk than talking to people, especially men. Three days ago, Jesse Olsen called her about his new mare. Bridget, Jesse's oldest daughter, was Abby's oldest friend. Jess and his wife Karen, were equally close to Abby's parents. Abby wanted to stay clear of Wolf, the Olsen's son, as he had already hurt her when she was younger. Bridget still held a grudge against Wolf for hurting her best friend.
Cheryl Sanders
Mar 18, 2015 Cheryl Sanders rated it it was amazing
Abby Macready is a horse whisperer. She's had the hots for her best friends brother, Wolf Olsen, since she was a teenager. Wolf had broken Abby's heart six years ago in high school and after letting her down by doing it again, he'll have to come up with an outrageously romantic grand gesture to ask her for another chance. Will Abby give Wolf a second chance or will that be one too many?

Love cowboys and horse whisperers are pretty amazing. This is a heartbreaking, sweet romance with beautiful hor
Anna Lenhart
Mar 09, 2015 Anna Lenhart rated it really liked it
This was a pleasant read that featured Wolf and Abbi. They were high school friends, and he broke her heart when he canceled their date tot the prom. They grow apart as he left to compete in the rodeo, to support his family and she graduated high school and went to college. Fast forward a few years, Abbi has dropped out of vet school to become a homeopathic horse whisper/therapist who lives at home and Wolf is a rodeo star struggling with injuries and a sick horse. Fate brings them together, and ...more
Samantha
This book was a quick read that was filled with sweet and hot moments. Wolf and Abby have had feelings for each other since they were young, things just didn't work out well for either of them. Life seemed to always get in the way and Wolf's inability to communicate put things off for quite a while

Now he's back in town, can he finally have his chance with Abby? That's all she wanted. Just to have him although she knows her heart can't take another break like so long ago. After giving up her car
Kelley Schmidt
Mar 13, 2015 Kelley Schmidt rated it liked it
This is a quick read and a good story line. However, there is something about men like Wolf that makes me wish the heroine would find someone else for their happily ever after. I loved all the other characters especially Bridget and Abby's mom. But, I did not like Wolf. For one thing, who would actually name their child "Wolf"? When I read the blurb, I had assumed it was a nickname but sadly, it wasn't. I also felt Wolf never seemed to treat Abby more like a sister than someone he was interested ...more
Allie
Mar 17, 2015 Allie rated it liked it
Overall, I enjoyed this. I'm not a big one for "western" type books, but this kept my interest more than I expected. I liked that Abby blazed her own path and was definitely a strong female character. I wish that the book had explored her heritage a little bit more-- especially since it seemed like her adoption was pretty open-- she had to know about her past and be a little curious. There was just enough information about her background for me to want more.

I kept going back and forth on if I l
Lori
Mar 07, 2015 Lori rated it really liked it
Such a sweet book. I loved Abby's character. For such a young woman, she was very strong, independent and knew what she wanted. I enjoyed her interactions with the horses. So soothing. Then there was Wolf. Hello cowboy! I was thinking about their situation, how he stood her up years ago and left her. She believes she has.moved on and I think she has to the point that it is out of sight out of mind. But as I have experienced in my own life, when that person reenters your life, it can totally mess ...more
Michelle (Adventure in Bookland)
Like I always say I enjoy reading Entangled Bliss books, but I feel as though as this was on the verge of being a different genre. It was a sweet book, but there were more scenes that were not as clean as they usually are. There were a lot more sexual innuendos in this book, but still didn’t get graphic. The one time it started to, it ended quickly.
This was also not one of my favorite Bliss books, for some reason I was unable to connect to the characters as much as I would have and I caught mys
Patricia
Mar 04, 2015 Patricia rated it really liked it
what a sweet, endearing story.
Wolf walked away from Abby the day of his prom. There were extenuating circumstances that was beyond his ability to share yet he left her without word or explaination.
Now years later he comes home and has to face Abby and feelings that never left.
Wolf is a fantastic character with a strong sense of family.
Abby is smart, strong with a passion for animals....especially horses.
When Wolf reappears, she finds she still can't resist him and old feelings rise up.
Can a ho
Bette Hansen
Feb 25, 2015 Bette Hansen rated it it was amazing
Loved this book!! A hot rugged cowboy, a horse whisperer, and an unrequited teenage crush and broken heart all make for a great reunion story that sizzles with chemistry. Wolf Olsen let home suddenly without ever having the chance to let Abby McCready know how he really feels. But all of that was years ago and as his sisters best friend she is off limits!

Abby never understood why Wolf left without a goodbye but all that's water under the bridge. Now if her stupid heart would just get on board wi
Isha Coleman
Mar 05, 2015 Isha Coleman rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads

Opposites attract. I have heard that saying many times. Never has it been more true than when describing the characters within this story. I received an ARC of Dances with Wolf by Farrah Taylor for an honest review. Two unique people developing feelings that they aren't sure how to respond to. Do they act on them and destroy a lifelong relationship or do they ignore them and miss out on the love of a lifetime? A cute story about the wonders of love.
Brittany
Feb 22, 2015 Brittany rated it really liked it
I received this from Netgalley/ Entangled publishing in exchange for an honest review. This is a contemporary romance tale set in the rodeo world. It is a really good story and surprisingly very clean. If you are looking for steam this is not the book for you. I just wanted to know what thy actually did all night. It was a pretty awesome to read and see how the relationship grows. I loved the scene at the end it was pretty romantic.
Nicole Smith
Mar 02, 2015 Nicole Smith rated it really liked it
One of my favorite troupes best friend's brother/ sister's best friend. I really loved the characters in this book. What's not to like about Wolf the rodeo cowboy. Abby and Wolf have a second chance after Wolf make probably the most regrettable decision long ago. Problem is can Abby have the courage to trust Wolf to do what's right especially when most everyone is set against them to being together. See if Wolf can woo Abby and prove everyone wrong.
books4me
Mar 10, 2015 books4me rated it really liked it
Abby has been in love with Wolf since she was young. When he asked her to the prom, she was over the moon and then he cancelled without an explanation and broke her heart. Many years later, she's moved back home to work as a horse whisperer. Wolf is home from the rodeo for Abby's father's party. He has been in love with Abby for years but knows he's messed up in the past. This was a sweet read.
Shanice Singh
Mar 17, 2015 Shanice Singh rated it it was amazing
This was a quick and sweet read. The plotline was intriguing, the characters were real and relatable and the writing was great.
I found no flaws in reading this book(yes, I was THAT impressed) and would not mind reading it again.
There's a bit of a mystery, there's romance, there's complications and happy moments. What more could you want in a novel?
Chrissy
Mar 11, 2015 Chrissy rated it it was amazing
OMG what a great book, this is a must read... I Really enjoyed it... That is all I am willing to say, so you have to get it.... It will hook you from the first page......

I received this book, from Net Galley in exchange for a honest review!
Farrah Taylor recently celebrated her tenth anniversary as a first-grade homeroom teacher in the Lake County, Montana public school system. Farrah, who earned her master’s degree in Early Childhood Education and Child Development at Montana State University in Bozeman, is a fiction junkie who strives to instill in her students a lifelong love of reading.

Farrah is thrilled to be publishing her firs
More about Farrah Taylor...