Start by marking “Rushing the Goal (Assassins, #11)” as Want to Read:
Rushing the Goal (Assassins, #11)

Rushing the Goal

(Nashville Assassins #11)

Introduced in Toni Aleo’s Bellevue Bullies Series, it’s the Sinclair brothers’ big sister’s turn to find love in the next installment of the New York Times and USA Today best-selling series, the Assassins.

Lucy Sinclair was no stranger to pain.

She grew up with three younger brothers, met a bad boy, got pregnant by him, married him, and then suffered through a nasty divorce
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 400 pages
Published March 28th 2016 by Toni Aleo Books

To ask other readers questions about Rushing the Goal, please sign up.
Nancy The book junkie I don't know for the guy but the girl is Lucy, the sister of the Sinclair brothers from the Bellevue bullies series!

Christy
Apr 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 stars!

photo 262AF797-F3B5-4505-A3CC-4085B18C9311_zpsy5krfcgq.jpg

Rushing the Goal is the 8th book in Toni Aleo’s Assassin’s series. No matter how many books I read about these Assassin hockey players, I never tire of reading about them. This book was even better because it felt like a crossover book. If you’ve read the Bellevue Bullies series, you know all about the Sinclairs. I was happy to see so much of them in this book, along with all my favorite Assassin’s family.

Lucy Sinclair is a single mom with a past she isn’t proud of. Her ex-husband is
NiCoLeTa E.
Mar 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
***4 "Just a hug!" stars from me***

This story was amazing!!!
It was funny as hell, very emotional, angsty at times and i enjoyed it very much!!!

Lucy was a bitter bitch and Benji was an awkard huge dude but they were fitting so great together...
Add to this equation a lovely, smartass little girl and a huge bunch of Sinclair family and you will have the time of your life!!!

To be honest with you, I didn't know the "Assassins" before this book, but i'm lusting over Sinclair brothers in the "Bellevu
• Lisa •
Mar 13, 2016 rated it liked it
THREE BENJI PAXTON STARS.

"Finding each other gave them direction, a chance at a future."

description

Toni Aleo must be crowned the queen of a hockey romance by now, Surely? If there is anyone who knows how to build a family of books and characters in a series then this is the author. The assassins series has been a favourite sports romance series of mine since way back when I first started to read e-books and even though this book didn't win any top spots for my reading tastes, it was still a well likeable
Joëlle
Mar 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
*** ARC kindly provided by the publisher Season Publishing and the author, via NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review. ***

This is the story of Benji, Lucy and Angie. Lucy fell in love young, had a baby and a nasty marriage ending in an ugly divorce. She already has to deal with her horrible ex Rick when their sweet little girl Angie visits him and doesn't want a new man in their life. Just like her uncles Angie wants to play Hockey. She soon has Hockey player Benji wrapped around her little
Denisa
I have to say I'm surprised! Toni Aleo wrote something that didn't make me want to throw my kindle off the window!

I dunno why I keep reading her books, I know I won't like them.
Normally, this book would get 2, maybe 2.5 stars. It was that "meh" kind of book that pissed me off but not bad enough to dislike it completely and then it had some stuff that I actually enjoyed, but again, not enough to say I actually really liked this book.

Still, if you liked her previous books, you'll like this one a l
Ezinwanyi
This novel had all the things that I enjoy, single and damaged people, children, sports and romance. Lucy Sinclair had a ten-year-old Angie and she was struggling. Her heart has been so damaged by the men she chose to be in relationships with, that Lucy was jaded and bitter. When Lucy signs Angie up for Hockey, she wasn’t prepared for the gorgeous Hockey coach who was substituting for Lucy’s brother.

Benji Paxton agreed to teach hockey as a favor for Lucy’s brother, and had been warned that Lucy
Becca - Wicked Quests of a BookNinja

5 and a million stars!

Shoo, heart, stop beating so fast! OMG. This book is my everything. Every-freakin-thing. Just addressed my poor soul. With this story, Toni Aleo is absolutely on the top! I think it's one of my best reads of this year. Just sayin'.

So, I loved the Bellevue Bullies series but I didn't read a book in THIS series. But when I saw the blurb, saw this story will be about Lucy - my favorite Sinclair(hush) - I screamed. Like really.
I started t
Irene
Mar 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 stars

I really enjoyed Rushing the Goal.

Right from the beginning I fell in love with Benji, he was a sweet, fun, a little nerdy, honest and had the biggest heart, loved him.
I loved how he knew from the moment he first saw Lucy she was his forever, this man knew what he wanted and no amount of drama was going to stop him from going after what his heart wanted.

description

Lucy took a little while for me to warm up to. I found her a little too hard on her friends & family. While I understood she wanted to
Lu Bielefeld *read.laugh.love*
Mar 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorite-author, arc
ARC received via Netgalley for honest review.
Review in Portuguese and English.
------------------------
Gostei muito e achei uma história que somou muito à série. Os personagens são muito carismáticos e amei a heroína.
O heróis é um fofo e tem uma interação muito legal com as crianças e uma alma gentil e amável.
A heroína com sua cara amarrada e má atitude é cheia de charme e me cativou desde o início.
Fiquei torcendo pelo casal desde as primeiras páginas do livro e realmente não larguei até chegar a
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and the Crazy)
Polly
Mar 28, 2016 added it
Shelves: arc, dnf
*arc provided by Netgalley for honest review*

Dnf at 15%. No rating

I tried but really I was annoyed before chapter 1 and it put me off the whole book. I couldn't get into it.

Allyson ☘️
Aug 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
FAVORITE!! FAVORITE!! FAVORITE!!
I need Benji to be real.. So sweet and dorky. I loved him!
✿kawehi.reviews
Mar 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
☆ I received an ARC via Toni's representative in exchange for an honest review. Thank you! ☆

Benji was one of those genuine, all around good guys that you want as your boyfriend. He's kind, handsome, athletic, and possesses a heart of pure gold.

His openness and acceptance of Lucy and her daughter, Angie, was truly heartfelt and amazing. It's not an every day reaction any normal guy would have to automatically want to pursue
a single mother who happens to be the sister of one of his teammates. Not
Rebecca
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Boy can Toni Aleo craft a story that totally consumes her readers, allowing us to see every facet of the plot unfold naturally, not rushing actions to speed up the timeframe and not making the characters act or feel a certain way until they’re ready.

With a story like Lucy and Benji's, there's a lot of baggage to sift through, and Lucy has to be able to get out of her own head in order to give him a chance. Nothing's easy about the situation they find themselves in, but Benji knows that Lucy and
Heroesinbooks
I love The Assassins Series and The Bellevue Bullies . Each book focuses on a different couple and there are lots of opportunities to catch up with previous characters. This one puts together Lucy Sinclair - eldest sister of the legendary Sinclair Hockey Brothers , with Benji Paxton who is a rather yummy, sweet hockey player with a tragic past. Lucy is a feisty , loyal and love jaded single mum. Could Benji be the man to win her heart?
I liked this book very much. Why not 5 stars? Benji was gorg
Tammy
Mar 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
All I can say is that this book left me speechless at times, laughing out loud at times, and crying at other times...... BUT it was FREAKING AMAZING!!!! A must read..

ARC provided by NetGalley for an honest review.
Kim
Jul 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
4/4.5 stars
I love the Assassins and the Bellevue Bullies series and in this one we get both!

Lucy Sinclair is a lonely, tired, single mom who has lived with hockey her whole life due to her brother Jude, Jace, and Jayden. She is feisty, moody, prickly stubborn, and difficult. She has serious trust issues after being burned by the men in her life. Her main focus is her daughter, Angie.

Benji Paxton is also a lonely man suffering from guilt due to his tragic past and unable to move on. He has been
Jackie  Kiwibooknerd
Aug 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Advanced Readers Copy courtesy of Publisher via Netgalley....:)

WOW!!!!! I honestly think this may very well be my favorite book in the entire series..... I loved every single minute of it....In my personal opinion Toni Aleo knocked this one out the park!!!!

I have kind of wanted Lucy's story ever since we were introduced to her in the Bellvue Bullies series. There was just something about her that made you want to know more about the single mother, who was not only snarky and mean, but also carr
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
Apr 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-s
At first, I wasn't sure this book would work for me. Lucy was SO closed off that I felt she would never open up enough to deserve Benji. He was this perfect, yet tragic, man and Lucy was just so MEAN. But, Aleo did a good job allowing her to open up slowly. What made this book for me? Benji and Angie! Those two are a-dork-able! I felt the pace of the book was a little slow though.
Elizabeth Clinton
Mar 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I can't believe this is Book Eight in The Assassin's Series but really this series continues to get more incredible with each new book. Toni Aleo has touched so many emotions in this book that at times you will be laughing out loud, reaching for the tissues and even say WTH.
We meet once again Lucy Sinclair sister of Jude,Jace and newly Captain Jayden Sinclair. She is a single Mom to the most adorable little girl Angie has her own business but really is not living the life that she should cause
Cassie  R. (cassie-loves-reading)
I received this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review:

I must say I did really enjoy this book even though my rating for it isn't the highest. I have read several of Toni Aleo's book before (all from the same series) and I do enjoy them. They have independent female characters and hot hockey players so what's there not to love? So even though this wasn't my favorite of the series it was a good book. Lucy and Benji have a wonderful (and hot) relationship and Angie is so cute I just
McGee Magoo
Giving this a DNF at 51%. It's been weeks and weeks and weeks and I just can't get into it. This is definitely a case of 'it's not you, it's me'. There's no reason why I shouldn't like it, no reason why I shouldn't at least be able to power through, but I just can't. *Shrug*
Kay
Pages: 513
Heat Level: 3 out of 4 flames
Overall Star Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Reviewed by Kay the Snitch Bitch

Life can change in an instant. Our decisions, good or bad, can cause us so much heartache or happiness. When you make a really shit decision that causes you to lose all you hold dear, what do you do? Enter Benji Paxton, pro hockey player. He's talented, just made the pro hockey world, has a great wife, p
Jessica Moro
Mar 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing

This is the eighth book in the Assassins series and I’m going to have to go ahead and say it’s my favorite! This is my go-to hockey series that just keeps getting better and better! This isn’t just a hockey team; this is a close-knit group of people that have become family. With each book spotlighting a particular couple, Toni Aleo doesn’t fail to give you updates and insight into the lives of the previous characters — even all the way back to book one. That said, each book can be read as a stan
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Mar 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sports, 2016
I think Hockey romance books are becoming my favorite! Lucy Sinclair is a no nonsense woman who has been burned one too many times and is done with men. That is until Benji walks into her life. Benji steps in to help Lucy's daughter get ready for her first hockey practice when Angie's uncle can't make it. Benji is immediately attracted to Lucy despite the back off vibes she is shooting his way. After helping Angie with her first practice, he's hooked on the two of them. Neither Lucy nor Benji ha ...more
Starla
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have been waiting, sometimes not so patiently for Lucy's story. I have always wanted to get to know Lucy and Angie and I loved every bit of learning about them. I wasn't sure how Lucy and Benji would work especially after their first meeting but I was pleasantly surprised. Even through the lowest of downs I knew that they would be great when they got it all together. Lucy had such a bad experience with her ex (Angie's dad) and then her own dad with how he treated her mom. I was concerned how s ...more
Jill M
Aug 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hot-athletes
This book had all the emotions. I laughed, I cried, I swooned and I got angry. I got angry a lot. Rick Hart was a total douche I wanted to nut punch. I hope he dies a slow death.

From the moment I met Lucy Sinclair in the Bellevue Series I knew there was something under all that sass and bitch face. She just needed the perfect man to knock down those walls and love her. Benji Paxton was that man. He is the most sweetest man alive. He is a trillion times better man than Rick the Dick.

This book had
Logan Hr
Feb 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm giving this book a hat trick and the Stanley cup.. because this book was just simply amazing and beautiful! I fell in love with Lucy from the moment I met her in Jude's book because of her strength and determination from the very beginning.. Yes she is very rough around the edges, but the reasons why she is are totally understandable.. Then we meet Angie man I've never loved a kid in a book so much as much as I did Angie!! what a little sweetheart!! I loved her sense of humor, her talks with ...more
Sue
Jan 02, 2016 rated it liked it
Loved the story line and love love loved the heroine and hero BUT I don't know if I somehow missed in the other books of this series that the author was a bible thumper or if she just found Jesus or what but honestly I don't need to be reminded every five seconds that this family loves God and Jesus. Plenty of other romances have religious characters without throwing it in the readers face over and over again. It's really off putting.
Jamie C
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: single-parent
Oh my goodness I absolutely loved this book! I rarely like books when one of the mc's has a dead ex, but it truly didn't bother me in this book. Half the time, I forgot there even was a dead ex. I feel that even when the H said he would always love his ex and his daughter, the h and her daughter were never second best. It was very well done, in my opinion. I adored both the H and the h, especially the H ;) and the way Benji was with Angie was so cute. Ahh I just loved this book!
  • Double Major (Portland Storm, #4.5)
  • Faceoff (Heller Brothers, #2)
  • Risky Business (Bomb Squad #1)
  • Goalie Interference (NHL Scorpions, #2)
  • Power Play (New York Blades, #7)
  • Lucas (Cold Fury Hockey, #8)
  • Slap Shot (Hot Ice, #3)
  • Forward Passes (Seattle Lumberjacks, #2)
  • The Winning Season (Feeling the Heat, #2)
My name is Toni Aleo, and I’m a #PredHead, #sherrio, #potterhead, and part of the #familybusiness!
I am also a wife to my amazing husband, mother of a gamer and a gymnast, and also a fur momma to Gaston el Papillion.
While my beautiful and amazing Shea Weber has been traded from my Predators, I’m still a huge fan. But when I’m not cheering for him, I’m hollering for the whole Nashville Predators sin

Nashville Assassins (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Taking Shots (Assassins, #1)
  • Trying to Score (Assassins, #2)
  • Empty Net (Assassins, #3)
  • Blue Lines (Assassins, #5)
  • Breaking Away (Assassins, #6)
  • Laces and Lace (Assassins, #7)
  • Wanting to Forget (Assassins, #9)
  • Overtime (Assassins, #10)
  • Face-Off at the Altar (Assassins, #12)
  • Delayed Call (Assassins, #13)
“...we're waiting until we can drink legally before we add in another.” 2 likes