Start by marking “Girl Incredible (Kit MacLean #1)” as Want to Read:
Girl Incredible (Kit MacLean #1)

Girl Incredible (Kit MacLean #1)

Her CIA bosses think she’s the bomb. Kitalia Ore is positive of that fact.

Okay, fine. Kitten MacLean. And they’re her parents, but it’s so much more fun to imagine them the other way around. And J.J., her MI6 contact? He’s in love with her. Doesn’t matter that her closest confidant, Jimmy Jones, hasn’t spoken a word to her since first grade.

Everyone at school adores her,
Paperback
Published February 16th 2015 by Purely Paranormal Press (first published February 15th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Girl Incredible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Girl Incredible

Start your review of Girl Incredible (Kit MacLean #1)
N.N. Light
This book confused me from the start and it was unclear until almost halfway through what was going on. Conflicting POVs annoyed me. Is she a spy or just a teenager living in a fantasy world? I don't want to put in spoilers here so I will just say this: while the premise is solid, the execution was less than perfect. I did enjoy the anti-bullying message and young women will find this a fun adventure.

My Rating: 3 stars
Amy
Feb 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It's 2 a.m. and I just finished "Girl Incredible"!!!!! Incredible indeed! Nothing was as important to me as finishing this book.. I just couldn't stop or let go of it! I love Kit! She's so amazing and courageous and a true inspiration of beauty and strength with a side of kick butt awesome! The storyline is fantastic and I think a lot of readers (myself included) can relate to it on some level! It really sheds light on cyber bullying and the pressures one might endure from others. I really love ...more
Melissa Ogletree
Feb 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received this book for an honest review. Patti Larsen has done it again! Kitten MacLean is a high school junior with a unique view on the world. Highly intelligent and sweet but lost in her own little dream world half the time where she's the butt-kicking, take names later, CIA operative Kitalia Ore! It's a fun world were people from her real life become alter egos too for instance her Mom and Dad are her CIA handlers M and D. Her hot MI6 counterpart JJ is her silent supporter Jimmy Jones in r ...more
Tina
Jul 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
Kitten MacLean is such an endearing character. Her corky behavior and eccentric clothing make her a target for snickers and ridicule but Kit doesn't let it get her down. She smiles and sees only the good in people even when most people would shy away and hide. She has such a wonderful imagination and has created an alter ego that allows her to keep her sunny disposition while being one tough cookie. I love that about her.

Her inner strength and kindness just touched my heart. I even cried when s
Maureen
Jan 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Evident by reading Girl Incredible, the main character Kit also known as Kitalia (Kit's alter ego / imagined self) has a future of storyline possibilities.

This book is different than Patti Larsen's Hayle Coven series. Yet her ability to weave a compelling story rich with intriguing characters and descriptive scenes so real, you are spell bound. Unable to put the book down until its completion.

In the beginning of this book it did take me a bit to realize when I was reading in Kit's reality, or h
Nicole Bannister
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I Enjoyed everything about this book there was nothing I didn't like about the book. I Like the setting, the writing style,the plot,the plot twists and the characters in the book were amazing.I would reread this again.
Joanne MacNevin
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I finally found time to sit and read Girl Incredible and I really loved it! What a great book! :)
Cherri-Anne
Feb 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Entertaining but… 3 stars

This is a hard review for me to do. In fact, it has been over a week that I have been warring with myself on whether to review it or not! I thought if I did do my review and mention the things that were bothering me, then maybe I could help others be prepared for the twists & turns that I did not see coming, nor did I EXPECT them! Had I been aware of it all, then maybe, no, FOR SURE I would have enjoyed this book further and it would have had a higher rating. First off,
Patricia
Feb 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing

First off I have to say I love Patti Larsen. She has taken me places where I never knew I would go. Yes she has done it again with Kit . Kit is a spunky high school girl and she also is brilliant. When thing go wrong she goes to her fantasy world of Kitalia a CIA operative with a physic ability. When she stumbles upon a mystery at school . Will she come out of her fantasy world and not back down from the arch enemy. Well don't count Kit out she may surprise you .

I fell in love with Kit from t
Karen
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was ok
First I must preface this review by stating that I have read an eARC copy of "Girl Incredible" and have not ready the final released version. That being said, I think my review would remain the same had I read the final version.

I was very excited with the opening of the novel. There are not many female spy characters to fall in love with. But as the chapters went on and I realized that the "spy scenes" were merely fantasies of an 11th grader, I became disappointed. Mostly due to the abrupt chang
Evelyne
Feb 24, 2015 marked it as to-read
patti Larsen is a very multi talented writer. Whatever she writes about is always very captivating and enjoyable, February 19, 2015
By grandbub (Montreal,Canada)
This review is from: Girl Incredible (Kit MacLean Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I received this book as an arc for giving my honest opinion. It is a well written book, and Patti Larsen in her inimitable ways jumps right into the life of Kitty Maclean and her alter ego Kitalia, CIA agent. this is the way our main character deals with being bulli
Shana
Feb 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Pre-teens, teens & adults who enjoy well written YA
As with all of Patti Larsens books, the writing is wonderfuI did receive an ARC of this book in exchange for my honest reviewl ~ crisp, well paced, and compels you to keep reading past the point of your eyes protesting being propped open, when they really want to flutter shut for the night!

However, it took a large chunk (roughly 30%) of the book to get a real feel for the story as the flips between Kit & Kitalia were sometimes unclear and lead to a fair amount of confusion.**

I struggled a bit wi
Patti
Apr 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have had many books in my life that have inspired me, but today I can honestly say that no other book such as Girl Incredible has inspired and touched me in a way I have never felt with a book. For once in my life, there is a character in which I can relate to on so many levels. And that is all thanks to Patti Larsen and her incredible girl, Kit Maclean.

By day, Kit is just an (very smart) ordinary junior in high school, by night a psychic CIA agent named Kitalia Ore. Or at least that is what
Rebecca
Jan 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Girl Incredible is an imaginatively written book that explores a hot topic in this day and age. The main character, Kitty, is your normal high school kid who has found an escape from reality, for various reasons that are artfully produced during the story. You are introduced bit by bit as to what is really going on until the whole puzzle picture is completed as a whole. Its the "Ah ha!" moment when it all clicks together and you realize what has been going on. You may think you understand it, ye ...more
Bella Doerres
Feb 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Girl Incredible by Patti Larsen

Kitten MacLean loves living in her fantasy world. It is her escape where she can be the person she would really like to be, Kitalia. Kitalia fears nothing and is a strong psychic that can help save the world. Kitalia is based on her favorite book character Grace Grant a super teen detective. Kitten is starting her new school year in 11th grade and is excited to get back to school. What she hasn’t counted on is running right into the path of the school bully. Deali
Shelley Jarin
Feb 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received the ARC copy for an honest review and i just have to say that this is the first book from Patti Larsen that i have read and will probably look for her other books to be included in my TBR list.

It took me awhile to realize that Kitalia is Kit's fantasy self. There are a couple of moments when the transitions from Kit to Kitalia is confusing but i like the storyline as this is happening in reality & people needs to be aware of either cyber bullying or the real life bullying that happens
Arlene Mullen
Feb 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Kit MacLean is a junior in high school genius. She is funny and always wants to be friends with everyone. When she notices the new girl is falling in with the wrong crowd, she needs to help. She uncovers so much more than the naked eye can see.
The only thing that I wasn't fond of was not being able to tell when it was her or her alter egos story. I had to re read a few sections a few times to make sure that I knew what was going on.
I love her and her alter ego. I loved how she stood up to the bu
Kim Korbecki
Shelves: patti
Patti Larsen is a wonderful author, and this book was as entertaining as the 20+ books by her I've read so far. The main character(s) of this book are engaging and witty, and strong and self-assured, and as you slowly begin to comprehend what is actually going on in their lives, you love them even more and wish you could pull them through the book and give hugs all around! This book slowly builds and keeps you guessing and wondering as you turn each page. Ms. Larsen did a wonderful job keeping i ...more
Darcy Fairbanks
Feb 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Kit is my new favorite heroine!! This 'Girl Incredible' is truly "Incredible". A junior in high school, Kit Maclean takes you through the joys (and heartbreaks) of modern day high school experiences. Kit's imagination runs wild (influenced by a series of books her sister got her hooked on at a younger age), when it comes to problem solving, so when Kit sees a new girl at school being bullied, she decides to try to become her friend. Patti Larsen weaves this tale beautifully, and really brings th ...more
Kristen
Feb 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC from the author in exchange for my honest review. This book was very different from what I expected and took me a while to get into it but once I did I really enjoyed it. Bullying is such a problem in our society and this book talks to that by showing that by stepping in when someone is bullying someone else is the right thing to do and you should even consider yourself a "superhero" since it is the right thing to do. Kit has quite the different perspective of her world and in ...more
Cheryl Lee
Jan 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
I honestly wasn't sure about this book when I started reading it. Much, much different from Ms. Larsen's books that I've read prior to this one. However, knowing how much I have loved each of her stories, I persevered and was so happy I did. That part of this story is purely the main character's imagination took me aback at first but it works so well for telling her tale and understanding her better. I enjoyed this book but I think Ms. Larsen's Syd will always be my favorite of her characters.

I
Aret
Feb 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*I received this book in exchange for an honest review

I LOVED this book. I wasn't quite sure what to expect when I started but I love Patti Larsen and her creativity, that I knew this would be great.

This was a very empowering story, one not to take lightly..one to see all of it and what bullying can do to people.

I loved getting to know Kit and her alter ego. The way Patti intertwined the two was incredible and flowed so well. Her writing style captures your imagination and throws you right in t
Tracy Riva
Feb 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult, bullying
I really, really liked this book that deals with bullying on a grand scale. I also loved Kit's mental alert ego, Kitalia. She was as fun and interesting as Kit was.
The storyline was interesting, and for the most part true to life. The only thing I didn't like was the ending, which while good, seemed a bit overblown.
I would recommend this book to teens and even young adults. It is interesting, fun and a relatively quick read.

* I received a copy of this book in return for my honest and frank revie
Sheila Moore
Jan 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Teens and young adults.
Recommended to Sheila by: Recieved a free copy for an honest review.
Did not quite know what to make of this story when I started reading it- however the story pulled me in and I finished it in an evening!!! I liked Kit's optimism but I did want to shake her and tell her to wise up a few times!! The flow of the story between her actual life and her alternate life worked seamlessly and was really well written.I loved her solution to the problem in the end!!
I might add that I recieved a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Lyn Fox
Feb 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Kit is certainly a different character for Patti. But thats not a bad thing. Kit/Kitalia is very well-developed, quirky and easy to like. The blend of reality and fantasy is smooth and integral to the storyline. Tackling the topic of bullying is so timely in today's world. So glad to have a new series to read as we wait for Sydlynn Hayle's return.

I was fortunate to receive an ARC copy for my honest review.
Kirstin Lund
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to have an advance copy of GIRL INCREDIBLE, and have just this minute finished it. Amazing. So good. An empowering read in this age of cyber-shaming. I love Patti Larsen's mind and I really don't want to wait to see what Kit MacLean does next. Luckily this is Patti Larsen we're talking about there, and I know I won't have to wait long.
Julie Affleck
Jan 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I hate doing 5 stars for every one of Patti Larsens books but I can't help it! They don't show more stars! I love Kit, she is incredible, and I really liked the other characters too. Kit is so different and everything she did surprised me. Wow!
I received a copy of GIRL INCREDIBLE from the author for an honest review.
Angie Bartley
Jan 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Patti Larsen has done it again. Kit is a remarkable girl and offers readers a glimpse into what goes on in high schools around the world. Kit's attitude is wonderful and really love her take on life. She never lets anything get her down for long and she never lets anything keep her down. A must read for anyone with teenagers and anyone who loves a good read.
Elizabeth Cuthbert
Feb 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous read, absolutely loved Kit's rose tinted view at times and all her own story telling with not just her alter ego Kitalia but the fact Kitalia's bosses M and D were alter egos for her parents, a story within a story. Not at all what I was expecting after reading all the Hayle Coven series followed by Run, but I loved every minute and couldn't put it down.
Shelley Preston
Feb 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Although this book is different to Patti's other books it was a huge success for me. I couldnt put it down and I am now awaiting another Kit / Kitalia book. The twists and turns of the book left me guessing and thinking where this would end up. Another triumph Patti keep on writing more about Kit please

• Boy-Crazy Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #8)
  • Disillusioned (Stan Turner, #9)
  • Collecting Secrets (Friends & Lovers, #1)
  • Words for Anna: A Second Chance at First Love
  • Marked for Darkness
  • The Boy Who Dreamt the World (The Daydreamer Chronicles, #1)
  • Main Street (Providence Island Book 1)
  • Uncanny Valley (Uncanny Valley, #1)
  • I Know You
  • Standing Our Ground
  • Joe Coffin, Season One
  • The House of Twelve (The Houses of Penance, #1)
  • Death on the Strip (Death Card #1)
  • Natir Whitebridge
  • Retribution (Jason Conrad Thriller #1)
  • Beautiful Chaos (Caster Chronicles, #3)
  • Cupid F*cks Up (Ruth Roth #2)
  • After Hope Dies
I write a lot of paranormal books for someone who is afraid of the dark. And I wonder why I have to sleep with the lights on. Sometimes life is a teenaged B horror movie and I'm the one who investigates when the scary music is playing. But the voices are calling and resistance is… Yes. I am a Star Trek geek, too. And a fan of RPG’s. With a slight coolness factor since I've been told I'm allowed to ...more