Start by marking “Hush Hush #1” as Want to Read:
Hush Hush #1

Hush Hush #1

Fifty Shades of Grey meets Revenge in this tantalizing new series about a young woman who’s willing to do anything in the name of vengeance.

Something terrible happened to April Morrison when she was eleven years old. When she returns home to New Orleans fourteen years later as “Sophia,” she has only one word on her mind: revenge. She’s got her eye on Charles and Barbara
Kindle Edition
Published February 10th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Hush Hush #1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hush Hush #1

Start your review of Hush Hush #1
ღFloღ the coffee addict
2-2.5 well that wasn't for me STARS

*sigh*

So, the premise for Hush Hush was Fifty Shades meets Revenge! And yes, I'm a glutton for punishment, and not the right kind of punishment...unfortunately.
I have this problem where cliché romance tropes just absolutely speak to me and then I feel sorry for myself when it doesn't turn out too well.

Let's just say Liam is in no Christian Grey (I rated those books very poorly as well, so that's not saying much) and April/Sophia is in no way as kick-ass as
Peek At My Book Review
Feb 22, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015, arc
Rating : 3.5 Stars

description

My Views : The fact that it’s 3.5 Stars doesn’t mean I didn’t enjoy it, it just mean that there are certain things that didn’t work for me. I devoured this book in one sitting and this being the author’s first book; I must say that she’s done a mighty great job. description I loved how she created suspense about what happened to Sophie’s parents and how far Liam’s parents had a hand in it. The way she was head bent upon revenging her parents’ arrest; it was like fuel slowly filling up a
☆ Sammy ☆彡
Mar 17, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: alpha-goodness
Since my feelings for this book were pretty mixed, I thought it would be best to list what did and didn't work for me. The blurb intrigued me and I thought this story had a lot of potential but there were aspects of the plot that just didn't work for me.

What I Liked
~ I actually enjoyed the writing style. The author kept me engaged and there was a nice flow to the story. There were a few spelling/grammatical errors but not enough to be distracting.

~ Liam! I thought he was charming, sexy, and
~Stéphanie's Journal~
2,5 star

This is so hard! This is so hard because I have to give an honest opinion on a book because an author came to me to ask me to review her book. And I don't want to be too brutal but hell the heroine is so dumb!!

description

April is on a mission to get revenge. Her parents are in jail and she blames one of the most powerful families in the city: The Hawthorne. And when she realize that she may have a chance with their son Liam, she doesn't hesitate long to give it a try.

My first problem with April
Melanie
Feb 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
3.5*s
Review posted here...
Hush Hush was an intriguing read in which we meet ‘Sophia’ the alter ego of April Morrison as she returns to New Orleans to seek revenge on those who ruined her life fourteen years previous. She has a mental list of all of those involved and along with her cousin, she has come up with a cunning plan to infiltrate New Orleans elite and show the world what liars they really are.
After striking up a conversation with a brooding,
1-Click Addict Support Group
Feb 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Sophia has returned to New Orleans on a mission to serve revenge on those that caused her world to crumble years ago. She's planned it for years and knows exactly whom to go after and nothing and no one will stop her from accomplishing it. As she sets her sights on those that have caused her pain, there is one thing she didn't count on… William Hawthorn.

William Hawthorn has been bred to take over the family business so he has no time for relationships, especially when most of the women only want
L.J (Lisa Jane)
Feb 20, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: series, gifted, arc
*ARR (Advance Reader Review) - copy provided as a gift in exchange for an honest review...

3.5
I liked the idea behind this story. A catchy dramatic plot with a side of romance.
The virgin and the millionaire with a dark side but it isn't like what you've read before.

It is dramatic but I wish there was more drama....I feel its coming though in book 2.

Check out my full review on my blog: http://wp.me/p54hW9-1us

Tracy Antonelli Manderson
Mar 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
will have a review up under Summers Book Blog.....
Lorraine Joy
Mar 23, 2015 rated it did not like it
Complimentary Review copy provided by author (Honest review, includes all my usual bias but nothing extra)

Not a good suspense and not a good romance so just not good

I read the first chapter of this book and I was intrigued. I got that Sophia/April had an ax to grind with the old wealthy family that had something to do with her parents downfall and that their son (Liam) was serving up hot sex on a platter. From that point, it was a straight downhill descent into one bad trip for me. I’m at the
Bloggers From Down Under
Feb 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
** Provided on behalf of the author for an honest review **

At the age of 11, everything was taken from her. Her parents, gone. Forced to move to Boston to live with her aunt. Her life will never be the same again.

Move fourteen years, three months, twenty-six days forward.

She has one thing in mind. Revenge. To seek out the ones that took everything from her and destroy them. Her target?

William Hawthorne. The son of the elite and rich Charles and Barbara Hawthorne.

You see to get to them she will
Tam Tam
Mar 25, 2015 rated it liked it
What is on top of the list? Revenge. April is learning the art of the con so she can exact revenge on the Hawthornes, the couple who ruined her life 14 years ago by sending her parents to jail. So now she is going by the name Sophie and is back in town to take them down. Then she meets Liam, the Hawthorne's son. Liam is intrigued by Sophie. Could this be her way in to carry out her plan? I enjoyed this book. It leaves you hanging a bit by the end and anxious for the next book. I want to see how ...more
Michelle
Jul 26, 2015 rated it did not like it
DNF I couldn't get into it.
Danielle ⚾️ (Danielle's Escape)

Being this was my first read from this author I had no idea what to expect, but I have to I enjoyed it and would totally pick up more!
Barb Chansky
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
What the heck did I just read?! The whole story is really not appealing. Why take revenge if you can actually prove your parents' innocence? Like, I don't know, private detective, project Innocence, a decent attorney, anything...the whole love story is pretty twisted, and the whole SandM reference is just extra...I know that everyone wants to cash in on 50 Shades deal, but 50 Shades was actually a pretty sweet story, despite the terrible writing style..this one is not..
Echo
Hush Hush is an intriguing debut from Anneliese Vandell. It's an ambitious mixing of Fifty Shades of Grey and Revenge, just like the synopsis says, but it's nicely it's own story. Sexy, mysterious, revenge-y, and intriguing - it's a fun, appealing, and easy read.

April wants revenge against the people who wronged her parents, and in turn - her. So when she returns to New Orleans, fourteen years later, she returns using the alias of Sophia. Trying to find an 'in' with the Hawthorne family, it's
Amy Shelton
Mar 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Anna, also known as Sophia, has lived a life of secrets, lies, deception, and confusion. Her parents were sent to jail for life for being con men, in which they pled guilty to their charges. Anna is hell bent on revenge against the people who “conspired” against her parents and treated them so poorly once their crimes came to light. Does Anna fully understand just how many people that might include? There are details to her parent’s case that aren’t clear to Anna, which could either open up her ...more
Lustful Literature
Apr 03, 2015 rated it liked it
**TARA'S 3.5 STAR REVIEW**

The blurb sucked me right in. Fifty Shades meets Revenge, who can pass that up.

April Morrison heads back to her home town of New Orleans with one thing in mind, Revenge, to right the wrongs of those who put both of her parents in jail when she was a child. What she did not plan for is meeting the son of the people she was out to get. When William (Liam) Hawthorne walks into her life she realizes that he could be used as leverage to finally pay back his parents for what
Tbird London
I am personally getting tired of the BDSM theme with nothing else to offer so you can imagine my excitement when I found this one to be more about revenge for the unjust wrongs a daughter believed was done to her parents. The suspense is strong in this story and her plots for revenge are not only realistic but down right brilliant. As an added bonus, the daughter seeking justice for her parents is not only a virgin but one of the most naïve women I have met and she is going to have to learn how ...more
Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers
When I read the synopsis and it says Fifty Shades of Grey meets Revenge I just had to have it. I am addicted to the show and love suspense in books and throw in a hot alpha male, yeah you got my attention.

April is back to her hometown of New Orleans to bring down the people that ruined her parents life and because of that, hers was changed forever too. Her parents are now in jail for crimes she doesn't believe they committed and she is ready to figured out the story behind the headlines of her
Feb 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This is the first in a new serial romance from Anneliese Vandell. If you’re a fan of the television show Revenge you’ll enjoy this story. I would say after finishing this first installment, there is definitely more suspense than erotica at this point, however, I would surmise it’s mostly because the details for rest of the story are being introduced.

Now in her twenties April Morrison is ready for vengeance against the people who put her parents in prison. As an 11 year old, her life was turned
Christie72
Intriguing, suspenseful, and a quick read! April Morrison lost her parents when she was just 11 years old. They aren’t dead; they are sitting in jail for crimes that April doesn’t believe they committed. She believes the rich, powerful Hawthorne family of New Orleans are responsible. Now, she’s all grown up and has a plan to make them pay and pay dearly. She’s created a new persona with a new name, “Sophia.” She just needs a way to infiltrate the family, and a golden opportunity has just been ...more
Ruth B
Feb 22, 2015 rated it liked it
Rating: 3.5 stars

"Revenge is a dish best served cold" but adding a little hot can be very satisfying as well. Hush Hush is a story about vengeance and learning the truth with an intense, dominant relationship in between.

April's parents were accused and found guilty of nasty crimes when she was only eleven. Fourteen years later she is now Sophia and revenge is her ultimate goal. She's sure the Hawthorn had something to do with her parents’ condemnation and is set to destroy them. However, she
Shaz X
Mar 04, 2015 rated it liked it
I was provided with a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

If you love your Alpha males who enjoy dominating their women, then this may be the book for you. Here are my thoughts on Hush Hush #1:-

Likes:

- It’s fast paced and is character driven. April’s plot for revenge on her parents incarceration is the driving force behind this story.
- The secondary characters are quite humourous as well as kind and caring which is what April needs at this time.
- April is hell-bent
C
Mar 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotica, favorites
**ARC Provided for Honest Review**

When you are asked to read a book and give a review, you never know what lies under the cover. I turned this cover and started reading and found myself pleasantly sucked into the story pretty quickly, and there wasn't any sex yet.

The story is about April Morrison (aka Sophia) who returns home to New Orleans after being gone for fourteen years. She has a mission on this trip, a mission of revenge. What she doesn't plan on is meeting a man named Liam Hawthorne.
Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews
Mar 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book came as quiet the surprise to me. I hadn't heard of it, until the author asked if I'd be willing to review it. After reading the summary I agreed. I mean it sounded very interesting to me. But I was sure what to expect exactly going into it. But it definitely wasn't what I read and I mean that in the best possible way. This book isn't just an BDSM book. This book also has a little bit of mystery and a little bit of suspense in it. In this one we really just get to know April and Liam.

Literary Lust
Mar 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a book we were contacted about, asking us to review it, luckily I had a few days break in between other scheduled reviews, or this Novella would have escaped me!

We have a girl, April, who’s Mum and Dad are taken away from her for living life on the con, forcing her to move away from everything she has ever known to stay with her Aunty.

To April, or Sophia as she will later be known, her parents were the best people ever and so with a little help from her cousin, she is now plotting
Tiffany
Feb 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Reviewed on Behalf of Give Me Books

The blurb for this book had me intrigued to say the least – 50 Shades meets Revenge. It was the perfect description and since I loved both of those, I couldn’t pass on this book. I am so glad that I didn’t!

We meet April, aka Sophia, a young woman returning to her hometown in New Orleans to seek revenge on those who wronged her parents. She is out for vengeance against the Hawthorns, the rich socialites who turned her parents in, and Judge Connelly, the judge of
Heather Ross
Mar 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put this book down. From the very beginning I was dragged into April/Sophia's story.

We see her at the beginning of the book, setting out on a revenge mission against the people who ruined her life by ensuring that both her parents went to prison for life. En route, she meets somebody she didn't expect, the son of the very people she's set out to destroy.

The chemistry between April and Liam is instant and leaps from every page, tantalising you with the promise of more and yet tearing
Badass Bloggettes
I have read a lot of BDSM books recently and wondered if this book would be the same as the others, however, I was very pleased to see that this book was not altogether about that. This book was full of revenge, intrigue and a lot of personal issues that required to be dealt with.

April is the main character and is set on revenge against the people who caused pain and heartache to her family. She believed her parents were mistreated and unjustly given a punishment that they did not fully deserve.
Beth
Mar 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
April Morrison is back in her hometown of New Orleans after a 14 years absence. Fourteen years ago the powerful Hawthorne family ruined her life. After years of plotting and planning, she returns as Sophia and she is ready for revenge.

Liam Hawthorne has been bred to take over the family business. Having no time for relationships, he doesn't need the distraction of women throwing themselves at him because of who he is, or will be. Liam meets Sophia at a party and it seems that she isn't one of

• Normal (Something More, #1)
  • My Fake Fiancé (Four Week Fiancé, #0.5)
  • Lethal (The Disciples #1)
  • Shattered Pieces (If I Break, #4)
  • Bad for You (Lone Star Lovers, #9)
  • Sworn to Raise (Courtlight #1)
  • Sworn To Quell (Courtlight #10)
  • Sworn to Conflict (Courtlight, #3)
  • Okay (Something More, #2)
  • Sworn to Transfer (Courtlight #2)
  • Alex (Cold Fury Hockey, #1)
  • Seven Sisters (Seven Sisters #1)
  • Shadows Stir at Seven Sisters (Seven Sisters #3)
  • Moonlight Falls on Seven Sisters (Seven Sisters #2)
  • The Stars We Walked Upon (Seven Sisters #5)
  • The Stars That Fell (Seven Sisters Book 4)
  • If I Break: Complete Series (If I Break, #1-3)
  • Blood to Dust
Anneliese Vandell isn’t the kind of woman you want to bring home to your mother. She specializes in writing steamy erotic romance with a twist of suspense, starring alpha males who are handsome, commanding, and fiercely protective of the women they love. When she is not writing, she can most likely be found searching for the perfect New York bagel.

She loves to hear from readers, so please visit