Start by marking “The Deal (Off-Campus, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Deal (Off-Campus, #1)

The Deal

(Off-Campus #1)

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  458,671 ratings  ·  36,440 reviews
An alternative cover edition can be found here.

She's about to make a deal with the college bad boy...

Hannah Wells has finally found someone who turns her on. But while she might be confident in every other area of her life, she's carting around a full set of baggage when it comes to sex and seduction. If she wants to get her crush's attention, she'll have to step out of he
Published February 24th 2015 by Elle Kennedy Inc.

The Deal by Elle KennedyConfess by Colleen HooverThe Mistake by Elle KennedyManwhore by Katy EvansKyland by Mia Sheridan
Top Romances Of 2015
560 books — 2,393 voters
The Deal by Elle KennedyA Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. MaasConfess by Colleen HooverThe Girl on the Train by Paula HawkinsThe Mistake by Elle Kennedy
Best Books of 2015
3,021 books — 5,146 voters

More lists with this book...

·  458,671 ratings  ·  36,440 reviews

Start your review of The Deal (Off-Campus, #1)
Whitney Atkinson
9/3/2018
Updated my review because it was very long and I criticized things that in hindsight aren't as big a deal

TW: Rape (mentions throughout + flashback scene), domestic violence/abuse

Let me disclaim that there was MASSIVE potential here for a good book, but it had so many problems. I began highlighting lines that said problematic things, and I ended up having 147 notes of things that made me cringe or things that made me uncomfortable. If this book went under rigorous editing it cou
Aestas Book Blog
Shelves: favorites

SQUEEE!!!! I loooooved this book!! I was hooked from the very first page and spent the rest of my afternoon laughing out loud, swooning, fanning myself, and highlighting awesome and hilarious quotes non-stop!

So it's about this girl, Hannah, who is crushing hard on a football player. She's not one to usually get this mushy over a guy, but he's caught her eye and she wishes she was on his radar.

The hero is a a guy named Garrett. He's a bad boy hockey player with a bit of a manwhoring reputation a
Christy
Shelves: 2021-audio
5 stars!

photo 341E64BC-4B0C-4A12-93B6-B511532ADC88_zps0b3xkwc2.jpg

What can I say about The Deal that hasn’t been said in hundreds of other reviews… Well, I can say I regret being so late to the party on this one. I had a friend recommend this to me when she read it back in February and every few weeks I would get a message from her asking if I’d read it yet (thanks for pushing, Jen!) I can’t say why I waited to read this, I just got busy with other books. One things for sure though, I’ll be reading book 2 in this series very soon! No more waiting f
Ayman
May 16, 2021 rated it liked it
3.5 ok ok ok ok i get it now. this ain’t no literary masterpiece in anyway shape or form, let’s get that out of the way. don’t ever expect me to go into books like these using my critical thinking skills.
it’s very trope-y but damn lord have murthy...why would i lay my life down for this white man? this was such a feel good book and i kinda enjoy pasty white people going to the ends of the earth for one another
elena ❀ [on hiatus bc of finals]
hannah: i’m broken bc i can't have an orgasm with a guy 😢
me, an asexual: welp i guess that makes two of us huh? 🤪🤪🤪🤪
Kristen
5–Made My Heart Pitter Patter–Stars

description

Holy smokes! I LOVED this book hard! It's by far my favorite New Adult romance.

I'm not sure what more I can say that hasn't already been said about this delightful and entertaining book; therefore, I'll simply end with a quote from the story that captured my feelings perfectly.

"Tiny butterflies of happiness take flight in my stomach and dance around my heart."

Geri Reads
Feb 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: all-my-loves
5 stars!

See this face?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

That's my face while reading this book. Yup. This book made me happy. Throughout the whole thing I was either giggling, laughing, sniffling, blushing, and then smiling and laughing some more.

And I'm not even sorry because heck, with so much shit happening in the world right now, it's nice to find a book that you can unabashedly get yourself lost in.

The Deal was another one of those unexpected reads. Unexpected because despite its simple plot, this book succeeded in ta
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
4.5 stars!!

description

If only there were more NA romances like this one! This book completely charmed me, and is probably one of the best college romances I’ve read in a while now. While the premise isn’t anything I haven’t read before, I felt like the author took the idea and shaped it into her own unique tale, so trust me when I say it’s not your typical NA romance riddled with common clichés. This book was definitely one of those unexpected gems: the more I read, the more I fell in love with the delight
Mysza
Feb 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-read

Well... I was the lucky one who made it past 4th paragrapgh... And oh boy, am I glad I did, because this book... this book... was Freaking. Awesome!!! This is how NA should be done!!! For realz, I'm gonna do my happy dance here...

- college setting - check
- sport theme - check
- mega! hottie - check, check, check
- very likeable heroine - check
- great plot - check
- enemies to friends to lovers - check
- almost non drama relationship - check
- sexy sexy sexy bedroom times- check
- witty bickering and d
Jennifer Kyle
5 WINNING STARS

description

What an enjoyable read that seriously didn’t bring anything crazy original to this genre but somewhere between the fantastic characters, the banter, and the delivery, this story was a huge winner for me. My swooning and laughing while being totally engrossed along the pages of this story has to go to the fantastic writing of a truly talented writer. I need to check out her other books because it seems I’ve been totally missing out!

I loved the plot of our hockey jock, Garrett Gra
Val ⚓️ Shameless Handmaiden ⚓️
Update added at end of review...

4 Sexy Sweet Stars

So I'm gonna preface this shit show of a review with a tangent.

Yesterday I started this detox thing that does not allow me to have coffee.

Which means I have not had ANY caffeine in my system for over 24 hours for the first time since junior high school.

Being that my typical daily intake of caffeine includes 3 cups of black regular, a mid-morning Americano with 4 espresso shots, and an afternoon quad latte...I am hurting like a bitch.

And my br
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Feb 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 STARS

description

“The Deal” was not my first book by Elle Kennedy, but for sure was the one that I loved the most. It was such an enjoyable read and from the start I couldn’t put it down. It was sweet, sexy and funny and even a little emotional at times and it just made me smile.

Despite the simple, not so original plot it was a refreshing read. Even if at first sight it's very similar with other college romances, “The Deal” was a captivating story from the start. Written in dual POV, which I really, re
Katerina
May 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
First read: May 2015
Reaction: It was ok, nothing special.
Second read: February 2016
Reaction: THIS IS SO PERFECT I'M GONNA DIE
Conclusion:

Dear Garrett Graham,
I am so, so sorry for not appreciating your perfection the first time I read The Deal. I strongly suspect that I was not ready to comprehend your otherwordly beauty, kindness and hotness. Perhaps the aforementioned hotness roasted my pathetic excuse of a brain. My heart, my body and my soul are yours. Please forgive me.

It's true guys. After
Bryce Rocks My Socks
i didn't know a book could simultaneously turn me on and make me laugh so hard milk comes out of my nose but here we are ...more
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FIVE++++++++ STARS*****
{BR with Mel, Dee, and Sharon}

FREAKING LOVED THIS BOOK!!!!

photo e41cf085b3faa8bdac438293b90912de_zpstbyqb8ua.jpg

This book was freaking AMAZEBALLS, with a heaping side of AWESOMESAUCE!!!! I don't think there are enough words in the English Dictionary to really express just how OVER THE MOON IN LOVE I am with this story!! This was utterly UNPUTDOWNABLE! I usually take days to finish a book, but this one grabbed on to me so tight and wouldn't let go. It is the best of 2015 so far, for me. All I wanted to do was to find
Catarina
5 Amazing Stars.

Hannah is a simple girl who just wants her crush to finally notice her. Garret is the hot-shot, playboy, hockey player that needs help with one particular class he’s failing. He knows Hannah’s is the only who can help him, so they make a deal: she helps him pass the class, he helps her winning her crush’s attention by pretending to be interested in each other.
It seems the perfect deal, until things start to look very real and they can’t keep pretending anymore. The problem? The
Mo
Feb 26, 2015 rated it really liked it

Enjoyed this one.

It was smart, sexy, hot.
I adored Hannah, an ordinary girl who wasn't going to be bowled over by the He-man that was Garrett Graham. She was no pushover. She was no "puck bunny"!

“Just out of curiosity,” she says, “after you wake up in the morning, do you admire yourself in the mirror for one hour or two?” “Two,” I reply cheerfully. “Do you high five yourself?” “Of course not.” I smirk. “I kiss each of my biceps and then point to the ceiling and thank the big man upstairs for c
jessica
Jun 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
the whole fake dating to real dating isnt my favourite trope. usually because it deals with childish games, playing 'hard to get,' and making people jealous. im not a fan of those kind of dating tactics (maybe thats why im single) but this pleasantly surprised me.

the highlight of this story is definitely the interactions and chemistry between hannah and garrett. their banter is relatable and i actually believed the feelings between them. it was so adorable to see how they grew into liking each o
Patrycja

Release Date: 24 February, 2015
Rating: 5 stars
Cliffhanger:. No
HEA: (view spoiler)

From time to time, I still have the pleasure to read what I call a perfect new adult novel; great blend of heart fluttering, blood pounding, charming, sexy and cute story with swoon worthy hero and likeable heroine. It’s rare, as more often than not I am let down, but when it finally happens I am over the moon.

The Deal is a real gem! I
Zoe (Marauders version)
{reread 1} istg if the captian of the hockey team fails his ethics class asks me to tutor him and then slowly but surely falls in love with me my life will not be complete

I dont know what the hell Elle Kennedy puts in these books because they are addicting as hell

I’ve read this book three times and want to read it a million times more because I love it that much.

These characters have my entire heart.

Garret Graham yall

He’s superior to anyone. I dare you to challenge me. You won't win.

He’s literal
V. A Court of Wings and Ruin is NEW ADULT/EROTICA but Goodreads editors won't tell you to include it in the choice awards
Update November 5th Adding warnings for my friends who expect not only faithful hero but 0% OW activity. Look my warnings at the end of my original review. This is important because this is a book that I recommend all the time to readers who like me hate cheating
4.5 solid stars, rounded because this is a great New adult read, FREE OF CHEATING, barely any slutshaming and the hero is just adorable. I've found a new book boyfriend!

Devin Paisley as Garrett!

description

Thank you so much my friends of the safety
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
"Sometimes people sneak up on you and suddenly you don’t know how you ever lived without them."

A few weeks ago I was in dire need of a funny and sexy read and so I went to my adorable Gansey and asked her for a book recommendation!
This is what she came up with! *lol*

So let me say this before I continue with my review:

Gansey, I’m not disappointed!! XD
You did an amazing job and I’ll definitely consult you in the future! ;-P Thank you!!! =)
And now let’s move on before I get all emotional and act
Ishika
After reading this book I feel like I should stop reading books from the romance genre because I hate how similar the main male characters are represented in every single book. They are either too cheery or they are the brooding type. But the thing that connects both of these type of characters are their alpha male energy whose cells (I suck at biology so it might not make sense) are covered with a special layer of overconfidence and arrogance so you can't ever expect them to lose their confiden ...more
Wendy'sThoughts
Feb 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 Face Palming, HardCore Loving Stars
* * * * * Spoiler Free OMG OMG OMG THIS IS FREE!!!!
Elle Kennedy has been a go-to author for me whenever I wanted something with an easy-to-follow plot and a very sensual, spicy, sexy man. The woman would be complete, not weak, focused, either on work, relationship... or lack thereof... and have friends to back her up. Real people... with love stories that were HOT! In all of her work I have read, I felt she had a very keen grasp on what worked for these stor
Kristin (KC)
Mar 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
*Just about 4 Stars* — Great read!

The Deal is the perfect choice when you’re looking for something engaging, sexy, and light—with a lil' dose of depth to trigger your emotions.

YES, those who claim this book contains cliches aren’t kidding. There are certainly plenty of cliched one-liners to go around, but for some reason, I was able to glide right past them.

And… okay …so maybe just about everyone in this book is totally hot, and the storyline was often predictable…

Am I selling you on thi
Emma Chase
Mar 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Believe the hype!! Purely wonderful - still smiling days later.
LOVED IT!!!
Chelsea Humphrey
I've been needing a feel good, pick-me-up kind of read, and I've found it! ...more
Alyssa
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-reads, 5-stars
First Read: 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Second Read: 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Third Read: 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

THIRD TIME’S A CHARM 😂 can someone tell me where I can find a guy like garrett from?

Ahhhhh, I LOVE 💙 this series❗️Complete trash for Garrett 😍

Lead Male Character: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ / 5 stars
Lead Female Character: ★ ★ ★ ★ / 5 stars
Plotline: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ / 5 stars
Genre: Sports (hockey) and romance
Will I recommend this book to others?: Hell yeah!
Will I rerea
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
Feb 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: love
4.5 Stars!

There are already a ton of reviews for this one so I'll keep it short and sweet...

Yes to some great banter!

Yes to some smokin' hot sex!

Yes to low drama and angst!

Yes to likable MCs that didn't make me roll my eyes!

Garrett was *sigh*.....I just loved him! He was cocky and arrogant, yet thoughtful and sweet.

This one may have been predictable and not too far outside of the box but it didn't have the added BS that makes me not enjoy the NA genre much anymore!

So Elle Kennedy....

Pearl Angeli
"One day I was telling him to get lost, the next, I'm snuggling in bed with him. Life is so frickin' weird sometimes."

WOW! WHY DIDN'T I PICK THIS BOOK UP EARLIER?

description

The Deal proves to be a huge surprise in the best sense possible. It's such a great New Adult book complete with all the elements that can make you swoon like crazy! I had so much fun reading this book. I have been eye-ing this for about a year now and I have to say that I did regret why it took me so long to dive into it.

I was imme
Please help me find this book! 1 19 Aug 21, 2022 10:36AM
YA Buddy Readers'...: The Deal (Off-Campus #1) by Elle Kennedy - Restarting August 1st, 2022 122 439 Aug 14, 2022 09:31AM
The Off- Campus and Briar U series Books 13 218 May 10, 2022 11:16AM
Elle Kennedy 1 17 May 06, 2022 12:14PM
RETO ANUAL COPA DE LAS CASAS BBB 1 7 Dec 26, 2021 03:49PM

• Twisted Love (Twisted, #1)
  • The Spanish Love Deception (Spanish Love Deception, #1)
  • Punk 57
  • Twisted Games (Twisted, #2)
  • The Fine Print (Dreamland Billionaires, #1)
  • The Wall of Winnipeg and Me
  • The Love Hypothesis
  • Icebreaker (UCMH, #1)
  • Twisted Hate (Twisted, #3)
  • Throttled (Dirty Air, #1)
  • From Lukov with Love
  • The Sweetest Oblivion (Made, #1)
  • Archer's Voice
  • Ugly Love
  • Addicted to You (Addicted, #1)
  • Twisted Lies (Twisted, #4)
  • Terms and Conditions  (Dreamland Billionaires, #2)
  • The Cheat Sheet
See top shelves…
A New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling author, Elle Kennedy grew up in the suburbs of Toronto, Ontario, and holds a B.A. in English from York University. From an early age, she knew she wanted to be a writer, and actively began pursuing that dream when she was a teenager.

Elle currently writes for various publishers. She loves strong heroines and sexy alpha heroes, and just

Off-Campus (5 books)
  • The Mistake (Off-Campus, #2)
  • The Score (Off-Campus, #3)
  • The Goal (Off-Campus, #4)
  • The Legacy (Off-Campus, #5)