Start by marking “Coming in from the Cold (Gravity, #1)” as Want to Read:
Coming in from the Cold (Gravity, #1)

Coming in from the Cold

(Gravity #1)

He can't have her. And he can't tell anyone why.

Ski racer Dane "Danger" Hollister does not do relationships, though he keeps his reason a secret. The real-life curse he's inherited from his mother will eventually cost him everything: his place on the Olympic ski team, his endorsement income, and his ability to fly downhill at top speed.

Reluctant country girl Willow Reade m
Published March 13th 2015 by Rennie Road Books (first published May 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Coming in from the Cold, please sign up.
Amy I was just looking for the same thing, and found this on Sarina's website

February 1: Falling From the Sky

March 16: Shooting for the Stars

April 13:…more
I was just looking for the same thing, and found this on Sarina's website

February 1: Falling From the Sky

March 16: Shooting for the Stars

April 13: Coming In From the Cold
Coming In From the Cold: (previously published by Harlequin-E.) A champion ski racer trapped in his Jeep during a storm with a cute but luckless local? Complications ensue.

Looks like its going to be republished.

(less)
It Had to Be You by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsSee Jane Score by Rachel GibsonNobody's Baby But Mine by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsThis Heart of Mine by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsNatural Born Charmer by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Sports Romances
889 books — 1,690 voters
Assimilation, Love, and Other Human Oddities by Lyn GalaBeauty and the Mustache by Penny ReidWorth the Fall by Claudia ConnorThink of England by K.J. CharlesIt Happened One Wedding by Julie James
DABWAHA 2015
69 books — 14 voters

More lists with this book...

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo Free Re xB by sb_zpsiu4dgdux.gif

📚 📌 FREE on Amazon US today (10/13/2017) 📌 📚

Stand-alone book 1.
FREE: https://www.amazon.com/Coming-Cold-Gr...
BLURB:
He can’t have her. And he can’t tell anyone why.

Reluctant country girl Willow Reade meets Dan
Wendy'sThoughts
May 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Sarina Bowen Fans, Romance
4 Lessons Learned Stars
* * * *
In the grand scheme of things... we are dealt the hand life gives us and it is up to us, as individuals, to figure out how to handle it. We can be aware of all the pitfalls and work with what we have and go forward... or sometimes we can see the end card and let it determine everything we do. Yet if we are given something which is hard to handle... should we allow it to take over any sense of pleasure, lightness or joy in our lives... should we only focus on the bi
Anne OK
May 11, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-reads
Too insta-everything for me -- nothing felt well-developed and I had a hard time finding the whole package believable. But for a short, quick read, it was an okay contemporary romance with a taste of emotional sadness attached. The downhill snow-skiing racer was a plus -- you know how I love my sports-themed romances. Both characters had a solid foundation to be something so much more than we got from this story. I just finished "The Year We Fell Down" by this same author and was astounded and a ...more
Auntee
Not a bad little story. In fact, I read it in one day, so I guess I could say that it held my interest and moved pretty quickly. The hero, Olympic skier Dane Hollister, is living his life with (what he thinks is) a terrible future ahead of him. Because of this, he won't allow himself to form any relationships. He's back in his hometown in Vermont to train and also to look after his dying older brother, who is in a nursing home. He meets the heroine, Willow Reade-- a psychology post-grad stuck in ...more
Mireille Duval
This started so fabulously! Huddling for warmth during a snowstorm! Banter! Good sex! Hot famous guy! But then it went super downhill as soon as (view spoiler) I forced myself to finish it but I just didn ...more
Ksenia
“A deeply romantic story that warms with slow-burn eroticism and genuine insight into loss and love. Sarina Bowen’s debut glows with intelligence and a lovely sweetness.” — Mary Ann Rivers

I completely agree with this praise from Mary Ann Rivers. Actually Coming in from the Cold reminded me Mary Ann Rivers’s The Story Guy. It had the same overwhelming effect on me, when I felt too much, when I was so connected with characters that it’s almost painful.

This book surprised me a lot. I’ve read Sarina
Ally
Jul 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Now here's a hero hell bent on isolating everyone and he's good at it.

stay away

Series: Yes.

Sexy times: Yes. Well done. Nothing durty.

Plan on reading more by the author: I'm considering it.

Synopsis: Poor Dane / Danger. What's with all these multiple named people in books I have read lately?

Dane's family has a genetic predisposition to a terminal illness and since he's convinced himself he's gonna go there way, he says super charming things like: “At least I got a little something out of it. Willow w
Rejane
Feb 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ari
Mar 10, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first audiobook I've ever listened to and it was such an experience! I definitely plan on listening to more books in the future.

This was a good story, but I didn't really like the hero. His "woe is me" attitude was very off putting and made him unlikable in my eyes. I'm still excited to continue to series to see who gets an HEA next!
Hannah ◇Reader in the Rough◇
You know those corny NA contemporary romances everyone complains about? The kind of story you enjoy on an airplane when you need a short book that dots it's "i"s with hearts and doesn't make you shout or cry in public? That's what this book is.

The author's Ivy Years series tied in sports and romance wonderfully. This felt forced until the end scenes.

It was okay.
Honeyeater
Sep 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Trapped in a SNOWSTORM bumped this up from a solid three star romance to a four star. My favourite trope! Although I wished they had been trapped together for just a little longer :o)

The male lead had been dealing with a horrible dread for his entire life and it had fucked with his head in a very understandable way. The female lead was in a bind of her own, with a substantial debt and no family support. Stuff happens, stuff happens and then stuff happens. Then they work it out and get a HEA.

I f
Jean
Nov 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Loved it!  I couldn't put this book down and it just proved to me that Sarina Bowen is a favorite author of mine.....her writing just sucks me right in!

The beginning of this story is what drew me in initially.  A snowstorm, an accident, and then caught with a hot guy in his Jeep!  I love when people are forced together under extenuating circumstances and then crazy things start to happen.....love that!

So Willow is recovering from another broken heart and left on a chicken farm in Vermont after h
Mandi Schreiner
Feb 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
Really great story. I read it as part of the boxed collection that is out now.

Hero's brother inherited a very horrible, long-suffering disease that slowly kills him. Dane is sure that he will also get this disease in the next few years. This fear is so deep-rooted it takes over everything in his life. From his crazy, daring skiing to the fact that he has no friends or every had a true girlfriend because he is too scared of the future.

Willow is a great heroine who has curveballs thrown at her an
Bella
Jun 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, angst
Great read!!!

Sarina Bowen's Ivy Years series is one of my all time favorites, so I was excited to jump into her other series.

Coming in from the Cold did have a different feel to it but I love the writing. Very easy to read.

Dane - tortured, sexy professional skier. He is afraid he has the same genetic condition that runs in his family but is too chicken to get tested. He lives moment to moment, never allowing himself to get attached to anyone.

Willow - down on her luck. Meets sexy skier during
Arie ☂

Probably should have remained a one blizzard stand. Everything after that was terrible.

The synopsis sounded super cute, but if I had known this involved (view spoiler) I probably wouldn't have read it. I couldn't get over how much of an asshole Dane ("Danger" LOL) was or how bland Willow was, or how much I did not want these two people to get together.

And yet, I still kind of want to read the next book. Go figure.
Meags
3.5 Stars

Dane and Willow meet while stranded during a snowstorm and share a sexy tryst in the back of his Jeep to pass the time. But Dane has a secret that keeps him from forming relationships (of any kind), so even though he and Willow spark on a deeper level, he makes it clear to her from the get-go that, if she's willing, this one night is all they can have together.

Willow handles this pre-established brushoff like a pro. Lord knows she's made mistakes with men in her past and the last thing
Andrea
First Line Willow needed to keep the old truck on the road and out of the snowy ditch for just one more mile.

Poor Willow. She doesn't keep her old truck on the road and inadvertently runs champion Dane Hollister off the road as well. But their loss is their-and our-gain because one snowy night in a Jeep is the beginning of a sexy, emotionally challenging, wonderful story.

What makes Coming in From the Cold stand out - besides just the fact that it's damn good- is what stands between Willow and
herdys
I never thought I would give a Sarina Bowen book 2 stars but this one was just too much.
I didn't care much that they slept together after being inside the car in a blizard for a few hours, cause they're adults and I can deal with instalust. What I couldn't deal with was how much of an asshole Danger was.

I get that he thought he had his reasons, but he could've done it differently. He could've actually EXPLAINED it to our heroine, but no, he ran away, treated her like shit and then wallowed in
Theresa
This introduction to the series tells the story of Willow, a down on her luck woman who is simply looking for a break, and Dane, a professional skier who simply wants to escape his destiny....this unlikely pair meet in the middle of a blizzard in Vermont when a near collision leaves them stranded....the heat rises with their chemistry forcing them to find creative ways of staying warm in the frigid temperatures...as the story progresses, we discover some very real roadblocks to this duo's relati ...more
Asheley
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobook
I love this book so much, so I didn't hesitate for one second when the audiobook finally became available this week. I bought an audio copy immediately and put all of my other books aside so I could indulge in one of my favorites.

Every time I reread this book, I love it more. This doesn't surprise me, but I was surprised by how much I loved it more and by how much more I connected with both Willow and Dane this time around. No spoilers here, but Willow has to make some tough decisions. This tim
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
Nov 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: jerk-hero, safe
This was a cute safe read.

For the most part I liked Dane up until he starts pushing the h away. Then he pulls out the big "I'm a class A Jerk" guns and he definitely doesn't pull his punches. There is some angst (view spoiler)
Beverly Diehl
5 stars. This novel utilizes several of the contemporary romance tropes that push all my hot buttons, but does them so well that I totally loved this story. Dane "Danger" Hollister, loosely modeled on Olympic skier Bodie Miller, has very solid reasons for the death-defying risks he takes, and his refusal to ever consider anything more than a one-night stand. Would-be psychologist turned struggling chicken farmer Willow Reade might be down on her luck but she's a go-getter who is willing to do wh ...more
Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm
Willow's life seemed to go through a series of unfortunate events and her unlucky streak doesn't stop yet. Abandoned since she was a child, left heart broken by the man she followed through the cold mountains of Vermont, no permanent job to hang on to, not enough to pay the rent. Well, there were chickens that keep her occupied though..

Until that one fateful snow-stormy night.. When she spent the cold in the arms of a man she didn't know, a man whose name is Danger, a man who vowed never to fal
Wil Loves Books!
Jul 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book.

Hot athlete: check
Sexy times: check
Strong heroine: check
Broken hero: check

I really love sports related romances and Sarina Bowen is incredible at writing them. Her attention to detail when describing sports related scenes is amazing, it makes you feel like you are part of the action. Anyways, this is a beautiful love story, the characters are flawed and conflicted, just like real life. Their connection is amazing and you can feel it since the first moment they interact.
CeCe
It started out really good. The type of stories I love, but then the hero became such a jerk. Even when he found out what should have brought him peace, his groveling was weak. He was honest in the beginning and I loved that about him, but then he made 180 degree turn in his behavior. The heroine wanted nothing from him and he was just so hurtful. It would take more then just fixing a window for forgiveness. His behavior was so selfish. He just cared about his feelings. The way he treated her (v ...more
Tina Wright
Sep 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was the first offering I've read from Sarina Bowen, and I found a lot to like. The hero, Dane, is an Olympic athlete who competes in multiple alpine skiing events. I am a diehard sports fan with big love for the Winter Olympics, and Sarina's knowledge and/or research of the sport shone through big time with an accurate and engaging portrayal of the sport. I also found both Dane and the heroine, Willow, to be well-drawn and engaging. I felt their connection and was rooting for them. I've rea ...more
Annie
Aug 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Three and a half stars.

This is a romantic story of a guy, Dane, who cannot get involved with anyone for reasons of his own (not giving it away but you will figure it out fast enough), so he plays the role of man-whore and is also a regular A-hole to pretty much everyone, except that deep down inside he is a really nice guy and the whole thing is an act devised to keep people away.

And Willow, a sweet girl that is way too trusting and forgiven. Her boyfriend dumped her for someone else and took
Iben
DNF'ing this book at 85%. When the dude MC gets to say "It's the kind of thing you can only understand if you have a dick." to the lady MC, and she smiles all enamoured back at him, it pushes all of the (cis)sexist buttons imaginable for me. The book is well written, but this is a hard limit for me, raging feminist that I am. It just makes me hate myself for being a (cis) woman. This is basically why I don't read that much M/F.
Andrea Fleury
Sep 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow this was hot

I loved this book. Yes I know we say that all the time. hey I did.. It was fantastic. I loved everything about it. The characters and.... some books start out with you thinking ok where is this going. Not this one from the first page to the last one it oozed with the right amount of sexual Buzz.

• Laugh (Burnside, #2)
  • Impact  (Wild Men of Alaska, #1)
  • One Night with the Playboy (Whiskey River, #5)
  • Clover (Flower Child, #1)
  • Capturing Cora (Romps and Rakehells, #1)
  • Storm Warnings
  • Amazing Grace (The American Soldier Collection, #3)
  • Turning Up the Heat (La Vie en Roses, #0.1)
  • A Valentine's Surprise (Seasons of Love, #1)
  • The Boy Who Knew Me When (From Boys to Men Trilogy, #1)
  • A Fighting Chance
  • The Winning Season (Feeling the Heat, #2)
  • Heart of Steele (Hot Country, #2)
  • Snowed In
  • Teaching Melody
  • Whipped (Brought to his Knees anthology)
  • Kitten's Tale
  • Where You'll Find Me
Sarina Bowen is the USA Today bestselling author of 30 books, including: the True North series, co-author of Him/Us and the WAGs series with Elle Kennedy, The Ivy Years series and the Brooklyn Bruisers. And more!
Are you looking for a friends-to-lovers story or maybe even a secret baby book? You can read a list of Sarina's books broken out by trope and style.
Need to know what's coming next ? Get

Gravity (3 books)
  • Falling From the Sky (Gravity, #2)
  • Shooting for the Stars (Gravity, #3)