Start by marking “My Grandfather's Pants” as Want to Read:
My Grandfather's Pants

Read Book* *Different edition

My Grandfather's Pants

4.35  ·  Rating details ·  17 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Jack Laskin is an ordinary man. More than ordinary according to some. Running the family hardware store and a life that would bore a snail, nothing exciting ever seems to happen to him.

Then, at his mother’s urging, he tries on a pair of his late grandfather's old pants and everything changes -- most importantly his emerging love life. It's not long before his mother and h
Published January 21st 2014 by Tirgearr Publishing

To ask other readers questions about My Grandfather's Pants, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Grandfather's Pants

Mollydee
Apr 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great story and romantic comedy.

It is about Jack Laskin, who everyone seems to call Henry which was his father's name. Jack is happy just working in his hardware store and living his life and going out with his girlfriend. He does not need a lot of excitement. But that is what he is about to get.

One day his mother gives him a pair of his grandfather's pants. Jack
just sees a pair of Khakis with a stitched up bullet hole in the one
knee. But he takes them from his mom. Later on he trie
Erik Nelson
Aug 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone
I once called Tegon Maus the new grandfather of science fiction and he still is. The last book I read from him was more of a fairy tale than a sci-fi book but I still loved it. After reading “My Grandfather’s Pants”, I’d say that he can write anything that he wants no matter what genre it is. I don’t know if he would be the new grandfather of another genre but I know he would still make a great story. Still, I’m waiting for a new sci-fi book from him. Here, Mr. Maus brings us a more modern story ...more
Valerie Caraotta
While I found this creative fictional work both hiliarious and seriously action-packed, woven within the pages are the internal struggles acted out externally. As mother passes grandfather's pants to son Jack her desire and his decision to wear them would attract individuals and situations like never before. Both father and grandfather's "rotation" with women shared by his eccentric mother and friends to son Jack, would add to the fire three enticing women she would boldly introduce to him, test ...more
Celia Kennedy
My Grandfather's Pants - full of quirky characters and unique sub plots - the main plot line is what compelled me, and that is why I give the book three stars.

Joe Laskin, a young man of about thirty, is now running the family hardware store, after the passing of his father. His mother, who moves out of the family home and into a retirement community where many of her closest friends live, plays a significant role in Joe's life. Too large a role.

Joe and Connie, the girl next-door, have had an on-
Christy
Oct 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As with all of Tegon Maus’s books I’ve read, I was totally entertained by My Grandfather’s Pants. It is full of quirky characters and a hilariously entertaining plot. As I read My Grandfather’s Pants, I kept thinking that this could totally be a Quentin Tarantino movie! It just reminds me of the “bizarre-ness” that his movies have.

The way that Maus describes the characters in this book brings them to life in blaring color! Your mouth will hang open in shock as you get to know some of them…you’ll
Laura Thomas
Oct 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Well, I’ve heard of stepping in someone’s shoes, but their grandfather’s pants? Oh man, this book had me in stitches. That’s no surprise as most of Tegon’s books are heavy on the satire.

Just wait until you find out about those pants. Poor Jack. There’s no way he could have seen his mom and her cronies coming. And his girlfriend Connie. It just got funnier when she became involved in the scheme those over the hiller’s were plotting.

There’s romance, humor, more humor, and a mystery between the cov
Susan Keefe
Feb 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great fun to read!

Jack Laskin is just an ordinary man; he has a girlfriend, looks after his mother and runs the family hardware store. When, one day his mother gives him a pair of his grandfather’s pants, he doesn’t really want them, but she insists they’ll be perfect for him.

Being a good son, Jack dutifully wears them, then he discovers things change, suddenly those around him treat him differently, it’s almost as if he’s become someone else...

As the magic continues, he discovers family secrets
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
This was a very bizarre story. I bounced from being kinda weirded out at the actions/comments of Jack's mother and her friends to being intrigued at the mystery portion of the story.

I think this goes into the fantasy category because i wasn't quite sure how the pants his grandfather wore fit into the story. Do these pants make the men more insatiable when it comes to their physical needs? Why are the women ok with there being a "harem"? Why do the older ladies call Jack by his grandfather's nam
Holly
Apr 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story started out strange and seemed to even out, only to get strange at the end again. The rotation with Jack/Henry's parents was incredibly odd, as was his mum's idea to force the same onto him. Anyone spell 'creepy'? That woman was waaaay too much invested in her son's sex life.
Other than that, the book was well-written and enjoyable, consumed in just over 24 hours (with a job and sleep in the middle). It's hard not to like them, but I think the Connie/Jack/Gabby thing could have been do
Jonathan
When an author you really don't care about drops the ball, no big deal.

When an author you really enjoy drops the ball, though... that's a problem.

Which brings us to... My Grandfather's Pants, by Tegon Maus.

Normally, I love Maus' novels. Short, quirky, and fun. Which technically does describe My Grandfather's Pants. It has Maus' trademark humor, his zanny characters, and his outlandish, go-for-broke narrative. The problem, however, is that the main conceit is so absurd, so patently ridiculous, th
Carole Rae
Nov 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a strange, strange book. This was for sure a unique story and premise. Everything revolves around a hand-me-down pair of pants. The pants belonged to Jack's grandpa originally and then give to Jack's dad and then finally to Jack. These are not any pair of pants...they are...special.

I felt really bad for Jack, because he just wanted a normal life with his girly. But things are not normal when you are given magical/special pants. Bad things are bound to come your way.

I was shocked the entir
Teddy
Nov 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016
Jack Laskin is happy running the hardware store he inherited from his father and grandfather and his growing romance with his girlfriend Connie. At least, that is what he thinks. His mother and her octogenarian friend beg to differ.

It all began when Jack’s mother begs him to wear his grandfather’s old pants. He finally gives in, to humor her but strange things start to happen. As he does every week, he drives his mother and her friend to bingo. An old woman makes a pass at him and calls him his
Jessica Bronder
Nov 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jack Laskin is a man that runs his father’s hardware store. He has a great relationship with Connie and deals well with his mother’s over bearing ways. That all changes when I tries on a pair of his Grandfather’s pants. At first he is very hesitant until he finally puts them on and realizes how comfortable they are, then the magic starts.

This is a great story that goes in all directions, but in a good way. I loved how his mother and her friends tried to help and just made a giant comedy of erro
Elisha
Oct 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was such a cute and fun read! This was a good and quick romantic comedy that was a joy to read. Jack, who everyone call's Henry (his dad's name) is given a pair of pants (that he doubts will even fit him, but they do; quite well) that were his grandfather's pants and his life changes; in the romantic sense. When this started, the story got funnier. Because the pants seem to have a magic power of what type and color shirts he should wear because when he reaches for a shirt, the pants itch., ...more
Joseph