Start by marking “Fool's Gold (Hearts and Arrows, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
Fool's Gold (Hearts and Arrows, #3.5)

Fool's Gold

(Hearts and Arrows #3.5)

Life is never black and white.

It’s a fact Josie knows too well, right next to wanting what you can’t have. And even though Jon is her friend and colleague, he pushes those boundaries on the regular. There are times when she feels like she can’t escape him, and others where she doesn’t want to.

The tension twists tighter every time they meet, but Jon’s unavailable. Live-in
Published February 10th 2015 by Promise Socks Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Fool's Gold, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fool's Gold

J.M. Miller
Dec 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015, novellas
I adored Fool's Gold! Jon and Josie were introduced in Doe Eyes, #3 in the Hearts and Arrows series. In that book, though, we are dropped into a second chance scenario. Fool's Gold goes back to their beginning, where everything started, before a certain event separated them.
This story is a great addition to the series. I loved Jon and Josie in Doe Eyes so I was thrilled to read more about them in Fool's Gold.
Josie's family was fun and witty, and seeing more about Jon's relationship with Tori fi
Becca Reads A Lot
Feb 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.75 Stars!

If you skim reviews: If you like a wise and witty grandma, solid writing, and solid banter, then give this a shot. Be warned, this is a prequel to the story of J&J in Doe Eyes. You can read it before or after. I vote after.

*****J’adore/Nous Adorons: World-changing, we could not put it down even if we dared to try. And, we might just read it again. We would recommend it to anyone.
****Liked it: It didn’t shatter our worlds. Something held us back from that amazing moment of comple
Kelly
Oh, hey, Staci Hart. If you want to give my heart back after ripping it out that would be awesome. No? You're okay with toying with my emotions? I understand. You evil, evil fiend.

Yeah, I'm cool with this book. It was amazing and the sex was smoking and I hate you so much right now. What's that? You want me to go back and read book 3 again to really drive home the pain Josie and Jon BOTH had to deal with after a certain unnamed god stepped in and effed up their lives? *sobs bitter tears of soul
Melanie
Feb 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*This Book Was Given To Me By The Author In Exchange For An Honest Review*

I have been a fan of Staci's Hearts and Arrows series for a while now with its clever blend of life on Earth if the Greek gods were around and looking for things (people) to play with and this Novella is a great little addition to the collection.

Although it is numbered 3.5 this actually sits before Doe Eyes in the chronology of things with us finding out more about the history of Josie and Jon before the events in Doe Eyes
Teri Beth
Dec 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
ARC provided by author.

Fool's Gold is a wonderful addition to the Hearts and Arrows series. We met Jon and Josie in Doe Eyes where we learned bits and pieces of their past but I loved getting to experience their relationship from that very first look, the flirty banter, to their first date in this novella. Fool's Gold takes place before Doe Eyes but knowing how things play out in the future for Jon and Josie did not distract me from feeling this story. I fell in love with them all over again and
Shelley (Bella)
So, so good! Staci's cleverness and charm give her characters such personality, and makes them so easy to love. Jon and Josie both captured my heart in Doe Eyes. And my one-sided love affair intensified with FOOL'S GOLD.

While we know where their story ends, FG gives us a wonderfully bittersweet peek at how it all began. I didn't think I could love these two more. Boy, was I wrong. A hero and heroine with great character, moxie, and heart. With chemistry so off the charts. A natural and true matc
Jasmine
Feb 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
If you read Doe Eyes, than you know who Josie and Jon are. It broke my heart when Jon left Josie, to help his ex-girlfriend...who was pregnant with his child. Now, we get to find out, what happened from the beginning.....

I LOVE Josie and Jon together! Jon is the guy you want to date, and bring home to your parents! And Josie is the girl that every girl wants to be! She kicks butt!

Not going to lie, but Fool's Gold ripped out my heart, and felt like it was stomped all over. But would I read this
Jasmyn
Warning - this is not Josie and Jon's happily ever after. This is how they met, how they fell in love, and how Jon totally screwed it up. But - if you're reading the series in order, then you've already had their HEA and the is just a bit of bonus history for them.

I really enjoyed how they interacted with each other. Both trying not to act on their feeling for the other because Jon currently has a girl-friend. Don't worry, he's not a cheater, that works itself out wonderfully. There really isn't
Terisa
Apr 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 stars

Josie has wanted Jon for a very long time but he's been in a relationship and that is a line that she refuses to cross. The fact that he continues to flirt with her when they work a case together has finally become too much and she's determined to keep her distance from now on. It's at that time that Jon and Tori part ways and he's free to date Josie but their happy times aren't meant to be because a certain Goddess believes that love takes work and throws a in a major card that leaves Jo
Kacii
Jon and Josie are doomed from the start.

But somehow, they make it work. At least for a little while. But all good things must come to an end...

In Doe Eyes we saw the aftermath of Jon and Josie. This is the story of their beginning. And it is heartbreakingly sad. It's a bittersweet story that leaves you aching for Jon and Josie and their fragmented relationship.

Once again, Staci Hart has me on the edge of my seat and crying up a storm. After reading Doe Eyes you know how it's going to end but t
Carly Wilson
Jul 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book. I love how the plot involves crime, mystery, romance and humour all rolled into one.
I love how the gods continue to compete against one another, and the more hearts and arrows books that I read the more engrossed in their lives in Olympus I get. I adore the relationship between Aphrodite and Heff and continually root for them. I love how relatable all the loves and heartbreaks are within Hart's novels and she totally enables me to immerse myself in a whole other worl
Staci Hart
Feb 09, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)

loveandstolenkisses
Sep 29, 2016 rated it did not like it
bought this book on amazon, and its full of editor notes and highlights. Why the author havent updated the file yet despite other people pointing it out is a mystery.
The highlights gives the story a unprofessional look, and worse is it threw me out of the story time and again. Its difficult to know, but I might have been more impressed by the story if the ebook had been correct. Too many clichees, and slow.
Angi Naerebout
Jul 24, 2016 rated it liked it
This is the first story of Josie and Jon, but it should definitely be read last... It was good to read the background but it's really sad how everything goes down. I'm happy with where they ended up in book 3 though.
Hayley Lewis
Mar 01, 2017
Christina
Aug 12, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »

• Hell's Phoenix (The Road To Hell, #2)
  • Playing Hooky (Paranormal Investigations, #1)
  • Covert Cover Cracked
  • Homecoming (Cloaked Devices #0.5)
  • Shadow Allegiance (Unholy Alliance, #3)
  • Circle of Lies (Red Ridge Pack,#2)
  • Love Notes (Hard Rock Harlots, #3.5)
  • Naked As We Came (The Cassidy Tomei Chronicles, #1)
  • The Book Waitress (The Book Waitress, #1)
  • Almost Too Far (Almost Bad Boys, #2)
  • Risk Taker (Shadow Warriors, #3)
  • Deal with a Demon
  • No Apologies
  • Echo
  • Walking Away
  • Shuffle (Ruby Riot, #2)
  • You're Still the One (Country Blues, #1)
  • Outside the Lines (On the Run, #1)
Staci has been a lot of things up to this point in her life: a graphic designer, an entrepreneur, a seamstress, a clothing and handbag designer, a waitress. Can’t forget that. She’s also been a mom to three little girls who are sure to grow up to break a number of hearts. She’s been a wife, even though she’s certainly not the cleanest, or the best cook. She’s also super, duper fun at a party, espe ...more

Hearts and Arrows (3 books)
  • Paper Fools (Hearts and Arrows #1)
  • Shift (Hearts and Arrows, #2)
  • From Darkness (Hearts & Arrows, #3)