Start by marking “From Italy With Love” as Want to Read:
From Italy With Love

From Italy With Love

(With Love Trilogy #1)

‘To my niece I leave the Ferrari GT250… On the proviso that she takes it across Europe to Maranello within the next three weeks. Only on successful completion of the journey to a prescribed route, will the car be hers…’

Home-loving Laurie thinks she’s happy – she has a safe, reliable boyfriend and working in her local library is what she thought she always wanted. That is

Published May 14th 2015 by HarperImpulse

Start your review of From Italy With Love
Thebooktrail
May 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
For the rip roaring ride and literary locations - : Booktrail of From Italy with Love

A trail in a car leaving from the channel tunnel and then going all the way across France, Switzerland and finally to Italy seems like a great way to travel.

Having a preplanned journey with the task of sending a postcard from each one sounds like fun and they’re soon off travelling but at first the journey is not an easy one – with two such very different personalities in the car, the ride is bumpy from the
Eve Devon
Aug 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I found this book completely charming. Having never read a road-trip book before I was a little cautious, but it had such good reviews and the cover is so scrumptious that I couldn’t resist. I’m so glad I dived in, because once I started reading, I couldn’t put it down.
Along with your romance you get a journey of self-discovery that adds depth and intrigue, but essentially, this is romance done superbly well. Each scene is infused with gorgeous descriptions that seduce the senses so that in no
Mo
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was ok
This was one of the stupidest books I have ever read. How could “Covent Garden in the Snow” be so good and this one so bad? I have no idea why I finished reading it. I should have chucked it out the window.
Nov 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction

From Italy With Love is your predictable romance story. What does make this one slightly different though is the fabulous descriptions of the surrounding scenery and a wonderful classic car.

I have to say reading of Cam and Laurie as they make their way to Italy really made me wish that I had the time and money to be able to take the same route as they did. The places they go to and the scenery just sounded so idyllic and was definitely very envious.

The whole storyline was quite obvious
Jolien
May 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, read-in-2015
Original review on The Fictional Reader

Review

When I requested this book from Netgalley, I did so because I liked the synopsis and it had been a while since I had read a adult romance. I hadn’t heard of the author before, and I –for some reason– was not expecting great things. I am so happy to be proven wrong! I highly enjoyed this story, and there’s really only one reason I deducted a half star.

Story

How could you not love this story? It takes you across the UK, France and Italy. In a
Rachel Gilbey
May 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I knew I was going to enjoy this book from the first chapter, which features an eccentric funeral. Uncle Miles had decreed that there was to be no black at his funeral, and so all 4 of his ex wives showed up wearing incredibly bright clothes, and yet his niece Laurie, and boyfriend Robert show up in Navy, which gives an instant insight as to their personalities.

Laurie is a home lover, she has lived with her boyfriend Robert, for two years, works in a library and lives a very steady life, no
Book Gannet
This book is an absolute delight, a perfect piece of summer escapism full of the delights of classic cars and European road trips, complete with wine and a very handsome co-driver. Laurie’s life has been one of duty ever since her parents divorced and she stayed with her father. Much as she loved her Uncle Miles, his wild, jet-setting ways didn’t fit in with her life – and now he’s gone. Laurie’s life as a quiet librarian, living with her sensible fiancé doesn’t have room for Ferraris or last ...more
Suze Lavender
May 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Laurie has a comfortable life. She's living together with her boyfriend in the house she's inherited from her father. She has a steady job at a library and her life is safe and predictable, exactly the way she likes it. When her uncle Miles passes away he leaves her his most precious car, a beautiful and rare Ferrari. There's only one condition, she has to drive it to Italy following a special itinerary that Miles has set up for her. Fortunately she doesn't have to do this alone. Cameron will go ...more
Romy Sommer
Aug 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: harper-impulse
This is the first 'road trip' romance I've ever read, and I loved it from beginning to end. From the humorous opening funeral scene to the conclusion, this pacy story never lagged and kept me so riveted that I pulled an allnighter to read it! Jules Wake is going on my autobuy list from now on.

Through the course of their road trip from England to Italy, via France and Switzerland, Laurie and Cam both learn a lot about themselves, and their emotional journey really touched me. Especially Laurie's
victoria_tonks
Nov 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable, and I loved Laurie as a character. I suppose I would have liked the story even better if I were into cars at all. As it is, the whole car stuff seemed pretty uninteresting to me and it spoiled the pleasure of reading a bit. Overall, though, it was a nice bit of escapism and I might even re-read it in the future.
Sue Moorcroft
Jun 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Really, thoroughly enjoyed this book. It kept me guessing until the end and the writing flowed beautifully. I couldn't wait to get back to it each time I had to put my Kindle down. Laurie goes on an inner journey as well as her fab physical journey across Italy in a rare Ferrari and Cam discovers what's really important.

Great read.
Jojo Krubally
Jul 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
chic lit at its best. fell in love with these two main characters straight away and spent the whole book willing them to get together. id forgotten how much I love a good chic lit book. easy but totally enjoyable read.
Johanna Shirley
Oct 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't put it down.

What I didn't like about this book is that I've just spent most of three days sitting on the couch getting nothing done. Couldn't put it down! I loved taking a virtual tour across Europe with Laurie and Cam.
Kirstie
A lovely little romantic road trip. A bit predictable maybe but still an enjoyable read.
Lemontart
Mar 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Enjoyable romance. Outcome is obvious from the start, but a pleasant read.
Brin Murray
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thoroughly enjoyed this story – a light, romantic read but with super-great ingredients.
It begins at the funeral of eccentric uncle Miles – and mousy Laurie along with ghastly boyfriend Robert are the only ones not in leather cat suits, fuschia or fascinators: against Miles’s wishes, they’ve turned out in dreary dark suits. Not quite black, because that was forbidden.
So, Laurie takes off across Europe with piratical hottie Cam in a classic Ferrari, as part of Uncle Miles’ final request and
Marjorie
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Uncle Miles has died and now Laurie has been left his classic Ferrari, there's just one proviso - she has to travel across Europe to take the car back to it's birthplace in Maranello. Not only that but Miles has preset the meandering route through France and Switzerland in to Italy and designated certain locations that Laurie has to send postcards from in order to receive her vehicular legacy.

This was such a fun book and dealt more with the awakening of Laurie's character in to the person she
Chanel
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.75 Stars for this charming romance that is rather predictable, though the plot itself isn’t typical, nor is the scenic backdrop. The is book revolves around a vintage Ferrari, which is a first for me. We meet the main characters at a funeral, certainly not the typical place to pick-up a date. Laurie‘s eccentric uncle has passed away and she can’t help but notice a very good looking man in attendance that is closer to her age than her late Uncle Miles. Cameron has lost his friend/mentor and ...more
Agi
May 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
You know, I couldn't wait to start reading this book, I had a very overwhelming feeling when I pressed the "Request" button that I'm really going to like it, that it's going to be a story that will have me hooked and I won't want to put it away. Don't know why, just had this feeling, and the blurb was so promising, the cover so inviting... And yes, I wasn't mistaken - it was a great read! Full of fast cars, brilliant journey through Europe, adventures and many, many more!

The story starts with a
Carole Craddock
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book! This book is full of romance and excitement! Sometimes love isn't where you think it is, and when you find it, it is in the last place you'd expect. Laurie and Cam were thrown together by her recently deceased uncle who wanted her to experience a little adventure and excitement in her life, fearing she was making the wrong decisions for herself by playing it "safe." Not wanting to deny his last wish, she goes on a journey with a very handsome car expert, who is also a very good ...more
Alicia
May 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book immensely. I did struggle getting into this book in the beginning, but once I hit my stride I couldn’t put the book down. The characters were well written for the most part. I felt for and root for Laurie and loved her journey for self-discovery. Cam was messy and complicated and charming to read. The journey they took and the scenery was described in such rich detail. I felt like I was there with them. The ending was sweet and fit the story. I just wished for a few more ...more
MRS CHRISTINE  SITTON
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Simply brilliant

What a fantastic story. The descriptions of all the places they drove through were so well described that you can imagine actually being there. Loved the way the characters all evolved and the way you thought it was going one way and then turned out completely different. So interesting. Can't wait to read the sequel just in time for New Year.
Carrie Hayes
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Couldn’t put it down

I loved this book, I couldn’t put it down. It takes you away to another place, you can just imagine jumping if that car and driving through all the beautiful places to Italy x
Kim Humphrey
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Road trip

Well worth the read. Laurie finds herself on a road trip with luscious Cam, driving a Ferrari worth millions. Likeable characters, though for a while Cam was suspect. Such a good time and a good ending.
Wynafryd
A lovely romp!
Mina
Dec 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-book
"If you stress about what will be, what might happen before we even get there, you won’t leave yourself any time to enjoy the moment and make the most of the opportunity."
Jan
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great escapist read for sitting in the sunshine with on a Bank Holiday weekend.
Wanda
May 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Well...

Really enjoyed the story, but it needed some serious editing. Please, please someone edit this book. Thank you. Thank you.
Jackie Groshart
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So Much Fun!

I loved this book! It was a bit predictable, but it also had some really enjoyable twists. Perfect light girly read. I loved it, but I guess I already said that
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Little Paris Patisserie (Romantic Escapes, #3)
  • The Northern Lights Lodge (Romantic Escapes, #4)
  • The Little Café in Copenhagen (Romantic Escapes, #1)
  • The Secret Cove in Croatia  (Romantic Escapes, Book 5)
  • The Little Brooklyn Bakery (Romantic Escapes, #2)
  • Dreaming of St Tropez
  • Dreaming of Venice
  • Summer on the Italian Lake
  • One Christmas in Paris
  • One Last Greek Summer

With Love Trilogy (3 books)
  • From Paris With Love This Christmas