Start by marking “Between Dreams (The Pendant Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
Between Dreams (The Pendant Series, #1)

Between Dreams

(Pendant Series #1)

Sidney Sinclair was living the dream of any eighteen year-old girl…

A handsome rock star boyfriend, a closet full of designer clothes, a limousine service at her beck and call, and a mansion in the hills of Los Angeles.

Even with all that glamour and excitement at her fingertips, she still feels as if she’s been missing something in her life so she decides to leave.

While try
Published April 28th 2015 by Limitless Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Between Dreams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Between Dreams

Dianne
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It seemed that Sidney was living in a dream world, her boyfriend was an up and coming rockstar, he took her to LA to share his life in the spotlight and their love was strong. Raised by her grandmother, Sidney knows what love is, and when a tragedy brings her home, her life and her outlook on life are about to take a headlong dive into an often frustrating, but certainly revealing world where dreams can take on new meanings and can point the way to true happiness and enlightenment. But first, to ...more
J. Kahele
Dec 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, paranormal
Sidney is only eighteen when she moves to LA to support her rock star boyfriend Ray, leaving her dreams to follow his.

When her grandmother suffers a stroke, she travels home to help her and it is when she is cleaning her grandmother's room that she comes across a pendant which had belonged to her mother. Intrigued by it, she puts it on and thats when the strange dreams begin.

I really liked this book. It had a little bit of everything. Most people, will find that Sidney leaving her dream to be a
Coco.V
Dec 15, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (12/15/2017)! 💝
Julie

description

Ms. Cynthia Austin contacted me a few weeks ago about a read request for this book and while I almost always say no thank you to fantasy novels, this one piqued my interest because the blurb was interesting and it was highly rated by quite a few people. So I just had to get my hands on it to see what all of the fuss was about. Nothing worse than being left out, right?!?

I actually have quite a few thoughts on this one and I'm not totally sure where to start off. I think talking about Sidney first
N.N. Light
Sidney graduates high school and is about to embark on new life, along with her soon-to-be rock star boyfriend, Ray Ryker. It’s the dream life so why does regret fill Sidney’s heart? Then she gets word her grandmother, who raised her, had a stroke and needs care. Sidney leaves Ray in L.A. and becomes primary caregiver to her grandmother. Ray resents her leaving and Sidney doesn’t know what to do.

One day, she and her best friend are going through her grandmother’s closet. They discover a green p
Om Chand
Sidney has everything an eighteen year old could possibly ask for. A boyfriend who is a lead singer in a band, and a limitless future. Her life style in LA with her boyfriend, Ray, is quite enviable. But she is missing something that would make her complete--she doesn't quite know what! The destiny has something else in store for her--her grandma has a heart stroke that draws her back to home. She has a chain of dreams--as she wears her mother's pendant--as though a power is trying to communicat ...more
Reviews of  A Shameless Fangirl
Mar 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about this book. In my teenage days, I got sucked into the Gossip Girl, A-List style novels about these young girls with ridiculously unbelievable lives of fame and Grandeur. Looking back now, I realize how utterly annoyed I actually was by these stories. When I saw the beginning of this description I thought this was just going to be another one of these stories.

- Ciara Elizabeth
Full Review: http://www.yafangirlreviews.com/2016/...
Benjamin Spurlock
I just couldn't get into this story. The relationship drama between a college aged girl and her musician boyfriend didn't do anything for me, and a quarter of the way in, I'd only just been introduced to the titular pendant.

There might be some interesting mystery and plot to this story, and those who like relationships on the rocks will likely enjoy this, but it's just not for me.
Laura Berlin
Mar 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Truly enjoyed and surprised by the cliffhanger! Can't wait to read book two!
Rachael Tamayo
Jun 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book had a really slow start. I'm not saying that's bad, but it's a matter of preference. The writing is great, and almost to descriptive at times, but it's easy to be taken away by this writer.

Now, it was about halfway into this book when it really grabbed me. I wish it had sooner, but I stuck with it and i'm glad that I did. I really love Adrian's character. He's got a really sexy vibe and totally mysterious, which I think you will love.

And Sidney left me pissed off at some moments. A b
Joel Crofoot
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When Sidney's boyfriend gets an offer for the job of his dreams she puts his dreams ahead of hers but life has other plans. Soon she must return to her tiny town to be the caretaker for her grandmother which prompts a rethinking of her decisions, and a cleaning spree that delivers a box of possessions once belonging to her deceased mother, bearing a mysterious pendant. Soon strange dreams emerge and she meets a new man who interests her, only to find that her boyfriend is back to make another pl ...more
Rosa Sophia
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Between Dreams follows the story of Sidney, a young girl whose relationship begins to crumble under the weight of her boyfriend's budding career as a rock musician. While she feels pressured to stay home and take care of her grandmother, whose health is declining, her relationship is naturally strained.

In the midst of the emotional turmoil, she finds a necklace with an unusual pendant, and the startling green color draws her in and piques her interest. It belonged to her mother, who has since p
SA
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Four and a half stars!

Wow, this has me panting for more. Sydney has a famous boyfriend, at the outset, everything is great for her. But, she is beginning to doubt her feelings for him and his feelings for her. As she begins to see the problems, she is also tempted by something that seems almost magical, beyond this world. And, when she sees the temptation in the flesh, she will begin to wonder about whether everything is as it seems. I will not spoil the story but I can say that the book ends wi
Sonia Killik
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
From the first page the characters are well formed and invite you into a world that young adults will eagerly delve into. Cynthia Austin seamlessly melds religion, fantasy and real world issues that her readers can relate to. A tale of discovery and coming of age that gives a new take on a classic love theme. This three-book series is sure to keep readers spellbound and coming back for more.
Michelle Schwartz
May 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Between Dreams is an intriguing book where present day meets paranormal dreams.

Sidney is in love. Head over heels in love with Ray, the lead singer in an up and coming rock band. They have been dating for two years and they can't imagine life without each other -- not even for one second. With that said, when Ray signed his record contract, it was also said that wherever he goes, Sidney goes.

The two were living the dream until tragedy strikes with Granny -- the amazing woman who raised Sid. Sh
Kari Nelson
Jun 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wanted so much for this book

I love the premise. I began to care about the characters, but then, I didn't. The writing style was beautifully descriptive, sometimes overdone to the point that I lost interest and I wasn't sure what was exactly going on.

Yes, Sidney's boyfriend, Ray is a douchbag... I didn't care about that. It was true to his nature because he was young and gaining notoriety. I understood why she would put up with it. I worked through all of that, but my confusion was with Adrian.
Carla
Jun 07, 2015 rated it liked it
*I was given a copy of this book as a gift from Stephanie's Book Reports in exchange for an honest review.

3 stars for Between Dreams by Cynthia Austin. This is the first book in the Pendant series and falls within the paranormal genre.

Shorty after graduating high school, Sidney gives up her dreams of going to college and becoming a track star. She does this in order to travel to LA with her long time boyfriend Ray who is pursuing his dreams of becoming the next big rock star. Shortly after arriv
Paula  Phillips
Jun 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
When Sidney was a baby , her mother killed herself and her Dad couldn't cope - so he up and left her with her grandmother. During Sidney's final years at high school, she met Ray and they fell head over heels with each other. Now Ray and his band have hit the bigtime and Ray wants Sidney to join him in LA. Sidney arrives in LA with Ray and things are going great until her Grandmother Emmy gets sick and Sidney must choose between being with her Grandmother or Ray. She chooses her grandmother and ...more
Rahul Deokar
Sep 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
As I began to read ‘Between Dreams’, I thought this was yet another heart-breaking love-story where the girl follows her musician boyfriend towards tragedy. But I was surprised and swept away by a unique, unusual story that is equal parts occult, psychological thriller, and straight-up romance.

Sidney, the eighteen-year old protagonist, gives up her dreams of going to college and becoming a track star. Instead, she travels to LA with her long time boyfriend Ray who wants to become the next big ro
Brigitte
Apr 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Sidney aka Sid is eighteen when she moves to LA to support her long term boyfriend Ray realise his dream as a Rock Star. She has everything most girls can only dream of but shortly afterwards, her grandmother who brought her up since she was a baby suffers from a stroke and she returns home to look after her.

Whilst tidying up her grandmother's room, she comes across a pendant which belonged to her mother and decides to wear it. She starts having recurring dreams which soon fade when she wakes u
Danielle
May 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Holy moly. I was really surprised by this book. It’s starts off with a slightly typical, my-rocker-boyfriend-is-being-a-douche scenario. Well, it doesn’t stay that way for too long. Between Dreams really did have me from the beginning, even though I thought I knew what was coming. Annnndd I was wrong.

Sidney did piss me off a little bit – giving up on herself and what she worked hard to accomplish for her boyfriend? WTF?! You are going to have to move past this, there never was a moment that clic
Stephen Carter
Oct 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
The unusual and surprising premise in ‘Between Dreams’ results in a story that is equal parts occult romance, psychological thriller, and straight-up romance. A young woman, Sidney, who is having relationship difficulties finds her deceased mother’s pendant and starts wearing it. As though an occult link connects Sidney and her mother, her vivid dreams begin. This novel is worth reading even for the last ten pages alone – a surprise cliffhanger doesn’t begin to describe it.

Sidney’s confusion ov
Amy
Apr 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC of Between Dreams. I had never read anything by Cynthia Austin soil did not know what to expect from this book. I do not post any spoilers in any of my reviews.
When I first started to read this book I thought it was another girl follows musician boyfriend,but BAM it wasn't. It was totally unexpected and something so jaw dropping. I was hooked. I have never read a book with such an awesome twist in a belief that most people share.
I have to say that Cynthia is brilliant. I am so
Margaret Daly
Jun 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
I absolutely love Cynthia Austin and her writing technique in Between Dreams. Her colorful display of description throughout the story and her well-developed characters bring the story to life. I've read a lot of books and by far this is one of the best. I haven't found a book recently that has kept me as interested, or has held me in captivity inside the pages so quickly and completely. I'm really looking forward to reading her next books!

If your looking for a gripping story that holds your int
Saheed Fatimah
Jul 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Romance novels are ordinarily not my genre but I took time off to read this one and I wasn't disappointed at all. There's less of the poor relationship averse girl meets super rich relationship averse guy here. It's a well written story with humour and seriousness in equal doses. One can relate with the all true story of how sudden fame and money can change people. I wasn't very taken in by the dreams parts tho that's what the story revolves around...I just don't think ghosts of the dead can com ...more
Tracy Santoria
Jul 01, 2015 rated it really liked it

So.....yeah I don't even know what to say or where to start at this point. I'm relatively confused by what I just read. At first I thought it was a story about Sidney and Ray and their love story. Enter in Adrian and my next thought drifted to possible live triangle. But that's not what I was reading. Sidney finds a pendant that belonged to her mother and puts it on, only to start having very vivid dreams.

My mind is starting to wander and think about where the book is going but then I l
Tim Routledge
Aug 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Between Dreams isn't like any book you've ever read. As soon as you think you know the story, the unexpected happens in very exciting ways. The plot of this story blows me away, though I won't give away any spoilers, I will say you won't be disappointed. If you want a great book with an amazing plot, plenty of twists to keep your mind alert, and a cliffhanger ending - then you need to pick up this book today.
Angelle
May 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a great book. I had no idea what to expect when I started reading it. A roller coaster ride is what I got! At first I thought, Ok, girl, rockstar boyfriend, yeah well.. that is not what I got!
When Sidney discovers a necklace left behind by her deceased mother, her world starts to change and odd things start to happen. Could these oddities possibly be linked to the necklace?
This is part one of a trilogy and should definitely be read in order. And yes, there is a cliffhanger--I am anxio
Brianna York
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a tale that seems at first to be leading the reader on an adventure with two high school sweethearts. These two characters seem to be embroiled in a tug of war that is just about conflicting life plans and desires. The plot thickens when it becomes clear that the story is not as simple as one of frustrated lovers sorting out their private problems. It is just possible that what is playing out concerns all of humankind. The cliff hanger ending makes the reader want to know what happens ne ...more
Fawn
Aug 11, 2015 rated it liked it
Between Dreams leaves me with the feeling that it is an introductory book. This whole story is about Sidney putting up with a selfish Ray while starting to flirt with a new interest. And talk about a cliffhanger! If you don't like cliffhangers watch out because this one will leave you hanging. This book leaves me with a "mini series" show feeling. I will read the next one to see if it gets interesting. I was given this book for an honest review and this is mine.

• Justice Trail (Nika series, #1)
  • Itsuwaribito , Vol. 1
  • eensy-weensyモンスター 1 (Eensy-Weensy Monster, #1)
  • The Story of Inventions
  • The First Woman Doctor: The Story of Elizabeth Blackwell, M.D.
  • Exclusively Chloe
  • Heaven's Will
  • Beach of Bones (Empath, #1)
  • Blart: The Boy Who Didn't Want to Save the World
  • Wild Indigo (A Wild Mystery #1)
  • Daughter of Darkness (Darkness, #1)
  • Manga Classics: Great Expectations
  • Songstone
  • Piano Lessons: A Memoir
  • Tunesmith: Inside the Art of Songwriting
  • Star of Deliverance
  • The Rift  (The Rift #1)
  • R.O.D. Read or Die 1 (R.O.D. Read or Die, #1)
Cynthia Austin lives in Northern California with her
husband, two boys, and Olde English Bulldogge named Count
Dogula. They love all things horror, gothic, and Victorian
which prompts her friends to dub them as “The Adams
Family.”

She is an avid reader who may be slightly obsessed with
music. She hears music in a way that she believes the
artist intended it to be heard: visually, with a storyline
that fol

Pendant Series (3 books)
  • Between Loves (The Pendant Series, # 2)
  • Between Worlds (The Pendant Series, #3)