Start by marking “Sextrology: The Astrology of Sex and the Sexes” as Want to Read:
Sextrology: The Astrology of Sex and the Sexes

Sextrology: The Astrology of Sex and the Sexes

Sextrology draws insight from modern astrology to help people find their perfect sexual matches. This book takes an original, smart and sexy approach to evaluating astrological identities, and will again have people asking, 'What's your sign?'.

In sophisticated, uninhibited language, Sextrology accomplishes what no existing astrology book has ever achieved: it candidly expl
Published January 6th 2004 by William Morrow Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Sextrology, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sextrology

mark monday
Mar 10, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: sexathon, guidebooks
have you ever wondered which star sign is the most likely to engage in scat play? well, dear reader, never fear - welcome to the astrology guide of your dreams! which sign likes it rough? which sign is a big excited puppy? which sign has the smallest tits? which sign has the biggest dick? which sign is bossy in bed, which sign just lays there like a wooden plank? which sign is the gayest, which sign is the most lesbionic? hey, what is the hairiest sign? which sign likes to trim that bush? all th ...more
Izzy
Feb 26, 2008 rated it liked it
So, true fact: I considered going to Astrology School. Doesn’t that sound fun?! Apparently, there is an actual school for this tucked somewhere in the hills of upstate New York. Unfortunately, a rare fit of “common sense” led me to pursue a boring office job – and trust me, I would have been a better astrologer.

Now, a disclaimer: I do take astrology with the proverbial grain of salt. I do. I know it can’t all be true, and logistically it doesn’t make a lick of sense.

(This: http://www.badastrono
Mar 30, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone interested in self-discovery
Shelves: greatbooks
This book totally rocked me. It is to most other astrology books what fresh-squeezed organic orange juice is to Tang. Some of the claims it made about my sign shocked me so much I had to put the book down to digest them and pick it up again later. I've read certain sections over and over again and every time I find something new and valuable that I never really noticed in the text or never considered fully. I'd say this is one of my 'desert island' books, except that good books make me realize h ...more
Ani
Jun 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-own
The first time I started reading this book in the store, I started tearing up because most (if not all) of what it said about my sign (Cancer) was eerily true, the good as well as the bad. It was too thick for me to read in one sitting so I told myself to buy it one day and now that I have it, I don't regret it!

While astrology might not be exact (there are other elements at play when it comes to characteristics of someone's personality like the environment, the way the person was brought up, etc
Rukshana
Dec 06, 2007 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite astrology books - it is THE textbook. A favorite coffee table read at parties! Intelligently written and surprisingly accurate although descriptions of each zodiac sign are based on sun sign only. This book won't help you create your astrological chart, but it will give you great insight into yourself as a human being in (intimate, romantic) relationships. One of the only books to examine gender in relation to astrology. For example, there are different sections for Libra men ...more
Xenomantid
Sep 28, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Campbellians, Jungians, Freudians, asexuals with a good sense of humor, secretly judgmental perverts
Shelves: occult
Sextrology is a Pandora's box. You can find some good at the bottom if you search assiduously enough, but the multitudinous evils conceal it. No, that metaphor is better reserved for Barbara Walker's The Woman's Encyclopedia of Myths and Secrets and the works of Gershon Legman. Sextrology is more like eating pepperoni pizza at a friend's house when you wanted cheese: it doesn't quite measure up to your standards, and you know that you're partaking of something other than what you wished for, but ...more
Kd
Jun 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I only read my sun sign and a recent past relationship and it was super interesting to read. I learned things about myself that I might need to work on. I also had some Ah-Ha moments where I understood why I may be like the way I am. There were a lot of things that matched with me. There were some things I may not have agreed with but we have to take in our own opinion. Not everything can match exactly right. I loved how it had the descriptions of each man and woman. I also liked the description ...more
Audrey Babkirk Wellons
Jan 30, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: girls planning sleepovers, sun-sign junkies
First off, the name of this book is SEXTROLOGY. Second, the authors are Starsky and COX. Sold and SOLD.

Given these classy attributes, I was surprised to find that this was one of the more in-depth sun-sign books around. I mean, you get 26 pages on Gemini Woman, for instance. And while part of that is bedroom antics, het-vs.-homo preferences, and annoying psychobabble, a lot is thorough personality assessment. And for each sign and gender you get commentary in the margins about the related symbol
April
Aug 18, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: hardly anyone. It's a guilty pleasure.
My friend's roommate had this on his bookshelf, and out of boredom and, admittedly, what I found to be an alluring title, I picked it up and began perusing. Oh WOW, did it ever have ME pegged, as well as the habits of my (ahem) suitors, past and present. This was so alarmingly accurate that I simply had to buy my own copy, as I kept going over to aforementioned friend's house just to look something up! Very fun, very hilarious, very scary.
Valerie Baber
Aug 07, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sexuality
The cleverly pen-named authors "Starsky & Cox" provide endless amounts of titillating cocktail conversation and useful research material upon meeting someone new. Each profile will offer about 25 pages of detailed information. While it's a light-hearted subject, at 560 pages, this is no light book for flipping through, but it's highly amusing, interesting and worth the investment of your time.

Barbara Peña
Feb 14, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This book is highly-entertaining and never fails to liven up a dinner party or get together! Keep it on your coffee table if you've got friends coming over - instant good times. Ever wonder why your ex was so weird? This book may just clue you in. Lots of fun.
SmarterLilac
Feb 14, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Right up there with my favorite astrology books...ever.
Passenger B.
As far as astrology, or particularly the astrology of sex and the sexes, goes I found this to be a surprisingly thorough book.
I have read Joanna Martine Woolfolk's hilarious little book Sexual Astrology: A Sign-by-Sign Guide to Your Sensual Stars which suggested such unsavory things as Capricorns generally being turned on by their lover sticking their toe in their armpit. Alas, I still wonder how many Capricorns she may have tried this on and how well the author herself actually reads facial ex
Karen
Sep 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book isn't subtle and really gets into the down and dirty traits of each sign from the physical aspects to what's going on in the bedroom. It's hilarious and sometimes down-right insulting. I love it! The authors are biased for some signs though so it's not a fulfilling read.

I had a lot of fun reading my friend's signs. The 'Turn-on' section was especially a great conversation starter. There was a lot of things that were fairly on point about people but also some that didn't seem to apply.
Holly
Aug 18, 2011 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: in depth studiers of astrology
Mimi  Toure-Gorham
May 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a gem this book is. The in-depth and original approach it has is quite delightful.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading and spending time with this book, it gave me a new perspective on Astrology and covered all the topics I liked and wanted to know more about.

Contemporary, fresh was the feel and I am ever so grateful the cover is red, caught my eye right away that day in the book shop!

Mimi TG
Uyen Nguyen
Jul 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was wildly entertaining! The book holds sharp-witted humor, fantastic astrological insight and is fun. Its most distinctive quality and comparative advantage beyond all others includes the dissection of astrology. Sextrology breaks down sex and astrology for males/females and as well for heteros and homos. I.e. ARIES FEMALE section: for straight female and for gay female. I love this book! Perfect as a coffee table book (if there are no children around).
Puna Baris
Jun 03, 2014 added it
Shelves: ingilizce
The book is interesting although it may also not be so,if you don't have an open mind about the subject. However,what amazes me is that; this book has a seriously intellectual language. It's hard to deny that its been written with highly sophisticated insights and has an over-the -top understanding of complicated human condition. Therefore, it's not just another silly book of astrology but almost an introduction to some sort of a social science.
Amanda Patterson
Everything you want to know about sun signs and their sexual makeup. From fantasies to emotional needs to the psychology behind it all, Sextrology doesn't disappoint.
The book is filled with famous and infamous individuals from each star sign. It includes body rulership, symbols, elements, straight and gay turn-ons.
I always test these books by telling different star signs what the authors say about them. This one gets a 95% accuracy rating.
Lauren Kayes
Aug 02, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: witchy
Was hoping this would be an entertaining read, but I could not get past the casual racism/transphobia/biphobia/etc. ("Primitive/native women," "Asians/Latinas," and "transsexuals" listed as kinks/turn-ons? Yikes.) The gay/lesbian sections felt like afterthoughts at best, and I'm regretting having spent the money and bookshelf space on it. Fun concept, poor execution.
Veronica
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hot Singer Shreya Ghoshal Nude Photoshoot Showing Big Breast And Pussy

All’s fair in love and work. The first standalone romance by New York Times and #1 international bestselling author Christina Lauren (Beautiful Bastard) is a sexy, compulsively readable romantic comedy that dives headlong into the thrill and doubt of modern love.

Despite the odds against them from an embarrassing meet-awkward at a mutual friend’s Halloween party, Carter and Evie immediately hit it off. Even the realization that
A Templeton
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: written-reviews
this bloody book...

have had this for years and keep coming back to it when i feel like really going into one of the signs - most recently when I needed a relationship diagnosis, and I absolutely found it.

I've been studying astrology for years and Sextrology one of the best sources I've come across for archetype studies.. also fairly unironically grounded in a SATC-style dating mis en scene? lol. the best parts for me are those that connect the signs to literary personas, biblical figures, myths,
Ferris
Aug 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-help, astrology
Finally! I learned so much from this even being knee-deep in astrology geekiness prior to finally buying this, but the writing was so incredibly redundant at points that it became a chore to slog through :( What this book really could have used was a good, solid editor to give it a better run-through, because there are quite a handful of typos, the same phrases used multiple times on singular pages, and for some reason whenever skin-tone was specified for a sign's physical appearance it was only ...more
Elizabeth Norris
May 13, 2017 rated it liked it
This book is a fun read to pick up now and again, but that's all it is for me. It does offer information about each sign that you won't find in other books. I consider myself very open to astrology and the sun signs, but I don't find this book very credible at all. I start with my sun sign, and if it doesn't hit the nail on the head at least most of the time I don't really feel that I can trust what the authors are saying. I like to read this to friends and reference it once in a while, but I'll ...more
Lodane
Nov 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fictional worldbuilders
The 1-5 Star Review is the total of what I have to say about this book, specifically.

Caveat: This review is historical/archival in nature. 'Date read' is speculative.

This book is one of many books I have read about the occult/paganism/witchcraft. This was the readily available faith in my household as a child. Additionally, I worked for a company in this field, 2015-2016, and had to read an ocean of this stuff to do my job.
Alexa
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this book! Literally this is my reference book on anything I wanna know about the signs. Seriously one of the greatest finds aside from Astrology for Dummies ;)
Brian
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
The title says it all.
Lizzy
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
No matter what you believe about this kind of material I can guarantee you and your friends will have a blast
avnish v nair
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting read...well written..bit hard to believe the research.
Natalie Dunn
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book. :)
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Darkside Zodiac
  • Born on a Rotten Day: Illuminating and Coping with the Dark Side of the Zodiac
  • Astrology for Lovers
  • Astrology, Karma & Transformation: The Inner Dimensions of the Birth Chart
  • The New Astrology: A Unique Synthesis Of The World's Two Great Astrological Systems: The Chinese & Western
  • The Astrologer's Handbook
  • Parker's Astrology: The Definitive Guide to Using Astrology in Every Aspect of Your Life (New Edition)
  • Linda Goodman's Love Signs: A New Approach to the Human Heart
  • The Only Astrology Book You'll Ever Need
  • Astrology for the Soul
  • The Handbook of Chinese Horoscopes
  • The Secret Language of Relationships: Your Complete Personology Guide to Any Relationship with Anyone
  • Planets in Composite: Analyzing Human Relationships (The Planet Series)
  • Sex Signs: Every Woman's Astrological and Psychological Guide to Love, Health, Men and More!
  • Astrology, a Cosmic Science