Start by marking “Not Looking For Love: Episode 1” as Want to Read:
Not Looking For Love: Episode 1

Not Looking For Love: Episode 1

(Not Looking For Love)

Alternate cover edition for ASIN B00OPKXD14

***The first episode of an edgy and steamy New Adult romance, Not Looking For Love***

Sometimes, what you want is not really what you need.

Gail is only twenty-two years old and her mom is dying. Not just dying, she will be dead in a few days, if the doctors are to be trusted, and Gail is certain she herself wont survive that.
Nook, 133 pages
Published October 20th 2014 by By the Pond Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Not Looking For Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Not Looking For Love

Start your review of Not Looking For Love: Episode 1
Coco.V
Nov 09, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (11/09/2017)!
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Mar 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Not Looking for Love is Episode One in this serial. It's a short quick read. It doesn't have a huge cliffhanger but it leaving you hanging and wanting more.

Gail is a going through a lot. She home on college break but it's not a good break. Her mother is losing her battle to cancer. Gail's best friend lives next door. AT her friends house she meets the gardener, Scott. Scott is hot and sexy. Gail puts herself out there a couple times to Scott but he turns her down. When he finally decides to give
Brenda Moser
Feb 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a well written book with strong characters and an emotional story line. The author does a great job developing both the story and her characters,showing all the feels the flowing throughout. It's an intense and steamy story,moves fluidly and I enjoyed reading.

Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Scott and Gail will have your emotions all over the place. Gail is trying to come to terms with a dying parent. Her way of dealing is acting out and making bad choices. Scott is someone that she is drawn to and helps her deal with her grief but is there a future for them giving how broken Gail is? I voluntarily agreed to receive an ARC of this book for an honest review.
Twinsie Talk Angie J
3.5 stars rounded up...

Check out this review and others at
www.Twinsietalk.com
www.Facebook.com/Twinsietalk
www.Tsu.co/twinsietalk
@Twinsietalk

Not Looking for Love by Lena Bourne
I received this book from the author for an honest review.

I LOVE SERIALS. I know some people hate them but for me...knowing I will get a little chapter every 4-6 weeks makes me happy. It keeps the story fresh in my mind and I look forward to the next installment. Also, since I am a blogger, serials are a nice quick jump from
EatSleepReadReview
This book left me with a lot of questions which it should as its episodic and delivered to the reader every few weeks in short, manageable bites.

Gails world is crumbling around her. Her mother has only days or weeks to live and is wasting away, unable to get out of bed. Gails emotional turmoil is very apparent and there were times when I really felt for her.

Scott seems sweet and caring, though at this stage I dont really know what to make of him. Throughout the book it becomes apparent that he
Eye Candy Bookstore
May 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Scott and Gails story is different and emotionally packed. Gail is a wealthy girl that is dealing with the stress of losing a parent. Instead of dealing with the loss and hardship, she tries to act out to try to forget her feelings; this is the perfect time for Scott, the neighbors gardener to enter the story. What rich girl doesnt want to have fling with the hot sexy help?

There were times that I felt bad for Gail and could relate with her decision making to an extent. But, most of the time I
Liza
May 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Received an ARC for an honest review

Not Looking For Love was a little fast-paced for me. Though, considering it's part of a serial, it's understandable.

Love the pulls and pushes of Gail and Scott's relationship. Gail's situation hurts so bad and it was a good thing Scott was there for her.

I may have just risen an eyebrow when Gail revealed that she has fallen in love with Scott already.

I have a love-hate relationship with serials but this one is more on the love side. Cliffhanger that will
Natshane
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: freebies
*2.5 unpopular opinion stars*

My review does not contain spoilers but I hid it anyway because it may contain some unfavorable opinion. Read at your own risk.

(view spoiler)
Kaye
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL!!!
Awe-inspiring! Lena blew me away with this enthralling, chart topping, block busting, masterpiece. A surging tempest of striking events blow this gem apart, exposing one soul searching, life altering culmination. I don't know where Lena gets her inspiration or such unique insight, but she has totally cinched the feelings that run rampant, unchecked throughout. She manipulates her words as skillfully and precise as a surgeon welds his scalpel. Seizing the moment,
Jenn Allen
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Right from the start my heart was twisting for Gail. The pain she and her family are going through was very real, very hard. There were moments throughout the story that I was wiping tears or fighting to keep them away. I feel for Gail but there were also times that I was frustrated with her actions and words. She's working to push away her feelings and the connection that she felt with Scott. She's struggling with this mix of feelings and it's very back and forth. I like Scott, there's ...more
Patti
Feb 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
I have enjoyed many of Lena Bourne's books. They have edge and heart with complex characters that you can accept and appreciate. This story unfortunately doesn't hold the same appeal. I have not watched and waited for a parent die so, I can't say Gail's behavior is unwarranted but, it does not make me like her. I find her too indecisive and somewhat cruel towards Scott. Just because you're hurting doesn't give you a pass on being respectful. The back and forth between Gail and Scott is ...more
H
Dec 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sometimes love finds you even if you're not looking.

This review is from: Not Looking For Love: Episode 1 (A New Adult Contemporary Romance Novel) (Kindle Edition)
This is a well written book about a young college student whose mother is dying of cancer. Her emotions are all over the place trying to ease the reality and pain for a while. Scott, the neighbors gardener, is what she decides will do that. He is handsome, blue eyed, and muscular. The problem is she's not looking for love. She never
Terri Travis
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OMG this book took me on an emotional roller coaster.
Gails mother is dieing from lung cancer and it is a hard road to go down
Waiting for a parent to die is so hard on you and your family. You are constantly on edge and not sleeping, just waiting for that call.
The farther I read into the book, I'm trying figure out what Scott is doing with Mike/Mark (whatever name he is at the time).
I really hope that Scott is a good guy and does Gail right.
Will have to wait until episode 2 and I cant wait.

I
S
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
An emotional read that had me all over the place, a heart breaking storyline of coping with loss of a parent.

Gail is all over the place dealing with one of the hardest things a person can go through and making questionable decisions and second guessing herself the next moment.

Scott holds things close to his chest and we dont get know him until the end, but one thing that will hold your attention is a man of principles despite having his own demons that he is clearly dealing with.

Looking forward
Wendy Livingstone
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the start of a new series and this is a unique and emotional roller coaster journey throughout. Gail is living with the approaching tragic death of a parent from cancer and need a distraction to help her cope, which come in the form of Scott, the gardener from next door. This is a well written quick read which is steamy with off the charts chemistry. I am looking forward to reading more in this series. ...more
Jean Dewsbury
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Not looking for love espoide 1 gives you a great backstory to the events around Gail Henderson and a guy named Scott who happens to be the guy next doors gardner pool guy. Gail is a 22 year old student home from college, as her mother is unwell.
A very emotional rollacoaster of emotions stubborn unsettled characters who I'm sure will create drama as their stories continue. I'm interested to see where their story unfolds when Gail returns to college.
Karen
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
This well-written storyline is episodic and leaves the reader with many questions to be answered in upcoming episodes. The main characters each have something going on, and this causes a push-pull type relationship. I liked it. I voluntarily read an ARC and this is my honest review.
Crystal Wilke
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Not what I was expecting from Lena but dang, I was hooked from the beginning till the end. Gail's story is an emotional story. I cried. I love Scott and Gail. Lena keeps you on your toes. I can't wait to see what happens next.
Natalie Alder
Nov 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Story during a difficult time

A boatload of feelings are examined as the character goes through a difficult timed in her life. He just happened to show up at the perfect time too often.
Pat
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The storyline was well written and the characters were so well created that I couldn't stop turning the pages until I finished reading the very last page!
BJ
Jun 13, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not bad but.....

It was well written. I get the story line. It was just so rushed. Didn't like it enough to expand into the next book. Just needs more developing.
Kristin ~ Book Lovers Obsession
Not Looking for Love: Episode 1 by Lena Bourne

Lena Bournes Amazon Website: http://www.amazon.com/Lena-Bourne/e/B...

Synopsis: *Revised and expanded! This book is now a 200-page NA Romance.*
Sometimes, what you want is not really what you need.

Gail is only twenty-two years old and her mom is dying. Not just dying, she will be dead in a few days, if the doctors are to be trusted, and Gail is certain she herself won't survive that. After a run in with Scott, the hot gardener from next door, Gail
BooksandBeyondFiftyShades
Apr 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
The end of summer is coming and 22-year-old Gail is dreading it. Not because she must return to school and shell lose her beach time. Its because thats how long the doctors have given her mother to live. She doesnt want to feel anymore or think about what is happening to her mother until she spies Scott the gardener from next door. Something about him pulls her attention only he doesnt seem to want to jump at the chance with her.

He just wants to get his life straight since he just moved back
Hooked On Books
May 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Review done for Hooked on Books

4 out of 5 stars

Gail is spiraling out of control. She is 22 and her mother is dying for lung cancer. Her mom only has a few weeks left to live. Grief is consuming Gail.

Drowning in pain, Gail decides she needs a distraction, something to make her feel anything. She sets her sights on her friend Kates gardener. He is gorgeous and looks like he could be into a one-night stand.

Throwing herself at a guy is not something Gail would normally do. Unfortunately, she
Lita Thomas
May 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was given a copy of the book by the author for a honest review. Not Looking For Love: Episode 1 by Lena Bourne is the first book in the series. Gail is rich, going to school to be a lawyer like her parents and her life is in freefall. Gails mother is dying from cancer. The story opens with her sneaking back home after spending the night at her neighbors house after a night of drinking. When she gets home she realizes she has lost a bracelet her mother gave her and proceeds to go back over her ...more
Monique Machuca-Austin
Mar 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Gail is twenty-two years old and losing her mom to cancer, so she goes home to a break from college and spends what little time left with her family. While home, her best friends next door invites over to visit she meets the gardener, Scott. Gail has an instant attraction to Scott, but he walks away, but Gail is determined she wants him.

You should convince him then. Regret is not something you want

Scott is sweet with Gail during this difficult time with all her emotions in a roller coaster, but
J.C.
Jul 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Not looking for love (episode 1)
4 stars

Reviewed for B.y.o.Book Club

Not looking for love is short series that follows the story of Gail, a 22 year old woman who's just found out that her mother is quickly dying. She decides to utilize the gardener, hot, young Scott who's just moved back to town as a distraction from the screwed up way her life is going.

While I really liked the storyline of this boom, I couldn't bring myself to like Gail. She came off as very spoiled and rude to me. I did love
Patricia cantu
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reading your book it seemed you were writing about my mom and I as the

life ebbed away before my eyes. It's been twenty years though it feels like yesterday. The same disease ended her life. I, top, experienced the grief and despair, as Gail. I loved your book even as I cried tears of utter soul wrenching pain. While the pain of my mother's death has dimmed throughout the years, it never really stops. I will mourn for her until the day I too will pass. Thank you for a heartbreakingly beautiful
wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks)
* * ARC given on behalf of obsessed by books for an honest review * *

This was a great quick read. Gail is home from college on a summer break but for her it's not much of one when your mother is dying from cancer, to help numb the pain Gail tries to distract herself by making advances with the next door neighbors gardener Scott. Once he accepts things seem to be more than what Gail anticipated. When she realizes her feelings are more she turns into an ass but Scott takes with stride. These two

• Don't Be My Valentine
  • The Plunge: A romantic suspense
  • Married To My Enemy
  • My Next Mistake
  • Battle Hearts (Storm MC Reloaded, #3)
  • A Real Man: Small Town Military Romance (Real Men #1)
  • Stepbrother's Fall: Book 1
  • Fluff
  • About Last Night
  • Enigma: The Wedding
  • The Drop Zone (Thrill Seekers, #1)
  • Taste (Beautiful Book 6)
  • Cruel Obsession (The Obsession Duet, #1)
  • Academic Integrity (Scandalous Daddies Club, #1)
  • Whipped
  • Tell Me to Lie (Tell Me #6)
  • Dan (Hard Rock Star, #4)
  • Just Pretend (The Bradford Brothers #2)
Lena Bourne writes stories about independent and smart women who mean everything to the strong men they love. If youre looking for deep emotions, hot bedroom scenes, and some suspense thrown in, look no further than her books.

If you sign up for my mailing lists, I promise not to ever spam you. You will, however, receive an early notice when I release new books, which will be available to you at a

Not Looking For Love (9 books)
  • Not Looking for Love: Episode 2
  • Not Looking for Love: Episode 3
  • Not Looking For Love: Episode 4
  • Not Looking for Love: Episode 5
  • Not Looking for Love: Episode 6
  • Not Looking for Love: Episode 7
  • Not Looking for Love Boxed Set: Episodes 1 - 4 (New Adult Contemporary Romance Box Set)
  • Not Looking for Love Entire Series Boxed Set: Episodes 1 - 7 (New Adult Romance Series Box Set)