Start by marking “The Stone and the Song: A Fairy Tale” as Want to Read:
The Stone and the Song: A Fairy Tale

The Stone and the Song: A Fairy Tale

In a world where words are power and magic is song, a voiceless girl must defeat the sorceress who betrayed her.

But soon she will find that the evil touches more lives than her own. A sculptor of near-living statues, a fakir with the power of sight, and a band of children chasing dreams in the desert all play their parts. And at the center of it all lies a heart of stone
Published February 21st 2015 by Clickworks Press

To ask other readers questions about The Stone and the Song, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Stone and the Song

Vicki
Sep 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook-fantasy
This was a fairy tale, and I adored it. I loved the old-fashioned prose. The wording made it feel as if it were written long ago when they knew how to write lovely fairy tales. I loved the sculptor, the Fakir, and the voiceless girl. They were perfect in their roles.
David Caldwell
A sculptor, a handmade to the princess, and a blind fakir with the gift of seeing are all drawn into a quest to stop an evil from spreading across the land.

This is a fairy tale in the truest sense. The language is beautiful, in fact it could be described as lyrical at times. Unlike most stories I get from indie publishers, this story is edited in a superb fashion. Such a nice change.

It is hard to say anything without it being a spoiler. So, I will just say this story is a fight between good and
Kara Jorgensen
May 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Old Style Folktale Reimagined

More like a 3.5, but I rounded up because I liked it.
Pros:
-lovely vocab
-lyrical
-imaginative
-the use of antiquated prose styling in a modern piece
Cons:
-the antiquated prose can be hard to get through sometimes
-characters aren't developed too far (due to genre and length) and at times seem stilted
-at times, especially toward the end, it was hard to tell who was who when speaking

Overall, it was an enjoyable piece, but because I was intrigued by it, I wished it was deve
Joe
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written. Ben Faroe's world is engaging and amazing. He got me hooked into the characters, emotions, environments, and story.

This is a fairly tale written the way a fairy tale should be written.

The bonus content at the end is wonderful as well. Featuring chapters from Faroe's next book.
Bill
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is riveting. If you are at all drawn to old-school poetic story telling you will thoroughly enjoy The Stone and the Song. Faroe manages to layer deep metaphor, winsome storytelling, and charming characters together in a magical, timeless realm of dancing statues, gargoyles, and seers. It's the bed time fairy tale we have all been waiting for.
I can't wait to read more from this author.
Matthew
Aug 04, 2016
Beverly Miller
May 07, 2015
Ben Y.
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: curiosity-piqued