Start by marking “The Victor (The Freemasons - #1)” as Want to Read:
The Victor (The Freemasons - #1)

The Victor

(The Freemasons #1)

Freemasonry never looked so sexy!

Ava Vaughan is back to see her sexy estranged husband for one thing – to get a divorce. After living apart for the last six months the time has come to move on and start her life over. When she confronts Cole the last thing she expects is for him to say No.

Freemason Cole Jacobs isn’t ready to let go of Ava. He comes up with a plan that wi
Kindle Edition
Published (first published May 13th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Victor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Victor

Desere
May 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ava Vaughan steps back into a world of glitz, glam and secrecy, a world where she knows she never belonged. But it's necessary if she wants to get her estranged husband to agree to a divorce. After living apart for the last six months the time has come to cut all ties and really start her life over. But she does not expect Cole to say No! Nor does she expect him to kiss her senseless and pretty much knock her off kilter all over again, just like old times.

Cole is no where near ready to let his
Fiona Marsden
Nov 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
I'm a great fan of this up and coming author. She writes in a style I enjoy with modern people with values I can relate to.

This is a shortish reunion romance. Ava and Cole have been separated for six months. She left Cole shortly after the marriage as a result of an estrangement that began when she miscarried their baby. Ava knew Cole only married her because of the pregnancy and his increasingly distant behaviour seemed to prove it.

The whole thing was exacerbated by his secrecy around his memb
Books Laid Bare
Sep 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a short sharp and thoroughly enjoyable introduction to the upcoming series The Freemasons and if this is just the start then I say bring on the rest because I am certainly ready to read some more.
Ava and Cole are separated after a short time together they have spent the last six months apart but the trauma that they both experienced has affected them in very different ways.
Ava firmly believes that she does not belong on Cole’s world, a one with money and privilege, festooned with secrets
WildAboutBones
May 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Alpha males, second chances, and an organization with secrets

Nicole Flockton has written another good romance, a second chances one this time, with characters that are so real, they jump off the page for you. She handles a hard subject well—the aftermath of a couple who has lost a baby and is struggling to overcome the grief and changes to their marriage and themselves.

The hero and heroine have separated. The story begins with our heroine, Ava, making the decision to demand a divorce from her es
Michael
May 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Nicole Flockton does a great job of setting the stage for her new series with this first short novel (150 pages).At the heart of the story is mystery involving The Freemason's and their charity to save homeless teenagers plays out in the rest of the series. There's a very personal reason this charity is so important to the main characters and I can't wait to see how it all ends.

Cole Jacobs and Ava Vaughan kick off this series with their story. Cole and Ava had a rocky start to their marriage and
Rachael
May 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: must-read-read
I loved this book! In The Victor we meet to different characters. Ava Vaughan is dating the man of her dreams. Life is wonderful with Cole Jacobs. They are an unlikely match because he comes from money and she doesn't, but they both love each other.
Ava gets pregnant and Cole proposes marriage. They marry and the night before their honeymoon is to begin Ava suffers a miscarriage.
Ava is deviated and Cole is too, but will their "love" see them through or pull the permanently apart?
Oh enjoyed rea
Catherine Crook
May 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Nicole did an AMAZING job introducing her fans to the world of Freemasons in the prequel to new brand new series. Ava and Cole are hurting, but they handled their issues without the help of one another, and this places doubt, misconceptions and mistrust within their already rocky marriage. All Ava wants is a clean break and a divorce, or is it? She thinks this is what is best AND what Cole wants. But Cole makes it clear, he wants his wife.

Much like that of Friends/Enemies to Lovers, this second
Heather Badgwell
May 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Cole and Ava know that their marriage is rocky. All Cole wants is for Ava to do one more job. Something she loves, and in the process, something amazing happens.

This story is amazing. Love is NOT perfect, but you can make the best of it, so long as the love is still there!

I absolutely love it, and cannot WAIT to read more of The Freemasons series!
Trisha
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-book
I received this book free from the author for an honest review. I really like this cover, the male is hot with a great chest. This book is all about misunderstandings and lack of communication. Cole and Ava meet fall for each other and marry quickly. When a tragedy happens they both stop talking to each other and assumes what you other wants and needs. The books starts with Ava wanting a divorce and Cole planning a way to get her back where she belongs. I look forward to reading more in this ser ...more
Tjm
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not very good; shallow writing.
Heather
Good, quick read

Sweet story, good character development, smooth transitions between the characters, and an interesting story line. Looking forward to reading the next book.
L H
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was ok
Meh 2.5
Victoria Rainey
Jul 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reading-alley
Second Chance Romance

The Victor is the first book in The Freemasons series by Nicole Flockton.

Ava Vaughan reappears in her husband’s life six months after she left him, to as for a divorce. She thinks it will be easy however; Cole Jacobs is head over heels in love with Ava. Cole will do anything he can to win Ava’s heard again.

I enjoyed how the book began and it left me wondering how this book would turn out. By the end of the first chapter, I could not wait to finish the book. The author did
Angela Cruz
Oct 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a contemporary romance novella. Book one in The Freemasons series, but could be read as a stand alone. This is for adults only due to the sexual content. This book has some great qualities, but I found myself not able to get lost in the story. I completely understood Ava's loss, I could feel her pain. Even though she disappointed me with her indecisiveness, second guessing everything. Cole was arrogant at times, but at least he tried, more than Ava on most points. On the other hand I do ...more
MsChris1161
May 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, own, reviewed
Fantastic start to Nicole Flockton's new series featuring the leaders of a Freemasons Lodge on a private mission. Loved the air of mystery she sets. This first book sets the stage for the ongoing storyline regarding this mysterious cause the Freemasons are privately pursuing, under the cover of publicly supporting a charity for homeless and runaway teens. However, in THE VICTOR, this mystery takes a back seat to the love story of Cole Jacobs and his estranged wife, Ava Vaughan. Each successive b ...more
Phuong
Apr 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading The Victor, book 1 in The Freemasons series by Nicole Flockton. Cole and Ava's marriage fell apart after a tragic event as lack of communication and trust reared its ugly head. After months apart, Ava asks Cole for a divorce but he has other ideas instead. The author did a great job writing about the unraveling of a marriage in this story and the hurt feelings felt by both was realistically portrayed. I felt so bad for both of them as I could understand where each one of ...more
Dana Busenbark
Sep 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Secrecy in a marriage is a hard thing to have, but when you are a member of a society like the Freemasons that require it, it is something that must be done. How does this help Ava and her husband Cole, or does it? What happens after their losses, when she attends a fundraiser that his mother is hosting? Can Cole and Ava get past the loss? Can the fundraiser be a success? What exactly are they doing with the funds? Why is it so hush hush, are there ulterior motives going on with this fundraiser? ...more
Isha Coleman
Jun 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
Tragedy, pain, anger and misunderstandings drove Cole and Ava apart. If that wasn't bad enough secrecy adds a whole other layer to this story. Cole is a member of a secret mysterious club. Ava is tired of holding on to the past and wants to move on. The problem? Cole refuses to give up on her without a fight. However in order for Cole and Ava to have a future together, they have to first face the mistakes of the past. A good story that ended too soon. I received this book from the author in exch ...more
Marcy
May 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great start to The Freemasons series! The series is about four friends who are members of the Freemasons, though it's not the main focus. Just enough is mentioned about the organization to be intriguing without taking away from this second chance romance.

Cole and Ava's marriage is floundering after a tragic event just days after their wedding. After living apart for six months, they work together on a charity benefit and learn how to open their hearts to each other again. I'm looking
Scarlet
Sep 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
“I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.”

A very sweet and warm heart felt love story that began with a marriage due to pregnancy and eventually the loss of a baby and depression on the way & stubbornness which in turn the marriage started to crumble. The author has successfully written the story with such clarity & many interesting events in the book that makes readers like me not to loss interest or site of the story. It has an amazing HEA which I'm glad
Pennie Morgan
Sep 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is the first of a new series. Ava shows up at a charity gala looking for her husband, Cole, after she left him 6 months previously in hopes of getting him to agree to a divorce. However, Cole has other ideas. He does not want to let his wife go. What unfolds is a story of second chances and calming insecurities. I cannot wait for the next in the series.

**Received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review**
Helen Beasley
Jul 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow Nicole what can I say both books are amazing I couldn't put them down

Book 1 victor

Cole and Ava had got married then a tragedy happened and it split the couple apart after 6 months Ava plucked up the courage to go and ask Cole for the one thing she needed Would Cole give it to her or will there be terms and conditions to her wanting one thing she has asked for?

Can't give to much away giving the book 5/5 lots of things that will make you think.
Keri
Apr 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Captivating

I am intrigued with Cole's and Ava's relationship. The book ended too quickly. I want to know about the children that they will have. Not that interested in Jude's story but I want to know more about Dominic.
Humaira
Brittney Lathan
Oct 16, 2015
Sandy Bowen
Jun 03, 2019
USA Today Bestselling author Nicole Flockton writes sexy contemporary romances, seducing you one kiss at a time as you turn the pages. Nicole likes nothing better than taking characters and creating unique situations where they fight to find their true love.

On her first school report her teacher noted "Nicole likes to tell her own stories". It wasn’t until after the birth of her first child and af

The Freemasons (2 books)
  • The Hunter (The Freemasons #2)