Start by marking “The Roche Hotel” as Want to Read:

(The Roche Hotel #1)

After her husband ditches her for a blonde actress wannabe, Jane Seymour needs a job that pays the rent. The struggling Roche Hotel needs a miracle. With the former owner's wife butting her nose into the renovations and new owners who are in way over their heads, Jane may be the answer to their prayers. Sure, she can handle The Roche Hotel's quirky staff. But, can this ski ...more
Audible Audio
Published January 20th 2015 (first published October 15th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Roche Hotel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Roche Hotel

Paula M. of Her Book Thoughts!
This is way too short for my liking that's why I honestly don't know what to say. I like the writing and that's why I wish it was released as a full length novel because this story has a huge potential . The characters are comical, they can make you laugh and swoon and feel for them. But they're not all fleshed out. Especially the main character and her love interest. There's still a lot of mystery surrounding the characters. Although, I think that's what the author wants. Sadly, it didn't appea ...more
Kathleen Kelly
Dec 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Roche Hotel is the first episode in a collection of stories that have a theme of the Tudor era even though this is a modern tale. It is a story of a young woman, Jane Seymour, see what I mean?, who after her husband absconds with another woman, finds herself in need of reinventing herself. The first thing she needs to do is find a job. She finds one at The Roche Hotel where she meets a variety of characters, including the previous owners wife who meddles in the running of the hotel. One day ...more
Jen | Jen Talks Audiobooks
Author Mysti Parker asked me to listen to the audio of this book and review it, so here goes.

The words that come to mind when I think about this book are cute, adorable, entertaining, funny. It is all of those things and probably more, and translates well to audio. It's a cute premise: recently divorced (from a cheating husband) woman gets the first job that comes along, as a night clerk at a local hotel. The hotel is full of characters, all quirky and amusing, and the main character is alternat
Tina Hayes
Jan 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, lrw, funny, humor
Mysti Parker's THE ROCHE HOTEL is a terrific, funny read! Jane takes a job working the front desk during night shift, and it turns out her job is not at all boring. The owners and other employees are a quirky mix of folks, the previous owner's wife keeps dropping by to cover up the naked statue's naughty bits, and don't forget Hunky Henry the Donut Guy.

Jane is adjusting to life after a divorce, dealing with her mother's dementia, figuring out whether she should give in to her urges and start a
Kayla
Oct 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
The main character drove me nuts. The way she focused on her ex constantly, and compared Henry to her ex annoyed the hell out of me. Otherwise, I really enjoyed the book. I had a lot of fun reading about the crazy antics that happened at the hotel. I can't wait for season two.
Barbara Hackel
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When Jane Seymour takes a job as the night clerk at the Roche Hotel, who knows what she was expecting to have happen. Most likely she thought it was a job and that was the extent of it. However, Jane is recovering from a nasty divorce, the unfaithful ex, and was not expecting to hear her boss and his wife arguing when she got there. Seems the wife didn't like that he hired someone younger than her and without consulting her! But it doesn't take Jane long to win her loyalty and secure the positio ...more
Elissa
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My sister worked her way through college as a night clerk at a motel and used to tell me some very funny stories; these easily top them. Set up like a series of half hour TV sitcom skits (without the 20 minutes of commercials sprinkled through), each episode is delightful, building on but not generally dependent on the previous one. I started out reading and then switched to AUDIO and was delighted with the clear, well-nuanced narration. Short and sweet, ideal for quick bites.
Amie's Book Reviews

Length: 1 Hour and 19 minutes

Genre: Romance, Serial Fiction Stories

Production Date: January 28, 2015

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐

* I received a free copy of this audiobook in exchange for a fair and honest review.*

I love the cover of this audiobook. The marquee out front of the dark and mysterious hotel gives the cover a satisfyingly dark vibe.

I have to admit that I have listened to a few books narrate
Joan Roman Pavlick
May 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: mystery comedy short read listens
Recommended to Joan by: author
The Roche Hotel: Season One by Mysti Parker. Performed by Angie Hickman. 1 hour 19 minutes.

Jane Seymour is so tired of life – she is so tired of hearing. “You have the same name as the actress?” Or “You are the same name of one of Henry the eight’s wives.” “Oh, the one that he cut the head off?” “No, that was the other one,” Jane tells them abruptly! Jane ends up divorcing her husband over a wanabee actress thou! Now she needs to get a job to support herself and ends up as a night clerk at the
Elien
May 24, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, adult
This review and more on So Bookalicious

The Roche Hotel will be releases in different episodes. I am not the biggest fan of that because it means the stories are short and often you have to wait some time on the next episode.

The story was too short for my liking, especially if you consider at what pace the story moved. I believe that this story could have been much better if it was releases as a full length novel. The writing was good and the characters were interesting. They could make me laug
Teresa
Feb 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing

i was given a copy of the Roche Hotel in exchange for a honest review.

I listened to the audio book of The Roche Hotel by Mysti Parker, and I have to say I really enjoyed the story.
the story is short was only about 1 1/2 hours long.The narrator done a great job with the story. The story was good and kept you interested. I loved the different situations that came up during a day or should I say night at the hotel. I liked the characters and the way the author gave a different personality to each
Teressa
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing

"The Roche Hotel: Season One is A Good One Loved It"

The Roche Hotel was a super cute story about a girl named Jane Seymour (same as the actress) who goes to work at the Roche Hotel after a failed marriage. Everything about this story was fun. It had perfect quips along with Mrs. Roche saying they were playing hipper hopper music. Business was a bit slow with only 5 guests including a swinging playboy senior with his younger entourage until he turns up dead.

There's a suspected ghost and the plumb
Julie Barrett
Dec 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Roche Hotel Season One by Mysti Parker
This book starts out with a newly divorced woman, who's mother resides in the local nursing home due to her failing memory, and is lucky to get a job as a night desk clerk at
The Roche Hotel. The Symthes own the hotel and it seems calamity after calamity occurs to the point not all their rooms are being used. They catch a break when another local hotel has problems but just can't seem to keep the hotel filled.
There are a few other colorful people to add
Katrina Curry
Oct 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best Romantic Comedy of 2014!

This was by far the easier read of my entire life! Sure, 153 pages isn't a lengthy novel, but if it's a horrible piece of work, even one of that length could drag on for a week! I was still laughing long after I finished it! There is literally humor to be found on every page.

Mysti Parker's prose, as usual, was immaculate. I enjoy her writing so much that I get jealous from time to time...shhhh ;). I can't help myself. I love a well-written, strategic book.

Jane's pred
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
This was an interesting read for me. I've listened to some serial stories before but I've never really read any. This book contains the whole first season and I was kind of glad not to have to wait in between episodes. I had the whole first season at my fingertips. :)

This book has the perfect setting for odd happenings. A hotel. So many weird things can happen in a hotel. And they do. Add in some quirky characters and a hot doughnut guy and you have a fun, light-hearted story that will make you
D.E.
Mar 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Roche Hotel was a quick, fun read. It is witty and well-written. The Henry VIII references were my favorite. The book left me wanting, however, as it was incredibly short and just kind of ended without any resolution. As a reader, I’m a bit tired of the trend that writers cut a novel into several parts. I usually won’t buy these types of books as the overall price of the story can become prohibitive at $1.99 per episode. But that’s a personal preference and has nothing to do with the actual ...more
Delta
I've never read a book like this and I didn't really get it. It was like a serial podcast, but not enough meat to really feel like an 'episode'. While the situations were funny and interesting, and the writing was done very well, it felt very incomplete. I would have like to have seen a short story for each episode, instead of what felt like an outline.

I listened to the audio version and Angie Hickman did a great job. There wasn't much to go off of in terms or character so it felt like Hickman r
Rhonda
Jan 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 STARS

This is a short book or the first part it is only 65 pages. The character Jane Seymour is the main character. She is a divorced. Jane just got the job working at the Roche Hotel front desk at night.

She has some interesting things happen to her while working. I like Jane and want to see what happens next to her.

I also like the former owner of the Roche Hotel. She is determined little old lady.

I would like to read the next episode of the Roche Hotel..

I was given this ebook to read and in re
Anna
Mar 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An interesting story, the beginning of the Roche Hotel adventures. Jane Seymour gets a new job in a struggling Hotel (and its ghost) and meets Henry, the Doughnut Guy who is handsome and most promising to make her forget her looser husband that left her for a bimbo actress. The narration is hilarious, there is no bedroom activity (yet) in this first book but it's really lovable and deserves a reading and a five star review.

Thanks a lot Mysti Parker and Angie Hickman for this book, looking forwar
Jan
May 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short, funny, and leaves you wanting the next one. The characters are believable and clearly depicted. The story flows well, but is divided into "episodes" rather than chapters, which I personally found odd. Overall it was fun and worth reading.
AH is a skilled audio performer who is able to bring the characters to life and keep them well differentiated in voice.
Linda Clarke
Nov 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am a lover of clean sweet romance. The Roche Hotel by Mysti Parker is an adorable story. I thoroughly enjoyed listening to the narrator, Angie Hickman, who portrayed the heroine perfectly. I was able to feel the personality of the young woman easily and enjoyed the humorous moments. Some of the characters were so funny. I would definitely listen to more audios by this narrator and this author. --Written by Author Linda Weaver Clarke
Cara •~•Audioholic•~•
This audiobook was provided to me in exchange for an honest review.

The Roche Hotel was a very enjoyable quick read. I am so glad I chose to give this book a chance because I normally do not go for books that are this short but this book surprised me and I finished the entire story in one sitting. Absolutely recommend this for those readers looking for something short and entertaining.
Chelsea Cole
Recommends it for: anyone
It was an EXCELLENT read! I thoroughly enjoyed the plot, characters, and the comedy in it. Jane and Henry are now one of my favorite couples ever! So cute!! I also really loved Mrs. Roche and how she always tried her best to cover up the statue's nether regions! XD I most definitely recommend this to anyone who enjoys light comedy, a little bit of history, and very interesting/crazy characters!
Deedra
Jun 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A very fun short read!Jane Seymore , not THAT one,works in a hotel.Part 1 has her starting work and the things that happen her first few months.Having worked in a few hotels,I particularly enjoyed it.
Angie Hickman s narration was wonderful!"
I was provided this audiobook at no charge by the author in exchange for an unbiased review via AudiobookBlast dot com."
Paula Shene
Oct 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very engaging read with loveable characters, even the one with the loin cloth.

Angie Ballard
Oct 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SO funny! Few books can make me actually laugh out loud, but these quirky characters did. Now I want a donut!
Judy
Oct 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fast-paced, tangled web of mis-adventures, romance and comedy define this first "season" at The Roche Hotel. Each chapter ends with suspense and I quickly moved on to learn what comes next.
Patricia Kiyono
Dec 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was so much fun to read! The references to Tudor history were awesome, and I loved watching as Jane and Henry got acquainted. I can't wait to read Season Two!
Joyce Hertzoff
Oct 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fun romantic romp in the vein of Janet Evanovich. Great setting and characters galore. I'm looking forward to the second 'season'.
Lizette Criscitiello-Diaz
The Roche Hotel

Jane is a woman down on her luck, divorced and with a mother suffering a terrible illness! She starts working at the Roche Hotel, were business is about the same as her life in turmoil. She meets Henry the Donut guy and they immediately have an attraction. Looking forward to see if there baggage can stay in their past and these two can find there Happily ever after!!!
Mysti Parker is an award-winning author and shameless chocoholic. She writes romance for every reader's taste from super sweet to scandalously spicy. When she's not writing the next best-story-ever or tackling the endless mountain of laundry, she works as a freelance copywriter and editor. Mysti resides in Louisville, Kentucky with her husband, three children and too many pets.

The Roche Hotel (4 books)
  • The Roche Hotel (Season Two)
  • The Roche Hotel (Season Three)
  • The Roche Hotel: Seasons One, Two & Three