Start by marking “Empty Bodies (Empty Bodies #1)” as Want to Read:
Empty Bodies (Empty Bodies #1)

Empty Bodies

(Empty Bodies #1)

In a single moment, everything changes…

Hundreds of thousands of people suddenly collapse, leaving their friends and loved ones behind, terrified and confused.

Moments later, the fallen rise, and the survivors become the hunted.

Perfect for any fan of post-apocalyptic horror, dystopian science fiction, or zombies!

***WARNING*** Empty Bodies is meant for mature audiences onl
Paperback, 1st Edition, 220 pages
Published February 3rd 2015 by Createspace (first published February 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Empty Bodies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Empty Bodies

Dianne
It happened in an instant. One minute all was well and the next, all Hell broke loose. Millions died only to rise again, and they are hungry for meat, live meat. The survival of those still alive is perilous and three people, unknown to each other, miles apart will each begin a torturous and terrifying quest to survive.

Zach Bohannon’s filled my craving for a good zombie read and once again proves that regular people, just like us CAN find the will to survive against all odds, including humans wh
Marylin J. Shaikh
Typos and poor grammar.

A limited vocabulary seriously hampers this book.
Also a lack of anatomical knowledge - when a bullet hits in the shoulder " just below the collarbone" there are no organs to miss.
It's "TRAITOR" not "Trader" and "Conscience" not "Conscious."
Small errors such as these ruin a book!
Just not a book that grabs attention......
Amber
Feb 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of this ebook in exchange for an honest review.

Will, Gabriel, Dylan, Jessica, and Melissa are survivors of a mysterious virus that has turned others into zombies a.k.a. "The Empties". Will they be able to survive the zombies? Read on and find out for yourself.

This was a pretty amazing read! If you are fans of zombie fiction, you will enjoy this. Be sure to look for this book on Amazon and wherever ebooks are sold.
Jennifer Collins
Bohannon's Empty Bodies is a fast-paced tale of a post-apocalyptic world where perceptions are constantly changing, characters are pushed from day-to-day-normality into survival mode, and strangers become the greatest confidantes. The book sucks readers in with page one, and as a new take on so-called zombies, it immediately turns into a fun and entertaining read. The characters are engaging, Bohannon's writing is well worth the time, and the story itself is frighteningly believable.

All together
Jason Thomas
Sep 10, 2015 rated it it was ok
I really struggle with giving lower reviews to independent authors. I believe in helping said fledgling community to thrive. After all, a mans got to earn a crust, right?

That said, apocalypse zombie fiction is not even a dime a dozen, more like a dime for several hundred. So if you're gonna throw your hat in the ring in that genre, it's not even about bringing your A game. It's about finding some tiny little nugget of originality and exploiting the crap out of it.

Think in terms of going out to b
David Delaney
Feb 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Zach has written a great post apocalyptic story with strong characters that are relatable and have depth. Whoever the reader out there may be, you're sure to find a character that best describes you. I found myself walking in the shoes of a number of the characters and this is the signs of a good book. The action is well paced throughout and the story keeps you interested in turning those pages until the end.

This is book one in a series and I truly look forward to seeing what happens next!
Carlie
Aug 08, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: zombielovin
Terrible Terrible TERRIBLE!
I should have read the reviews on this one, they were right. I would give this less if i could. The author had plenty of time to go back and fix grammar and spelling but obviously chose not to. It made reading a challenge so I gave up. Anybody else, read the bad reviews, they are true.
Shannon
Apr 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great book with a lot of action! Doesn't pull a lot from Walking Dead which is a relief. I like that the characters have to make a decision within seconds...it makes the characters more relatable. Highly recommend the book! I'm looking forward to reading Zach's next book, The Witness.
Shari
Feb 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Empty Bodies is the first book in a zombie apocalypse series by Zach Bohannon. It centers around three main characters: Will, Jessica, and Gabriel. The book begins by briefly introducing these characters then gets down to the good stuff right away. People everywhere begin coughing, dying, then reanimating into what the characters call "Empties". This was a pretty typical zombie novel. There isn't really anything to distinguish it from The Walking Dead other than the method of infection. It's not ...more
Amanda
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Just like the rest of the meh zombie apocalypse books.

Yet another zombie apocalypse book. The whole genre seems full to bursting with these tales, and we are at the point that none are original. Empty Bodies was written, well ok, nothing sparkling. The story itself was so run of the mill, and nothing that will make me pick up the next instalment.
Coco.V
Nov 02, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
FREE on Amazon today (11/02/2017)!
Sherry Wilson
Aug 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When it comes to 'end of the world' stories, I have to read them. Whether it's pandemics, EMPs or zombies, I have no resistance. Over all, I really enjoyed this book. I don't usually nitpick books but I did have one little issue with this story. One of the protagonists in the story is trapped in an airplane bathroom. I know the author had to come up with a weapon for the character. But I can speak from experience that there's no room in one of those bathrooms. You're lucky if you can turn around ...more
Joseph
Dec 25, 2017 rated it did not like it
There's just so much wrong with this book.
I looked Bohannon up and he seems like an earnest guy putting his hours in at his craft, but he really shouldn't have published this. This is one if those books you write, share with your nearest and dearest, and put in a trunk while you move onto better things. Maybe you look back on it with a certain nostalgia when you're older and more successful. I really can't see how this could possibly be good for his career.
Andrew
Mar 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Was in the mood for a nice straight forward book without a lot of deep meaning. This fit the bill for a quick but satisfying zombie book. I liked it and will probably be reading the follow on when it comes out.
Colette Hayman
Mar 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Zach Bohannon what a writer!

I started reading this book at 11:00 pm intending only to read a couple chapters, well it's 2:39a.m. I read the whole book! could not put it down. Great story line looking forward to the next installment.
Doreen Morelli
Mar 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A lot of Action

A quick read and a lot of people who have to make life or death snap decisions. It never ceases to amaze me how people handle themselves when terror and tragedy are added to the days "to do list". This novel lets you view it from the eyes of a child.
Lee
Mar 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Survival.

I liked how the author focused on individual survival tactics rather than the zombies. The living are more dangerous. Surprising twists, especially at the end.
maryland farmer
Mar 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good book

I am a fan of The Walking Dead and to me this book was a lot like that. I couldn't put it down.
Autumn
Mar 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not empty

Action from the start and the pace doesn't slow down in this serial adventure. Interesting characters, will continue with the next installment.
Nick
Apr 16, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Horribly written

Easily one of the worst books I have ever read. Save yourself time and a headache and just skip this one, it is truly awful.
Hans Kerrinckx
May 29, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: science-fiction
What a bunch of bullshit, poorly written enervrend and no plot. Who is the fool: the writer or person (me) who bought the whole series (five books) at once. Good thing thery were only $ 1 / book.
Nannika
Dec 03, 2017 rated it did not like it
***WARNING*** This book is NOT for the zombie aficionado.

Where to begin: This book lacked the attention to detail and depth and character development required to really draw you in to the characters. The women portrayed?...weak. Simple errors. The relative numbers of zombies did not correspond to the relative number of people that would have been around on a work day during the week. Not sure exactly how zombies can FLAY their arms in the air like college girls dancing at a nightclub (Bobby Fla
Brian Manville
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dystopia
In my opinion, if you're going to write a zombie novel, you're going to have to bring something fresh to the table. Not only is the zombie genre a well-worn path, it is a literary rut 3 feet deep and five feet wide. I will admit that this is a difficult task, and credit goes to Zach Bohannon for attempting to be different.

To start, he implies that the Rapture has happened, leaving behind soulless bodies that torment those remaining behind. As a Christian, I will admit that I'd never thought of t
Sam
Aug 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Having bought this on a complete whim and knowing nothing about Bohannon or his writing, I didn't really have any expectations when I started this, all I knew is that it was a horror novel very much in the vein of the Walking Dead. And then I started it and from that moment I was hooked. While story wise this doesn't really go anywhere in particular and leaves things a b*tch of a cliff-hanger (seriously, when I read that last line all I could think was 'Bohannon, you s*d'. Saw it coming but stil ...more
Ashley
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Read!

There are books that get zombie apocalypse stories right & there are some that go horribly wrong & are full of cliches, cheesy dialogue, etc. This is one of the books that gets it right. I was hooked from the beginning, which is hard for a book to do nowadays for me. The characters were immediately likeable and the ones that weren’t supposed to be liked were very fun to hate. The book switches between the perspectives of 3 different characters and at first glance, even though
Shhhhh Ahhhhh
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Not fucking bad. I can't say I'm a super fan of seemingly magically coordinating storylines in the zombie apocalypse specifically but this book otherwise seems to have none of the typical flaws of the subgenre and almost all of its perks. I will enjoy seeing how the author develops this line. Is he going to stick with the current cast of stories and move them into the future or is each installment just going to be a fresh take? It's such a massive event, the apocalypse, that there's more than en ...more
Sean Maples
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Zach Bohannon did an excellent job of writing a zombie novel. The book consists of three stories that collide together in this post apocalyptic adventure. One story starts with an office worker going through his daily routine when people start falling over dead. The second is a man flying in a plane, ( I know "Snakes on a plane" with zombies...lol) when fellow passengers die instantly. The third is about a young lady working in a ski resort ("Dead Snow" reference?) when her guests start to fall ...more
Tina
I'm relatively new to zombie fiction, and I found this to be an entertaining first entry to the series. I liked the way the author introduced the characters, following their experiences in blocks. I look forward to continuing the series.

There have been a number of complaints about spelling and grammatical errors. I did not notice many, so perhaps the story has been cleaned up recently. I did notice the author incorrectly indicating the possessive form of a word or name that ends in "s" which is
Cassie Kelley
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult
This was a pretty interesting start to a series. I’m not usually into sci-fi, but this was a pleasant surprise. The ‘Empties’ are a unique take on the walking dead that I found creepy and entertaining.

The story was fun to read, and it was an easy read as well. The language is simple, and though there was some swearing, there wasn’t enough to ruin the book. The characters are interesting, and the shifts between POVs each chapter was a great way to tell this story.

I would recommend this book to
Teresa
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was extremely disappointed with the writing in the book, grammatical errors, spelling errors and just plain errors took away from what was a poorly executed novel.
And then the idiocy and clichés:
~A crash, fatal to everyone else, leaves two people alive and unhurt.
~The people turned evil within hours of the fall of mankind.
~You can yell and the zombies don't hear you, nor does the kid, but a child whimpering can be heard for miles.
~Zombies dance with Flailing arms like college girls.
I'm stopp
  • The End Came With A Kiss (Beautiful Dead)
  • Bones: The Complete Apocalypse Saga
  • The Beginning (Precipice, #1)
  • Life After the Undead (Life After the Undead #1)
  • The Last (Zombie Ocean, #1)
  • The Monster Within Idea
  • Mutation Z: The Ebola Zombies (Mutation Z, #1)
  • Virus The Unknown (Season 1 of Dying Hope, Zombie Apocalypse:)
  • A Zombie Christmas
  • Ravage (Ravaged World Trilogy, #2) (Damienverse, #6)
  • Phase One: Identify (Territory of the Dead, #1)
  • Dawn of the Infected: A Prequel Novella (Hybrid Chronicles)
  • Mace of the Apocalypse (Mace of the Apocalypse #1)
  • The Heights of Perdition (The Divine Space Pirates, #1)
  • The Sea Was a Fair Master
  • Extinction Red Line (The Extinction Cycle #0.5)
  • As The World Dies: Untold Tales Volume 2
  • Among the Dead and Dying (Among the Masses Book 1)
Something about the dark side of life has always appealed to me. Whether I experience it through reading and watching horror, or listening to my favorite heavy metal bands, I have been forever fascinated with the shadow of human emotion.

While in my 20's, I discovered my passion to create through playing drums in two heavy metal bands: Kerygma and Twelve Winters. While playing in Twelve Winters (a

Empty Bodies (6 books)
  • Adaptation (Empty Bodies #2)
  • Deliverance (Empty Bodies #3)
  • Open Roads (Empty Bodies #4)
  • Damnation (Empty Bodies #5)
  • Revelation (Empty Bodies #6)
“Her blue eyes went right through him and reminded him of how thirsty he was from their ocean tint.” 0 likes