Start by marking “The Secret (Irin Chronicles, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Secret (Irin Chronicles, #3)

The Secret

(Irin Chronicles #3)

Only when the darkness falls can you see the light of the stars.

For thousands of years, the scribes and singers of the Irin race have existed to protect humanity and guard the gifts of the Forgiven. They have lived in the shadows. They have kept their secrets.

But the Irin aren’t the only race with secrets.

Ava and Malachi have found each other, but wounds as deep as theirs
Published March 17th 2015 by E. Hunter

To ask other readers questions about The Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Secret

Elizabeth Hunter
Feb 10, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
description

First time in Kindle Unlimited!

So excited to announce that the entire Irin Chronicles series is in Kindle Unlimited for the next few months. I don't put much in KU, so if you're a KU reader, grab it while you can!
➜ Amazon: http://amzn.to/2aHGk17
Phrynne
Apr 28, 2016 rated it liked it
This was a satisfactory finish to the story of Ava and Malachi. All the ends were fairly neatly tied up and everyone got their just desserts. The last page was predictable but still emotional ( just a little tear in the eyes).
However the book as a whole did not really zing from beginning to end! In fact it dragged for most of the time. We spent an amazing amount of time in the bedroom with our two apparently insatiable lovers which became just a tad repetitive. In between bedroom scenes there wa
Ira
I’m not in the mood to write a long review.

This one is an excellent adult fantasy series/chronicles.
The story, the world building is unusual and for once, we’ve got a wonderful hero who experienced the unthinkable to be with the heroine. ❤

It started with the heroine who have been told she have a mental illness because she hear voices since forever. Lucky for her she have rich parents, so she doesn’t need to end up in a mental hospital.

In one of her trip to try to get better and find another psyc
Seffra
4.5-5 stars!

I'll just say..WOW what an amazing ending!
Meet my Malachi:
Meet my Ava:
description

I was quite disappointed with the second one and it took me a while to get over my sadness. The second one, The Singer , had to live up to the epic perfection of the first one, The Scribe, and that was no easy feat.
The Secret more than made up for The Singer's pitfalls, I can tell you that!
description

I loved how this felt like a new book, Hunter did not reiterate EVERY aspect of the Irin/Irina history and the people. We got
Kara-karina
Feb 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5/5
What a lovely ending to this series! Irin Chronicles always had a captivating, vivid world-building as a background to the unique story of scribes, angels & Grigori. As a plus it's set in Europe not in North America or UK, and the reader can enjoy hopping on a train and travelling from Istanbul to Italy to Vienna and many other locations without feeling like he is crossing big cultural and territorial borders. Europe is compact, cosy and utterly charming, and the author passes that char
Annika
Sep 22, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm a little torn about how to rate this book.
The first two thirds were really, really slow. So much talking, strategizing, traveling... politics, secrets... Sure, the previous books weren't an action fest either, and the whole series stood out from the mass of PNR with its placid and graceful writing style, but at least in the prequels, there was lots of stuff going on. In a nutshell: I was bored most of the time. I still loved the majority of the characters and Ava and Malachi made my heart m
-y.a
May 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Scribe: 4-stars
The Singer: 3-stars
The Secret: 4-stars

"This realm is so very brutal.”
“And whose fault is that?”
“Humans,” “It has always been so. Be careful. Free will is a dangerous thing.”

What to expect in this trilogy:

The world building is original.
Superb writing
Great character development
Intriguing storyline
Swoony romance

Ms. Hunter ended the story of Mal and Ava on a beautiful note and tied up all loose ends. And yes, one can see more Irin books in the future. Fingers crossed:)
Lonna | FLYLēF
Jun 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-challenge
FLYLeF Book Reviews

Original Post: The Secret (Irin Chronicles 3) at FLYLeF (www.flylef.com)

I SAT DOWN one morning in July with a steamy cup of coffee and The Secret with the intent of reading a chapter, or two at most. Somehow, I ended up hours later with the last sip of my coffee long taken, the breakfast dishes untouched in the sink, and an overflowing basket of laundry begging for my attention. Fortunately, it wasn’t a complete waste of a day. I’d like to think of it as feeding my imagination – a crucial skil
Douglas Meeks
Mar 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Well there were several 'secrets" to this story and I really can't tell you about any of them since I don't do spoilers.

Ava and Malachi continue putting their relationship back together after the events of previous books. The enemy Fallen become a bit murky where some of their motivations actually lie (this started giving me a headache). There are plots within plots here.

Ava has the power to bring Malachi's power back to some unknown extent but she is still holding back (this was somewhat frustr
Sunny
4.5 stars. Taking the story to places I did not expect. So imaginative and spiritual.

This is an impossibly beautiful story. I could never have imagined the series taking this kind of turn. I relished every moment. Of course, there is the beautiful love story between Ava and Malachi. It brings an ache to my heart. However, I’m also taken in by the larger story arc featuring the Forgiven, the Forgotten, and the Gregori. This story is about redemption and grace and I’m in awe of how Elizabeth Hunt
Belkis
Dec 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, audios
LOVED LOVED LOVED EVERY SINGLE WORD! Amazing. Elizabeth Hunter can do no wrong. EVER. What a fanfreakintastic end to Ava & Malachi's story. And I'm SO HAPPY that EH will be continuing with more future stories from this Irin world and I cannot wait to dive into them all.
Andrea
Me after reading this series:
description

People, this is the way books should be written.
This series is a complete master piece. I loved every single word of it.
I fell in love with the whole story, with each characters, the plot, setting, even with the covers.
Ms. Hunter created a world and characters I will never forget, neither their stories. I'm sad 'cause Ava and Malachi's story is over but infinitely glad the author is not done with the Irin and Grigori worlds. There's so much we still need to know fro
Hailee (haibooklovers)
Jul 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pnr-uf-scifi
Why yes, I did binge read the whole trilogy in one day.
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
Really great series. I was captivated.
Shari Kay
Oct 23, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr-uf
Well, I finally got around to reading the finale of Malachi's and Ava's story...

The Secret takes place a few weeks? after the conclusion of book 2 and we still have Malachi and Ava struggling with the return of his memories.

His not remembering pieces of their life together is a thing for Ava. She says she loves him, (and I believe she does, cuz you know, we are reminded of how much she mourned...a lot) but isn’t satisfied with who he is right now. Like in book 2, this seriously pisses me off.

A
Sandra ~ ♥ Cross My Heart ♥
"She walked as she always walked in these dreams. Slowly. With no thought of where she was going. She only knew that within this forest, a dark angel walked on her right and her mate walked on her left." (Opening scene, Prologue of The Secret)

From the opening lines to the very last page, I was bound by the magic of Elizabeth Hunter's The Secret. The apprehension I was feeling over knowing this book would wrap up Ava & Malachi's story line vanished, as their story unfolded in an achingly beau
Amy
Feb 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2015
Okay – first off I have to say that my first feeling upon finishing this book was disappointment.

I. Was. Disappointed.

BUT (come back, Elizabeth! We can still be besties!) that disappointment was because this really does end the arc for Muh-LAH-chee (I CANNOT HELP MYSELF!) and Ava. That makes me sad. I want to know more!

The second feeling (I’m making an open-faced sandwich here; or a sandwich with the delicious cheese on the bottom, the meat of criticism in the middle, and a tiny layer of…decepti
Melindeeloo
Feb 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, x2015
The Secret is probably more aptly named 'The Secrets' and those secrets are game changing for the Irin/Irina, and the truth behind them answers most of the questions that have been dangling in the previous two books.

I really liked The Secret and the way that things came together- we've been given peeks into the angels' plotting and their goals finally become clear as they finish moving Ava and the Irin in into place with Joran and his allies and enemies makimg their moves in the endgame.

As to
Ezinwanyi
4.5 stars.
Elizabeth Hunter saved the best for the last. This book finally delivered the answers to the questions that I have grappled with since book 1. It's nice to have a story finally draw together all the loose ends.

Ava and Malachi experience a role reversal, as Ava found herself trying to help Malachi rediscover his past and his history. It was nice to finally see them as a couple and dreaming together. My favorite sentence was "I am for Ava!" I think that sentence encompassed all!

What I l
Victoria
Feb 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great ending to a wonderful trilogy! Highly recommended.
Meg (booksandwinewithmeg.blog)
It took me a while to finish this book. The first 60% was dull. The battle was rushed, and there wasn't enough Ava and Malachi for my liking...
Stephanie Tibbs
Mar 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Vashama canem, reshon.

Hmm. Well, I can't say I'm completely satisfied. I love EVERYTHING Elizabeth Hunter writes. This series has been my favorite to date. It is so original, so detailed, so beautiful, so magical. I waited and waited until the conclusion of Ava & Malachi's story came out. And now, I'm just *meh*.

Pros:
-Detail.The attention to detail is fantastic. One of my bucket list goals is to go visit Turkey and all its glory. The world building Hunter creates is fantastic and makes me
Nika ♥Living Cre8tively ♥
When I read an entire series it's so hard to write a review. When I love and author, writing the review is even harder.

The truth is I love this book and I love this series. Elizabeth has a way of writing a book that will pull you into the world so deeply that if you never set foot in any of the places she writes about you will feel like you were there. This book was amazing from start to finish. She weaved a tale so intricate that I felt like when this story ended I lost a couple of best friend
Whitney
Mar 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 stars

This was the conclusion of Ava and Malachi's story. There was a lot going on in this book. And a lot of people/angels/beings. That in itself was the only thing that was hard about this book, keeping track of who's with who and what's what. As for the actual story, I loved it. The development of Ava and Malachi's relationship was beautiful to read. As always, Elizabeth Hunter knows how to write a good story.
Zeek
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was ok
Wrapped the trilogy up nicely- an added star for this alone. But thats just it. It was too nice. Add Lots of meetings and strategic "talks"- a convenient and lazy way to info dump imo- and...I was bored through most of it. :/
KelticKat
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 599-under-ebook
Hope and Purpose

I think that these two words sum up this book and trilogy as well. It’s truly what we all need - and this is ever so true in the saga of Ava and Malachi.

They have know the hugest joy and the deepest sorrow. In this conclusion of their story we find the answers to so many questions. I love how even though there were earth shattering (almost literally) answers - they never wavered in their love and commitment to each other. Did they fight - YES - Did they have issues to work throug
Minni Mouse
DNF around halfway because SQUIRREL. But really, though, the temporary lift on my dislike for contemporary, paranormal urban fantasy was bound to end sometime. The fact that I loved The Scribe so much despite it being a mix of all my lest favorite genres should really attest to how much action the series started with. Until it didn't, that is, and it became politicky and endless talk for most the book.

Did Malachi's and Ava's story end epically? Apparently. So who knows. "It's not you. It's me.
Tina Lynne
Mar 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
How do you even begin to describe a book that you have longed to read for so long and then you do and it exceeds all your hoped it would be? Well, let’s see if I can describe what I loved and how much I loved everything about this book! THE SECRET is the perfect ending to my one of my all time favorite series! Elizabeth Hunter has brought all the mysterious loose ends together in an incredible, adrenaline laced story of passion, truth, and new beginnings. Ava and Mal are so brilliantly written t ...more
PepperP0t
The perfection of The Scribe details Malachi's purpose, part of which are safeguarding and handing down the lyrics of a generation. The head-scratcher known by many as The Singer describes the accompanying music directed by Ava, keeper of the accuracy, hope, the ebb and flow of power and the relationships of a generation in an ancient society.

That complex arc merges here. The reads combine and translate to partnerships and family at stake and at the forefront of the war concluding with represen
Quynh
5 utterly beautiful and captivating stars

The third installment was more than I expected, with revelations and surprises that took me on a journey that evoke emotions that not many books can create.

This was a love story beginning from the first book to the third one. It's a love story not just for two soul mates, but also the love from a father to a daughter, a brotherhood, a sisterhood, family made from blood and the ones that become your family as you connect with people in the journey of life
  • One For the Money (Night Huntress, #4.5)
  • The Brush  of Black Wings (Master of Crows, #1.5)
  • Dragon Knight's Sword (Order of the Dragon Knights, #1)
  • Give Me Desire (Reason, #3)
  • Tur (The Elsker Saga, #0.5)
  • Tell Me Something Good (One-on-One, #1)
  • The Darkest Angel (Lords of the Underworld #4.5)
  • Until It's Right
  • Remembered By Moonlight (Moonlight, #9)
  • Ever for You (For You, #1.5)
  • Frenched: The Wedding Night (Frenched #3.5)
  • Soul Deep (I-Team, #6.5)
  • No More Secrets (Blue Moon #1)
  • Undying Embrace (The Enclave, #2)
  • Mind Magic (World of the Lupi, #12)
  • Unearthed (The Heights, #2)
  • Barefoot with a Bad Boy (Barefoot Bay Undercover, #3; Barefoot Bay Universe, #14)
  • Learn to Fly
ELIZABETH HUNTER is a USA Today and international bestselling author of romance, contemporary fantasy, and paranormal mystery. Based in Central California, she travels extensively to write fantasy fiction exploring world mythologies, history, and the universal bonds of love, friendship, and family.

She has published over thirty works of fiction and sold over a million books world-wide. She is the

Irin Chronicles (8 books)
  • The Scribe (Irin Chronicles, #1)
  • The Singer (Irin Chronicles, #2)
  • The Staff and the Blade (Irin Chronicles, #4)
  • The Silent (Irin Chronicles, #5)
  • The Storm (Irin Chronicles, #6)
  • The Seeker (Irin Chronicles, #7)
  • Amid the Winter Snow
“Remember,” she whispered, “it’s only when the night is darkest that you can see the light of the stars.” 3 likes
“I am for Ava,’” he said quietly. “‘For her… my hand and voice. For her, my body and mind. Her strength in weakness. Her sword in battle. Her balm in pain. I am hers. Hers to cherish. Hers to hold. Hers to command.” 2 likes