Start by marking “How to Catch Santa” as Want to Read:
How to Catch Santa

How to Catch Santa

From the creators of the New York Times bestsellers How to Babysit a Grandpa and How to Babysit a Grandma comes an equally charming and hilarious holiday offering!

After waiting for days and days and days, it’s finally Christmas Eve. And that’s when you can try to catch Santa. . . .

From Jean Reagan and Lee Wildish, creators of the bestselling HOW TO... series, comes
Published October 20th 2015 by Knopf Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about How to Catch Santa, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Catch Santa

Mischenko
Dec 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
The story was cute, but in a way kind of boring. It basically talked about ways you might catch santa and what to do, or not do. Just 3 stars as it just didn't keep our interest and isn't one of favorites.
Hapzydeco
Nov 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Best read when your child in old enough to have a serious inquiry regarding Santa but still young enough to believe. Lee Wildish’s colorful illustrations make this book a worthwhile addition to your seasonal collection.
☕️Kimberly
Sep 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
How to Catch Santa by Jean Reagan and Lee Wildish is such a fun read and perfect for children who believe. Filled with colorful images it explores how to catch Santa on Christmas Eve. What will you do if you catch him? Do you have questions? It shares how to listen for Santa and how to hunt for clues that he has been there For example, add glitter to a letter you leave for Santa, or place carrots outside for the reindeer. The book is for readers ages 4 to 8 but is perfect for reading to the litt ...more
Kathryn (Nine Pages)
First published on my blog, Nine Pages .

I didn’t realize that this was of the same series as How to Babysit a Grandpa, Grandma, and Surprise a Dad. As well as those first two especially have been selling, I have not read any of them, and I was not particularly thrilled by this one. There’s not a lot of story, but a lot of text. “Don’t you have a zillion questions?” A list of questions follows. “Maybe you have things you want to tell him?” A list of things that you might want to tell Santa follo
Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids

Have you ever wondered what you could do to catch Santa Claus on Christmas Eve? Author Jean Reagan and Illustrator Lee Wildish provide the best 'how to' in trying to catch the Jolly Ole Man. With questions, ideas and lists on all the ways you can try and catch Santa, young readers will enjoy reading about the two siblings as they try to catch Santa. As we all know, it's no easy feat staying up all night to try and sneak a peak at him, let alone capture him.

With it's bright and cheerful illustra
Dena (Batch of Books)
Dec 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
If you want to catch Santa this Christmas, this is the book for you. It walks you through the process, from setting the trap to what questions to ask once you've got him. It also tells you what not to do, like setting up nets between palm trees. It's funny, cute, and already has my kids planning out their Santa traps.

I would definitely recommend this book to anyone with kids that want to see the big guy himself on Christmas Eve. It goes best with a wild imagination. Just sayin'.

Find more Christ
Jenn Swanson
My daughter has made me read this to her twice today. She, apparently enjoys this book. Myself on the other hand.....
Emily Stephenson
Nov 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Summary
How to Catch Santa puts a fun twist on the many thoughts of the young around the holiday season. It is what seems like the popular yet impossible task for every young child today, catch the real life Santa Claus! After waiting a whole year there are so many things to think about before catching Santa. What will you ask him? What will you tell him? HOW are you going to catch him? How To Catch Santa by Jean Reagan shows the endless possibilities for a child and it completely opens up their
Ben Truong
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
How to Catch Santa is a children's picture book written by Jean Reagan and illustrated by Lee Wildish. It is a story about how to catch Santa Claus and what to do with him if you are successful. Today is Saint Nicholas Day so I thought it would apropos to read this book today.

Reagan's text is simplistic, straightforward, and rather hilarious. It is a story about adventurous children trying to catch Santa Claus. It is an instructional guide to how to do such a thing and what to do with Santa Clau
Rachel
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was such a cute read! And creative! I loved the tricks the kids came up with to catch Santa. Also, it’s so cute to see what some kids might be thinking, their questions/concerns (you know past the usual “but how” ones). I particularly liked that they wanted to leave him a head light to get down the chimney easier😂
Camie
From the same author who gave us How To Babysit a Grandma, and How to Babysit A Grandpa, both pretty humorous books, we now have How To Catch Santa. This is the book I sent to my oldest Grandkids, both of whom (as we are to be so lucky) will be "snuggled down" right here at our house this Christmas Eve. Here's hoping Santa manages another annual visit without incident !!
Jana
Most kids will be able to remember different ways that they, too, have tried to catch Santa. This fun picture book gives young readers advice on different ways to get ahold of Santa or at least catch a glimpse of him. This could be a great mentor text for other “how to” stories related to the holidays.
Kristina
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My kids and I thought that this was a cute book. It gave the kids small ideas about how to catch santa but never pushed any ideas. They can always try again next year. I would recommend this book to others.
Kalynda
Dec 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Have you ever tried to catch Santa? What have you tried? Have you come close? How do you know? What is the evidence? These, among so many other questions, and efforts, are delivered in a fun and colorful story as two siblings prepare for the big day.
Jeani
Nov 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Pretty darn cute.
Amanda
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
This practical guide informs kids not only how to catch Santa--which involves glitter, riddles, and cookie manipulation, but also what to do during the few minutes they have with him.
Pam
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Reagan provides tips for catching Santa or at least confirming he was there.
Great to some of these activities together as a family on Christmas Eve.
Charming illustrations support the text.
Angelia
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Such a cute book! .So many great ideas listed in here.I am confident we will catch Santa this year..
Lauren
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: skylar
super cute book. I love this "How to" series. Some cute ideas for kids to try to catch santa and it also supports accepting that you may not.
Angela
Mar 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: board-book
Sweet Christmas picture book.
Stacy Chaney-Blankenship
Jan 31, 2019 rated it did not like it
If you like reading long lists to your children, you might enjoy this. Otherwise, read the front endpapers and skip the rest.
Kerri
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Adorable, silly, and a fun format that leads to a fun read-aloud.
Kim
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
youtube
Kelly
Cute illustrations. Cute story.
Christine
Dec 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
St Nicholas Day
Danny Orozco
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Just read it with my 7-year-old. She gave it 4 stars. The notes on the front and back of the book are great!
Joey Gremillion
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A little late in the game, but your little ones will LOVE this book, in anticipation for Santa's visit. Jason?
Bethe
Dec 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: holiday
Cute as all the other “how to” books, be sure to read all the endpages!
Liz Todd
Jan 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Of all of the books in this series, this is my favorite so far. I kind of feel like the series is wearing thin, but this is a happy discovery!
Lynn  Davidson
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
A funny how-to book with great ideas for children who want to catch Santa on Christmas Eve. Great illustrations.
  • Click, Clack, Ho! Ho! Ho!
  • Tacky's Christmas
  • Santa Bruce (A Mother Bruce book)
  • Here Comes Santa Cat
  • Pick a Pine Tree
  • A Christmas for Bear
  • Merry Christmas, Splat
  • A Pirate's Night Before Christmas
  • Merry Christmas, Ollie!
  • Turkey Claus
Jean Reagan lives in Salt Lake City, Utah with her husband, Peter, and daughter, Jane. Their beloved son and brother, John, died in 2005. Born in Alabama, Jean spent most of her childhood in Japan. Since graduting from Earlham College, she has worked as a community organizer, a union activist, and a writer. She cherishes her years as a full-time mother when she also worked at her children's public ...more