Start by marking “Unforeseen (Alessandra Powell #1)” as Want to Read:
Unforeseen (Alessandra Powell #1)

Read Book

Unforeseen

(Alessandra Powell #1)

Alessandra Powell was raised by her grandmother. Not because her parents were dead, but rather because her mother didn't want her and her father wasn't even aware of her existence.

When tragedy struck and her grandmother died, Alessandra was faced with an impossible decision. She could reach out to her father and convince him to help her or go into foster care until she’s
Published February 9th 2015

☆☆Hannah☆☆
May 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
This book started off good and then just went down the crapper. There was nothing special about the main character yet the popular guys were always in love with her. She went to two different schools in the book and it happened at both. Later in the book once she moved she started dating this guy and he was so jealous. I guess after turning 30 my standards for how MC's act have become higher.
Megan
I was disappointed in this book and the only good was it was a Kindle freebie. Alessandra was annoying and selfish, plus she was too free with her affections. One example is when she meets someone, their first meeting, before even knowing his name they're making out...in front of others. Nothing happens in the story, besides her moving, and there was too much swearing and coarse language for my liking. Not a book I'd recommend and I don't expect to continue with the series.
Amelia
Feb 01, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
DNF after one ten page chapter.

"It's Saturday night and we are at Shady's house at yet another party. I am in the game room playing pool with Jameson, Paul, Sean and Derek since Kellan went to the kitchen to find us some drinks. It's been about 20 minutes now and he's not back yet. I know the house is packed, but there's no way it should take him this long to get back. I am normally not clingy, but something tells me I need to go look for him...

I for one don't drink more than a beer. I like bei
Kelly Clare
Jul 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a 4.5 star for me. Some of the writing was a little shaky, but the writers enthusiasm and natural storytelling ability shone through! White's style is unique and engaging, the pace is fast moving, and I loved the fresh take on the 'hot girl' storyline. Alessandra was undeniably cool, but this book had a 'real' edge to it which grounded the storyline from being overly fantastical. I'll be honest, I've already read and devoured the other three available titles and eagerly await the fifth!
Stephanie Lasley
Mar 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I’m Hooked!
Alessandra Powell has always believed in the old adage, “everything happens for a reason.”
Every obstacle Alessandra has had to face, she has been able to turn into a positive….little does she know, her biggest challenge is yet to come.
Alessandra has always known she was dumped, as an infant, on her Grandmother’s doorstep by her unloving mother, whom has since passed away. She also knows her father is Alessandro Powell, the current Governor of Oregon and she is aware he has no knowled
Heather Schrader
May 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Five Star Read
I was gifted a copy in exchange for an honest review.
Alessandra's mother didn't want her and her father wasn't even aware she exsistence so she was raised by her grandmother.
She was faced with an impossible descion after her grandmother passed away. She could go into foster care till she was eighteen or reach out to her father for help.
In this first installment of this series we meet Alessandra and follow thru her life with all of these life alternating changes.

New to me author I d
Kristen Gough
Aug 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Alessandra Powell is a teenage girl who has been raised by her grandmother since her mother abandoned her and her father wasn't even aware of her existence. She has an exceptionally positive outlook on life and chooses to see the good in people and situations. She seems able to handle anything that life throws at her, which is something she needs to rely heavily on upon the death of her grandmother. It turns out Alessandra's father is actually the governor of the state and she appeals to him for ...more
Karlee
Dec 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The night Alessandra walks in on her girl friend going down on her boyfriend, her world changes forever and continues to go down hill. Her grandma ends up dying and since she's not 18 yet she has to decide will she contact her father once and for all or go in the foster care system. Her father being the governer means she would have to move from Woodburn to Salem. But moving in with her father and his family throws causes life to throw her more curveballs. I liked how this story was based in Ore ...more
Sharon Doucett
Jul 14, 2015 rated it liked it
The cover caught my eye. This is the story of Alessandra Powell, who loses the only relative she has in her life, her grandmother, due to a car accident. Alone, she seeks out her father who doesn't even know of her existence. And once she does, her life changes drastically, especially given who her father is. I liked the story, and it moved at a quick pace, but as for Alessandra herself, I am torn on her personality traits. She seemed too flirtatious to me, and after an incident involving her bo ...more
Spunky N Sassy
Jun 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star
SNSBAH Rating: 5.0

~~~~~~~~~~Dee's ★★★★★ Review~~~~~~~~~~

Being an older reader, high school drama teens do not interest me in the least. But I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed Alessandra. She is strong, confident in her self esteem and takes no flak from anyone. It was a joy to see how she handles jealous, shallow bullies. Her honesty in speaking her mind and her compassion for the underdog was a real treat. She has a sense of humor and easily avoids taking offense. The love between her and Kyle
Donna Baginski
Jul 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Not my cup of tea

This was a well written story but was a bit too fast paced for me in regards to the relationships formed. For high school kids it seemed very adult and had little character development.

The main character runs into trouble with her boyfriend in the first few pages and then just lets the issue go. The characters don't act like teenagers even with the typical jealous girls interspersed. I think young adults would like the storyline but it's just not for me.
Dana
Jul 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I gave this book 5 stars, reading this book made me feel as though I was actually living it through the characters. Even though this is a fast paced book, it very well written and keeps you coming back for more.
Krystal has an amazing ability to write a story and keep you interested the entire time.
Cherime MacFarlane
Jul 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
She has a good handle on who she is. Her grandmother raised her well. That's a good thing because she is going to need every bit of self reliance she has. Dang, but cliff hangers leave me unfulfilled. I know, it’s the nature of the beast.
Karina Blanco
Jun 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great start to the series! The plot flowed well and how love how unpredictable the story turned out to be! So glad the rest of the books are out because after that cliffhanger I must know what happens.
Heather
Jul 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
You have an almost perfect life with best friends, a loving grandmother that is like your mom and in an instant you are transported to a world of money power and influence. How would you handle it all?
Vonnie Hudson
Jul 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good first book

Fast paced story of a teenagers life changed through tragic circumstances. Great, strong lead Character. Book 1 ends on a cliffhanger and the story is strong enough that you want to continue with book 2 to see what happens.
Chrissy Van Der Laan
Jul 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
that title is right on point i am so shocked, hurt and angry how could you do this to me?? I'm kind of speechless i loved this book and the characters what an awesome read. book two is next I WILL be reading it.
Paula Genereau
Sep 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Alessandra's story was heart breaking but it was amazing to see her over come a lot of obstacles and such. She's one strong girl.

This book was awesome. Can't wait to see what happens in book 2
Tricia Bailey
Apr 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love this book!!!!
Pixie
Dec 01, 2016 added it
Amazing and intriguing !!!
Antoinette Hord
Jul 24, 2018
Mya
Sep 13, 2017
Krystal White
Feb 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Niralsi
Sep 06, 2018
Lesley
Jul 02, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
My name is Krystal and I love reading and writing! I doubt I could be without my kindle as I take it everywhere with me as every moment I can spear I spend it reading.

I have always thought of myself as quite inventive and I figured it was time to put my creativity and imagination to work! That's when I decided to buy a smaller laptop that I could easily carry with me and furiously write whenever

Alessandra Powell (5 books)
  • Superseded (Alessandra Powell #2)
  • Solace (Alessandra Powell #3)
  • Vanquish (Alessandra Powell 4#)
  • Permanence (Alessandra Powell Book 5)