Start by marking “Hendrix (Caldwell Brothers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Hendrix (Caldwell Brothers, #1)

Hendrix

(Caldwell Brothers #1)

Perfect for fans of J. S. Scott and Emma Chase, Hendrix introduces the wild and sexy Caldwell boys—three brothers who are living up to their legendary names in Detroit Rock City.

Hendrix Caldwell wants nothing more than to revitalize the family bar—and tear down every last reminder of his no-good father. But business isn’t the only thing on his mind. An explosive encounter
Published March 8th 2015 (first published March 6th 2015)

DNF @ 70%, no rating.

description

Is it me? Is something wrong with me that I’m just reading disappointing books lately?
Someone just hand me a good contemporary romance because this was not it.

Alright, so I have a big problem with women allowing people to boss them around. I have a big problem with women allowing men to boss them around because they got they’re horny for them.
Sometimes I don’t have a problem with broody male characters, sometimes they come along, you know? And I like finding redeemable thin
XxTainaxX
Jul 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars. Hendrix and Olivia meet at a masked charity auction where things hot and heavy really fast in a closet as they let that spark between them catch full flame. Their one night stand leaves them both with lingering interest but they both move forward from that night with the mystery lover. In her search for a job, Olivia ends up working at a bar that is owned by none other than Hendrix. For a little bit, they don't know that they have run across their closet lover. Their feelings were alr ...more
NMmomof4
Jul 31, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-star, workplace
3 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was a major bummer for me. I was really going into this thinking it would be a new favorite...but it wasn't. I didn't feel the connection between our h and H. Other than Hendrix's protective instinct towards her and his calling her "f-ing crazy" (which I guess is a good thing...?), I just didn't get it. By the end I wasn't as invested in their ending as I like to be. Don't get me wrong -- there were some enjoyable times in the book that made me give it 3 stars becau
Goddess Of Blah
Mar 29, 2015 rated it did not like it
DNF 30% - I really tried to enjoy this book. I selected it after seeing the accumulation of 5*, however, unfortunately it just isn't for me.

Not sure why there's so many 5* reviews tbh...
description

Having read the sample, I assumed it would be a hot read featuring a strong heroine, however, it was rather formulaic, e.g. the first $ex scene in the closet was DRY and lacked the requisite DETAILS and CHEMISTRY to make it even remotely hot.
There was nothing sensual about the scene, rather it was lacklustre and
Jos
Mar 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 Sweet, Very Sexy Stars

Well I finally finished this today and it was GREAT but then again what the heck else could I have expected from these two talented authors:)

This story was so sweet and although both Hendrix and Olivia had heartache in their lives, together, they were able to heal each other's hearts.... Can I say how much I LOVED BOTH of them. Hendrix, oh, Hendrix what a freaking hottie and can I say I can't wait to read about his brothers in the future!!!!! We should be in for a real tr
Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~
Mar 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really and truly loved this book. I'm a fan of both of the authors - and working together certainly didn't change that. The characters were fantastic. Hendrix was sexy, broody, and kind of an ass - but for Livi he was, as she said, a knight tattooed armor. Livi was funny and quirky, sad brave and amazing. Their story was wonderful - real and imperfect. I completely fell in love with both of them. The Calldwell brothers were amazing too. I cannot wait for their stories.
Truuss
Jun 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
That was a great read. Hot alpha man and great heroin. Fun and loving. Some parts wil be heavy for some people. It has my favorit ending #mustread
Ally
Indeed consent is required
female power

Setting / Time / Genre: Modern day Detroit. Supposed to be gritty.

Length: 195 pages

Series: Yep, three brothers, three books.

Sexy times: Yes. Descriptive. A lot of it, so if too much sex bothers you, don't do it.

Plan on reading more by the author: I don't know. It wasn't awful, it was just odd.

Synopsis in one sentence or slightly more: Woman rescued by man. Family drama. I mean seriously, that's the gist.

Heroine: Olivia. She rubs her butt upon which she has donned m
CC
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I went into this book by a new to me author pretty uninformed and open minded. I ended up enjoying it a lot. I found the heroine to be pretty funny. I can see how she could annoy people and admittedly the butt rubbing got old. But I just imagined her to be a socially awkward, slightly broken, but hard working and sweet heroine. So she was pretty damn funny to me. I want some empowering panties!

Hendrix was domineering but exactly what she needed.

Safety Gang (view spoiler)
Amy | Foxy Blogs
Dec 28, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Amy | Foxy Blogs by: Kara
HENDRIX is a story of a man who grew up with a crappy dad and how he overcomes that gloomy shadow. His dad made bad choices that not only affected Hendrix and his brother’s lives but ruined Hendrix's mom's life. Now, as an adult, Hendrix is fueled with resentment for his father and the treatment of his mother. Determined to not become his father he makes sure to be the opposite of him every way that counts.

Hendrix owns and runs a bar. His life was going along smoothly until he meets a down and
Cindy ~
Feb 17, 2015 rated it liked it
I went into this expecting the dark alpha world like Chelsea’s other series. This is pretty tame compared to those not that there is anything wrong with that but I was expecting more Alpha-ness. For those that have a harder time with the rougher stuff but have wanted to try this author this would be a good book to start with.

This book introduces us to 3 brothers who didn’t have the easiest time growing up with an alcoholic father who runs a bar and a mother who loved them but took their father’
Laura Johnson
With all the giggles, snorting, and ass rubbing by the h, I just couldn’t connect with her. As well as. the storyline felt short and flat to me. I didn’t feel invested☹in seeing these two HEA. ...more
Leona Woolfolk
When Hendrix was up for review I didn’t have to think too hard about saying yes to listening to it on audio. I’ve always wanted to read a Chelsea Camaron story so I’d figured why not try it on audio so that I can get a feel for Chelsea Camaron and MJ Field’s writing style; seeing if they would be authors I can add to my every growing collection of authors for future reads (I lumped the narrators for Hendrix into this experiment as well). Sadly, my experiment failed.

I didn’t read the synopsis
Chrissy
Mar 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series, read-in-2016
Sexy, funny and fast paced!

Hendrix and Livi are complete opposites, but a masked one night stand, turns into so much more when Livi ends up taking a second job at Hendrix’s bar. Both of these characters are strong on their own, but together, they are quite amazing.

The prologue of this book had me in tears, watching Hendrix and his brothers say goodbye to their mother was heartbreaking, and I felt connected to Hendrix, Morrison, and Jagger after reading the first few sentences of this story. Fast
Jan
5 Broody stars

Wow, I Love the Caldwell brothers

Like a modern day version of a fairytale princess.

Its like Cinderella and her little panties she left at the ball and he's her broody tattoo'd knight.

Liv is trying to change, be stronger and move on from her past so like it's on her bucket list a hot fumble in the closet at a masked mascerade is out of her comfort zone and she certainly didn't plan on seeing him again.

Manwhore Hendrix owns a bar and these three hot alpha brothers are yet to fulfi
Vallsykes
Mar 09, 2015 rated it liked it
This saga of a band of brothers started off pretty good, and I liked the hero, the older brother, Hendrix.

I have anticipated reads to get to, so I'll cut this short and say: If you want a yummy protective, sort of quiet New Adult "alpha-enough" hero who can love a female and all her quirks in more than all the right ways, then read this one for a good two to three hour jaunt through some heartbreak and the some heartbeats of family, love and home.

The story attempted to convey these th
Sheryl C. Nash
*3.5 stars*
Sondra
Jun 10, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars. How can you not enjoy a book where brothers names are Hendrix, Morrison and Jagger!
Book Boyfriends Rock  ❤️   ❤️
review coming soon....
Sue
Mar 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a story of survival and overcoming horrific childhood abuse and becoming who you were meant to be...from every dark place we have to find some place of light.
I have read each of these authors separately...one writes down and dirty alpha male stories filled with lust, bad choices and consequences...the other writes heartfelt family dramas full of hard luck stories and beautiful love sagas of fighting for what you believe in. I was excited to hear they joined forces and produced the first
Kira
Hendrix but particularly Olivia were both immature. They were in their mid twenties but acted more like teenagers. Their conversations were cheesy and lacked intelligence. Hendrix was alright, but his macho you are mine bullshit was irritating. Olivia seriously needed to get her shit together. She was barely functional and depended on others to tell her how to live her life.

Olivia had been sexually abused as a teenager and was traumatized by it. Her method of coping was to buy underwear with emp
Kim
Mar 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Check out this DYNAMIC DUO!!

I’m a big fan of MJ Fields’s work but honestly, have never read Chelsea Camaron’s, so I was wondering how their writing styles would mix and would Hendrix and the Caldwell Brothers stand up to MJ’s previous works. Well wonder not my fellow Alpha Male lovers, their styles blend beautifully. In fact, Chelsea will be a new author for me to explore. Yay!! Love finding new authors...

On to the story... I loved this book!! It has everything you need for a well-rounded journe
Darcy
Dec 22, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, audio-book, 2017
I really liked this one, sort of surprising as I wasn't sure about Hendrix at the start. I liked how adorkable Olivia was, her underwear cracked me up. I liked that she was determined to take care of herself, but happy to see her get sidelined by Hendrix. With Hendrix it seemed like he was fighting his feelings for much of the book, yet he was always there when Olivia needed someone. He wanted to love Olivia, but didn't want to end up like his dad. I was glad when he realized that he also had hi ...more
Tori
Not bad. Nice character development and interesting backstories. I did have some issues. The heroine's need to rub her butt all the time was odd and kind of gross when you think that she served drinks and food. Some plotlines failed to develop, making me wonder why they were added while others resolved in a rather lackluster fashion.
Morilyn
Loved everything about this book from two really good authors, great cover, the title & most especially the main characters & the story line. It ticked all the boxes for me & I definitely look forward to further collaboration between Chelsea Camaron & M. J. Field.
HeatherTX
3.5 stars!

Enjoyable enough, but the ending seemed really rushed....kind of a disappointment there. Hopefully we'll get glimpse into how Livi and Hendrix are doing in the future installments, I liked their characters.

Eleanor
Mar 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Another great read from Chelsea Camaron. Al;ways a fan don't think she can do any wrong! Will have to check out MJ Fields books now.
Angie H.
Jun 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
My first book by this author, but not my last. This one is being added to my favorite list!
Amanda Anderson
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was actually my first MJ book and I had to say I liked it alot. So much so, I am on the third book in 3 days. Hendrix was a great hero in the book. Met Livvy at a fundraiser, they both wore masks, did the nasty in a coat closet. Then not too long after, Livvy needs a job and ends up working at Hendrix's bar. They soon find out after her panties are thrown around that he was the mystery man and the rest is history. This book tugged at the heart strings too. Some emotional/sexual abuse as a c ...more
Hendrix Holistics CBD Oil 1 2 Oct 23, 2017 03:35AM

• Rebellious (True Brothers MC, #2)
  • Hidden Heat (Brothers of Mayhem, #1)
  • Twisted Up In You
  • Angels and Ashes (Heaven's Rejects MC, #2)
  • Jagger (Caldwell Brothers, #3)
  • Red Handed (Benediction, #2)
  • DILF
  • Devil's Honor (The Devil's Keepers #1)
  • My Best Friend's Stepfather
  • My Werewolf Professor 2 (Belonging to Alessandro Moretti, #2)
  • Too Much (All or Nothing, #1)
  • A Civilian for Silo (Hellion MC #4)
  • Never Stay Past Midnight
  • Masters for Hire (Masters Saga, #1)
  • Homeplace
  • Carnal Deceptions
  • The Bedroom Business
  • Blue Ice (Ice #1)
USA Today Bestselling Author Chelsea Camaron was born and raised in Coastal North Carolina. She currently resides in Southern Louisiana with her husband and two children but her heart is always Carolina day dreaming.

Chelsea always wanted to be a writer, but like most of us, let fear of the unknown grab a hold of her dream; she realized that if she was going to tell her daughter to go for her dre

Caldwell Brothers (4 books)
  • Morrison (Caldwell Brothers, #2)
  • Jagger (Caldwell Brothers, #3)
  • Use Me (Caldwell Brothers #4)
“He doesn’t tell me how beautiful I am; he shows me.” 16 likes
“Livi, look up and out the window.” She does and nods as she chews on her finger nail. “The sun is shining. The sky hasn’t fallen. The world is still okay. You showed your strength by coming here. I am proud of you.” 0 likes