Start by marking “Love at First Plight (Perspective #1)” as Want to Read:
Love at First Plight (Perspective #1)

Read Book

Love at First Plight

(Perspective #1)

There is more than one perspective to every story. On Qarradune, it takes two points of view to make sense of the world. What you know depends on whose story you are following.

Megan:

My life went from ordinary to extraordinary in the blink of an eye. I didn’t know where I was or how I got there. I didn’t know if I would ever see my home or the people that I loved, again.
Paperback, First Edition, 279 pages
Published February 9th 2015 by Lulu.com

To ask other readers questions about Love at First Plight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love at First Plight

Start your review of Love at First Plight (Perspective #1)
Marquette
Oct 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I liked everything about this story. At first I didn’t know what was going on but things kept happening that kept my attention anyway. My favorite parts were when the ladies rode the horses with knight and warrior and then the masquerade ball and all the pretty costumes. It was like I was watching a movie. I was really surprised at the end. I didn’t expect it to end the way it did. There has to be another book. If there is I’ll definitely read it.
Letitgo
Oct 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I’m generally not a fan of first-person narrative or multiple point of views, but Amanda Giasson and Julie B. Campbell wield these two devices with perfect harmony and precision and in a way that enhances “Love At First Plight”. I actually fell in love with our two beautiful protagonists earlier on in the story. The character development is brilliant. Megan, witty and funny and Irys, proper and reverent (to her Goddess) are not whiny and wishy washy, but rather strong, yet flawed multi-dimension ...more
Kat Stiles
Jul 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received this book in exchange for an honest review.

I instantly fell in love with the writing in this book. Multiple POV usually drives me nutty and is an instant red flag, but Julie and Amanda pull it off effortlessly. Right from the start, the plot draws you in and the subtle details and intricate writing are just icing on the cake. You can tell a great deal of care went into writing this novel - the authors crafted the sentences carefully to fully paint the scenes for the readers.

I have to
Misty Shadows
Oct 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great read. Kept you wondering how Megan ever landed on a ship of another world. End left you hanging. Next book/sequel coming out 2016.
Rebecca Mckenzie
Mar 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book in a Goodreads Giveaway. It was a book you can read in spurts as the first person narrative alternates between the two main characters, Megan and Irys - two very strong and well developed female leads!

Just as Katniss volunteers as Tribute in 'The Hunger Games' in place of her sister Primrose, Megan bargains her freedom for the release of Irys, thus submitting herself as Galnor's slave. It's refreshing to see female characters take on such strong roles and deviate from traditiona
Remmis
Sep 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Surprisingly good book! I thought it was going to be a romance, but romance isn't the main theme. I like fantasy fiction and this is a good one. I'm curious to find out where this goes in the next book. I hope it comes out soon. I'm actually feeling pretty tense about what is going to happen to Megan and Irys, next. I have so many guesses but I have no idea if i'll be right. I also am very curious about what Galnar's really up to and also about Xandon. I'd recommend this book.
Paula Greenwood
Aug 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't stop reading this book! Irys & Megan kept me questioning and curious the whole way through and I'm looking forward to the next book in the series! ...more
EnviroTodd
Apr 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Love at First Plight was surprising to me on several levels.

- The first was that I had expected it to be a "girlie" book, which it surprisingly was not. It starred two girl characters but they were strong enough that it didn't just feel like the book was filled with "pink ribbons and kisses". So it wasn't directed at just a female audience.
- The second was that I thought it was going to be a romance because of the title and the cover. But it was more of a fantasy/adventure style than romance.
Linda R
Feb 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read. I couldn't put this book down. It is a page turner for sure. I would love to read a sequel! The story line is so interesting...and so well written.
Nicole
Jun 19, 2015
Elizabeth Rogers
Mar 22, 2018
Amanda Giasson
Feb 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
BabyButtons
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMG! I loved, loved this book. I didn't know at first if I was going to like switching between the two perspectives and I did feel a little nervous when I realized it was set in another world because sometimes I can have a really hard time following stuff that's not on Earth, but I didn't have this problem at all. I liked both the characters Megan and Irys. I felt I could relate to Megan and I found her really funny and Irys reminded me of a classic novel. She's so elegant yet doll-like on the s ...more
Amanda Höök-Medina
Dec 22, 2018
Julie B Campbell
Jun 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
AW
May 09, 2017
John Winston
Aug 12, 2015
Julie B Campbell
Feb 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Angelia
JUB
Aug 17, 2015
Denise
Aug 18, 2015
Amanda Giasson is a fiction writer from Ontario, Canada.

Amanda is the co-author of the young adult/new adult fantasy-fiction novels "Love at First Plight" and the recently published "Second Wind"; the first two volumes in the Perspective book series. She is currently working on writing the third volume with her best friend and co-author Julie B. Campbell.

The Perspective YA/NA fantasy series she

Perspective (3 books)
  • Second Wind (Perspective #2)
  • Third Time's a Charmer (Perspective #3)