Start by marking “The Secrets Sisters Keep” as Want to Read:
The Secrets Sisters Keep

The Secrets Sisters Keep

(Devlin Sisters #2)

Sinead Moriarty's delicious tenth novel, The Secrets Sisters Keep, is the story of three sisters, three life-altering problems and one eternal truth: nobody knows you quite like a sister!

Sinead's writing mixes the worldly wit of Jane Green with the down-to-earth warmth and insight of Marian Keyes and will remind people just how important their sisters - and their friends-w
Published February 26th 2015 by Penguin Books (first published July 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Secrets Sisters Keep, please sign up.
Monique Tremblay From reading some of the reviews of this book it appears that "Me and My Sisters" is book one of this series. Same characters but a different book.

Elaine
Mar 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have three brothers but I always yearned for sisters, and the sisters here, Julie, Louise and Sophie are exactly the sort of sisters I craved. I loved them all! We have three sisters who are close and would do anything for each other, yet each is holding secrets from the others because they either do not want to burden anyone or do not want to face up to what is happening in their lives.

Julie and her rough and tumble family have always struggled financially. Since coming into a huge inheritanc
Trish at Between My Lines

This book is the proof! Sinead Moriarty is now my go-to author when I want chick-lit featuring vivacious characters that I love to spend time with. Her humour and sparkle never fail to entertain and amuse me.

First Line of The Secrets Sisters Keep:

My Thoughts on The Secrets Sisters Keep:

A few pages in to this book, a little bell clanged in my brain and I realised these characters were very familiar and t
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
I really enjoyed this read. I found it to be a refreshing entertaining read with a great storyline.

This story revolves around 3 sisters.

Julie mum of four boys has always struggled financially but all that changes when her husband receives some unexpected inheritance. Can it bring her happiness?

Louise is a single mum of four year old Clara. I’m not gonna say much except to say well done to the author on dealing with the subject.

Sophie is now a single mum after her husband leaves her for someone
Maxine (Booklover Catlady)
Jul 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of chick-lit, those needing a light or funny read, those enjoying family relationship stories
I received an ARC of this book thanks to the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review, my thanks for the opportunity.

I don't often venture into the world of chick-lit authors and books these days, but just for once I was super glad that I did. What a fabulous book! I had so much fun reading this book, I laughed out loud, I spoke to the book, I yelled at the characters, it is a book that lifts the spirits.

I was surprised at the depth of content in the book, the characters are very
sue
May 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley

I received this lovely book from Penguin Books (UK) via Net galley to read and review.

I have to say, this is what I myself term a 'chatty read' a lovely lot of dialogue, plenty of things going on, the author is ever so good at narration, you simply envision the person putting the cup on the side, or wiping down the table. Its not over done, its just 'slipped' in and registers in your brain without you realizing you are acting the scenes out in your head. Very clever.

We have Julie.
Julie has a hu
Sheri
Jun 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this book, I hadn't read any of the others in the series but it really didn't matter this could have been a stand alone. I liked the range of characters and how different they were from each other making it easy to find one that you can relate to. I also liked the storylines of each character with many of them touching on the reality of many people. I recommend!!!
Renita D'Silva
Sep 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this heartwarming tale of families and the bonds between siblings. Sinead Moriarty writes so beautifully and from the heart. Did not want this book to end. loved every member of this big, bustling, wonderful family but Julie is my favourite.
Agi
Aug 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourite, 2014
I'm on such a good roll with the books lately! The Secrets Sisters Keep has entertained me wonderfully and kept me awake in the night, I so wanted to know how it's going to end! It was my first Sinead's book, I really have no idea what took me so long to read her novels, I guess there is no explanation to that. I am for sure going to befriend myself with her work. And as far as I know this book is the continuation of Me and My Sisters, and although you can for sure read it as a stand - alone nov ...more
Betty
I received an advance review copy of this book courtesy of Netgalley and Bookouture in exchange for an honest review.

The Secrets Sisters Keep is the delightful second book in the Devlin Sisters series. Five years have passed since we first met Julie, Louise, and Sophie in Me and My Sisters, and things have changed quite a bit in their lives.

Julie—frazzled mother of four whose family has always struggled financially—finds her life turned upside down when her husband is the recipient of a large in
Kim
Jul 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016, net-galley, kindle
This was a lovely book about a group of sisters who are all facing different stresses in every day life. Julie should be living the dream after coming into an inheritance and living in a beautiful house. She has trouble with the new mums at the school gate and misses her old friends. Her boys are very lively and cause no end of mishaps.
Sophie's ex husband has just met a new girlfriend who has 'wowed' her little girl and she's feeling down.
Louise has the 'perfect' little unit with her daughter Cl
Abbie
Jun 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: june-2016
The Secrets Sisters Keep tells the tale of the Devlin sisters - Julie, Louise and Sophie - and the challenges they are facing in life. The book drew me in quickly and reminded me of my the relationship that I am lucky enough to have with my own sister.

Wonderfully warm with the perfect mix of emotion and make you laugh out loud humour, I was totally immersed in the lives of Julie, Louise and Sophie and they felt like old friends. They are three very different characters but I could relate to each
Book-shelf Shelf
Aug 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fabulous story about 3 sister's who look like they have perfect lives, but underneath it all, life is brewing a few shocking circumstances. I thought i recognized the characters and sure enough we have met these lovely sisters in 'Me & My Sisters'. But this is also a fantastic stand alone book as well as a perfect follow up. Sinead has the ability to write about serious life felt issues while keeping the book light enough to have you smiling along with the characters. Loved this book and h ...more
Paula
Apr 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, bookouture
This is book 2 in the Devlin Sisters series. The sisters (and their brother) are finally settling into their new roles. Louise has to face reality about her daughter. She knows that Clara is brilliant, but it is possible that she's not quite like the other children? Louise deals with denial and anger before she is able to face reality for the good of her daughter. Sophie is struggling with her new life as a single mother and isn't finding the dating world to be very kind to a woman in her fortie ...more
Kirstie
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 My second read from this author and I'm still impressed by her way of writing. Although I hadn't read any of the others in this series (I didnt realise it was one) it really didn't matter as it could easily be a stand alone. I loved the range of characters and how different they were from each other. Overall a lovely read
Emma Crowley
Jul 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Once upon a time there were three sisters, and a brother who went to work naked’’ – and so begins another fabulous, funny and heart-warming novel from Sinead Moriarty. The Secrets Sisters Keep follows the three Devlin sisters in their early forties as they cope with all that life has to throw at them with a great supporting cast who provide plenty of laugh out loud moments. The scene where Mammy Devlin discovers where Gavin (the baby of the family) has been working was priceless and made me lau ...more
Suze Lavender
Jul 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Julie, Louise and Sophie are sisters, but they're also friends.

Julie is a stay-at-home mother. She and her husband have four sons and they have a chaotic household. Especially their triplets are quite a handful. There's always in trouble, but they're also great kids and Julie loves them with all her heart. Her youngest son is the complete opposite, he's a lot easier to handle. Julie always thought life would be better when they'd have more money, but now that they are rich because of an inherit
Laura Crosse
Nov 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once again pretty damn close to perfection for a chick lit read. This is a follow on from Me and My Sisters that I read only a few short weeks ago. I very rarely read books from the same author close together it's a weird thing of mine that prevents me from over dosing on a particular author or genre but sometimes I do make allowances and with Ms Moriarty there is no need to worry about her writing style ever becoming tiresome. She is a genius. If all chick lit books read like hers I'd read a he ...more
Loretta Milan
May 14, 2015 rated it liked it
I’m always drawn to books about secrets. So, it’s no surprise I was tempted into reading The Secrets Sisters Keep by Sinéad Moriarty.

The novel, Moriarty’s tenth, follows a pivotal period in the lives of three sisters: Julie, Louise and Sophie. I was expecting a cleverly hidden secret to lead to an explosive ending but, contrary to the book’s title, the sisters aren’t really keeping secrets from each other. They’re hiding their issues and opinions beneath façades instead. However, once my expecta
Karen M
May 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks, chick-lit
Another great book from Sinead Moriarty. This one is about three sisters who are very different from each other but yet each finds themselves in the middle of a personal crisis at the same time.

Julie, mother of four boys under 10, who is a stay at home mom and wishing there were more to her life. Due to a large inheritance she and her husband are in a new huge house and her triplets are in a new posh school. Her husband is tangled up with his job and investing the inheritance so he’s not around
Elisabeth
Dec 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was lucky to receive a advanced review copy of this from www.lovereading.com

Sisters should always be able to rely on each other and it is no different for sisters Julie, Louise and Sophie Devlin. However, there are some things that sisters just cannot share.
Julie and her husband have just inherited a life changing amount of money. Julie knows that this amount of money will change her life – from a life of budgeting to a life of private schools and big houses but she is only beginning to realis
Kathrin
I received a free copy of this book.

This was the second book I read by the author. I really liked the first one I read (Mad About You) and expected quite a lot from this book. I wasn't disappointed.

The story is about three sisters and their family. They lead quite different lives and the story is told from all of their point of views at a certain time. I was a little curious how this will work out in the beginning as I feared it would confuse me but it turned out okay.

Their characters were very
Karen Klein
May 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
NOTE: Received a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

I finished this a few days ago, but wanted to think about the review for a bit. This is the 2nd book that I've read by this author and I will definitely keep reading more. Her books are easy to read and relate to because she writes about real life problems and situations. You will laugh, cry and get angry with all of the people in this family!

THE SECRETS SISTERS KEEP was a little more complex than the other th
Marguerite Kaye
Apr 15, 2015 rated it liked it
I'll say up front that I ordered this by mistake - I thought it was by one of my fave authors, Liane Moriarty - obviously got that wrong. So it wasn't what I was expecting, which means I was bound to be disappointed, and I have to say I was.

The story is of three sisters, and it's told in alternating first person. This is the main thing that didn't work for me. There was a lot of dialogue, and when you're in first person, I always question why the narrator would remember so much of it verbatim.
Leeann
Jun 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
A rollicking fun read in the style of Sophie Kinsella and Jane Green, The Secrets Sisters Keep was a book I enjoyed from start to finish. Family dynamics and sister relationships in general, with all their complexities, were found here in spades, along with the examination of the turns marriages can take.

This is a great summer read. I was always happy to pick it up and keep reading along!

Thanks for the publisher and NetGalley for providing me an ARC of this book. All thoughts and opinions in th
Sonja Randall
Aug 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The special bond between sisters are described in such an unique way with the emphasis on knowing the good, the bad and the ugly about each other. Put a caring, ok, spoiled brother in the mix of this busy family experiencing real life with all its ups and downs with kids of all ages and total different personalities and needs and you have a crazy experience which left you wondering about your own life and relationships. A must read!
Mary Snaddon
Apr 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Follow up to Me and My Sisters. Nice enough wee chick-lit read. Might not have bothered but I had got both books from library so decided to stay with the story. Holiday reading, but quite funny in bits
Janka H.
Mar 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Funny and warm chick-lit about the value of the family.

This is second in the series Devlin Sisters.

Louise, Julie and Sophie are sisters, but they could not be more different from each other. And every one of them is facing different emotions, situations and challenges. Perfectionist and workaholic, lawyer Louise might think she is in control, but not everything is controllable - like the health and future of her daughter. Full-time mum Julie and her husband are rich now after getting some fine i
A Reader's Heaven

(I received a free copy of this novel from Net Galley in exchange for an honest review.)

The Devlin sisters rely on each other - but some things are just too painful to share, even when your sisters are your best friends...
Mum-of-four Julie thought that if her family had more money, life would be easier. But now that they've inherited a fortune, her problems are only starting. Lawyer Louise is used to having life go exactly as she wants it to. So accepting that she cannot control everything in he
Sojourner
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews
The Secrets Sisters Keep by bestselling author Sinead Moriarty is an amazing book which is difficult to put down. It is a book which many readers will complete in one sitting though it is about 400 pages long. Continuing in the mold of her earlier superb works like Pieces of My Heart, A Perfect Match, From Here to Eternity and Mad About You, Sinead Moriarty has crafted another awesome story about three close sisters and the secrets each sister kept.

Julie, Louise and Sophie have their own familie
Soniyaa
A light-hearted read. Each sister's character is well sketched-out with varied distinction. The characters are relatable, I could draw comparisons to them in different permutations and combinations with my sisters, and myself. If you do have sisters, you will so relate to this book.

A quick, easy, simple read. Would definitely recommend this book as fillers in-between heavy readings.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Don't Tell the Groom
  • The Look of Love
  • A Time for Friends
  • Why Seagulls Roost in Paris
  • After the Wedding: What happens after you say 'I do'?
  • My Sweet Revenge
  • One Bad Turn (DS Claire Boyle #3)
  • The Day I Died
  • The Secrets We Share
  • When I Was Invisible
Sinéad was born and raised in Dublin where she grew up surrounded by books. Her mother is an author of children’s books. Growing up, Sinead says she was inspired by watching her mother writing at the kitchen table and then being published. From that moment on, her childhood dream was to write a novel.

After university, she went to live in Paris and then London. It was at the age of thirty, while wo

Devlin Sisters (2 books)