Start by marking “Dark Needs (The Dark Light of Day, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Dark Needs (The Dark Light of Day, #1.5)

Dark Needs

(The Dark Light of Day #1.5)

"A revenge kill is the best kind of kill.
But a revenge kill for your family, with your woman's permission?
That's borderline erotic." - Jake, The Dark Light of Day

Jake has come back home to Abby after violently disposing of the man who almost destroyed his family. With blood literally still on his hands, the only thing on Jake's mind is making up for lost time with the wom
Published February 8th 2015 (first published February 2nd 2015)

Christy
Feb 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 stars!

photo ae0b7c0e-8bdc-4e1c-82a8-c06f45b96f1f_zps730d92a8.jpg

When I read The Dark Light of Day by T.M. Frazier, I was hooked. I loved Jake and all his messed up shit. I loved Abby and everything about her. I loved their raw and intense story. They are both beautifully broken characters and those are my favorite. So for us to get more of them in this novella, I was a happy reader. Just an FYI-This is a companion novella. You should read The Dark Light of Day before reading this.

photo fa0c097c-ccec-467f-bac2-5abf60616b8f_zps8d27cddc.jpg

Jake is one of my favorite damaged men. I loved how hard he loved Abb
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
IT'S LIVE <3333

5 AMAZING STARS <3

"Only me?"
"Only you.It's only ever been you."

What a beautiful novella! I fell in love with the characters from the Dark Light of Day! Such an amazing and unique couple! They were one of my favorites for 2014!! I really missed Jake and Abby and T.M. Frazier's writing. She is an amazing author and I waited for her when she released her next book!!

Dark Needs continues where the previous book left us but also gives you s
Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie

The only thing with a stronger pull than the monstrous need to take the life of another was the the pull of Abigail Ford.
She didn't need to show me that I was capable of love. She was the one who made me capable of love.
Of loving her.
Of loving Georgia.
The need for Abby was stronger than my need for anything else.
I loved her.
I still love her.
I will always fucking love.

Now let's take a moment of silence after that quote because if you've read The Dark Light of Day then your feels are probably al
♥ℂĦℝΪՖƬΪℕÅ
4 A bit of heaven and a bit of hell. ★'s

My ♥Abby & Jake♥

“Our love had no rules.”

*Warning: contains disturbing situations, graphic violence, sex, and strong language.*

~Reread~
Dark Needs is the short novella to The Dark Light of Day. Only read this after you've read the main book. I loved this just as much this time but still, the reason I'm only rating this 4 ★'s is that I was disappointed I didn't g
Pam
4 A bit of heaven and a bit of hell. stars
Our love had no rules.

Dark Needs is a short lil novella to give us that lil something more for us Abby and Jake fans as well give just the tease of King. I'm such a slut, because I pretty much started this loving the hell out of Jake and in the end, tossed him aside for all the possibilities that is King. Don't get me wrong, Jake is ever the badass he has always been, it's different because his rage no longer drives him, he lives and would kill for h
Liz
"The lines between right and wrong, good and bad, light and dark , were always blurred when it came to the comings and goings of the residents of Coral Pines."

description

Dark Needs is a follow up novella to The Dark Light of Day. I highly recommend that you read that before you read this novella.

In The Dark Light of Day, a lot happens! Abby has been through hell and only survived because of the love of one man. Jake! Jake is not a good man. He has lived a rough life as well and is at first hesitant to tak
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
★Complimentary Copy provided by the author in exchange for an honest review★

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TITLE: Dark Needs
SERIES: (The Dark Light of Day, #1.5)
AUTHOR: T.M. Frazier
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
RELEASE DATE: February 9th 2015
MY RATING: ★★★★

The reason why I'm rating this four stars and not five is because I'm one sick puppy and I just wanted the gory dark stomach churning gritty details of every little thing he did to that sick f*ck Owen, just to feel a slight satisfaction how the fukka was put to ground..But
Deborah Obida
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love it, Mostly in Jake's POV about what happened after he killed Owen. He got arrested a year later for Owen's murder the evidence was found in the belly of an alligator someone killed. he fed the body to it but the teeth did not digest,someone killed the alligator and found it inside. Owen's dad already suspected and due to their open hatred for each other he was a major suspect.
(view spoiler)
Wil Loves Books!
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: on-kindle
Nice companion Novella

This was a short and enjoyable read part of Dark Light of Day. It narrates some of the aftermath of the ending of the previous book. It’s told mostly on Jake’s POV. Short and messy and lots of suspension of disbelief, lol! It’s also a setup for the King Series. Definitely enjoyed.
warhawke
POV: First Person – Male
Rating:

ARC won from author’s giveaway

Note: Dark Needs is a companion novella to Dark Light of Day. If you haven’t read the main novel you can still read my review as it has no spoiler from either book.

Dark Needs started right where Dark Light of Day ended – the night Jake came back from exacting his revenge for his family. He came back carrying a fear of being rejected by the one he loved for what he did. But his fear was unwarranted because Abby had the same hunger i
Olga therebelreader
Whatever I felt was missing from book 1, I found it in this one. 5 stars from me. That was an incredible read!
Lise *friends don't flag*
The Dark Light of Day was a favorite read of 2013 for me and what a treat this companion novella is. Loved getting back into Jake and Abby's life and it looks like we will get more of Jake when King comes out soon... Yay!
angela
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nice set up

This was a nice setup for the main book. It gives all the background information. For anyone who read the series King, he was in the end of this book. I’m curious how much he’ll be in this two book series. King was an excellent series. This was really good at setting everything up for the next book, but was also a great story. I would recommend reading it before the main book. I almost didn’t read this, because it wasn’t associated with the main book, so I’m glad I came across it.
Zakirrah BookBlogger
5 Bloody Brilliant Stars!

This is a novella which carries on from book 1 called The Dark Light of Day. You need to read that book before you start this one or you will just be confused and we wouldn't want that now, would we? ;)

"Only me?"
"Only you.It's only ever been you."

First of all T.M.Frazier, I love ya and your writing. I loved TDLOD and the way it was written, it made me feel so many emotion. And I'm sure some of these emotions weren't normal. The anger oh my god.The ANGER I felt in boo
Selene
Jake. Abby. King! This short story took the reader back in time to when Jake battled with how Abby would perceive his career choice. There’s some steaminess included, some time in a cell, and an introduction to a King.
Candace
A Great Follow-Up Novella With A Sneak Peek For 'King'

I loved 'The Dark Light Of Day', but it left me yearning for more. I still had some unanswered questions. Mostly though, I just wanted more of Jake and "Bee". Their time together was so limited and I wanted the details of their happily ever after.

This novella was exactly what I've been waiting for! It answered all of my questions and then some. Told in Jake's POV this novella offers a glimpse into the mind of the mysterious hitman that we gr
Imani
Jan 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is what I have been wanting when I finished The Dark Light of Day.

Jake and Abby are back to show me their future.

I finished this in one sitting. I devoured Dark Needs in the morning.

Dark Needs is mostly from Jake's POV but gets Abby like one time.

It starts exactly where TDLoD ended. Jake has killed Owen and he comes back to Abby and they get it on.

Though Dark Needs is not all lollipops and rainbows, Jake is arrested for the "alleged" death of Owen.

It was all really fast and to me like
*TANYA*
It was a quick glimpse into Abbey's and Jake's life but it was an introduction to King. Yum!
AJ
Feb 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 badass, "Jake Fucking Dunn" stars

This is a companion novel to The Dark Light of Day. Told mainly from Jake’s POV, it gives us a little more detail of the events that took place in the epilogue of the first book as Jake seeks retribution against the man that hurt his family.

“A revenge kill is the best kind of kill.
But a revenge kill for your family, with your woman's permission?
That's borderline erotic.”

- Jake, The Dark Light of Day.

The story then moves on to a year later, thrusting Jake and
Elfina Renee
It was really good but felt the author cheated us with Jake's retribution against Owen. I wanted to be that proverbial fly on the wall as Owen got his. Did the lame ass suffer was it slow, somehow I envision Owen being cut down to size slowly with razors and rusty nails. Yes I'm bloody thirsty, but hell Jake is bad ass, so I could see him doing something like that, I just wish I could have read it.
E.M. Abel
Feb 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love T.M. Frazier's writing and I loved reading more about these characters. The Dark Light of Day is one of my most favorite books EVER! If you haven't read it (WHAAAAA!!???) don't read this but if you have, then you TOTALLY should! Thank you, Tracy for letting me read an ARC! I absolutely LOVED IT!

I CANNOT WAIT FOR KING!!!!!
Michelle
Brilliant

I just luv Jake Fucking Dunne 💗💗💗
Anas Attic  Book Blog
Sep 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
review_darkneeds_rect
Dark Needs by T.M. Frazier
Dark Romance Novella. Does not stand alone.
Dark Needs by T.M. Frazier perfectly completed The Dark Light of Day. This is not a standalone, more of an extended epilogue to the Dark Light of Day as well as a prequel for King. The one thing that I would have liked more of in The Dark Light of Day is more of Jake's POV, and Dark Needs delivers! There was never a doubt about how much Jake loves Abby, but you really see how much with this novella.
"I LOVED her. I was OBSE
Beverly

photo 8725289_zps81b520c5.gif

It was good to be back in Jake and Abby's world. I wanted to know what happened after, but What I really wanted to know more was how Jake made Owen suffer for what he did to Abby and especially Georgia. I didn't get that, so I am not happy. It would have been amazing to read what and how Jake did it. Because Owen deserved the worst.

photo tumblr_n35ligNshZ1tnww6zo1_500_zps87102f86.gif

I know it was a novella, but also I wanted more Jake and Georgia time
Sophia Triad
Perfect short novella to accompany the Dark Light of Day.
FINALLY, we learn the story from Jake's point of view.
Highly recommended if you loved the first book and if you crave to learn more about how broken Jake and Abby saved/healed each other.
Hazel *Craves the Angst Reviews*
Find This and Other Reviews At Craves The Angst.

I received this eARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.

5 “I Heart Jake” Stars!

The Review:
YES! Now that is what I call a flawless novella. It might have been short but it was packed to the rim with story, bringing back our favorite heroine and anti-hero. We get both Abby and Jake’s POV and it picks up right where Dark Light of Day ends, giving us an intense yet wonderful look into their imperfect lives. They aren’t your typical fami
Neringa Neringiukas
God, I loved The Dark Light Of Day. And have this beautiful novella in my kindle arms is just fabulous. This means more of Jake & Abby. Theirs darkly beautiful love for each other. Two broken souls, which are not healing each other to repair theirs brokenness individually , but unite together, to make them whole as one soul.

Dark Needs starts practically where TDLoD ended. Jake just returned after journey. Where he had some 'fun with' and revenge on Owen Fletcher. Jake is scared, because of w
Anna Banana
Feb 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Well this little novella certainly surprised me. For one: turns out I actually really like Jake, as in love him. I loved getting into his head and seeing all the dark and pretty fucked up thoughts he has. The more messed up his thoughts were, the more I fell in love. I think that might mean there's something wrong with me but it's too late for me.

It doesn't give us much and it's over almost right after it starts but the little we do get was just the right amount that I needed to make me want to
Lisa (Two Bookish Brits)
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh wow. Dark Needs brings about more of Jake and Abby’s life.

We get to see the law catch up with Jake and see exactly what the people in his life will do to help him out.

We’re introduced to THE King is this beauty, I’ve been waiting for this moment, the moment Jake and King met.

I can’t wait to see what more comes from these awesome guys.

TM Frazier’s characters always instantly become my favourites. They all have that little something about them that makes you love them more than anyone. I ha
Amber Rose
Feb 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars! Review to come!

ARC provided by author exchange for an honest review.

• Inferno (SKALS, #4)
  • Filthy 2 (Filthy, #2)
  • Lilith (Lucifer's Legion Motorcycle Club #1)
  • Joseph Fallen (The Estate, #0.5)
  • Fighting Dirty (Dirty, #4)
  • Tainted Rose (The Darkness Trilogy, #2)
  • The Single Game (The Apartment Novels, #3)
  • Beyond Revenge (Ransom, #2)
  • Serial, Volume Two (Serial, #2)
  • My Masters' Nightmare Season 1, Ep. 1 "Taken" (My Masters' Nightmare, #1)
  • Two Roads (Gypsy Brothers, #6)
  • Darkroom (Darkroom Saga, #1)
  • An Underestimated Christmas (Underestimated, #3)
  • Wrath (Wrong, #2)
  • Love and Decay 2, Episode Nine (Love and Decay 2, #9)
  • Progress (Progress, #1)
  • Bleeding Hearts Anthology
  • The Sect (Wicked Trinity, #1)
T.M. (Tracey Marie) Frazier never dreamed that a single person would ever read a word she wrote when she published her first book. Now, she is a five-time USA Today bestselling author and her books have been translated into numerous languages and published all around the world.

T.M. enjoys writing what she calls ‘wrong side of the tracks romance’ with morally corrupt anti-heroes and ballsy heroine

The Dark Light of Day (1 books)
  • The Dark Light of Day (The Dark Light of Day, #1)
“She didn't show me that I was capable of love. She was the one who made me capable of love.” 10 likes
“Our love had no rules.
… There was a reason I was put on the planet exactly how I was, how I am.
To protect my family.”