Start by marking “Berserk, Vol. 7” as Want to Read:
Berserk, Vol. 7

Berserk, Vol. 7

(ベルセルク / Berserk #7)

Two feudal kingdoms, Midland and Chuder, battle for supremacy in what will become the final clash in a century-long struggle. Spearheading the Midland forces is the Band of the Hawk, a legendary cadre of elite mercenaries led by the charismatic Griffith and with the fearless Guts as its berserker champion. The Hawks’ ferocity, courage, and fearsome skills – not to mention ...more
Published May 24th 2005 by Dark Horse Manga (first published March 31st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Berserk, Vol. 7, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Berserk, Vol. 7

Death Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaFullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 1 by Hiromu ArakawaFruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriBleach, Volume 01 by Tite Kubo
Best Manga Books
501 books — 483 voters
Prince of Thorns by Mark  LawrenceThe Blade Itself by Joe AbercrombieA Game of Thrones by George R.R. MartinKing of Thorns by Mark  LawrenceLast Argument of Kings by Joe Abercrombie
The Grimdarks
346 books — 973 voters

More lists with this book...

Maria
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
here’s a Hard Pill To Swallow for ya: Guts is cooler than your fave. End of story.

P.S. I’m in literal awe right now. This manga is a masterpiece.
Artemy
May 10, 2017 rated it liked it
[This is my review for Berserk volumes 1–7]

So, this is the last volume of Berserk for me, at least for a while. I borrowed these from my buddy who is a huge fan of the series, and if he had more books, I would probably keep reading. Sadly, only the first seven volumes were published here in Russia before the publisher abandoned the project, so that's all that my friend has in borrowable paper format.

I can't really decide how I feel about Berserk, honestly. It has a lot going for it: the artwork
L. McCoy
At this point it feels slightly dumb typing yet another review saying how awesome Berserk is but at the same time I just gotta talk about this volume and how great it is!

What’s it about?
Guts and Casca end up in serious trouble as they have to fight several enemies that they have to fight alone in the woods. That’s all I can say without spoilers.

Why it gets 5 stars:
The story of Berserk is still interesting. This is a story that doesn’t waste much time, it’s focused on telling an epic fantasy tale
توفيق عبد الرحيم
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
amazing as usual
so guts cares for casca and for the band of the hawk even though he doesn't show it but its where he belongs now.
his relationship with gambino is weird , in many ways gambino is like a father to him even if he is an asshole of a father which happens a lot in real life and having an asshole of a father doesn't really stop you from loving them and thats why he remembers gambino fondly
and i am glad that after he saves casca she started hanging around him more and not being always a
C. Varn
Mar 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Miura's art here is quit good, although the amount of war can make the scenes seem busy. The political intrigue and slow development of volume six, The characterization of Casca continues to be significantly deepened, and Griffith's tendency for sociopathy becomes more clear as does his conflicted relationships with Guts, the only person whom Griffith treated as near equal and seems to act for beyond his own self-interest in anyway. While this comic is deservedly noted for brutality, and while M ...more
Darryl Knickrehm
Aug 19, 2012 rated it it was ok
The drawing is getting especially good, but seems wasted on such a bland story. Where are the monsters? Where are the darker elements? Where are the conflicts that were so intriguing? I feel like I've been tricked here. The first 3 volumes were a dark fantasy. Now things are stuck in a dry 'medieval battle' story.
Alexandra
Dec 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Gatts+Casca=must survive!
Monsour
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Midland and Chuder, battle for supremacy in what will become the final clash in a century the end of the 100 year war commence. We get to see some Casca and Griffith backstory and the artwork is still superb as ever. We also get to see Gut's biggest achievement in the mundane aspect. Fighting a 100 men all by himself.
Emma
Oct 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Still loving this manga.
Aleksandra
Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Battle scenes are very dynamic and I appreciate them and enjoy them. However, what I am truly here for is quiet moments between characters.
Achillia Herondale
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Some battle action I yearned for but the most important is the character development in this volume.
Bradley
Apr 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lateef Amodu
Nov 07, 2017 rated it liked it
This volume concludes Casca’s back story (a bit tedious to read). It continues with the battle of the Blue Whale Knights, where Guts faces 100 soldiers. Also in this volume, Griffith and the Band of the Hawks go into another battle, where they’re attempting to seize the Doldrey castle, held by Chuder. I thought the illustrations here didn’t have the detail of the earlier volumes, seems slightly different.
Malon
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Seeing Guts get philosophical and consider his place in the world is heartwarming. I'm confident he would have reached a healthy and happy conclusion if Griffith hadn't alienated him. It seemed inevitable that he would come to appreciate the Band of the Hawk as his family and choose to stick with them. He's come a long way from when he first joined the hawks. It is so uplifting to watch him grow, make roots, and create meaning in his life.

And Casca is hurt by Griffith too. She was a literal chi
Karissa
Oct 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is the seventh volume in the Berserk manga series and it was another wonderful addition to this series. This story continues right after Guts and Casca fall off the cliff into a river together.

We learn a lot more about both Casca’s and Griffith’s past in this volume. It was interesting to see Casca’s background and where she came from. We also learn some about what Griffith has done to get to where he is today.

Casca and Guts seem to be forming a partnership of sorts. However, they are ambus
Noe
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Re-read.

This was a great volume. Already Miura is displaying huge leaps in his art; it's looking so much better, with luscious two-page spreads, landscapes and castles. And while the demons have taken a back step in this volume, the character development has not. We find out more about Caska and the lengths that Griffith himself had to go to, to lead the Band of the Hawk.

Spoiler: I still hate Griffith.

Still, it is wonderful to see Miura's action in the still page, there's a sense of dramatic act
Ella
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, manga
Miura's art is starting to become even more detailed, if that was possible. He's a complete master. I don't have enough praise. The action is non-stop in this volume with the battle for Doldrey that is concluded in the next one. I am reading it as I type.
Adelina
Jan 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, manga, horror
(3,5)
Cozy
I liked this one better for some reason...
Reija
May 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: library-books, manga
This volume is an improvement on the 6th one.
We actually get to see Casca fight and stand for her own and be proactive, even if that is hampered by the fact that her back story and main motivation is a man (Griffith) and the narrative seems deem her empathy towards Guts and her reservations against mindless killing as weaknesses.
Miura please!? Can Casca catch a break please?

In this volume Griffith is established as possibly bisexual, which I did not remember from my first read. I was under the
Kyle Berk
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Berserk vol 7 is keeping the series strong. By now Guts, Casca, and Griffith are the three main characters that most directly affect the plot.

Casca and Guts since last volume were previously trapped due to Casca falling off a cliff and Guts going to save her. They’re in a cave while we learn why Casca is in the band of Hawks/Falcons. After they try to find way back to their forces they’re cornered and have to get out of the situation.

Guts and Casca learn more about one another and come to unders
Kassilem
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In half of this volume we go back even further into the past, and see the start of the Band of the Hawks. We get to see more about Griffith and what he is willing to do to get the band started and we get to see Casca's past and why she feels the way she does about Griffith. The second half of the book is battle. I found myself staring at one page of a battle scene trying to decide how long it took Miura to draw that one page. It must have been hours. It makes me really appreciate how much time m ...more
EmpressKoh
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
Berserk started out really promising, then the flashback of Guts past began and I feel as if it is slowly going downhill. When Guts was a child, I enjoyed that bit because it was starting his foundation of a tragic past, that is, up until the Band of the Red Hawks came into play. It seems like it has just become a generic story of an overpowered man and his bright leader. It’s actually almost laughable how reckless Guts is in battle, yet he is a captain that is supposed to be leading men through ...more
Chris Whybrow
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: epic, awesome
Volume 7 is a marked improvement on volume 6. It manages a good balance of action and introspection, and the battle at the end is very well done.

The whale knight makes a return, and I have a feeling he might be intended to be comic relief. He's also a bit more of a pushover this time round.

I kind of assumed in volume 6 that Casca's reduced skill was due to her anger and later the fever, but apparently it was because she was on her period. Not sure I buy that. I mean, I know this is set in a univ
Rocco
Sep 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
A lot of great content in this book. The backgrounds of Casca and Griffith are explored a bit more, Guts gets philosophical, and there is a ton of violence during the lead-up and beginning of the battle for Doldrey Castle. The artwork was great as always, with plenty of little details like Guts playing dice, and the variety of helmets and weapons the mercenaries are using. However, there wasn't anything that made me just stop and say "wow" like in some previous volumes. Regardless, if you're int ...more
M. Ashraf
Apr 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: berserk
Gutts as a character he is much better in this volume he is starting to grow on me, his monologue with Casca under the tree is different I think the first time I see him really speak his mind!
So glad to see Puck again :p
The cliffhanger is great can not wait to read the next volume!
The last time under this flag maybe this will drive the last decision.
Griffith and the Baron scene, his reasoning ... still he is a psychopath!
Great story so far!!!
Michael Sorbello
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Guts brutally slaughtering a hundred men, Caska being cute and warming up to Guts, and the unforgettable bonfire of dreams chapter. Every fire symbolizes a dream, all the tiny flickering dreams are overshadowed by an enormous flame that brought all of the smaller dreams together. That fire is Griffith, the charismatic leader of the Band of the Hawk and a man whose passion for his dream is unrivaled by any other. So many intense and warm feelings in this volume, it was spectacular.
Ben
Jun 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
Volume 7 continues Guts journey with the Hawks. There's a lot of excellent art and battle sequences in this one, but it's a lot of set up with not a lot of pay off. I like where Miura is going with the story, and I hope the foundation that he's laying will pay off. As a stand alone volume though this one is all middle with no beginning or end.
Kyle
Jun 22, 2018 rated it liked it
The tone of this volume tends to fluctuate quite a bit, from a thoughtful series of ruminations from Guts, to comical gags from Adon, to sometimes occasionally bland battles. But, this volume inches a bit closer to the bigger picture, hinting at consequences for both Casca and Guts. Solid, if meandering.
Jo Ladzinski
Dec 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
This volume of the enduring saga of dark fantasy that is Berserk has a great balance of stupendous action sequences and heartfelt character development. In this one, we see how Guts got the moniker of Hundred Man Slayer, but also his complex relationship with the idea of dreams and having something greater to live for.

It really sets the stage for what comes next and I am excited.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Vagabond, Volume 2
  • Blade of the Immortal, Volume 12: Autumn Frost
  • Hellsing, Vol. 05 (Hellsing, #5)
  • Basilisk: The Kouga Ninja Scrolls, Vol. 1 (Basilisk, #1)
  • Claymore, Vol. 4: Marked for the Death (Claymore, #4)
  • Blame!, Vol. 5
  • Gantz/4
Kentarou Miura (三浦 建太郎) was born in Chiba City, Chiba Prefecture, Japan, in 1966. He is left-handed. In 1976, at the early age of 10, Miura made his first Manga, entitled "Miuranger", that was published for his classmates in a school publication; the manga ended up spanning 40 volumes. In 1977, Miura created his second manga called Ken e no michi (剣への道 The Way to the Sword), using Indian ink for t ...more

ベルセルク / Berserk (1 - 10 of 40 books)
  • Berserk, Vol. 1
  • Berserk, Vol. 8
  • Berserk, Vol. 9
  • Berserk, Vol. 10
  • Berserk, Vol. 11
“Dreams. Win or lose... I'm sure you could spend your whole life chasing one.” 0 likes
“Even these thoughts will slip my mind in time. And then.....
...only...
...the beat of my heart still remains.”
0 likes