Start by marking “The Corpse with the Diamond Hand (Cait Morgan #6)” as Want to Read:
The Corpse with the Diamond Hand (Cait Morgan #6)

The Corpse with the Diamond Hand (Cait Morgan #6)

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  66 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Professor Cait Morgan and Bud Anderson have finally said 'I do'. To celebrate, they set sail on a romantic Hawaiian honeymoon cruise and, for nearly two weeks, the mystery solving newlyweds are worry-free. But then a man drops dead in the games room right in front of them and Cait and Bud can't help but lend their expertise.

To the others in the games room, the sudden death
Published October 13th 2015 by TouchWood Editions

To ask other readers questions about The Corpse with the Diamond Hand, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Corpse with the Diamond Hand

Fifteen Dogs by André AlexisThe Scorpion Rules by Erin BowThe Princess and the Pony by Kate BeatonWhere Did You Sleep Last Night by Lynn CrosbieThe Nest by Kenneth Oppel
CanLit 2015
110 books — 34 voters
None So Blind by Alis HawkinsTestament by Alis HawkinsWicked Game by Matt   JohnsonDeadly Game by Matt   JohnsonFalling Creatures by Katherine Stansfield
Crime Cymru
49 books — 1 voter

More lists with this book...

Liz
Sep 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Cait Morgan and Bud Anderson are on their delayed Honeymoon, two weeks of Hawai'i and a cruise back to Vancouver. Two days away from where their arrival port and a murder occurs in a room where only a handful of people are located. The murder suspect must be amidst the small group of people that were in the room at the time, unless some other method was used to kill the victim which would give them an entire cruise ship of people to try and connect to the murder.

The chief security officer, who
Nada Sobhi
Aug 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Note: I received an Advanced Readers' Copy (ARC) of The Corpse with the Diamond in exchange for an honest review as part of a blog tour for the book via Lori's Great Escapes Virtual Book Tours.

The Corpse with the Diamond Hand by Cathy Ace is a new stand-alone instalment in the Cait Morgan mystery series.
Narrated from the first person perspective of Cait Morgan, the novel is a fun, mind-provoking cozy mystery.
Cait and Bud Anderson have recently said their "I do's" and are on a two-week honeymoo
Sherry Fundin
The Corpse with the Diamond Hand by Cathy Ace had so many elements that appealed to me, I had to have it and share it. I have cruised and I have been to Hawaii and loved them both, but I never crossed a dead body before.

Cait Morgan is a professor of criminal psychology and her husband, Bud, is a retired law enforcement officer. They have recently married and are on a cruise for their honeymoon, when Tommy Trussler collapses and dies while playing cards. They both know dead bodies and this was no
LORI CASWELL
Mar 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2016
Dollycas’s Thoughts

Cait and Bud finally are off on their honeymoon. A romantic cruise from Hawaii to Canada. They even get to visits the Hawaiian Islands. A trip I would love to take. As they are enjoying some time in the ship’s game room one of the ship’s staff goes into convulsions and dies. Most think natural causes, but Cait thinks murder. Before the ship docks in Canada she has to prove it. So she and Bud inform the ship’s head of security of the backgrounds and qualifications. He decides b
Rhonda
Oct 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is the six book of the series. Cait and Bud are on a cruise around Hawaiian Islands than back to Canada for a belated honeymoon. When the sudden death of Tommy Trussler right in front of Cait and Bud.

I would really like to have Cait's memory. She can remember everything she sees and bring it up when she wants. Cait Morgan is a Professor and had worked with Bud on different tasks forces. This is her first marriage. She is very smart thinker.

Bud Anderson a retired police detective. A widowe
Suenomad
Oct 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book - I got a real sense of place and atmosphere and the characters are well drawn. Once I reached halfway I couldn't put it down until I'd finished the last page - great page turner - and I enjoy the way the author keeps you guessing until the very end.
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Murder mystery by a British-born Canadian author, good for a box on the list. One down, 69 to go.

This is an ARC I picked up last time I was at PNBA. Looking for things I could take on vacation and ditch when I was done (obviating the need to pack it home), I rediscovered this on my shelf. The setting is an inter-island Hawaiian cruise, so appropriate for Maui beach-side reading.

This story was too incredible, as in "impossible to believe." The main character is a criminal psychologist with a phot
Jane Irish Nelson
Jul 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, mystery
Newlyweds Cait Morgan and Bud Anderson are on their honeymoon, a cruise, first around the Hawaiian Islands, and now on the return trip to Vancouver, BC, where they live. Then the shipboard card game tutor dies suddenly, in the midst of teaching Bud. Since it appears that he has been poisoned, Cait and Bud offer their services to the security team that undertakes the investigation. In the process of casual conversations with the other cruise members who were in the Game Room at the time of the mu ...more
Lisa
Mar 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Old school "Who done it" that Agatha Christie would be proud of. So many suspects and every one of them makes sense. Great read if you are in the mood for sleuthing!
Diane
May 04, 2018 rated it liked it
A good mystery read. Picked up this book for the cover and cruising Hawaii but will be reading more from this author.
Kathleen Freeman
I am a fan of this series and love the way that Bud and Cait compliment each other as characters. Always great to travel to a new place and learn lots of interesting details about people and places. Mostly I enjoy the way that Cait figures out "who did it". Looking forward to reading the next in the series.
Kristi | Hidden Staircase |
Newlyweds Cait and Bud are finally on their honeymoon, cruising around the beautiful islands of Hawaii. They’ve had a lovely time and are in the final days of their journey. Unfortunately, things aren’t going as well for cruise employee Tommy Trussler. He’s about to be murdered – in front of unsuspecting witnesses – in the game room.

This book (as with the others I’ve read in this series) is a classic locked-room mystery. In the case of The Diamond Hand, Tommy is poisoned in a public room, with m
Donna
Nov 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Cait Morgan, professor of criminal psychology, and her husband, retired police officer Bud Anderson, are on their delayed honeymoon to Hawaii with a cruise back to Vancouver when they observe one of their fellow passenger's death. Given their investigating backgrounds, the cruise ship's chief of security enlists their help in solving the murder. Cait realizes the murderer must have been one of a handful of people in the same room since someone had to remove the pot with the poison in it. Cait an ...more
Teresa Kander
Aug 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cozy-mysteries
This is the first book I have read in this series. If you, like me, haven't read the previous five books, I would suggest that you do so before picking up this one. I think I would have had more understanding of the main characters and some of their conversations about the past if I weren't jumping in mid-series.

That said, however, I did still manage to enjoy this book on its own. The way that Cait and Bud work together, and relate to each other, is fascinating. The other characters in the book
Frankie Bow
Oct 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: academic-satire
The Corpse with the Diamond Hand was set in Hawaii, and featured a sleuthing professor no less, so I had to read it. I really enjoyed it! The story was impeccably researched, tightly plotted, and fast paced. It started with a dramatic death and pulled me through one twist after another, but it wasn’t all action; it was also rich with detail. I really enjoyed seeing Hawaii through the eyes of an author who’s obviously spent time there observing. I also liked spending time with Cait and now I can’ ...more
Gloria Brzny
Sep 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
this is a prize book from Goodreads. it was very enjoyable reading. since I like the t.v. show Hawaii 5-0 (both old and the new). the settings work well. both the tropical and being on the ship. it also helps having the flashbacks to what happened before they sailed. using two different methods to get clues works well also. Bud's direct research method and Cait psy. profiling to gather clues. her observations are great way to end.
Bubble Bath Books
Oct 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
The whole novel is so cleverly done, from the double references in the title to the plays on words in character’s names to the wholly surprising revelations at the end. Brilliant writing, Cathy Ace. Read our full review of The Corpse with the Diamond Hand.
Bobbie
Sep 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
A Cait Morgan cozy murder mystery that takes place on a cruise ship. Enjoyable. Lead character is a criminal psychologist and her husband is a retired police officer. A lot of suspects. Cait's talents are similar to Sherlock Holmes.
Copyright Oct 2015.
Lynn
Nov 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another installment in an enjoyable "cozy" series
Nora
May 25, 2017
KALMON BLUM
Nov 20, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Open Meetings (Jillian Hillcrest, #2)
  • Legend of the Lost (Z & C Mysteries, #4)
  • Bad Traffick (Leine Basso Thrillers, #2)
  • Perfectly Toxic (C.O.R.E. Above the Law, #2)
  • Shadow of the Oak (A Sal Van Sleen Adventure)
  • Gone Wild (Thorn, #4)
  • Faithful Shadow
  • Midnight on the Mississippi (Secrets of the South Mysteries #1)
  • The Awakening (Project Eve #1)
  • The Cypress Trap
  • Last Light (Beacon Falls #1)
  • One Particular Harbour (Jake Sullivan Series, #5)
  • Kill and Run (Thorny Rose Mysteries, #1)
  • Prime Target
  • A Thousand Yesteryears (Point Pleasant, #1)
  • Delayed Death (Temptation in Florence #1)
  • Taken
  • The Middle Aisle (Lancaster House)
Welsh Canadian mystery author Cathy Ace is the creator of The Cait Morgan Mysteries. Born, raised and educated in Wales, Cathy enjoyed a successful career in marketing and training across Europe for twenty years before migrating to Vancouver, Canada. There she taught on MBA and Undergraduate marketing programmes at various Universities for a decade. Her eclectic tastes in art, music, food and drin ...more
More about Cathy Ace

Cait Morgan (8 books)
  • The Corpse with the Silver Tongue (Cait Morgan #1)
  • The Corpse with the Golden Nose (Cait Morgan #2)
  • The Corpse with the Emerald Thumb (Cait Morgan #3)
  • The Corpse with the Platinum Hair (Cait Morgan #4)
  • The Corpse With the Sapphire Eyes (Cait Morgan, #5)
  • The Corpse with the Garnet Face (Cait Morgan #7)
  • The Corpse with the Ruby Lips (Cait Morgan #8)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Killman Creek (Stillhouse Lake, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Shaken (Jack Daniels Mystery, #7)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Day (Jessie Cole, #1)
  • Split Second
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Killing Lessons (Valerie Hart, #1)
  • Scat
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Blood Money (Joe Dillard #6)
  • Bluebird, Bluebird
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The Falcon at the Portal (Amelia Peabody, #11)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • In Good Faith (Joe Dillard #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Forbidden Stone (The Copernicus Legacy, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Monogram Murders
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Hanging Judge (The Judge Norcross Novels)
  • The Visitant: A Venetian Ghost Story
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Die Like an Eagle (Meg Langslow #20)
  • Damaged
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Virgin in the Ice (The Chronicles of Brother Cadfael)
  • Little Monsters
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Reason to Live (A Marty Singer Mystery Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Agatha Raisin and the Potted Gardener (Agatha Raisin, #3)
  • Infinity Born
    $6.99 $2.49
  • True Fiction (Ian Ludlow Thrillers #1)
  • The Long and Faraway Gone
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Deadly Recall (Jessie Cole, #2)
  • The Curse of the Pharaohs
  • When You Disappeared
  • Queenpin
  • I'm Thinking of Ending Things
  • Song of Kali
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Counterfeit Heiress (Lady Emily, #9)
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Ugly Young Thing (Strangers #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Burglars Can't Be Choosers (Rhodenbarr, #1)
  • Trespassing
    $5.99 $2.99
  • In Cold Blood (A Beatrix Rose Thriller Book 1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Stranger Inside (Strangers #4)
  • The Remains
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Doubt (Caroline Auden, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Signature Wounds (A Grale Thriller Book 1)
  • The Trouble with Goats and Sheep
    $11.99 $2.99
  • The Naturalist (The Naturalist #1)
  • The Girl from the Sea
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Hammerhead Ranch Motel (Serge Storms Mystery, #2)
    $2.99 $1.99
  • The Five Red Herrings (Lord Peter Wimsey, #7)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Lady Cop Makes Trouble  (Kopp Sisters #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Stillhouse Lake (Stillhouse Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • And Only to Deceive (Lady Emily, #1)
    $10.49 $1.99
  • Furious (Faith McMann Trilogy, #1)
  • The Forgotten Ones
  • Moving Day
  • Jade Dragon Mountain
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Hangman's Daughter (The Hangman's Daughter, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The 19th Wife
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Dead Over Heels (Aurora Teagarden, #5)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Whole Enchilada (A Goldy Schulz Culinary Mystery #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Poisonous (Max Revere, #3)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • An Expert in Murder (Josephine Tey, #1)
    $4.74 $1.99
  • Mission Flats
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Death of a Travelling Man (Hamish Macbeth Mystery)
  • The Grave Tender
  • I Am Watching You
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Persons Unknown (DS Manon, #2)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Given Day
  • Anatomy of a Scandal
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Perfect Stranger
    $11.99 $3.99
  • Lying in Wait
    $9.99 $3.99
  • Outrage (Faith McMann Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Lion (John Corey, #5)
  • Poppet
  • Mine
  • Ritual: A Novel
    $13.99 $1.99
  • Injustice For All (Joe Dillard #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrath (Faith McMann Trilogy, #3)
  • Birdman
  • Hanging Hill: A Novel
  • Fractured
  • The Winter Over
  • American by Day
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Shifting Tide (William Monk, #14)
  • The Necklace
  • Good Behavior
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Big Fear (Hollow City Series, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Clockers
  • Never Smile at Strangers
  • The Moonlit Garden
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Holy Island (DCI Ryan Mysteries, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Barkeep
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Good Liar
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Cold (A Joe Tiplady Thriller #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Criminal Defense (Philadelphia Legal #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Poppy Done to Death (Aurora Teagarden, #8)
  • Twisted
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Open and Shut (Andy Carpenter Series, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • No Shred of Evidence (Inspector Ian Rutledge, #18)