Start by marking “Berserk, Vol. 14” as Want to Read:
Berserk, Vol. 14

Berserk, Vol. 14

(ベルセルク / Berserk #14)

The once unbeatable Band of the Hawk is smashed, and their former leader, Griffith, has made an unholy pact with the demon lords of the Godhand, sacrificing his former troops to resurrect his crippled body and ascend to stand in power beside these profane gods. The Invocation of Doom has unleashed a plague of unspeakable horrors upon the earth, and the first battle not onl ...more
Published December 19th 2006 by Dark Horse Manga (first published September 30th 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Berserk, Vol. 14, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Berserk, Vol. 14

توفيق عبد الرحيم
Aug 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
oops its three a.m i am so tired my eyes hurt my body hurts and i cant sleep for some reason and i finished the volume yay.
Amazing volume and amazing start for the black swords man part of the story.
I liked so much how the black swords man came to be his hand and the big ass sword and all that was really amazing.
I also like the new demon and how that part came to be and how they teased us in so many covers with this particular apostle which is just making her debut as well.
Of course its amazing
Maria
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I didn’t really care for the plot for the most part of this volume but. Demon Infant chapter has ruined me. I’m. gone.
But HEY! my baby Puck the meme king is back and I couldn’t be happier.
Also the art has improved??? Again?? I don’t know how you improve something that’s already perfect but. I mean, it’s Berserk, what did I expect?
Karissa
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is the 14th book in the Berserk series and it was a very fun one. This is the book where Guts finally gets his amazingly awesome sword and the cannon for his arm. There are also some disturbing revelations around Casca being pregnant.

The illustration continues to be amazing. I was also very impressed with how much progress the story made again this volume. I love the “new” Guts with his cannon-arm and giant sword.

This was the first volume that goes outside of the original Berserk anime seri
One-Edgy-Anti-Hero
Around 3.5. Once again, its only because this feels like an "In-between," volume after the intense crud that just happened. The story here was 'okay.' On the other -and more positive- hand, the beginning of this volume was great.
C. Varn
Apr 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
While "Berserk Prototype" is interesting, Miura's original tone was different. Puck re-entering the narrative is actually welcome as there is a comic relief character and Miura's gives Puck some actual narrative work and not just uses him as a proxy for the reader. Going back to the story present and picking up Black Swordsman arc left off, the introduction of some more apostles, the Holy Chain Knights, and the general creepiness of the Lost Children arc behind here.
Kyle Berk
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
Berserk is awesome. The last two volume before this were an extreme high because of how it flipped through your emotions. This volume is still kickass but we finally go back to Guts in the present and when that happens it becomes monster of the week a little bit which is where the shortcoming is. It's all well and good but it feels like it's missing a chapter where instead of that chapter they put the Berserk prototype chapter.

But after the eclipse Guts and Casca are at their lowest points. Guts
Kassilem
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This volume starts highly emotional. The damage to Casca is becoming clear and while Gut’s physical wounds will heal, he too has changed emotionally and psychologically. I can see this being the beginning of his slight madness. There is nothing left but vengeance. This series has always been about the darkness of humanity and here it is very prevalent. Halfway through the volume the arc ends and we move back to the present, two years or so later) where Guts is on his hunt to destroy the lower de ...more
Jesse Slater
Jun 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
The aftermath of The Eclipse has moments that are almost more difficult.

If there's one page that summarizes what Berserk is about, it's Guts' determined look as he leaves the mountain for his quest for vengeance. Berserk is about the determination of the human spirit in the face of unbelievablely terrible shit. Never give up.

And we're back to the Black Swordsman. The Golden Age was great but also so different, this is almost like switching to a different series. I'm excited to see where the sto
Timothy Pitkin
Jun 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, mystery, horror, manga
I liked that this chapter does delve a little into Fae folk lore with the elves about how they do take people children and they kind of reminded me of will'o'wisps. But nice to see how Guts got his equipment and also like always the demon designs are really well done and do look like something that I would see in Hell. But better yet we finally get to continue the story instead of just being a glorified flashback.
Kyle
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
It feels a bit "too easy" how Guts comes across his iconic weaponry, but it certainly is interesting to see the new dynamic presented between himself and Casca, however one sided it may be. This mainly serves as a transitional chapter into future arcs, but there always has to be a fall after the highs that were the last few volumes.
🌈💜SAVINA🦋✨
FoxInABox
Jun 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nothing to say really... The story continues...
I have to add that I really liked the Prototype "chapter", it was really interesting to see how different things looked the first time (especially Guts).
Peter Barr
Nov 25, 2017 rated it liked it
This is a series of graphic novels about a swordsman in a magical era consumed by anger but searching for a purpose. The series has a tendency to skip around in time and this one is no different. The art and story are pretty good and I'm looking forward to the next one.
Nate
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
never connected the influence of evil dead/army of darkness to this but the "groovy" line made that click. not sure if that was something the translators added or if it was in the original japanese
Zachariah
Mar 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Uuhhh....
Philip Mastandrea
Jun 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: berserk
Back to the present and we learn how Guts begins his attempt for revenge and how Casca has been impacted.
Kelly K
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, manga
Wait...we're back in the present day!?! Holy fuck I'm not sure how to handle this right now.
This also contained a little diddy on the beginning prototype story which was pretty cool.
Aleksandra
Jun 23, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
This volume reminded me of the first and I find it hard to enjoy vol.14.
The art is still gorgeous and I love Guts but some of the choices the author made don’t sit well with me.
Alok
I'd return to Berserk next year for the remaining volumes.
(view spoiler)
Dylan Michael
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
10/10

I have just finished the Golden Age arc and....man. I’m actually kind of tired. Like, emotionally exhausted? This might be the best thing I’ve read, period. 😭
Achillia Herondale
May 18, 2019 rated it liked it
This volume was a bit hyped down related to the previous ones, as the Golden Age arc came to its end. Adorkable Puck is finally back!
Emily
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
God I love this arc so far. Golden age is my favorite but I’m really into this
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
That cover. Another weird but interesting volume so far in the series.
Gwendolyn Neal
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites, comics
This is to mark that I read the Conviction arc of Berserk.
Gabriel
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Finally I can see what happened after the eclipse. Now, it's time to see the destiny of Guts!!
Logan
Feb 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, horror, manga
The saga continues. We transition back to present day, following where The Black Swordsman arc left off. It was a good read, though hopefully this isn't just more of The Black Swordsman, with Guts going from place to place and killing the apostles as revenge for their transgressions. Yes, I expect dead apostles, but I'm most interested in seeing the journey of Guts and where Miura plans on taking him.
Deshawn Vasquez
Feb 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
It's good to have so levity after the 3-4 volumes in a row of pure disdain and misery. I'm glad the original "pilot" manga is also included in this volume.
The_Mad_Swede
Sep 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, comics, 2016, manga
This volume follows directly after the thirteenth one, which featured Griffith's dark and grim transfiguration, and brings the long running flashback, which began way back in volume three and is usually called The Golden Age after its first eponymous arc, to an end. This brings the reader back to the original narrative presence and picks the plot up sometime after Guts' fateful "reunion" with Griffith and the God Hand, and marks the start of a new long running story line, which is called Convict ...more
Matimate
Jul 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013, manga
The good old manga was picked up for the season. The blood is flowing, the carnage was almost on every second page as Guts, the black swordsman, made his way trough the country. He saved little Elf named Puck, who became his unwanted but devoted companion and one would say he was making Guts remembering that there is something more then gutting random people, monsters and accidentally some little girls.
Craig Williams
Nov 21, 2010 rated it really liked it
Guts suits up and prepares himself for his war against Hell. This was an amazing volume of a fantastic series, but if you noticed, I took away one star. Why? Because they didn't conclude a story arc within the volume!!! I hate that! Instead, there was a "Prototype" story Kentaro Miura submitted when he was in college, which is neat, but I'd much rather read the conclusion to the story that was going on. Whatever - still a good read!

• Gantz /10
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 11 (Battle Royale, #11)
  • MPD Psycho, Vol. 2
  • エルフェンリート 10 (Elfen Lied, #10)
  • Wolfsmund, Volume 1
Kentarou Miura (三浦 建太郎) was born in Chiba City, Chiba Prefecture, Japan, in 1966. He is left-handed. In 1976, at the early age of 10, Miura made his first Manga, entitled "Miuranger", that was published for his classmates in a school publication; the manga ended up spanning 40 volumes. In 1977, Miura created his second manga called Ken e no michi (剣への道 The Way to the Sword), using Indian ink for t ...more

ベルセルク / Berserk (1 - 10 of 40 books)
  • Berserk, Vol. 1