Start by marking “The Brain Fog Fix: Reclaim Your Focus, Memory, and Joy in Just 3 Weeks” as Want to Read:
The Brain Fog Fix: Reclaim Your Focus, Memory, and Joy in Just 3 Weeks

The Brain Fog Fix: Reclaim Your Focus, Memory, and Joy in Just 3 Weeks

A new epidemic is sweeping the country. Some people call it “ADHD,” “scatter brain,” or “brain fog.” And some people simply say they “just don’t feel like themselves”—and haven’t for a long time.
People are thinking and feeling worse than ever. Why? Because our brains are not getting the support they need to produce the essential brain chemicals that keep us energized,
Published September 15th 2015 by Hay House, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about The Brain Fog Fix, please sign up.
Mel Yes, if you're willing to try the suggestions at the end of the book.…moreYes, if you're willing to try the suggestions at the end of the book. (less)

Start your review of The Brain Fog Fix: Reclaim Your Focus, Memory, and Joy in Just 3 Weeks
Lani
Dec 15, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
Summary:
Eat unprocessed foods.
Eat Fish and tumeric because they are miracles!
Avoid Carbs and sugar, they are the devil.
Exercise.
Buy this author's other books if you want actual recipes to his food suggestions.
Meditate or pray.
Don't use electronic devices before you go to sleep.
Avoid Social media because it is also evil.

Follow this list daily and you will have a better brain.

You're welcome!

Jules
Nov 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, self-help
I was attracted to this book purely based on its title. Once I spotted the words “The Brain Fog Fix”, I was on a mission to read this book, and kept my fingers crossed that I would be approved on NetGalley.

As I have ME/CFS I have had constant brain fog for many years. I go through a daily struggle of trying to get my brain to function enough to do basic daily tasks as well as run my online business. I’ve been going through a rough patch for most of this year, so this book has come at the right
Emma Sea
any book on healthy diet and lifestyle that contains a Margarita recipe is OK by me!

"Put 1 ounces of tequila, 6 ounces soda water, 6 fresh mint leaves, 4 organic strawberries (fresh or frozen), and 1 cup of ice in the blender, then blend and serve."
Benjamin Stahl
May 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: People Who Think Lambs Aren't Annoying
Alright, now listen here, sonny jim. I’ve pretty much finished this book because all that’s left is the “21 Day Program” and I see little point in keeping this on my “currently reading” shelf just because of that. My OCD is debilitating enough without that making me flip out every time I log onto Goodreads.
I bought this book because my brain has been giving me trouble. It’s a wonder I was even mentally capable of walking into Dymocks without bumping into the wall. I often speak to the guy
Jim Razinha
Sep 06, 2016 rated it it was ok
Don't waste your time on this. I thought there might be a possibility that there would be more, but no. That "...in Just 3 Weeks" should have triggered a host of warning bells. My mistake, and my gut was right.

Nothing new, nothing earth-shattering, too obviously contrived scenarios...this is a tri-fold tract blown up to sell a book for a self celeb that I've never heard of on worn advice: eat right, sleep and exercise and your brain will be great. Flour and sugar are the devil. Throw in a
Chris Torretta
Sep 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Holy information overload! This is amazing just be prepared for lots of highlights or note taking. I pulled out a new notebook just to write down the most important stuff and wound up highlighting and sending texts to my hubby for stuff I did not want to forget!

Although chock full of information, it is set up in a way that is completely readable. One task is taken on at a time. Mike Dow also explains everything with backup. He does not say anything without having his resources. There are so many
Kathryn
Oct 13, 2016 rated it liked it
This had some interesting ideas - some were things I’d heard before, some were new. The author looks at possible dietary, lifestyle and spiritual causes of “brain fog”. The spiritual aspect was interesting - as a Christian, some of the “spiritual” exercises sounded decidedly odd (and seemed kind of pointless to me), but maybe I should give them a go and reserve judgement until then. And some of the science that he is basing his various suggestions on is solid, while some seems a bit sketchy and ...more
GruelCarp
Oct 08, 2016 rated it did not like it
There wasn't anything new in this book that I could take away. I was hoping it was more about psychological brain tricks. Not going to give up crucial medications that allow me the little bit of functioning that eating well throughout my youth couldn't give me in the first place. And everyone knows eating organically is better for you, but you know what? Not everybody can afford to do so, and it's barely if at all acknowledged.
Puffling
Jan 04, 2017 rated it liked it
I was glad this one a one-day read, because I had a lot of eye-rolls. The actual day by day guide was pretty good and I imagine could be a good place to start if you're not already incorporating many of these habits. But the previous 15 chapters could have been condensed quite a bit.

There were some cool facts about the detriment of even minor sleep deprivation, some nutrition specifics I didn't know about, things about SSRIs I already knew but many people probably don't, and the effects of
~☆~Autumn♥♥
Dec 04, 2016 rated it it was ok
I purchased this but its not very helpful. What a disappointment.
Nicola
Sep 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
3.5

I recieved this book free from Netgalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

In this book, the author looks at the body, mind and spirit to help people understand that effects that their lifestyle has on their brain. He Provides both scientific and anecdotal background, as well as practical ideas for implementing changes bit by bit in one's life.

What I liked about it was that he did not say that there was only one way to live/eat/think and that you MUST follow it to the
L.P. Logan
Jul 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
This one is a solid 3.5 star read for me, but I found the information relevant enough to round up to 4 stars.

At least I did at the time. I'm writing this review two days after having finished reading the book, and I can't remember a single thing about it . . . aside from the fact that it was repetitive -- in not a good way. That's right. I remember now. The brainfog has cleared. I didn't like reading the exact same information over and over again seemingly masked by a new subject heading an a
Kim
Aug 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I listened to this on audio book, and was a FABULOUS read! It goes through all the elements of our lives that we can improve upon, to help us feel less "foggy". It talks about the proper foods we should be eating for brain health, what exercise does for our brain, and gives you different ways to think about things in your life to be more positive! I loved it!
Jess Fay
Jan 31, 2018 rated it did not like it
Had to give up on the chapter where he talks about how we don't need antidepressants, and everything can be fixed by eliminating "toxins." Pseudoscience.
Valerie
Mar 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good information. The information will help me make some changes in my life to help become more focus. I don't think I will follow the 3 week fix but I do have the information now to change some things in my life.
nikki
Sep 20, 2016 marked it as dnf
Shelves: non-fiction, 2016
I dnf'd this on page 19. This book and I are just not compatible.

I picked this up at the library because of the "Brain Fog" part of the title, and I figured I'd find some tips and suggestions re: food, exercise, etc. to write down and keep in mind as I try to make slow adjustments to my lifestyle. And to just keep aware of my body and know what's going on, rather than just assuming the worst, as I usually do.

But ughhh I should have paid attention to the full title. "Reclaim your focus, memory,
Grace
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
Short: To be healthier, think clearer, eat a well balanced, well rounded, whole food diet. Lots of veggies, some protein, fat, and carbs. Cut the processed shit and excess of any food = thinking better.

The rest of the book: I WORSHIP THE ORGANIC, NON-GMO GOD! BOW DOWN AND WORSHIP HER WITH ME OR DIE!

The science on this is spurious. It's quite clear he's not up on modern agricultural practices, and he constantly cites studies for Alzheimer's and diabetes to make his case for clearer thinking.
Kristin
Jul 17, 2018 rated it liked it
The well-researched first section of the book made me forget this is a self-help book, though he most certainly gets there in the end. There are some interesting insights here, but I find his prescription, frankly, too self-helpy. More coaching than mindful. With real self improvement gems like his suggestion to use olive oil and vinegar on my salad instead of processed dressing.

I would say that the first half of the book provides some interesting solutions to my middle aged mental slowdown.
Cheryl
Sep 30, 2019 rated it liked it
I don't read self-help books. However, I have a 92 year old mom with memory problems and it's no fun. So I thought it might be a good idea to start looking into this because I really don't want to go down that road myself. I downloaded the audio book from our library which is read by the author. He gets a bit deep into the weeds re brain and food chemistry stuff but I definitely picked up some good nuggets of info that I plan to implement in both my own life and my mother's. I might even pick up ...more
Maria
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reading it again for a second time! Talks about brain healthy foods, explains why they increase levels of serotonin and dopamine and tells you where to find them and clever recipes for shakes. Take away - try to add turmeric and black pepper to something you eat (or drink!) every day to stave off dementia and Alzheimer. Well researched and backed up with studies so simple lifestyle changes to improve mood, memory and fitness in ageing.
Powder River Rose
I truly enjoyed reading this and am incorporating many of the author's recommendations into my lifestyle. Dr. Dow narrated and actually was very good. A few of the recommendations in the food area may seem a bit on the extreme side (for me) but the majority are easily manageable by anyone. Using the written format along with the audiobook allows one to follow the daily guides easily. If you worry about that brain fog this may be your next best read.
Nicole
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Listened to this on audiobook while driving home from Washington. It's fantastic and I'm looking forward to following the 3 week regimen to get back into a mindful state of living and tweak my eating habits. I recommend it for anyone experiencing less-than-optimal mental health, but of course talk to your doctor first.
Vaibhav Munjal
Jan 10, 2018 rated it liked it
There is a lot of important information in this book but it is highly scattered. I had been wanting to read a book that explained the relation between our foggy mood swings and the food we eat. And to an extent, I did learn a few new things, especially about our omega 3s and omega 6s intake.
But it's nothing life changing. Some of the suggestions in the book are so specific that it's better if you do without them. Like the part, where Dr. Dow talked about the kind of coffee you can order in
Nathalie Enoch Fröchte
Sep 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very insightful. I’ll definitely try to apply some of this to my own life.
Dave
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing read. I've told over ten people that they need to read this book. Great information. I was not crazy about the one chapter covering the "3 week fix", but everything else was amazing. I can't recommend enough.
Claire
Mar 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Review: The Brain Fog Fix by Dr. Mike Dow Publisher: Hay House (15th September 2015)

ISBN: 9781401946470

Source: Netgalley

Rating: 4*

Description:
A new epidemic is sweeping the country. Some people call it “ADHD,” “scatter brain,” or “brain fog.” And some people simply say they “just don't feel like themselves”—and haven't for a long time.

Cathy
Apr 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
There were parts of this book that I just hated. I felt that there was lots of repetition to stretch this book into more than a booklet.
Having said that, maybe everything was repeated so much to drive it into the reader's mind. It is meant as a self help book after all.
There were 3 main messages in the book:
1) Eat less inflammatory foods and more anti-inflammatory foods.
This hit a cord for me because I have Crohn's so any anti-inflammatory advice is welcome. The
part I hated was the insistance
Gloria
Mar 14, 2016 added it
Thanks to Hay House and Netgalley for an e-ARC of this book.
"Dr. Mike" Dow, a popular psychotherapist who regularly appears on the daytime tv circuit, is the author. The book addresses the issue of "brain fog" rather than the more common issues of blood sugar control and weight loss. It is well written, beautifully organized and presents a program which compared to many appears to be relatively easy to follow. There really is nothing new but the way it has been gathered together is new. In
Maria Paiz
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love my brain. I like that it's inquisitive and creative and full of dynamic ideas. However, in the past year, I've noticed an unwelcome change: a slight forgetfulness or bafflement that seemingly happens to people in my age group; a sort of fogginess that is jokingly referred to as "senior moments". Now, I would be less alarmed if it stopped at that, but as it turns out, it keeps going... and going... and the odds are high that it may later evolve into a form of dementia. Holy %#&*! Yeah, ...more
GONZA
Jun 24, 2015 rated it liked it
This time the focus is not on your weight but on your brain and the "fog" that sometimes covers it and makes our life difficult because we can't focus. Trough a special program of 21 day the author tries to balance our life trough the right food, drinks and exercise to end with a special regard to our spiritual life, too often forgotten. Interesting and clear.

Stavolta il focus non é sul peso, ma piuttosto sulla stanchezza mentale e sulla "nebbia celebrale" che spesso ci impedisce di focalizzarci
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Unfuck Your Brain: Using Science to Get Over Anxiety, Depression, Anger, Freak-Outs, and Triggers
  • How to Make People Like You in 90 Seconds or Less
  • Freeing Yourself from Anxiety: 4 Simple Steps to Overcome Worry and Create the Life You Want
  • 25 Things to Say to the Interviewer, to Get the Job You Want: Being Qualified Isn't Enough
  • How to Be Heard: Secrets for Powerful Speaking and Listening
  • The Craving Mind: From Cigarettes to Smartphones to Love – Why We Get Hooked and How We Can Break Bad Habits
  • The Year of Less: How I Stopped Shopping, Gave Away My Belongings, and Discovered Life Is Worth More Than Anything You Can Buy in a Store
  • 101 Power Thoughts
  • The Longevity Paradox: How to Die Young at a Ripe Old Age
  • How to Be a People Magnet: Finding Friends--And Lovers--And Keeping Them for Life
  • Your Money Ratios: 8 Simple Tools for Financial Security
  • Whole: Rethinking the Science of Nutrition
  • Goodbye, Things: The New Japanese Minimalism
  • Hopatcong Vision Quest
  • Claws of the Panda: Beijing's Campaign of Influence and Intimidation in Canada
  • Autumn's Angel (Romancing the Spirit, #6)
  • Darkness on the Nile
  • Wendigo (The Raven and The Witch Hunter, #1)
“study that showed that even people without diabetes who had high blood sugar performed worse on memory tests. What’s more, the same study found that people with higher blood-sugar levels had a shrunken hippocampus, which is the part of the brain involved in learning.7 And” 1 likes
“We spend so much time “doing” that we have forgotten how important simply “being,” or “nondoing,” is for the brain. Before” 1 likes