Start by marking “Crazy Sexy Juice: 100+ Simple Juice, Smoothie Nut Milk Recipes to Supercharge Your Health” as Want to Read:
Crazy Sexy Juice: 100+ Simple Juice, Smoothie  Nut Milk Recipes to Supercharge Your Health

Hello, gorgeous!

Welcome to a juicing and blending adventure!

If youve picked up this book, its likely that youre looking to bring more zing into your life. Perhaps youre feeling a little tired. Bloated. Out of sorts. Whatever it is, youve come to the right place. Get ready to say good-bye to feeling meh and hello to feeling fabulous!
     In Crazy Sexy Juice,
Published October 20th 2015 by Hay House, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Crazy Sexy Juice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crazy Sexy Juice

Start your review of Crazy Sexy Juice: 100+ Simple Juice, Smoothie Nut Milk Recipes to Supercharge Your Health
Verity
Jan 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cancer

[image error] photo giphy_zpsegkwdegf.gif

Kris Carr first came to my attention when I watched Crazy Sexy Cancer, a documentary that showed her type 4 cancer diagnosis and the changes she made to live a healthy happy life. I found it highly motivational and if you haven't seen it, I urge you to do so.
I must be honest, I didn't so much pick this book for smoothie recipes, my blender is on the fritz and I'm very much a "blend what's in the fridge" type of gal anyway. I wanted something that would motivate me to get my
Nikki
Sep 16, 2015 rated it liked it
9-15-15

Overall Crazy Sexy Juice is a beautiful book with gorgeous photos and a nice layout. However, the juices and smoothies themselves are not terribly new if you have been around the vegan or healthy food community for very long. The juices especially are quite common, though there were a few gems in there (such as Crimson Dawn). Unfortunately Carr relies heavily on cucumber as a base in her juices, which I personally cannot drink. This is easily remedied but I do wish she had more variety in
Alex Linschoten
Sep 15, 2015 rated it it was ok
A pity. I use to find something vaguely approachable about Kris Carr in the early days of her 'healthy person' career, but this book is a bit of a waste. Pretty much everything she says is available in her early books (or films, or, indeed, ANY book about juicing) and this makes me suspect that this volume was published with less than pure motives. The photos are pretty, and if you know nothing about anything, I guess maybe you'd get something out of this. Otherwise, give this one a miss.

Thanks
Jenny
Oct 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
I checked this out from my library and have already added it to my "wish list" to buy. There's a lot of great information in the first half of the book about nutrients, how our bodies process things, what fruits and veggies give you what, and so on. That alone made it worth it to me. Maybe you can find this information on her website, but I like having it all in one place. The recipes were good for ideas on what to add to my current smoothie rotation, although I probably won't follow them ...more
jeni brasfield
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I got CRAZY SEXY JUICE for a crazy sexy price of $0.99 on my kindle! I found Kris Carr while reading Dr. Sara Gottfried's THE HORMONE CURE. Kris's personal story is nothing short of amazing. My favorite juice is her immune juice. ~jeni b~
Nov 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
A wonderful and educational resource for living a healthier lifestyle!

Chockful of easy-to-follow recipes (and beautiful, illustrative photos) for juicing your way to better health! The recipes are divided into helpful categories, such as : Superfoods, Immunity Boosters, Energizers, etc. Plus, this book is filled with great information about in what ways various ingredients provide healthful benefits. I found the section on various nut and seed "milks" that the author included to be a great
Vegan Living
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm a big fan of juicing, and I really admire Kris and how she's handled her journey with cancer.

Although I agree that much of what's in this book can be found elsewhere, I really like the way she pulls the information together.

Her approach to juicing and her creativity with recipes is inspiring and I find myself being willing to put up with the "clean up" to try out some of her recipes.

I've also started making nut milks, which is a whole other world of plant-based liquids, and found a really
Jacqueline Allene
Dec 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a great book filled with good information. I have tired juicing and smoothies before. My receipts Ive gotten off the Internet were ok or they were gross. But after reading this book and trying some of the receipts. They taste way better than what I have originally done in the past.

I highly recommend this book. It also gave me information I wasnt aware of when it came to juicing veggies that are a bit hard on my stomach. This is a great beginner book.
valeria cazzetta
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love everything that Kris Carr does. I am a huge fan of her incredible work. Her meditation albums are magical, her card deck inspiring and her book about juices, milks and smoothies is something to have in your kitchen ! She will make you love your green vegetables in a smoothie for sure !
Iesha McInnish
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
These juices are versatile and easy! Miss Carr also includes a few recipes. My kids LOVE the herbed lentil recipe. It can be altered to become a welcome addition to salads, soups, and taco filling as well. Miss Carr's books are consistently hilarious, easy to navigate, and extremely informative.
Colleen
Jun 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Kris Carr has a cute style and an infectious enthusiasm for her subject. I wont invest in a juicer just yet because Im not sure Ill use it enough to warrant the cost but the smoothies Ive made from this book have been delicious. ...more
Brittany Benton
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing! Perfect for beginners in the land of green juices & green smoothies! Simple & easy recipes & ideas! Love it!
Leah Clancy Von Hagen
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great recipes!
Brenda French
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love all of Kris Carrs book. ...more
Richard Bowman
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You'll get a good understanding of juicing and it's benefits.
Cristina Amurao
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This books is full of yummy smoothies and juices ideas. I love how Kris combines unexpected ingredients - Im always pleasantly surprised. ...more
Shannon L. Gonzalez
Oct 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Book Review: Who knew Juicing could be sexy?
crazysexyjuicecover-400

Crazy Sexy Juice

100+ simple juice, smoothie & nut milk recipes to supercharge your health

Plus an energizing 3-day cleanse

by Kris Carr

Shes been on Oprahs Super Soul Sunday touting the benefits of juicing and healthy food as a medicine. If you havent heard of her, Kris Carr is the queen of Crazy, Sexy as in Cancer Tips, Diet, Kitchen and now Juice.

She lives by her word. She was diagnosed with cancer in 2003, because of her
Heidi
Feb 10, 2017 rated it liked it
I love Kris Carr's backstory and her message in general, however, I find it hard to really love anything written about juicing and smoothies because after a couple days of liquifying my food, I get bored and uninterested...maybe that's just me....
Pamela
Jan 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a neat book! This is my first Kris Carr cookbook to read and I was impressed. There is beautiful photography throughout the whole book with easy to follow instructions and explanations on each recipe. She refers you to the page number in her book where an ingredient's recipe can be found, along with more information. I am not much of a juicer and lean towards nut milk and smoothies, but found all the recipes to look appealing. If a recipe contained an uncommon ingredient, Kris told you ...more
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, cooking-health
This book is amazing. Not only does she give you a ton of juice and smoothie recipes to try, she breaks them down into how each group of drinks is helping your body. So helpful when you have specific health issues to overcome!
She also shares her knowledge of juicing and blending from living this lifestyle for the past fifteen years. Way more information than I thought I would get from this book, and I'm so grateful.
Kris Carr is my ultimate health guru and has taught me so much. If you haven't
Jimena
May 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
This is absolutely a beautiful book with a neat lay-out and gorgeous photo's! I'm a beginner in juicing and found the recipes and background information really helpful. I've never heard of Kris Carr before I received a copy of this book and her story is very inspiring. If you're a beginner in juicing like me, this is a great book to start with!

Thanks to Netgalley and Hay house for providing a free copy
Amanda
May 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book for it's information sections on produce (e.g., how to store, nutrients in each ingredient, etc.), as well as the provision of both juice and smoothie recipes. The author recognizes the importance of keeping juices "green" in order to reduce sugar. Several of her smoothie recipes were innovative and contained combinations that I had not tried. This is a great book for beginners, as well as those who regularly juice or make smoothies and want to increase their knowledge.
Casey
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm definitely still a beginner juicer, but know enough if the basics to get by. Carr's book was a good balance of lots of this basic info plus her own experiences as a juicing pro. Other than the recipes, I loved the section on choosing and storing produce. Other key takeaways include the pros and cons of juicing vs blending and that I can freeze juices!
Brittany Nicole
Oct 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love this juice/smoothie/etc. recipe book and I can't wait to try a lot more. But the herbal elixir is by far a favorite. I just might have to check out the rest of Kris Carr's library. Mighty impressed. If you need a variety of recipes for your Vitamix and juicer, pick this one up. You won't be disappointed.
Monique
Dec 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library-book
I'm getting ready to reincorporate juicing into my daily food plan. I've read numerous books on the subject but this is one of the best. Quick explanations giving you plenty of additional sources to check out. The recipes are great and ideas for juicing while traveling are excellent.
Sophie
Oct 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a very good book about healthful living. It is educational and contains great information on juicers, blenders and ingredients. There are great juices and smoothies recipes.
Crystal
Very good book for beginners, good recipes for the pro's:)
mrs a mckenzie
Mar 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Juice cleansers

Everyone needs good recipes this book has them all. Easy to read and lovely pictures ,can't wait to get started.
Stephanie
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great information and lots of good ideas here.
A good choice for everyone's personal library.
Highly recomended.
Tine Mclennan
Jan 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Excellent, full of information and great recipes

• Medical Medium Liver Rescue: Answers to Eczema, Psoriasis, Diabetes, Strep, Acne, Gout, Bloating, Gallstones, Adrenal Stress, Fatigue, Fatty Liver, Weight Issues, SIBO & Autoimmune Disease
  • Eat Feel Fresh: A Contemporary, Plant-Based Ayurvedic Cookbook
  • Simple Green Smoothies with Jen and Jadah: The Radically Easy Way to Lose Weight, Increase Energy, and Be Happier in Your Body
  • Super Immunity: The Essential Nutrition Guide for Boosting Your Body's Defenses to Live Longer, Stronger, and Disease Free
  • The Minimalist Home: A Room-By-Room Guide to a Decluttered, Refocused Life
  • Teach Yourself Visually WordPress
  • Get Off Your Acid: 7 Steps in 7 Days to Lose Weight, Fight Inflammation, and Reclaim Your Health and Energy
  • Is There Still Sex in the City?
  • Medical Medium Life-Changing Foods: Save Yourself and the Ones You Love with the Hidden Healing Powers of Fruits  Vegetables
  • Ageless Vegan: The Secret to Living a Long and Healthy Plant-Based Life
  • 400 Calorie Fix
  • The Witcher Library Edition Volume 1
  • The Plantpower Way: Italia: Delicious Vegan Recipes from the Italian Countryside
  • The Swing!: Discover the Revolutionary Kettlebell Program That Will Take You from Fat to Fit
  • The Candle and the Flame
  • Never Get Angry Again: The Foolproof Way to Stay Calm and in Control in Any Conversation or Situation
  • Ratio: The Simple Codes Behind the Craft of Everyday Cooking
  • Buffett: The Making of an American Capitalist
Kris Carr is a multi-week New York Times best-selling author, speaker and wellness activist. Kris is the subject and director of the documentary, Crazy Sexy Cancer, which aired on TLC and The Oprah Winfrey Network, and the author of the award-winning Crazy Sexy Cancer book series. Her latest books, Crazy Sexy Diet and Crazy Sexy Kitchen, will change the way you live, love and eat! Kris regularly ...more