Start by marking “Memories of Heaven: Children's Astounding Recollections of the Time Before They Came to Earth” as Want to Read:

Nineteenth-century British poet William Wordsworth expressed the idea that we gradually lose our intimate knowledge of heaven as we grow up, observing that “our birth is but a sleep and a forgetting” of our previous heavenly existence.

Dr. Wayne W. Dyer and co-author Dee Garnes had often talked about how the ones who know the most about God are those who have just recently
Published October 13th 2015 by Hay House, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Memories of Heaven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Memories of Heaven

Start your review of Memories of Heaven: Children's Astounding Recollections of the Time Before They Came to Earth
Kati Polodna
Dec 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
I found this at my library when I shelving and flipped open to a page. I was drawn in right away. They're just little stories from around the world about kids and heaven or Jesus or precognition about things they shouldn't know, but it was so interesting. I was up until almost midnight reading it straight through. ...more
Carla
Jan 08, 2019 rated it did not like it
Let me start by saying that although I'm not overly religious, I do believe there is a spirit world and some sort of existence after death. What that involves I'm not sure. I'm open to the idea of guardian angels. I'm open to the possibility that there is much more to life and death than what has been proven to us and is known for sure.

This book had me rolling my eyes. So many statements and ideas I read made me think "What a load of sh!te".

These were my main issues with the book:

1. The basis o
Ivy
Jan 10, 2016 rated it liked it
This was really more like a 2.5, but since that isn' t an option I gave it three. I found the anecdotes interesting, but that is really all it is; lots and lots of short anecdotes, and white space. This book could probably have saved half of the paper it was printed on. It was a fast easy read. Children definitely have lots to say, and we certainly should listen, but this is not the best book ever. ...more
Westminster Library
This was a sweet book! I enjoyed reading the innocent comments that the children make about heaven. The format of this book in unique in that it is just excerpts from letters that family members submitted. They note the experience they felt when the child in their lives made a comment or recalled and experience about heaven.

Find Memories of Heaven at the Westminster Public Library.
Gena DeBardelaben
Sep 04, 2015 rated it liked it
eARC: Netgalley

I began reading this book with the assumption that it was Christian based. It is not. It's more along the lines of new age universalism or maybe even pantheism. Jesus is mentioned in the text, but other doctrines are as well.

I was interested in the book because of several things my granddaughter had said when she was very young about how things were when she lived with God before she came to live here. There are quite a few stories of other children sharing similar experiences.

It
Kelly
Aug 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Magnificently eye-opening...

For my whole life I’ve always believed there was more to us than our physical bodies. I remember, only once, as a child stopping myself (amid getting in trouble for something I can’t even remember now what it was) and the whole room seemed to empty out of my surroundings, including the people and objects. In that moment I felt peace and asked, “who am I, why am I here?” Although the answer did not come to me at that moment because I was jarred back into “reality” with
Brett
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Our purpose as parents is to help grow healthy, imaginative kids. The authors message is that we need to encourage our children’s spiritual experiences and not get in their way. “Make this an idea that comes alive for them, rather than a subject that you push aside because it might interfere with some long-held notions of the absurdity of such an idea, or because it might conflict with some cultural or religious teaching that you may have unconsciously adopted as an unassailable truth.”

I am not
Susan Swiderski
Aug 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Years ago, a segment of Art Linkletter's TV show entailed him interviewing a small panel of young children, and invariably, he received surprising, often laugh-out-loud responses to his questions. He even wrote a very funny book based on those interviews, titled "Kids Say the Darnedest Things."

Well, this book is kinda like that... but different. Yes, kids DO say some amazing things, but rather than focus on the funny, this book concentrates on their more profound statements. It's a compilation
Oct 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
I found this book to be really interesting and loved reading the stories that were submitted for the book. The first time I had heard something about this subject was when a neighbor talked about her daughter having an imaginary friend. I was fascinated by this. I now have Granddaughter's and can't wait to explore this with them.
I see things in one of my Granddaughters that would suggest an Italian background? So, reading this book has helped me to slow down my thinking and I can't wait for some
Robert Lloyd
Dec 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A subject near and dear to my heart

I currently am the father of three beautiful children, and although I can't say they have had any experiences like those in this book, I do believe their beauty and innocence is truly divine. This book was enjoyable because along with the interesting stories I felt a greater appreciation for my own children's spiritual worth and beauty. In some ways this book is very simple as it is mostly a collection of anecdotes, however the authors did bring up some good id
Gergana
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
A beautiful compilation of human experiences with the spirits around us. The purity of children allows us to touch the power and energy around us. This book reminds the grown ups to listen very carefully when children talk to us and to respect them. I am looking forward to experiencing this for myself. The book also answered few of my own questions about the spiritual world. I am very grateful for this knowledge.
Nicolette Froelicher
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
One of the best I have ever read!! I will always keep this book with me!! My mom has always told me from day 1 that I chose her to be my mom and I fully believe that and I am very grateful that she has never tried to stifle or deny my spirituality and the things I have seen and has helped me to embrace those gifts. So I hold this book very dear to my heart.
Joyce
Apr 25, 2021 rated it liked it
Short recollections, mostly by parents of comments of their children about heaven, seeing deceased loved ones, remembering "past lives". Interesting and fast read though being a Christian, not sure what to think about the stories about the possibility of reincarnation. All in all it was amazing that children so young, especially 2 yrs old, would be able to relate the experiences. ...more
Sharon M. Koliba
Very comforting

I enjoyed all the stories retold and it gives me comfort to know there is something beyond this earthly life. I just finished the book but I know I'll re-read it.

Teresa Biggie
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I know most of these were taken from the internet.. but they were so short... short paragraghs...and some just seemed like the same thing but changed the names of the children. They were amazing but I wish there were more to the story
Katie Warburton
Aug 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very interesting

I found this book very interesting, reading some of the stories reminded me of a memory I have, where my infant son said something very similar to me. I would recommend this book.
Grace Palmer
Mar 13, 2021 rated it it was ok
I usually love Wayne dyer books but this is more like lots and lots of stories from parents of children who pretty much say they know where they came from. So it’s more a collection of letters from parents than a book... wouldn’t read again.
Adoree Blair
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great examples of what children say that we either ignore or shrug off - but we should listen to them! It's a fun read - ...more
Natalia Dewi
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: amazing-books
One of Dr Wayne Dyer's life changing books. Love it. ...more
Valerie
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
breath-taking. inspiring. sad, yet hopeful.

very well written and documented.

a must read for yourself. no words can describe the feelings this book brings.
Cassandra Healey
May 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
This is essentially a complication of very short statements grouped by category. You must trust the authors that each statement is true.
Angel
Jun 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
A fascinating insight into the world of spirit and how closely we are all connected to wonder that has gone before us and is yet to come.
Cc
Jul 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Pretty dang interesting! Who knew we "picked" our parents. Pretty unbelievable stuff, but it's been documented repeatedly so maybe there is truth to this information. Very fascinating! ...more
Leslie
Aug 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Listen to the little children for they are wise with messages of home, if we open our hearts to the possibility.
Rosanne Siegel
interesting ideas and warming

Ande
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
Go ahead and read it if you are into parents brainwashing their children and then asking targeted questions to see if the answers remotely match the brainwashing. Not my cup of hot chocolate.
Nduarte
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love it

What an amazing reminder that we are part of something bigger than our own ego and how children still conected .

Nicola
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
The book is a collection of emails that people sent it. Although nice to read, its basically a printed out Reddit feed.
Antonia
Apr 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Easy read that rekindled the light in my heart❤️
Keith CARTER
Apr 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
I am going to be extremely concise in this review. FASCINATING!!!
« previous 1 3 next »

• What if THIS is Heaven?
  • Life After Life: The Investigation of a Phenomenon - Survival of Bodily Death
  • Лятото с тъжните курви
  • What Really Matters: 7 Lessons for Living from the Stories of the Dying
  • Dear Enemy (Daddy-Long-Legs, #2)
  • 18% Gray
  • To Heaven and Back: The True Story of a Doctor's Extraordinary Walk with God
  • 37 Seconds: Dying Revealed Heaven's Help--A Mother's Journey
  • Аз още броя дните
  • Dying to Wake Up: A Doctor's Voyage into the Afterlife and the Wisdom He Brought Back
  • Journey of Souls: Case Studies of Life Between Lives
  • الكتاب بين المبهم و المهمل
  • جيندار
  • وإذا الصحف نشرت
  • Focus Aan/Uit
  • Busy: How to Thrive in a World of Too Much
  • The Last Story of Mina Lee
  • Затворисърце
Wayne Walter Dyer was a popular American self-help advocate, author and lecturer. His 1976 book Your Erroneous Zones has sold over 30 million copies and is one of the best-selling books of all time. It is said to have "[brought] humanistic ideas to the masses".

He received his D.Ed. degree in counseling from Wayne State University. He was a guidance counselor in Detroit at the high school level and

News & Interviews

“when you learn to trust in yourself, you are actually trusting in the very wisdom that created you.” 1 likes
“We are all infinite spiritual beings having a temporary human experience, and” 1 likes