Start by marking “Lumberjanes, Vol. 2: Friendship to the Max” as Want to Read:
Lumberjanes, Vol. 2:  Friendship to the Max

Lumberjanes, Vol. 2: Friendship to the Max

(Lumberjanes (Collected Editions) #2)

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  17,575 ratings  ·  1,680 reviews
What a mystery!

Jo, April, Mal, Molly, and Ripley are not your average campers and Miss Qiunzella Thiskwin Penniquiqul Thistle Crumpet's Camp for Hardcore Lady-Types is not your average summer camp. Between the river monsters, magic, and the art of friendship bracelets, this summer is only just beginning. Join the Lumberjanes as they take on raptors and a sibling rivalry th
Published October 13th 2015 by BOOM! Box

To ask other readers questions about Lumberjanes, Vol. 2, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Emily Adams
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

·  17,575 ratings  ·  1,680 reviews

Lindsey Rey
Nov 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015, graphic-novels
FRIENDSHIP TO THE MAX!!! I WISH EVERYBODY HAD A KITTEN!!
carol.
Score! For a person who ordinarily struggles with the format of graphic novels, this series is the max, adorbs, the bomb, rad, peachy keen.

(I honestly don't know what kids say these days).

Anyway, I thought it was a more cohesive story, with great adventures in each issue. One of the things that was particularly enjoyable is that Counselor Jamie, Joan, Juanita, Jedidah, Jen has been brought into the loop. Chapter Five, 'Friendship to the Craft,' starts with a nice, safe, crafting activity and I l
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Nonsensical in the best way. These graphic novels are SO cute.
Warda
Apr 20, 2018 rated it liked it
I love these characters!
Heidi The Reader
Aug 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Is there anything a Lumberjane can't do? I don't think so.

From monsters to mysteries to zombified boy scouts, the Lumberjanes saga continues in this fun graphic novel.

Friendship to the max!

If only I could convince my reluctant reader to give it a try... I think she'd love it. Highly recommended for everyone.
Lola
Oct 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
More enjoyable than the first. At least now we know what the crazy weird stuff in the first volume was. I think this comic’s biggest flaw is how disorganized the story is….

But that’s also what makes it so much fun. You never know what to expect. One minute they are minding their own business, being all really tranquil and sage, and next thing you know they are being chased by dinosaurs. True story.

These faces still haven’t become fully familiar to me, although now I’m starting to recognize more
Kate (GirlReading)
Nov 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is without a doubt one of the most bizarre series I've ever read but it's so much fun, I couldn't care less. I'm loving it!
Joe Valdez
Jun 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
My first experience reading a graphic novel has been Lumberjanes by Noelle Stevenson & Grace Ellis. My review of Vol. 1: Beware the Kitten Holy can be found here and while I remain enamored by the wit and whimsy on display in this series--in which five Lumberjane scouts learn naval gauging, anagram solving and monster hunting at summer camp--I don't like having to review four chapters at a time.

I've said everything I need to say about this book without going into detail about what "junk" Ap
Kristina Horner
Dec 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Picked this up on a beautiful Sunday and read it in one sitting at the park. Lumberjanes is so delightful and I highly recommend it to any ladies who want a heavy dose of friendship and girl power.
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews
I've shut the child beast out because she was looking for attention and that takes time away from me reading. I mean, that's just out of order. Kids are such hard work, they want your time and affection and... argh, they're SO DEMANDING! There are fictional characters that need me, why can't they understand that.

-----

Kitten Power ... or girl power... either... NO, BOTH!

description

Onwards!

Sesana
Jul 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, fantasy
I actually read these as single issues from my library, and I was happy I didn't have to wait for the complete volume. I had so much fun reading the first volume, and volume two was every bit as good. It had the added benefit of tying up a lot of loose ends from volume one (but not all of them) and more character development. I was satisfied with the way the major story arc was resolved, and I'm very glad that there's more Lumberjanes on the way.
Emily (emilykatereads)
I decided to relax a bit and pick this up before studying for my Greek Mythology exam. Then Greek mythology pops up throughout this volume. I can't escape it, but I love it. It gave me a chuckle, especially with Apollo characteristically being "a tit" (as my Greek myth prof calls him). Fun story. Good humour. I wish everyone had a kitten for real.
Kailey (BooksforMKs)
I liked this comic a lot! The girls are always getting into trouble, and they have the funniest one-liners. The drawing style kind of weirds me out sometimes, but I like the colors and the action scenes. The story is hilarious and unpredictable, all kinds of craziness going on. I love how the characters are all so different, and they stick together as true friends.

My favorite thing is that the girls are always saying stuff like, "How in the Annie Smith Peck did you get up there?" or "For the lov
ashley (saidthestory)
Oct 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
This series gets better and better. I thoroughly enjoy it, can't wait to read more.
Kaitlin
Nov 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is volume 2 in the wonderful Lumberjanes series and I was super excited to read this one after having adored the first volume. Sadly this one didn't quite live up to how much I enjoyed the first one, maybe because it explained a few too many things rather than being quite as insane and random as the first (traits I very much enjoyed) but it was still hugely bright and chirpy and filled with life.

The story continues following our main few characters in this one and I have to say that I am s
✩ Ashley ✩
3.5 Stars

I enjoyed the second volume more than the first! It is pretty much a comic version of Saturday morning cartoons that I would watch as a kid. The Lumberjanes are starting to grow on me, even if I don’t remember their names yet ;)
Richard Cardenas
Jul 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Just as fun as the first one!
Kristin
May 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love lumberjanes and ripley is still my favorite! This volume was fun, not as strong as the first and some of the issues felt rushed but overall it's still amazing!
Lauren Stoolfire
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lumberjanes by Noelle Stevenson is absolutely delightful. The sense of humor, rollicking adventure, and air of mystery is a real treat. I cannot wait to continue on with this series - I honestly don't know why I haven't already. I also think I need to read everything from Stevenson ever. Thank you to Book Riot's 2019 Read Harder Challenge for giving me the opportunity to read this.
K.
God, I love this series so much. It's so quirky and fun and ridiculous, while sending wonderful messages about female friendship and girls going on adventures and solving puzzles and generally being unique and wonderful characters.

This one was laugh out loud funny at times, featured dinosaurs, and had beautiful art. What more could I want?!
Polly
Jan 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
I didn't like this quite as much as the first volume but honestly this series is so much fun, the characters are damn cute and reading it just makes me feel all fuzzy and happy. Definitely worth picking up!
Erica
Huh.
So.
Yeah.

This was ok.

Just ok.

I loved the first one, all its craziness and hyperactive plot.
This one kept the hyperactive but at the expense of story. I felt like I was being randomly tossed from one moment to the next and the explanation for everything that had happened in the last book was not as dark nor as mysterious as I'd expected. Plus, there was that dreaded repetition thing where elements of the first book are replayed here.

The cultural references also were not nearly so magical this
Lauren
Jul 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
FRIENDSHIP TO THE MAX!

I loved this second volume of Lumberjanes which explores the five characters' relationship in a lot more detail. What's nice about this volume is that it builds on what the readers already know about the slightly "strange" world the girls find themselves in (complete with supernatural animals) and shows how far they will go in order to help their friend(s) in distress.

My favourite chapters in this volume were 'Jail Break' and 'Friendship to the Max'. Both chapters were wit
Amy Lawrence
Jun 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
I read these as single issues, and will be continuing to read this series as single issues because they are so fun I don't see the point in waiting for the trades to be released! This is probably one of my all time favourite "non-superhero" comic series that I've picked up and definitely worth a read!
Erica 📚♋️✨🌸
I LOVE THIS GRAPHIC NOVEL SERIES. ❤😍❤😍❤😍❤😍❤😍❤😍❤😍❤😍❤😍❤😍❤😍😍❤😍❤
Maria
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I actually laughed out loud at some moments. My heart is melting. I LOVE MY GIRLS.
♛ Garima ♛
May 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Still not a fan but will keep reading the series. Ripley is kind of growing on me though....that weirdo!
Julie Ehlers
Like the first volume, this one was fun and funny. I thought the plot went to a really weird place, but given that (view spoiler). I wonder where the story goes from here? There's only one way to find out.
Kristina
Aug 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved it so much!!! It's so fun, epic and heart warming :)
Oct 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm loaning a bunch of comics to my boss and rereading/reading them all first. Ya know, just to make sure they're still good. Spoilers lumberjanes vol 2 is still delightful.

• Lumberjanes, Vol. 6: Sink or Swim
  • Princeless, Vol. 3: The Pirate Princess
  • The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 3: Squirrel, You Really Got Me Now
  • Giant Days, Vol. 7 (Giant Days, #7)
  • Goldie Vance Vol. 2
  • Lumberjanes: Bonus Tracks
  • Lumberjanes/Gotham Academy
  • The Backstagers, Vol. 1: Rebels Without Applause
  • The Stone Heart (The Nameless City, #2)
  • Ms. Marvel, Vol. 3: Crushed
Noelle Stevenson is a comic artist and freelance illustrator residing in Los Angeles, California. She published the young adult graphic novel NIMONA in 2015, which is also serialized online . She has been nominated for a Harvey Award, and was awarded the Slate Cartoonist Studio Prize for Best Webcomic in 2012. She is a graduate of the Maryland Institute College of Art and has done published work f ...more

Lumberjanes (Collected Editions) (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Lumberjanes, Vol. 1: Beware the Kitten Holy (Lumberjanes, Vol. 1)
  • Lumberjanes, Vol. 3: A Terrible Plan
  • Lumberjanes, Vol. 9: On a Roll
  • Lumberjanes, Vol. 10: Parents' Day
  • Lumberjanes, Vol. 11: Time After Crime
“Did you have a plan?"

"I thought adrenaline would take over but it did not.”
61 likes
“Someone tell me what's going on or I am going to freak out, no one else is freaking out the appropriate amount right now.” 13 likes