Start by marking “Hestia the Invisible (Goddess Girls #18)” as Want to Read:
Hestia the Invisible (Goddess Girls #18)

Hestia the Invisible

(Goddess Girls #18)

Hestia feels unseen at Mount Olympus Academy in this eighteenth Goddess Girls adventure.

Hestia, the sweet goddess of the hearth, loves to cook, but is too shy to share her passion with other students. Her famous yambrosia salad is a MOA favorite-but no one has any idea that it was her recipe!

When she has to pick a symbol that represents her highest self for a Service to

Published December 1st 2015 by Aladdin

To ask other readers questions about Hestia the Invisible, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Kate Ybanez asca apparently, i never read it yet...but its definitely him since he was part of the book cover and was also mentioned in the preview.

Short  Reviews
After so many disappointing books in these series, Holub and Williams are finally bringing their old flair back!

5 stars.

I kept grinning like an idiot as I read this, it was just so refreshing to read a goddess girl book that reminded me of why I loved these series in the first place.

After multiple disappointing books, I was just about ready to give up on this series all together. But then, something compelled me to give this one a chance.... and I'm glad I did, because it was awesome!

So far we'v
Rachel
Mar 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Cheesy & girly, but great mythology none-the-less.
Quince Winstyn
Jan 03, 2016 marked it as to-read
Hestia is my favorite Goddess. This book seems promising! :-)
Katie
Jan 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I think that this book is really interesting because it shows why people that are shy could make a difference because this book is really shows that shy people should be included in everybody's life don't leave people out. Because the girl Hestia is a really shy girl nobody would notice that she would be in their class every year people don't even realise she is here. So she takes a risk and finally takes a risk in showing people that she cares and she is very proud of cooking because the favour ...more
Michelle Tempted By Books
Jan 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I liked this story a lot.
Isabel
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I absolutly love how they describe her, her friends, and her enemy’s, feelings and emotion. It’s so awsome, and inspiring

Again I don’t recommend it for those who don’t like the Greek books because this is very Greek and very heartwarming as well as lovable
Nhu
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
I finish this at school and really enjoy it.
Disney_World
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE Hestia she is my favorite and I cant wait to read this. I might dies from curiosity.
April
Mar 08, 2016 rated it liked it
Cute but some problematic moments.

Hestia is the Goddess of the Hearth. After a quick prologue where she brings the idea of centralized hearth-fires to humanity, she is whisked off to MOA. Skip ahead a bunch and we see Hestia feeling mostly invisible at school; doing her best to hide at the back of classes, not be noticed, and skipping off to help the two lunch ladies in the cafeteria any time she can because cooking is her favorite. When a contest for a new Service to Humanity Award is launched
Karen
Aug 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Hestia, a Goddess who attends Mount Olympus Academy or MOA has a unique talent. Not only can she make fire with her hands, she loves to cook! Hestia is also the ONLY Goddess who has hoods attached to her chitons. Her shyness covers her talents and makes her practically invisible to all at MOA. She learns about a special contest open to all that will name the one who provides the greatest Service to Mankind she enters the contest. Hestia along with the others has to choose a symbol that illustrat ...more
Verena
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, myths
Meet the goddess you never noticed before! Hestia, a very shy and sweet goddess, prefers to help the Lunch Ladies in the kitchen and avoids her class mates. But when there's an award about service to humankind, Hestia tries to change her reputation. Will Hestia develop her fiery side and make new friends?
Hestia is my favorite goddess in the series because she is such a sweet character and finds her true self. It was a pleasant book, full of cooking and kitchen fun. She gets the lizard boy Asca
Hershey!16
Aug 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Hestia the Invisible by Joan Houlb is part of the Goddess Girls series, one of the continuing series I love to read during the summer. This particular book is about a young immortal student at Mount Olympus academy named Hestia who is goddess of the hearth. As a shy girl she doesn't have many friends and not a lot of people know her (or about her love of cooking). But as a new contest is surfaced among the students named the Service to Humankind award, Hestia decides to break out of her shell an ...more
Narariel
Sep 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Part of the Goddess Girls series, this book focus on the "minor" goddess Hestia. This was one of my favorites out of the books I've read in the series. Hestia's skills and problems seem more real than some of the other "goddessgirls." I felt that I could relate more to her perspective than that of many others. The story was enjoyable and I can see myself re-reading it.

On my re-reading it, I notice some more subtle "morals" towards the end. The story touches on the idea of being happy for others,
Kelsey
I read this to my 7-year old daughter. A fun book that puts a modern-ish spin on Greek mythology, this book came at just the right time for us. My daughter is getting interested in cooking and Hestia just happens to be the goddess of the hearth whose special talent is cooking. Hestia's personality and struggles also were good foddor for discussion amply suited to my daughter and her current needs.
Kaytee
Nov 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
i like hestia of all the goddessgirls cause i love fire and i wish i could make fire too. hestia got me a little upsessed with her because she is really pretty and i wish i could make fire and now that i am goodreading about her i feel verey jeolous now but this was the best book in the goddessgirls series in my opinion.kaytee kaytee kaytee then kaytees mean i loved it very much i would die for it maybe.
Kelly Carey
Nov 25, 2015 rated it liked it
The popularity of this series seems to be dying off as the authors explore less well known gods and goddesses from mythology. Most students will not know Hestia and that is the way she prefers, at least at first in this book.
Trista Montenegro
Nov 16, 2015 marked it as to-read
Shelves: tr
Great Book I love these because it is good for my age because I am 11
Wing Kiu
Dec 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Quite interesting... really wanted to get to the end to finish the book.
Quiana
Jan 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't wait to turn the page.it was exciting
Kaleigh
Apr 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
These were my favorite books when I was younger. I still read them from time to time. They are very funny and creative.
Hannah Chung
Aug 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Second best goddess girl book! I myself like cooking too, so I know how Hestia feels.
Anna
Ava
Mar 21, 2016
Zeo
Apr 23, 2018
  • Hit the Road, Helen! (Myth-O-Mania, #9)
  • Of Sorcery and Snow (The Ever Afters #3)
  • Time Shifters
  • The Ostrich and Other Lost Things
  • The Lost Legacy (The Supernormal Sleuthing Service, #1)
  • Click
  • The Waffler
  • Misfits (Royal Academy Rebels #1)
  • Mia Fashion Plates and Cupcakes (Cupcake Diaries, #18)
  • Confessions of a So-Called Middle Child
  • The Fairy-Tale Matchmaker (The Fairy-Tale Matchmaker, #1)
  • The Sea King's Daughter: A Russian Legend
  • Mrs. Smith's Spy School for Girls (Mrs. Smith's Spy School for Girls, #1)
  • Fluffy Strikes Back
  • The Morrigan's Curse (Eighth Day, #3)
  • Fairy's Got Talent (Ever After High: A School Story #4)
  • Sleeping Beauty's Daughters
  • The Glitter Trap (Oh My Godmother, #1)
Children's book author:
TOOL SCHOOL; MIGHTY DADS (a NY Times bestseller); LITTLE RED WRITING; the GODDESS GIRLS series (with Suzanne Williams); THIS LITTLE PRESIDENT, A Presidential Primer; THIS LITTLE TRAILBLAZER, A Girl Power Primer, ZERO THE HERO. Lucky to be doing what I love!

Goddess Girls (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • Athena the Brain (Goddess Girls, #1)
  • Persephone the Phony (Goddess Girls, #2)
  • Aphrodite the Beauty (Goddess Girls, #3)
  • Artemis the Brave (Goddess Girls, #4)
  • Athena the Wise (Goddess Girls, #5)
  • Aphrodite the Diva (Goddess Girls, #6)
  • Artemis the Loyal (Goddess Girls, #7)
  • Medusa the Mean (Goddess Girls, #8)
  • Pandora the Curious (Goddess Girls, #9)
  • Pheme the Gossip (Goddess Girls, #10)