Start by marking “Loving the Country Boy (Barrett's Mill #4)” as Want to Read:
Loving the Country Boy (Barrett's Mill #4)

Loving the Country Boy (Barrett's Mill #4)

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  70 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
INSPIRATIONAL ROMANCE

Book 4, Barrett's Mill: In the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains, a family legacy leads to love.

City girl Tess Barrett hopes her move to Barrett's Mill, Virginia, will give her a fresh start. As she gets to know the family she's never met and begins work at their sawmill, everything starts falling into place. Until she meets Heath Weatherby. After narr
Published July 21st 2015 by Love Inspired

To ask other readers questions about Loving the Country Boy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Loving the Country Boy

Kathy Davie
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fourth in the Barrett's Mill inspirational romance series and revolving around the Barrett family legacy and their historic sawmill in Barrett’s Mill, Virginia. The couple focus is on Tess Barrett and Heath Weatherby.

My Take
A very sweet tale of real (and warm) people who take real care for those in their lives without any expectations. It's a care we know, as Ross uses third person dual point-of-view from Tess’ and Heath’s perspectives to grow their attraction to each other and so we can hear th
Molly Cline
Jun 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received this as a Good Reads First Read book and I was SOOO EXCITED to get it. LOVED the series and couldn't wait to 'be welcomed back' to Barrett's Mill!

I had received one of these books as a First Reads Good Reads giveaway book, but wanted to read them in order since they were part of a series. COULD someone read these as individual books? Yes, BUT getting the full feeling effect you have to read all four in order. The first one introduces you to the family although it does center around
Kav
Jul 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
First things first -- cutest cover ever! If that picture doesn't make you want to read the book maybe my review will. :-)

Ross has taken us back to Barrett's Mill -- a fictional town in the Blue Ridge Mountains that seems so real I tried googling it (that's how I know it's fictional!) The author has captured the charm of small town life to perfection with characters that could have climbed out of a Norman Rockwell painting.

In Loving the Country Boy the author explores the strength of family as
Michelle
Feb 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
There are four books in this series. The first and last books are the best! I enjoyed reading more about Paul and Chelsea from the first book in this final book, that they have struggles. The brothers fought all the time - finding love and romance didn't cure them of brotherly love.

In this book, we meet Heath and Barrett cousin, Tess. Tess needs a change of scenery after another bad break up, so comes to Barrett's Mill to take care of the office while Chelsea is on maternity leave. She finds a w
Linda
Jun 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this sweet love story of a young woman returning to her family's roots far away from the big city life she was used to and finding her true love with a local man who recognized her true worth. He gave her the time she needed to realize she loved him even though he knew it before she did.

Tess Barrett has come to her family’s mill in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains to help out in the office while her cousin is on maternity leave. She has only met one of her cousins but soon meets
Dawn Leonard
Jun 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loving the Country Boy is the last in the Barrett's Mill series but it can be read as a stand-alone. Tess and Heath are an unlikely couple but both are trying to find their home in this world. Tess goes above and beyond (possibly too far beyond) to help her cousins with their furniture business. Both Tess and Heath are finding their way in their personal relationships with God as well. I like how Mia Ross included the other series characters as well as wrapping up some loose ends. But the best p ...more
Bonnie
Sep 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loving The Country Boy by Mia Ross. Tess Barrett lived in the big city. She gives it all up to move back to her families saw mill in Barrett's Mill. She helps out at the saw mill while her cousin's wife is having a baby. She meets Heath Weatherby a mechanic. Neither is looking to marry. When the Barrett family hire Heath to fix the equipment at the saw mill they end up falling in love. A very nice book. A good read.
Madelyn
Aug 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loving the Country Boy is the wonderful finale to the Barrett's Mill Series. I loved this story--there were times when tears welled in my eyes as the story progressed and ended. Ross' writing includes snappy dialogue with heart, grit, and humor. Heath (a wonderfully crafted hero) and Tess' story is a mix of joy, awakening, and finding the mate you are fated to have. When I was done reading, I wished for more and I'm looking forward to Mia Ross' next novel!
irene
Aug 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very good book

A good read and love story. I have enjoyed the book. See how to different people can fell in love. A city girl and country boy. Makes want to see the country as this book is written. Also how family is works together the hard and the good times. Find where you belong.
Melinda M
Aug 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: done
I have read all of the Barrett's Mill series. I enjoyed it as it keeps weaving characters from all of the books. City girl, Tess Barrett moves to Barrett's Mill to help family out and finds the change she was looking forward. She also finds love but it is a up and down story that keeps your attention.
Tammy
Jul 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
A very sweet story with a wonderful cast of characters. Tess and Heath were so adorable together. I haven't read any of the other stories that star Tess's cousins, but meeting them in this story makes me want to find them. It was nice to have a story that was so purely just about falling in love. A quick read that put a big smile on my face by the end.
Colleen
Jul 14, 2015 rated it liked it
I received this book free from a GoodReads give-away. This book was a fun read though very predictable. I assume this book falls into a Christian Romance genre. It was a nice clean story that kept you interested. There is nothing bad to say about this book but it also wasn't an exciting book.
Lara
Jun 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a very good book that was very realistic and sweet. It was also inspirational about finding your place in life and with your family.
Alice
Jun 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads . It was very informative , I enjoyed reading this book .I will be looking for more books from the author in the future , Great book !!
Pam
Jun 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loving the country boy is by Mia Ross. Mia has made her characters realistically and is easy to read. It makes for good summer reading.
Muriel Stang
Tyese
Aug 31, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Winning the Teacher's Heart
  • Amish Redemption (Brides of Amish Country, #13)
  • Reunited with the Cowboy
  • The Doctor's Second Chance
  • Cozy Christmas
  • A Rancher for Their Mom
  • Unexpected Family
  • Single Dad Cowboy (Cooper Creek, #8)
  • The Firefighter's Match (Gordon Falls, #3)
  • A Soldier's Valentine (Maple Springs #2)
  • Yuletide Baby (Cowboy Country, #1)
  • Winter's End (Slocum Family #1)
  • Family Wanted
  • Home to Stay
  • An Amish Family Christmas: Heart of Christmas\A Plain Holiday
  • Falling for Texas
Mia Ross loves great stories. She enjoys reading about fascinating people, long-ago times, and exotic places. But only for a little while, because her reality is pretty sweet. Married to her college sweetheart, she's the proud mom of two amazing kids whose schedules keep her hopping. Busy as she is, she can't imagine trading her life for anyone else's--and she has a pretty good imagination.
More about Mia Ross

Barrett's Mill (4 books)
  • Blue Ridge Reunion (Barrett's Mill #1)
  • Sugar Plum Season (Barrett's Mill #2)
  • Finding His Way Home (Barrett's Mill #3)