Start by marking “That Night with the CEO” as Want to Read:
That Night with the CEO

That Night with the CEO

It was a one-night stand—until her next project has them working side by side!

Entrepreneur Adam Langford always gets what he wants. And he wants the blonde who shared his bed a year ago—then vanished. Now a tabloid scandal whisks Melanie Costello back into his life—as his new PR guru! But the real headline would be if their red-hot secret got out.

Transforming the rebelli
Published August 4th 2015 by Harlequin (first published August 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about That Night with the CEO, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about That Night with the CEO

Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

That Night With The CEO was a truly delightful romance; I loved the characters, I appreciated their situation that complicated their lives and it was entertaining watching them try to maintain the parameters they set in place during their business association despite the fact they'd had a one night stand a year ago. Smart, sophisticated and sensual there is much to love about this book.

I can't help but smile when I think of Adam Langford, the
Tammy Walton Grant
One of my favourite contemporary romance authors debuts with Harlequin Desire this month! Karen manages to push all of my "like" buttons every time out, and her latest effort, "One Night with the CEO" is no exception. (Copy of the book provided by the author in exchange for a honest review)

To summarize: Melanie Costello is working her butt off to keep her small PR firm going. No small feat, after her business (and romantic partner) defected with one of their clients. When telecom mogul Roger La
Audra North
May 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Elaine
Feb 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Easy read
Susan
Aug 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Adam and Melanie had had a one night stand a year ago. He never got her full name and had thought about her often since then. Now he's discovered that she's the PR specialist his father has hired to repair Adam's reputation and he wants more than her professional advice.

At the same time, Melanie is desperately hoping that he won't recognize her. She really needs this job to hang on to her business, after being betrayed by her former business partner and almost fiance. All she has to do is keep
Lynette
Nov 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I like to call myself an active reader, meaning that I get so emotionally invested in a book that there can be a lot of movement & vocalizations. On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being that I need to be strapped down, this book certainly gets an 8. There was a lot of arm flailing and screams of “Oh no! Don’t do it!” Of course there was also fanning myself and swooning as well, as this is a romance novel after all.

Adam Langford is one steamy cup of intellectual hotness. Once he set his mind on getti
Diana Tidlund
Jul 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Karen Booth was an author I was dying to read and couldn't wait to get my hands on her book, That Night With The CEO. I was lucky I did because it was pretty awesome! I loved Melanie, who was trying to get her life and business back together after breaking up with a low-life cheating loser but I really really like Adam, a man who knew what he wanted in life , his own business and Melanie, and wasn't afraid to go after it, no matter what anyone said, including Melanie.
I loved watching these chara
Laurie Evans
Jul 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm a fan of Karen Booth's writing. I love workplace romances, and romances where the couple has a history.

I liked Melanie and Adam from the start. Melanie was very strong and capable as a businesswoman. Adam knew what he wanted, but wasn't over-the-top like some CEO characters. I especially liked the scenes from Adam's point of view: his plans to get her back, how he feels about her. The physical and emotional buildup between Adam and Melanie was my cup of tea; they spend a lot of time together
CL
 photo LIASOM_zps9e498f89.png

Rating: 4*

Cover: Yay

Trope: Reconciliation romance

Chemistry Rating: Simmering

One-Sentence Summary: A one night stand comes back to haunt Melanie when she is forced to work with Adam to change his image.

Review: I enjoyed this book a lot - the only thing that spoiled it for me was the engagement at the end (way too fast!).

Johanna
Entertaining

It was nice to meet the family. Auden's story makes a lot more sense now. Not sure the characters temperaments remain the consistent in the next books. Nevertheless, it was a nice read as a stand alone.
Amelia Autin
Aug 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
I read this book in one sitting, and stayed up late to finish it. It was such a fun read! There were a couple of things that bothered me, but for the most part I loved it.

I really, really loved how much of a basketball fan Melanie was -- that whole scene was totally believable to a woman who has been fan for umpteen years. I loved the chemistry between Adam and Melanie, and I loved how she was determined to put their one night together behind her. And I loved Adam's growth throughout the book, f
Trader (RedHotBlueReads)
May 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing

At first glance of the blurb, I thought this might be the usual rich guy story, and I have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised to say that I really liked this sweet little Cindarella-ish story.

Melanie and Adam had an incredible one night stand a year ago and vanished the next morning, but he's been thinking about her. When she ends up working for his father as a PR expert in charge of cleaning up Adam's image in the press, the spark between them flares back to life.

What was nice about
Lynn Brooks
Mar 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
What happens when the one night stand you haven't been able to forget shows back up in your life a year later?

A tabloid scandal brings PR guru Melanie Costello back into Adam Langford's life when his father hires her to revamp his image. What Melanie doesn't count on before signing on the dotted line of a contract forbidding fraternization is the pull that would still be between them the second they laid eyes on each other. Will she risk the future of her company to give in to temptation with Ad
Valerie Skorup
Jul 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Adam remembers her. Melanie is hoping he doesn't remember their night together after she snuck out. Now a year later Adam needs a PR makeover and with the help of his father they enlist Melanie's company. She takes on the job to boost her one woman company to draw in more clientele but eventually she only draws Adam in closer. Will this work for them or blow up in their faces? For the answer to that, you should read it and find out :).

I really liked this book. Melanie has a little snark in her w
Dayna
Oct 13, 2016 rated it it was ok
Melissa Vicente
Aug 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a man, what a man! Adam Langford is perfection wrapped in a form fitted suit. I was on his side from the beginning and all through the end. Karen Booth knows how to tug on all kinds of strings making readers want to cry from joy, pain and pleasure. A beautiful debut, I can't wait to read more from her!
Geraldine Sadiku
A romance that tugs at the heart strings and is seen from both from Adam's and Melanie's point of view which leads to some interesting exchanges between them. Each have to fight their own battles and learn to trust before coming together well worth a read.
Billysgirl
Sep 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved the story from the beginning how he knew her but admired her in the back of his mind. the characters were great storyline I loved!! the only thing I wish was that it was longer!!! definitely recommended
Lisa (Remarkablylisa)
Oct 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: october-2015
I loved this one! I was seriously doubting harlequin romance because they usually have a poorly flushed out plot line but i've struck gold. It also helped that the model was hot enough for my imagination to wander freely!
Jo Ann
Apr 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-read
Really liked the main characters Adam and Melanie! This is not your typical "rich-alpha-CEO" story - Adam is caring and self aware (and sexy as hell!). Melanie is my kind of heroine - independent and level headed. Ms Booth has a knack for writing characters that are relatable and interesting.
Melody Kearns
Jul 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I could not put this Book down! I read it less then 24 hours.
Harlequin Books
"Booth did an admirable job weaving workplace romance around clever characters in a solid debut" (RT Book Reviews).
Wendy W
Sep 12, 2015 rated it liked it
This was a nice enjoyable romance. It was equally pleasant to read a Desire that was not marriage of convience, blackmail/revenge, or secret babies/ toddlers.
Carrie
Jul 24, 2015 marked it as to-read
I won this book from Goodreads First Reads. Review coming soon.
Denise Polanco
Jan 02, 2016
Len Bautista
Nov 04, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Falling for Her Fake Fiancé (The Beaumont Heirs #5)
  • A Not-So-Innocent Seduction (Kavanaghs of Silver Glen, #1)
  • Calling All the Shots
  • Getting Off
  • Back in Her Husband's Bed
  • Dark Master
  • The Magnate's Marriage Merger (The McNeill Magnates #2)
  • His Pregnant Princess Bride (Bayou Billionaires #1)
  • Boys of Summer
  • The Princess and the Player (Dynasties: The Montoros #4)
  • The S Before Ex
  • Taking Control (Babysitting a Billionaire, #3)
  • Nanny Makes Three (Texas Cattleman's Club: Lies and Lullabies #3)
  • The Billionaire's Daddy Test (Moonlight Beach Bachelors, #2)
  • Trapped with the Tycoon (Mafia Moguls, #1)
  • Claiming His Secret Son (The Billionaires of Blackcastle #4)
  • The Disgraced Playboy (The Notorious Wolfes, #2)
Karen Booth is a Midwestern girl transplanted in the South, raised on 80s music and repeated readings of Forever by Judy Blume. She writes steamy contemporary romance and women's fiction. When she isn't creating fictional hunky men and the women who test them, she's listening to music with her kids, honing her Southern cooking skills or sweet-talking her astoundingly supportive husband into whippi ...more