Start by marking “Woman on Fire: 9 Elements to Wake Up Your Erotic Energy, Personal Power, and Sexual Intelligence” as Want to Read:

Based on her sought-after sexuality workshops, the coauthor of Lesbian Sex Secrets for Men shows women how to master the 9 elements of sexual empowerment to reclaim their desire and live the sexually fulfilling lives they want.

The prevalence of low sexual desire ranges from 26.7% among premenopausal men to 52.4% among naturally menopausal women. That is an enormous segmen
Published September 29th 2015 by Avery

To ask other readers questions about Woman on Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Woman on Fire

Start your review of Woman on Fire: 9 Elements to Wake Up Your Erotic Energy, Personal Power, and Sexual Intelligence
Kyle Wendy Skultety (gimmethatbook.com)
This review originally appeared on my blog at www.gimmethatbook.com.

Amy Jo Goddard is a world reknowned sexual empowerment coach. She has done many things to promote sexuality, feminism, and couple’s communication. With those credentials under her belt, I expected a whole lot from this book –and I wasn’t disappointed!

I started highlighting stuff about 20 pages in. Goddard’s vision is refreshing in that, if society would stop sending women sex-negative messages, they would be able to enjoy themse
Devora Gray
Nov 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This may be the missing link between Sex Ed for Dummies and the Kama Sutra. Amy Jo Goddard's work is not a passing fancy. She speaks with the technical voice of a clinician and the comfort of a friend who ultimately believes the highest self desires the full expression of her empowered sex. Thankfully this is not another HOW TO. There's something for everyone and every level of development. The case studies are relatable and authentic without that pieced together, canned monologue feel.

My favori
Leonore
Dec 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing

"Woman On Fire" is a gem among sex books. Transcending tips and techniques, it thoughtfully examines the cultural and internal messaging that many women carry around sex and sexuality. The 9 element framework is skillfully laid out and you'll find the many anecdotes from real women intriguing, tender and engrossing. Some of my favorites are the personal stories that deal with the "sexual story", overcoming sexual shame (Voice and Release chapters) and embracing the sexual agency that Amy Jo lays
Dawn Serra
Oct 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: women, sexuality
Woman on Fire is a book I am going to recommend to many of my friends and clients. It's a beautiful, accessible book on women's sexuality that invites a lot of introspection and permission around finding your voice, staying curious, staying present, and living your way into your sexual desire and fire. My favorite chapter is Home - which is all about the ways we abandon ourselves and how we can start being more embodied and present by advocating for ourselves and living in our truth. It's a stun ...more
Bernadette
*So thankful* to read this book before I turn 30. I grew up in a highly patriarchical ethnic culture and religion. Everywhere I turned was an unconstructive view of female sexuality that I knew couldn't possibly be the whole truth. This book shifted the way I think about sexuality and life in general, Thank you Amy Jo Goddard for writing this book <3 ...more
Michelle Arredondo
Aug 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received my copy of Woman on Fire: 9 Elements to Wake Up Your Erotic Energy, Personal Power, and Sexual Intelligence via giveaway for an honest review. This is my first time reading anything from Amy Jo Goddard...first time reading anything like it.

First off I will just say.....Wow!! I was a little bashful from the start but as I read on I found this book to be quite insightful...interesting...and sexually empowering. These are not just a collection of cheesy tips on what to do in bed. Oh no!!
Katherine  Downey
I received this book free through goodreads giveaways.

This book will make you take a closer look at every aspect of yourself. Whether you're wanting more confidence, to understand your body and your needs, or to just get to know yourself on a deeper level then this book is for you. And don't be fooled by the title. Though this book is geared towards women (obviously) that doesn't mean it can't be a positive tool for men as well.
Sharie Cohen
Dec 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
After reading "WOMAN ON FIRE" I became a woman on fire!
I am the photographer of her Author Portrait.
It was an honor and a whole lot of fun creating her desired images!
Fantastic life changing book!
Thank you Amy Jo. You are amazing.
Chandra Frederick
Mar 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
An authentic appeal to women to stop accepting that lack of desire is our destiny. I also found the chapter about accepting our bodies to be very powerful. As I was reading it, I began to realize just how critical I have been about my body and just how unfair and limiting it can be.
Katie
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thought provoking - value/belief questioning - all around a great read.
Raquel
An indispensable, deeply compassionate, and beautifully empowering book about fully inhabiting your sexuality and why it matters.
Mitzi
Aug 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book was just.. WOW!! A very powerful book! It made me look at everything, myself included in a whole new way!
Nefertari
Aug 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book through a Goodreads giveaway.

Not just silly tips and advice about pleasing someone else. This book is about making a decision to enjoy yourself!
Mandy
Dec 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love her take on these issues. it's a new way for me to really think. Amy brings the book to life. I can almost picture her reading it to me
Sandrine
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite quotes applies perfectly to this book: The journey to yourself is through yourself!
There is so much in here that makes sense and it is written in a clear voice of openess.
I recommend this book to everyone because everyone deserves to feel and be on fire!
Becky
Jan 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Instructional and informative.......but there are others better
Maria Koisina
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Many insights after reading.
MK
Dec 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sexuality
This book is a well-written and comprehensive approach to rediscovering your personal energy and drive. Easy to follow with helpful questions to ponder at the end of each chapter. There's a wealth of information gleaned from various studies and thought leaders in the area of female sexuality, with it all painstakingly documented at the end if you want to read more.

A must read for anyone who feels there's something missing in their sex life or just feels stuck or dull.
Amy Palmer
tawny
rated it it was ok
Apr 24, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• This Is Your Brain on Birth Control: The Surprising Science of Women, Hormones, and the Law of Unintended Consequences
  • The Light Years
  • Come as You Are: The Surprising New Science that Will Transform Your Sex Life
  • How to Do Nothing: Resisting the Attention Economy
  • Late Migrations: A Natural History of Love and Loss
  • Healing Tasks: Psychotherapy with Adult Survivors of Child Abuse
  • The Hygge Life: Embracing the Nordic Art of Coziness Through Recipes, Entertaining, Decorating, Simple Rituals, and Family Traditions
  • If Men, Then: Poems
  • Sex at Dawn: The Prehistoric Origins of Modern Sexuality
  • You Probably Shouldn't Write That: Tips and Tricks for Creating an Online Dating Profile That Doesn't Suck
  • Charlotte Mason Companion
  • The Ice Limit (Ice Limit #1)
  • First Language Lessons for the Well-Trained Mind: Level 1  2
  • A Charlotte Mason Education: A Home Schooling How-To Manual
  • The Ordinary Parent's Guide to Teaching Reading
  • Home Learning Year by Year: How to Design a Homeschool Curriculum from Preschool Through High School
  • Split Infinity (Apprentice Adept, #1)