Start by marking “House Party” as Want to Read:
House Party

House Party

3.61  ·  Rating details ·  197 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
As the new girl in a strange town, Casey is trying desperately to fit in and make friends. When her parents leave town for the weekend, her friend suggests she have a house party. Casey is reluctant to go along, until she realizes maybe this is the answer to fitting in and making friends--and getting back at her parents. They invite a few people and then a few more, using ...more
Published September 1st 2007 by Orca Book Publishers (first published January 1st 2007)

SeeAmandaRead
Jan 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017-read
2.5/5 Stars

What happens when two stupid 15 year olds throw a party when the parents go away? Hundreds of people show up, the house gets trashed, people get hurt, and the cops get called. I would say spoiler alert, but this is pretty predictable.

I would recommend this PSA book, against the dangers of MSN messenger, to tweens in the early 2000's.

I'm not sure why I read this. I just wanted something dumb and easy to read while I was sick and this fit!
Megan
Aug 18, 2016 rated it liked it
A good story showing that you shouldn't give in and do something you know is wrong. Even though Casey thought she prepared the house enough, the outcome of her party showed her otherwise. I do wish that we'd have seen her parents reactions, but we kind of got an idea of what they'd be through her friend's mom.
Tyra
Feb 27, 2017 added it
it is a good book and it is a book for a teen to read so they now its a bad idea to party.
Jessica
Sep 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The book that i read is house party by eric walter. i think the compares of house party is the dead end job beause in both of the stores are involve great adventure with friends, solving there problems as friends and also helping each other. The dislikes of this book is the ending of the book beause at the end of the book it did'nt give more details at the end like if casey parent's found out about the party they host at there house or the pashement that casey's parents gave to her for having th ...more
Tiffany
Feb 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Not the best book I've ever read, but not the worst either. It is very cliché. The students in my book club enjoyed it!
Elyanna Rondon
Apr 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was very relatable.There was an important moral to the story that is very important to life. If you want a book with suspense you should totally read this!
Jennifer Wardrip
May 05, 2008 rated it really liked it
Reviewed by Sally Kruger, aka "Readingjunky" for TeensReadToo.com

Sometimes, even with great planning and the best of intentions, things can go wrong - very wrong. In HOUSE PARTY, Casey and Jen learn that the hard way.

When Casey's mother announces that they are going away for the weekend and Casey will need to go with them, Casey and her friend Jen come up with another plan. The girls tell Casey's parents that she can stay at Jen's house, while Jen tells her mother that she is planning to stay w
Bryan
Jan 09, 2013 rated it it was ok
The book I read is called House Party by Eric Walters. This book started out good but then I started to dislike it because one of the characters that her name is Jen, started to get annoying because she alway was crying in the whole book pretty much. The second thing i disliked about this book was that the ending was really bad i thought something more exciting would had happen. The main characters in this story are Jen the one that throwing the party and Casey one of Jen friend.other character ...more
Gage Konrade
Feb 17, 2010 rated it really liked it
The book House Party by, Eric Walters, it is about two unpopular young teenagers in high school who dosen't have any friends and they are trying to get noticed.So one of the girls thought that they would get noticed by planning a party at the girls house while her parents are gone. the other one dident want to but the girl persuaded her into having one.After they both decided to have one they called only 15 people and when the party started they had over 40 people.There they wanted to to have no ...more
Rosa Hernandez
Apr 11, 2013 rated it liked it
House Party by Eric Walters
this book is like projectX is a movie about a boy that when his parents when to vocation he make a party in his house and he burn house and another boy throw the car to the pool. This book is special because the girl is only 15 years old a she make a party becuse her friend tell her. I like this book becuse she was so dumd to do the party and let the people put it in the internt.Casey and Jen make the party becuse they want to be popular in her school and no to be a lo
Me
Jan 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
For all the Orca series books, which this one is a part of they never reach the full climax. Therefore one star will automatically disappear. However in House Party, they actually got closer to the climax than they have ever done before. This was reason for excitement.

The two girls decide to have a party, with Jen peer pressuring the other. While all of these Orca books are about teen issues, I really liked this one even though I would never host a party.

I really liked how the little things tha
Wan Yu( Stephanie)
Mar 24, 2011 rated it liked it
The title of this book already tell the readers what the book is about. This book is about Casey who got convinced by Jen to open a house party when her parents go to work over the weekends. Casey thought the party is going to be alright so they invited more people to the party. But things go wrong as the time passes by: people went to Casey parents' bedroom and bathroom; random people come in for no reason;people breaking the bowl, ect. Everything got messed up. Finally, they called the police ...more
Evelyn
Nov 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
The book I read was House Party and the Author is Eric Walters.At the end it was repeating the same what was going on. This book is unique becuase if you love mystery you will enjoy it. another thing i liked was that it makes a moral at the end of the story. The main character is Casey, from what i read she was blonde and short. She cared about her friend. The girls throw a party, when one of the parents leave out of the town.The hook of the story is that they do something they not suppose to be ...more
Xiao Wen
Mar 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I never been to a party like the one in the book. The house party in the book is totally chaos. I do not understand that why so many people go to the party without the invitation. However, I think that Jen is a good friend because although she is the one that always disobedient to her parents, but she always help Casey no matter what happen. Although Jen creates the chaos, but while she knows Casey has a hard time to handle, she usually stand out. I think that Jen has dual personalities because ...more
Maddie
Nov 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is called "House Party", written by Eric Walters. This book is for people who love dramatic short stories. This book is about two friends, their names are Casey and Jen. Casey is new in town and Jen is her best friend. On the weekend Casey's mom told her that she and her dad were going out of town for the weekend. Her mom thinks that Casey is going to stay at Jen's house for the weekend, and Jen's mom thinks Jen is staying at Casey's house for the weekend. It is true that Jen is stayin ...more
Lefty Kalaitzis
Jun 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book reminded me way too much of the movie project X. They both basically have the same storyline, the kid who wants to be popular throws a party based on suggestions from other and then it gets out of hand and they want to stop it , except in this book Casey's parents actually allow her to throw the party which I found really interesting. This book is basically about making decisions and doing what's right.
Cole Benincase
Apr 21, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book-club
This book was great! It was about a girl whos parents went away on a trip. They told her mom that she was going to stay at her friend Jen's house, but they really threw a party at her house.(Caseys house) The party got out of control and the cops came. Casey and Jen had to share the cost of the damage. I learned that you should never do something you dont want to because it could lead to something worse.
Kailin
Dec 13, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: january-10
Casey's moms away for the weekend, so her friend and her have a house party. Casey only invites a few people, but that night hundreds show and it becomes crazy! Casey had made a terrible decision to have this party... it becomes so bad the police show! I'd recommend this book my friend Sarah because she likes to have fun like Casey and her friend!
Brandi
Feb 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book was pretty interesting and it kinda had a lesson behind it. This new girl in town only had one friend since she just moved. Her parents tell her they are going to visit her grandparents for a couple of days, and that she could just stay at this new friends house since she had a soccer game the next day. They get this idea to throw a party but things go way wrong and get out of hand.
Malerie
Jun 25, 2016 rated it really liked it

I enjoyed this book, for I will possibly encounter a situation simular in my future and this gave me a good idea of what not to do. The only reason I didn't give it a five star rating is because of the ending. I wish the book had of shown what the parents said in the end about the party, but unfortunately this book left me hanging. Overall, a good read.

Age recommendation:12-15
Jaclin McGuire
A house party gone wrong! While the parents are away, Jen and her friend decide to throw a party but it goes drastically wrong. This is a good chapter book for low-level readers. I could keep it on my shelf and if I taught an entire class of low-level readers, I could teach it because they'd learn from it and find it interesting.
Bridgette
Jul 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Hi Lo Book. Easy read with a great plot. Two friends, Casy and Jen, decide to have a house party while Casy's parents are out of town. They are two unpopular teenagers and think by having a house party with alcohol that this will move them of the popular-social ladder. They soon find out that having a house party brings about many problems. Fantastic book! Highly recommeded.
Casey Preston
Nov 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I think it was intresting. I liked it because it had a couple of Loops. I would recommend this book to propel who like party's and people who are responsible. Because Casey the persons who threw the party was responsible and so was her friend.
Daniel Bellemore
Mar 03, 2014 rated it liked it
In the book House Party by Eric Walters, it takes place with a teenage girl that just moved from everyone and everything that she had known and is know trying to fit in with the popular kids by throwing a party, but it takes a turn for the worse. I would recommend this book for a friend.
Aidy
Apr 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I like this book so much because it has so many things that i liked. I t tells you about people making bad things in their lifes.They make wrong choices.They always drink when their parents are not home orwhen they are partys with their friends....
Deborah
Nov 24, 2010 rated it really liked it
An eye opening view of what can happen when you leave your underage teenagers alone. Michael-Philip read this book I hope he did not get any ideas. I really like Eric Walters books- he writes books that kids can really relate to. I truly like his authenticity.
Monique Hayes
May 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This story is mainly about Casey's and her friend Jen who plan a party at Casey's house while her parents are gone but the party gets way out of hand and they can't controll the huge crowds.I rated this book a five Because it was a really enjoying and a drama story.
Jeremy
Nov 03, 2009 rated it it was amazing
i like to party and i like this book
Chandler
I thought that the book was well made and it was short. So whenever you need a fast quick good book to read I recommend this book.
If I could rate this book I would rate this book a 8/10
Catherinej
So far so good just started this book & i kinda like it
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
YA Buddy Readers'...: House Party by Eric Walters - August 19, 2016 13 69 Aug 21, 2016 10:55PM
  • Bang
  • Yellow Line
  • Chat Room
  • Reaction
  • First Time
Eric was born in Toronto in 1957, which makes him "real old". But, as Eric says, "Just because I have to grow old doesn't mean that I have to grow up!" In his many roles as parent, teacher, social worker, youth sports coach and writer he is in constant contact with children and young adults. He draws from these experiences and feels that this helps him to capture the realistic interaction between ...more
More about Eric Walters...