Start by marking “Secrets and Doors: Stories by The Secret Door Society” as Want to Read:
Secrets and Doors: Stories by The Secret Door Society

Secrets and Doors: Stories by The Secret Door Society

Open the door and unlock the secrets in eleven short stories from The Secret Door Society, an organization of fantasy and science fiction authors dedicated to charitable work. All proceeds from this anthology benefit the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation in their quest to cure Type One Diabetes (T1D).

In these pages you’ll discover a modern woman trapped in an old fashi
Published January 23rd 2015 by Crimson Edge Publishing Company

To ask other readers questions about Secrets and Doors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secrets and Doors

Start your review of Secrets and Doors: Stories by The Secret Door Society
Aleisha  Zolman
Feb 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read the story "Reflection" by Terra Luft! It grabbed my attention from the first word! I really like how the story unfolded through the dialogue and descriptions and not just because she said this is how it was. It was well written with a lot credit given to the reader to figure out what the story was about. If the other stories are as well written I look forward to reading the rest of this anthology!!!
Autumn
Feb 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you're in the market for a fun collection of short stories that supports a great cause this one is right up your alley. I'm normally not a fan of short stories (they always leave me longing for more) but this group of writers had some very creative thoughts when it came to secrets and doors.

(Individual story reviews forthcoming)

Michael Glassford
What a fun collection of short stories. Each as original and entertaining as the last. From secret doors to magic mirrors, this book delivers the fun to the reader and the love to the foundation it champions.
Kelly
Secrets and Doors is an anthology to raise money to benefit the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation in their quest to cure Type One Diabetes (T1D). Each story contains contains secrets and types of doors. The stories range from contemporary, sci-fi, fantasy, and paranormal. There is something for everyone. I read these stories to my 12 year old daughter over her nail art obsession for another perspective. She’s really into reading books and several of these stories she was in love with. Many o ...more
Ali Cross
What could possibly be better than a good book? A good book with a cause! All of the proceeds from this book are going to benefit the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation in their quest to cure Type One Diabetes (T1D) which is AWESOME.

Sometimes I love to read short story anthologies. It's a great way to get to know new-to-me authors and they're perfect for bedtime reading because you're less likely to stay up too late (a constant problem for me!).

I read Michael Darling's story, The Temp, and i
Monica
Feb 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First and foremost I am so appreciative to have read this book and give a review. Second of all, all of the proceeds from this book are going to benefit the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation in their quest to cure Type One Diabetes (T1D) which is great in and of its self! I love how these are local Utah authors who have gathered up their awesome short stories to put together in this collection, I do not think there was one story that I did not enjoy reading. Reading short stories is not my n ...more
Pam Shelton-Anderson
Feb 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
All of the authors who contributed to this excellent anthology deserves kudos as do the editor and the illustrator of the wonderful artwork. I gave it a 5 and applaud its charity contribution as well to JDRF. My favorite and, in my opinion, the best was "Reflections" by Terra Luft. It was well written and very original look at conformity and the desire to escape from that but also that rules have a place. Stories that I also found exceptional were "Seed and Soul" by Same McClendon, "Simple Magic ...more
Michael Darling
Jan 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
If you like collections with variety, you'll like Secrets and Doors. It's stories embrace fantasy, science-fiction, and horror elements and if you run into a tale that doesn't quite set your imagination on fire, the next one will. My story, "Temp," pays homage to one of my all-time favorite science-fiction authors, Isaac Asimov, with a cyborg-enhanced young woman discovering that all is not what it appears in her world. All proceeds benefit the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, a wonderful ...more
Callie
Oct 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
A great collection of fantasy and sci-fi short stories from talented authors.
Angela
Feb 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
A lovely collection of short stories put together for a great cause.
Jessica Parker
Nov 12, 2015
Johnny Worthen
Apr 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Johnny Worthen
Apr 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Brenda
May 02, 2017
Lil Miss
Feb 03, 2015
C.R. Asay
Feb 04, 2015 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Terra
Apr 22, 2016
Linda
Apr 22, 2016
Terra
Feb 09, 2015 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: anthologies